Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Is anyone familiar with this Peruvian seller?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Jabroniville

Jabroniville

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:26 PM

I won an auction for a complete-looking Anarchy Laser Beast from a Peruvian seller with 100% feedback, but only a few transactions in the past year: http://www.ebay.ca/i...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

This was Oct. 1st. Now it's Oct. 9th and I still haven't got word of it shipping out (the auction said that there was tracking involved). Now, this wouldn't be the first time a foreign seller has waited forever to ship something, and I've not been too picky about shipping time (Canadian Customs is bad for just holding onto things for days at a time, and Canada Post never even TRIES to deliver large packages), but things like this always make me nervous from foreign sellers. I left him a polite message a couple days ago asking if he had a tracking number yet, and "don't worry if you haven't shipped it out yet- I'm not in a big hurry to get it", but I haven't received a message back.

I was just wondering if this all seems on the up & up. He had a few other LB auctions at once, but none of those sellers have left feedback, so I don't think they received their figures yet (they're all different sellers with histories bidding on different people's auctions). Is anyone familiar with this guy? Or dealing with sellers from South America before? I'd imagine that if he never ships, I could easily get my money back since I can prove that he never shipped it out, but it feels odd. Plus, I kind of want an Anarchy with Weapon & Card :).

Edited by Jabroniville, 09 October 2016 - 03:08 AM.

#2 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 09 October 2016 - 01:35 AM

His Spark Shark sold for $56 CAD? That's crazy!

I hope you see your figure soon! Definitely press the issue though. You are entitled to your figure that you paid for, and they shouldn't be listing things they aren't prepared to ship.

Edited by Draznar, 09 October 2016 - 01:36 AM.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#3 Jabroniville

Jabroniville

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 02:56 AM

His Spark Shark sold for $56 CAD? That's crazy!

I hope you see your figure soon! Definitely press the issue though. You are entitled to your figure that you paid for, and they shouldn't be listing things they aren't prepared to ship.

Crazy low or crazy high? I can never tell with Laser Beasts, which are ALWAYS pricey in my neck of the woods. I've yet to see a weaponless one sell for less than $25 CAD outside of freak luck (one eBay auction; once in Japan). Most on eBay are close to that (the 12 that made it over here, anyways). But the weapons tend to inflate the prices- I think I got VERY lucky buying a Fly Sailon for only $40 CAD with his weapon from a vendor at a Comic Expo, judging by the prices online for those things. For comparison, I've seen most Series 3 Battle Beasts priced at over $25 CAD complete, especially the semi-rare ones like the Panther & Rooster.

A Spark Shark selling for $56 CAD with gun AND card-thingie seems more or less what I'd expect. How much are these things "supposed" to go for? I get the impression that a lot of the posters here collected these years ago and haven't had to deal with the current inflation- it's the Monster In My Pockets that always shock ME with their prices :).

I figure I won't open a complaint against the guy until it passes the estimated date of arrival (14-21 days estimated). Though I'm a bit annoyed that he hasn't posted back after I questioned him the first time- a good seller should answer back at LEAST within a day, and now it's been two. I even repeated the question in Spanish (which I figure for his native language).

Edited by Jabroniville, 09 October 2016 - 12:20 PM.

#4 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:31 AM

General rule of thumb for #77-88 LBs in good condition, with weapon but without card, is about 40 USD. The anarchy you won is a bit scuffed on the nose, and the card isn't perfect, but since it's included I think your price was fair. I'd value that card around 12-15usd. Didn't see the spark shark auction but 56CAD (~42USD) seems about right as well assuming condition is good and he had a weapon.

Edited by bachamn, 09 October 2016 - 08:33 AM.

#5 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:34 AM

I think the most I've ever paid for a complete LB was $30 USD. I've paid as low as $15 CAD for some, spark shark and zariginian for example.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#6 Spiritcrusher

Spiritcrusher

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 11:35 AM

I paid $40 a piece for each of my first 12 Laser Beasts #77-88. They are complete with Laser and in mint condition.

#7 Jabroniville

Jabroniville

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 12:19 PM

Yeah, I paid 1200 yen for a Zariganian in Japan (about 15-ish bucks CAD), and a similar amount after luckily winning an auction for a Shool on eBay- both weaponless (so, uh, ignore my previous statement where I said they never sell for less, because I apparently forgot that I myself have saved money on them :)). But the rest have been pricier.

Oh, and the guy finally messaged me back today:

Thanks for your communication. The tracking number is a register number to follow the packet in different post offices around the world. With this number you will know where your ítem is. I have not deliver your package yet because the transfer from paypal account to my local bank account take some days, but don't worry when I do the deliver I will notify you by ebay. It's great to know you´ve completed your laser beast collection with this ítem.

That's good enough for me- I just wanted to know :).

#8 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 06:39 PM

As Bach has pointed out, there is some value to the cards. In defense of these prices, none of my purchases were ever with the cards.

Glad to see your item is soon to be on the way!

<p> </p>
<p>

#9 catbeast5000

catbeast5000

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 02:59 PM

I won the blue eagle from the same seller when those few pieces were listed on oct 1st fr $43 USA.i haven't received or heard anything as well and was starting to worry.so after reading this post i definitely went and emailed him.hopefully he gets back to me in a timely matter.nice to know I'm not the only one worrying.if people would just communicate it would really help things go smoother.

#10 Jabroniville

Jabroniville

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 03:55 AM

I won the blue eagle from the same seller when those few pieces were listed on oct 1st fr $43 USA.i haven't received or heard anything as well and was starting to worry.so after reading this post i definitely went and emailed him.hopefully he gets back to me in a timely matter.nice to know I'm not the only one worrying.if people would just communicate it would really help things go smoother.

Hah- nice. I was hoping another poster here was at least in the same boat I am (I kept checking his seller section for feedback on the others). It's very weird. Several days ago he messaged me, and STILL no sign of him shipping it. I wonder if he realizes what would happen if any ONE of us gave him a Negative for excessive Shipping Time Waits- with only seven other transactions, his score would plummet to unsalvageable numbers. I've actually seen one seller completely leave eBay because of a "bad hire" that resulted in numerous bad reviews (for lack of shipping)- nobody's going to buy from someone with 50%, so he just took his whole store down.

Let me know what he says. If he gives a different excuse, we'll know something's up :).

#11 catbeast5000

catbeast5000

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 12:54 PM

He emailed me back yesterday saying he had to wait fr the money to hit his bank so just be patient.seems a little long bt its covered by PayPal so hopefully soon it will ship.i imagine since he has a low feedback score he prob has to wait up to two weeks fr the payment to post fr him to get it.i had that prob years ago when my feedback wasnt above 100.I'm still thinking ours is gonna get here sometime this year lol.ill be more weary next time

#12 Jabroniville

Jabroniville

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 02:13 PM

He emailed me back yesterday saying he had to wait fr the money to hit his bank so just be patient.seems a little long bt its covered by PayPal so hopefully soon it will ship.i imagine since he has a low feedback score he prob has to wait up to two weeks fr the payment to post fr him to get it.i had that prob years ago when my feedback wasnt above 100.I'm still thinking ours is gonna get here sometime this year lol.ill be more weary next time

Oh, is that how PayPal works sometimes? Weird. I guess it makes sense.

Still, it's a pretty amateurish Seller move to wait more than a week to ship and provide nothing to the buyers- at LEAST make a message out of it, explaining that it will take a bit. I've seen a LOT of sellers on eBay actually take negatives from buyers for taking more than 1-3 days to ship out, and the way negatives work, even a single one will drop you below 100% unless you are a whole company selling hundreds of items.

I think that happened to one seller I used to deal with- he had a "bad hire" who didn't ship things out (I dunno what the whole story was), and he got 4-5 negatives in a row, which dropped his rating below 85%, which is HUGE for eBay. So I think he was forced to close down his entire store and is probably waiting until a full year cycles around for those to go away... if he comes back to eBay at all.

So yeah, I'm guessing we're gonna see our figures sometime in November :). Those Foreign Sellers... cheap shipping (WAY cheaper to ship from literally anywhere but the U.S., here in Canada; this guy here charged me probably half what an American seller would for shipping), but man do you get what you pay for!

#13 Jabroniville

Jabroniville

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:04 PM

I sent another message to the guy yesterday morning, and just got this one back:

Hi Jabroniville, today I made a claim to my locsl.bank, and after a long conversation finally got the money. This transfers takes only 5 days. But they wanted to know why I'm receiving foreign money constantly. This never happened to me before it was really strange. Tomorrow i will send the packet to my postal office by registered mail. Thank you once more for your comprehension. Send you a pic of the packrt .

And then it includes a picture of my figure with the package and my address on it. So it looks like it's gonna get here. Did you get the same one, catbeast? Hopefully we should all be set.

#14 catbeast5000

catbeast5000

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:49 AM

I haven't received anything yet.no email or figure bt i did email him last weekend on ebay telling him i was filing to get my money back.said he was sending it out the next day.so hopefully after urs mines will come too.never buying from him again lol

#15 Jabroniville

Jabroniville

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:12 PM

Yeah, really! Stuff like this is why I get so nervous when I go with foreign sellers. Some of them have REALLY bizarre methods of dealing with customers. One guy who has really rare Dino Riders stuff takes about 2 weeks to ship EVERY TIME- if he didn't charge only like five bucks for  one figure (about a quarter of what they charge in the States to ship to Canada), and he didn't have rare stuff, I'd never go with it :). But at least with him I KNOW it's coming eventually. This guy had me wondering for WEEKS if I needed to just file for a refund (I'm sure we'd win easily, eBay favors the buyer 9/10 times, but it'd be a pain and I wouldn't have my figure).

#16 Jabroniville

Jabroniville

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:44 PM

OMG it finally arrived! Well, it came quick once it DID ship, I'll say that. Not bad for $10 US. Of course, there was one final annoyance- The postman left a notice for pickup... at a post office across the city! I live RIGHT NEXT TO ONE.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com