Theme© by Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

The most amazing find in M.U.S.C.L.E. History!

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#51 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 06:00 PM

Well, I think I found the auction page.
http://page4.auction...ction/d57872460

But you have to have a Yahoo Auctions Japan ID to view it since it is over, but My computer is pinheaded so I can't get it to translate the stupid text. But I'm sure this is the one Jon was referring to. Interesting that there are no photos. Although I do believe I managed to get the questions page to translate so here it is.

http://www.worldling...A&wl_trglang=en

Notice Jkaris name next to the first question, so the auction is credible and he was telling the truth about the questions and such, and he went through Donky bid to buy this auction. So I guess Jon's claim is indeed true. :)

Nice.

The photos and Jon's word are proof enough for me. I never doubted he found them, won them and they were REAL Super Rares!

I guess after some of the jokin' round here, some of you think this is a joke...it ISN'T!!! It is the SCORE of a LIFETIME!!!

Once again I say, "BRING ON LEE'S!"

TGB

#52 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:01 PM

OH! I want to apologize to Jon! :) I forgot about your post saying you didn't want people to know how much you paid for the auction. Sorry about that. I guess I got so into it that I fumbled. I'm a dork. Sorry. But hey I wouldn't be worried. You found something that most of us can only dream of, and heck I think most of us would have sold some organs to buy that lot. Sorry to be a skeptic too. Like Marty said, there has been so many Pranks and jokes lately that it is hard to believe anything of this magnitude. What you should have done was show them to us one at a time over the next month. That would have had us really squirming.

Posted Image

#53 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:23 PM

Well, I'm still not sure why jkaris didn't link to the auction, but I'm glad you found it, URS. Thanks!

I now feel comfortable believing and saying these guys are legit!

Considering the joking history of this forum, the power of Photoshop, the skill of TGB, and, well, the rarity of the SRs, I don't think for a minute we were wrong to be skeptical. (Hell, that's why jkaris contacted Doc, Tortle, and Veers, because he knew it would be that hard to believe.)

I can't wait until jkaris or Tortle totally provides close up pics and coverage of these figures!

Once again, congrats, jkaris!

:)

Edited by Soupie, 22 January 2006 - 05:03 AM.

Posted Image

#54 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 21 January 2006 - 10:57 PM

Jon is being pretty quiet for someone who just set a new Super Rare Record. :) You don't think he died of excitement do you? You'd think he would be happy enough to send everyone a round of Muscles on the house! :D You know Jon if you listed each figure individually on eBay, you could probably get $10,010 total for all of them from that Yapiel guy! :lol: J/k

Posted Image

#55 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:15 AM

You know Jon if you listed each figure individually on eBay, you could probably get $10,010 total for all of them from that Yapiel guy! :) J/k

No comment. :D
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#56 MrCheeks

MrCheeks

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:I re-discovered MUSCLES in july '05 while selling some of my old starwars toys on eBay. Next thing I know, I'm trying to compile a complete collection of pinks, and a full fleged ebay junkie.<br><br>To see my current eBay listings click my &quot;website url&quot;. I plan to have MUSCLE auctions often in the forseeable future, some Kinnikuman too!

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:42 AM

That would be so awesome if theyre real. I believed it:D
A co-worker of mine is from Japan!! , message me the seller's email address and on monday I'll have him ask in Japannese what the story is on these figures, like if the seller knew someone that worked at the factory or what, or if there are any more out there somewhere.
Nobody can get any useful info about something like this through that babblefish program or whatever you're using. :)

#57 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 05:31 AM

Wow.....what a find :)
the jury was still out for me for a couple of days , my insecurities lie with
my own pranks i've tried on these forums as some of you may recall
( see pic ) Evolution Man.

Jon being the main backer behind many of my ideas in the past , i for one
knew he was bloody well capable of something like this , also if it were a prank
and i did fall for it , it would have been nothing more than i deserved.

If it is all legit , then good luck to the guy who has contributed so much to the muscle world.

good 1 mate :D

Mischa

Attached Files

There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#58 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 09:43 AM

Haha! Evolution...you bastitchs!

:)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#59 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 02:49 PM

Jkaris hasn't posted because he's away from his computer for a few days. Again, this is no joke.

#60 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 03:07 PM

Hello all!

Just a few things:

1. They are legit, this isn't a gag. But you are correct to be skeptical.

2. Yes, the reason I didn't post the auction is becuse I really didn't want anyone knowing what I paid for them. Mainly because these thing will sell (the ones I do let go of) for much more than I paid and I didn't want to get into that issue. However, that was the correct auction that was posted, and those of you who have a YJP account and can view old auctions, please, I would appreciate it if you didn't mention the price. The reason there is no ic is because some (actually most) YJP auctions delete the pic after a few days beng closed.

3. I have been quiet since Friday afternoon becuase I was out of town. I let my wife talk me into going to Truckee for the weekend. I was reluctant because I a. hate the cold and b. had no internet for the entire trip. However, my kids had a blast in the snow, so it was well worth it. That being said, I got a chance to take some sweet pics of the 9 (of the 11) I still have in my possession. Pics to follow.

4. Yes, I have sold/traded 4 of them already. 1 to Alex for his extra BHS, 3 others to people as a sale. I will let them announce their new super rares. 2 went out Friday, so I was not able to get pics of them in the snow. 2 of the figures I sold I am shipping this comng week, so they are in the pics. I may sell/trade 3 more of them, but that really depends on the offer. I am 100% certainly keeping the Part 28 figures and the 2 piece SC from Part 24. Nate thinks I am crazy to keep any at the price I have sold the others for, but I think I will be fine.

The figures that were found, and no, I don't plan on naming them, but I think a good name for the collective is the Magnificent Eleven (as Soupie so eloquently phased it).
They are:

From Part 22:
Terryman with Hat and Cape
Warsman with Spikes
Brocken Jr.
Ramen Man with Dragon
Satan Cross with hole (actually Samson Trainer)
Satan Cross (the guy who sticks his head IN the hole)

From Part 24:
2-piece Satan Cross (was not attached on a sprue)
Robin Mask

From Part 28:
Prism Man
Mysterious Partner
Buffaloman (with bazooka?)

Those are the 11.

Anyways, on with the pics!!!! (these are near 2mb each)

Attached Files

#61 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 03:08 PM

Next

Attached Files

#62 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Pic 3

Attached Files

#63 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Pic 4

Attached Files

#64 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Pic 5

Attached Files

#65 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Pic 6

Attached Files

#66 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 03:09 PM

Pic 7

Attached Files

#67 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 03:09 PM

Last pic

Attached Files

#68 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 05:27 PM

I updated the Super rares thread in the F.A.Q.

http://www.littlerub...?showtopic=2420

#69 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 22 January 2006 - 06:12 PM

Shouldn't the "Black Emperor" profile be update? It states that "Black Emporer was found by Alex Forbes (arforbes), who still to this day, scours eBay religiously. Hence his collection of 3 of the 4 Super Rare sculpts.

Not to be nit-picky or anything, but shouldn't it now read "Hence his collection of 3 of the 15 Super Rare sculpts."

#70 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 08:35 PM

Shouldn't the "Black Emperor" profile be update? It states that "Black Emporer was found by Alex Forbes (arforbes), who still to this day, scours eBay religiously. Hence his collection of 3 of the 4 Super Rare sculpts.

Not to be nit-picky or anything, but shouldn't it now read "Hence his collection of 3 of the 15 Super Rare sculpts."

:lol: True.

#71 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:51 PM

:lol: True, suddenly Yapiel's collection seems very insignificant. Still impressive though compared to many others.

#72 el midgetron

el midgetron

Squirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1401 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:32 AM

I am sold at this point. I didn't really doubt it from the beginning but when Johnny was absent from the discussion (as he seems to have a hard time fibbing) I began to wonder. Not to mention a find like this is so fantastic it deserves scepticism. Its kinda like someone saying they found a flying saucer buried under the Sphinx. I am truly blown away.

i know there has been some contact with Mattel in the past but has anyone ever considered realy digging into the history of these figures? tracking down someone who was closely involved in the M.u.s.c.l.e. line could answer alot of questions our small community has. back in the early 70's I was a huge fan of Wacky Stickers. Now-a-days I am thrilled by people like Jay Lynch who can (and has) provided collectors with such detailed information. Certainly there is someone out there who can answer many of the questions we have. Discus.....
Posted Image

#73 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:41 AM

I don't plan on naming them, but I think a good name for the collective is the Magnificent Eleven (as Soupie so eloquently phased it).

I think a better name would be

"Johnny's Eleven"

After all Jon did find them and there is 11 of them :lol:

and i don't think another 11 will be found any time soon.

Mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!

#74 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:19 AM

:lol: True, suddenly Yapiel's collection seems very insignificant. Still impressive though compared to many others.

Yeah... he's still missing the ever ellusive A-Hole Sunshine. :lol: :lol:

#75 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:33 AM

Shouldn't the "Black Emperor" profile be update?

Also, I believe the MUSCLE Black Emperor does have an alias, that being "Dark Emperor."

Also, in regards to the Eleven, you say that they were not found in MUSCLE packaging. However, a 28 pack certainly is MUSCLE packaging.

I suppose a bootlegger could have simply placed 11 bootlegged MUSCLEs in a 28 pack with other real MUSCLEs, or bootlegged MUSCLEs.

However, my gut feeling (which ultimately means nothing) says the figures came from the Bandai factory in the 28 pack.

Also, jkaris, you may want to keep the MUSCLE sculpt guys seperate as opposed to mixing them in with other MUSCLEs. You never know what might turn up in the future. Maybe under a microscope they look different?

:lol:
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com