38 replies to this topic

#1 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:27 AM

I'm not really into this line of figures, but would like to know- what are the most popular figures in MIMP?

#2 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:39 PM

Behemoth! Behemoths colloction alone has hundreds! Though that might allready be called a fetish...

Edited by Jesse, 23 January 2015 - 03:14 PM.

#3 Guest_tarmogoyf_*

Guest_tarmogoyf_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:28 PM

The Ghost (series 1) and Ganesha (series 2) seem to be pretty popular among collectors and fans of the line.  Personally, I always thought Jotun Troll was a really cool sculpt 

#4 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:30 PM

Behemoth is really popular, especially with me. Others include Ghost and Great Beast. Also Spectre and Dragon from series 2 seem to be really popular.

I have 213 Behemoths now. I have slowed the lunacy, but not stopped it entirely. 

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#5 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:24 PM

213 Dahmers apartment number. 213 number of the room in The Shining.

#6 Jesse

Jesse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:50 PM

213 Dahmers apartment number. 213 number of the room in The Shining.

Perhaps this is a sign! You have exactly enough behemoths for... something? Im just sayin but the mayans said 214 isnt a safe number

#7 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:22 AM

That's because there's always 1 killer in those rooms. 213+1....

#8 Jesse

Jesse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:45 AM

So now were just waiting for the killer behemoth... unless hes here allready...

#9 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:07 AM

So now were just waiting for the killer behemoth... unless hes here allready...

I have 2 more on the way, but there is still time before they get here...

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#10 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:12 AM

the courtroom killer

#11 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:44 PM

the courtroom killer

The Terror of Tax is more like it. I'll probably never see a courtroom at my job (if I do it right).

#12 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:03 PM

The Terror of Tax.....yes....like it.

#13 ALieN

ALieN

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Monster in My Pocket
    Alien figures/action figures
    Dylan Dog
    Horror Blu Ray & DVD

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:58 AM

The most popular for me are: Behemoth, Great Beast, Werewolf, Ghost.

Also Zombie, The Monster, Vampire and Hydra as bonus figures.

ChestBurster.gif

#14 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Final Fantasy, Garbage Pail Kids Minikins, Ghostbusters, MIMP, M.U.S.C.L.E, Mutant Mania, OMFG, S.L.U.G Zombies, Socket Poppers, TMNT, Trash Pack, video editing, haunted attractions, hockey, professional wrestling

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:13 PM

Nobody has mentioned Bloody Bones and maybe that's because that ole smilin' creep just isn't that popular among collectors, but he's definitely one of my favorite MIMP sculpts.

#15 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:35 PM

Definitely Ghost for me.  Any figure holding it's own head is wicked kewl.  This guy is similar.

Attached Files

• Attached File  mm2.jpg   54K   2 downloads

#16 spiderearth

spiderearth

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:collecting minis and creating art

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:59 PM

I love me my Bishop Fish.  It's the one I have the clearest childhood memory of.  A pink one to be exact too. 

#17 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Final Fantasy, Garbage Pail Kids Minikins, Ghostbusters, MIMP, M.U.S.C.L.E, Mutant Mania, OMFG, S.L.U.G Zombies, Socket Poppers, TMNT, Trash Pack, video editing, haunted attractions, hockey, professional wrestling

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:26 PM

Definitely Ghost for me.  Any figure holding it's own head is wicked kewl.  This guy is similar.

I love me my Bishop Fish.  It's the one I have the clearest childhood memory of.  A pink one to be exact too. 

You guys both make good points. There is a certain brilliant simplicity to Ghost and Bishop Fish is another sculpt I've always thought was underrated.

#18 Cyttorak

Cyttorak

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:35 PM

The Ghost (series 1) and Ganesha (series 2) seem to be pretty popular among collectors and fans of the line.  Personally, I always thought Jotun Troll was a really cool sculpt 

For me also Jotun Troll always stood out when i was a kid, might of been as it was so hard for me to get lol. seemed be hard anyway and when i did it was always purple. Other personal favourites for me from series 1 was... no wait will be here all night i loved them all!

But seriously some cool ones were Great beast of course behemoth, werewolf, karnak, hydra, tengu, windigo, kraken, cockatrice, cerebus... no i was right love them all they were all great sculpts il stop. maybe a few only in s1 that were not great to be honest

if we talking detail and pose etc then id want to mention more, some already mentioned by others above zombie, vampire etc also depends on colour of some. some looked terrible one color but great in another altho of course its just down to personal preference

Behemoth is really popular, especially with me. Others include Ghost and Great Beast. Also Spectre and Dragon from series 2 seem to be really popular.

I have 213 Behemoths now. I have slowed the lunacy, but not stopped it entirely. 

HAHAHA I love this site.. i thought i was the only person to be That into things like this until i came here lol

found it few years ago never signed up then did about 2 years ago but had some life crap gettin in way of my fun and lost time until now to actually join in

#19 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:31 AM

For me also Jotun Troll always stood out when i was a kid, might of been as it was so hard for me to get lol. seemed be hard anyway and when i did it was always purple. Other personal favourites for me from series 1 was... no wait will be here all night i loved them all!

But seriously some cool ones were Great beast of course behemoth, werewolf, karnak, hydra, tengu, windigo, kraken, cockatrice, cerebus... no i was right love them all they were all great sculpts il stop. maybe a few only in s1 that were not great to be honest

if we talking detail and pose etc then id want to mention more, some already mentioned by others above zombie, vampire etc also depends on colour of some. some looked terrible one color but great in another altho of course its just down to personal preference

HAHAHA I love this site.. i thought i was the only person to be That into things like this until i came here lol

found it few years ago never signed up then did about 2 years ago but had some life crap gettin in way of my fun and lost time until now to actually join in

Check out my Behemoth frenzy post if you want to see pictures of my madness. Been collecting him for 25 years now. 

#20 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:25 AM

I think Coatlicue is underrated; I mean it's literally a LRG version of a 12ft centuries-old statue!  My other personal favorites from S1 are Tengu, Kraken, and Cockatrice was the first MIMP I ever owned (from the Shredded Wheat promo, how I long for the days of LRGs in cereal boxes).

For S2 I'm a big fan of Ganesha, Herne, and Bishop Fish. I don't follow the series after that (unless you count the Hardee's Dinos)

Edited by bachamn, 07 July 2015 - 10:28 AM.

#21 80schild

80schild

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    OMFG
    RC-CARS

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:20 PM

My favourite is the Abominable Snowman and Creature From The Closet.

#22 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:29 AM

I'm a fan of the following:

Coatlicue
The Monster
Abominable Snowman
Ganesha
Ghost

There are many others though ha!

#23 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:58 AM

Yeah the ghost is a rather cool sculpt. The only similarities to that figure you compared it to is his facial expression. But the way it's standing, don't you think it more resembles the headless man from S3?

Also I don't actually have any particular faves from S1, but if I had to pick just a few of 'em, it would be Windigo, The Phantom, Winged Panther and Hunchback. They're the only ones I knew of from First Series as a kid when discovering this toy-line through various cereal promos back in 1992/93. I'd have been far too young to play with these back in 1990, after all I was only 2 at the time so these wouldn't have been the safest toys to play with! :no:

My main obsession was with the Super Scaries. What was especially fascinating to me was getting to know all the different variations of multi-coloured sculpts out there. Although I didn't know there were that many to choose from as I only got my first few from Weetos cereal (with most of those being un-painted). This was before I saw the large boxed sets of 12 at the toy shops I might add. I always wanted Jenny Greenteeth in my collection though. Even to this day, I'd say she's the best MIMP sculpt I've owned so far.

#24 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:08 AM

Yeah the ghost is a rather cool sculpt. The only similarities to that figure you compared it to is his facial expression. But the way it's standing, don't you think it more resembles the headless man from S3?

Also I don't actually have any particular faves from S1, but if I had to pick just a few of 'em, it would be Windigo, The Phantom, Winged Panther and Hunchback. They're the only ones I knew of from First Series as a kid when discovering this toy-line through various cereal promos back in 1992/93. I'd have been far too young to play with these back in 1990, after all I was only 2 at the time so these wouldn't have been the safest toys to play with! :no:

My main obsession was with the Super Scaries. What was especially fascinating to me was getting to know all the different variations of multi-coloured sculpts out there. Although I didn't know there were that many to choose from as I only got my first few from Weetos cereal (with most of those being un-painted). This was before I saw the large boxed sets of 12 at the toy shops I might add. I always wanted Jenny Greenteeth in my collection though. Even to this day, I'd say she's the best MIMP sculpt I've owned so far.

Recently became aware of the 'Super Scaries'.  I now have a few.

I'm sure there are monsters I'm not aware of, but these are my favorites from what I have seen  --  Bigfoot, Ogre, Zombie, Frankenstein's Monster, Hunter guy, Gasmask Super Scary, and the T-Rex that looks like he's heading to the boxing ring.

Speaking of, I need some more series 1 & 2 lots to fill in some holes...

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#25 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:59 PM

Another Ghost fan here. That's been a favorite since I was 6. Jotun Troll is excellent--you've got to love all the detail on that one. Also Coatlicue, Kraken, Abominable Snowman, Ganesha, Hydra (even though it's a really strange take on that monster)--pretty much all the usual suspects. 

One I recently decided I like a lot is Ectoplasmic Phantom. I think that guy's underrated. 

Edited by fkro6784, 08 July 2015 - 05:59 PM.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com