Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Big Boy? Anubis Darker shade of Neon Purple and Much firmer Rubber...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:20 PM

So I have a question...I just don't know enough about MIMP.

I just snatched up a muscle lot on ebay because it had what appeared to be a MIMP series 3 pink or purple Anubis in it, and I just got it in the mail today. My question is this: Did the big boy promotion have figures that were made of a harder rubber, such as a muscle figure would feel? I have no other Anubis to compare it to, but the figure feels nothing like any of the MIMP I have. It feels identical to a Muscle figure.

Also, the color matches up pretty closely with the neon purple, just a shade darker, which is not something else I have come across. I am just really confused by this figure. It has all the right markings on the bottom of the feet, a 30 point value circle on the back, and the mold is dead on. It came out of Ohio, which is why I assumed Big Boy premium, but honestly I am completely confused on this.

Any info would be awesome, and please pardon my ignorance if this is a common thing. I will share good close up pics asap. For now here is a picture from the auction.

Attached Files

• Attached File  $_57.JPG   126.46K   8 downloads

#2 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:44 PM

Big Boys Leviathan, Anubis, Centaur, and Siren were all made in harder rubber. The other Series 3 figures were normal rubber. The purple figures are much more sought after, though Anubis seems to be the most common of the purple colors. It is a good find.

Edited by Behemoth, 27 June 2015 - 06:44 PM.

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#3 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:51 PM

I was just going to post the pictures up for you guys to see, and then wham! You already answered my question. I almost just messaged you directly...lol. Probably would have made more sense. Regardless, excuse my ignorance and thank you very much for answering my question!

Also, what would someone value these at, for future reference? 

Attached Files

Edited by dixiebull, 27 June 2015 - 06:57 PM.

#4 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:38 PM

I'd be interested in him if you let him go. 

See my collection on Instagram. @Paul.Sewell.14

#5 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:53 AM

Depending on the value of the figure I would possibly consider selling it...I don't know what the average rate of these figures go for though. 

#6 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:23 PM

Depending on the value of the figure I would possibly consider selling it...I don't know what the average rate of these figures go for though. 

Honestly I dont know either.  I know what I would pay; but I wouldn't want to low ball you either. 

I paid $35.00 for my orange big boy Anubis but I think that was a pretty good deal honestly.

See my collection on Instagram. @Paul.Sewell.14

#7 theassassin

theassassin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:51 PM

In my experience watching MIMP ebay sales over the last couple of years, I'd value a loose Big Boy series 3 figure at $80 minimum. Certainly no lower.

I know some of the longer-serving members here will claim this is not a "true value" (whatever that means) and will give a much lower estimate, but personally if it were me selling it via ebay, I'd be pretty confident in getting $80 (BIN) within a few months. Reason being because I've see plenty of people paying around that amount for them. In fact I might even be tempted to put it up for a $100 BIN at first, see if anyone bites. At the very least that would probably tempt some people to make an $80 best offer.

This is of course not to say that these cannot be won for lower amounts. With patience and the right seller/circumstances, you can win them a lot cheaper. But purely from a sellers point of view, I'd say you should easily be able to get $80 for it, presuming you're in no particular rush.

Edited by theassassin, 28 June 2015 - 12:54 PM.

#8 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 10:13 PM

Thank you for the pricing, it was very helpful!

Because I need to raise money for a trip coming up, I am going to entertain offers for the figure. I can provide more photos and a more precise description. I will be reasonable and not ask for high retail. I can do 60 dollars shipped in the US, and we can discuss shipping options for out of country collectors. If that is a crazy number, I will entertain offers. Please note that I am quoting that price based on my knowledge of the figure's condition. There are a few tiny black spots on the left arm and leg. I think with the right cleaning technique they can come off, but just in case I want everyone to be aware of them. I will try very hard to capture the spots in a picture. I can't find any other issue with the figure beyond that.

I am also willing to entertain offers for my Alternate Rare Hot Pink Colored Hardee's Premium Triceratops MIMP as well. It can be seen in the thread I started for it recently in the MIMP section.  I can provide more pics of it too if needed. How about for an even 75 I can do both as a package deal shipped, or, shoot me an offer on both or either one separate. 

Also, if this thread needs to move to got toys? feel free moderators. Thanks!

Edited by dixiebull, 28 June 2015 - 11:03 PM.

#9 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 28 June 2015 - 10:34 PM

Messaged you about the Hardees. 

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#10 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:55 AM

Here are some better pics of the Anubis. Note the black dot on the back, and the smaller ones on the hand and one on the leg. There is also some slight scuffing on the hand with the dots. These are the reasons why I am asking less for this figure. I just want everyone that may be interested to be aware of this. Thanks for the interest!

Attached Files

#11 theassassin

theassassin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:35 AM

I'd say $60 is a fair price considering it's not in perfect condition. The price I said was based on the assumption it was perfect condition.

#12 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:50 PM

Anubis has been sold. Thank you to everyone who helped with pricing and other info. I wish I could keep him, but I gotta play catch up with money right now and I will never be able to afford the dedication it would take for me to go full boar on MIMP AND M.U.S.C.L.E. So I will just stick with series one and two on MIMP for now. The Hardee's Dinosaur is pending offer acceptance, and will likely be sold too. 

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com