#1 uchubaco

uchubaco

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Anything Wrestling Related

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:09 PM

Hello, how are you?? I´m a collector from Uruguay, in South America of all places. Lately I have been getting back into collecting figures (mostly Martial Arts and Pro Wrestling ones), and don´t ask me the reason why, but a few minutes ago I had the thought of checking some information about a Monster In My Pocket figure, that I have owned for around fifteen years of which twelve had been spent inside a drawer of my nightstand.

For what I could gather it could be a rare figure and on eBay it had an absurd price, not looking to sell it or such, I only want to gather some information of it and what better place than this forum, no??

Anyways, sorry for the long-ass letter!! Cheers!!

Ps. It has some damage on one of his arms, the nose and the number of the back is damaged too...

Pics of it:

o02i41.jpg

317i54w.jpg

1126fet.jpg

Searching for:

- AWA Remco Mini Mashers

- WCW Thumb Wrestlers

#2 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:26 PM

It really depends on whether it is Matchbox or not. Here is a Neon Purple Matchbox:

Attached File  DSCN5678.JPG   31.41K   0 downloads

If yours is Matchbox it should have a point value (25 Points). It will also have markings on the feet for its number, "MEG", a factory letter, and "China"

If it does not have those things, then it is probably from Argentina. Or there may be other series in South America that I am not familiar with as well. 

The Matchbox NP Werewolf is worth good money, the others I am not sure.

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#3 keywolf

keywolf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:18 AM

The Matchbox neon purple werewolf is indeed rare- but the ones on ebay right now are WAY overpriced.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure you've got the Argentina release, which is probably much rarer! Prices for these are really unpredictable though. Some people pay big for them, while many don't collect them at all.

Some more info on Argentine MIMPS in this thread: http://www.littlerub...howtopic=112196

It's a great figure in a very cool colour! The picture I've attached shows the Argentina werewolf on the left, and the Matchbox neon purple on the upper right.

Attached File  purplewolves.JPG   263.21K   4 downloads

Edited by keywolf, 20 August 2015 - 01:31 AM.

#4 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:18 AM

If it's a Matchbox NP Werewolf then it's reasonably uncommon (I've owned a couple), but not top 10 uncommon. It's certainly not worth the ludicrous prices you see it listed for on eBay currently ha! Maybe £12 maximum. If it's another type of purple Werewolf then I'm. It sure on pricing as I only focus on Matchbox.

Edited by bigburty, 20 August 2015 - 01:19 AM.

#5 Daxel101uk

Daxel101uk

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:33 AM

I presumed that the np werewolf was common... I remember seeing them packaged alot in most sets... the neon yellow one is the one too look out for... again matchbox versions
“I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.â€￾ Bill Hicks R.I.P
My Collection
http://www.littlerub...=0

#6 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:05 AM

I presumed that the np werewolf was common... I remember seeing them packaged alot in most sets... the neon yellow one is the one too look out for... again matchbox versions

What kind of sets and where did you see them? I agree that NY Werewolf is usually harder to find than NP, but the NP one is quite uncommon. You pretty much only see them in French lots. They do turn up in the occasional UK lot, but not often.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com