#1 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

POPULAR

In light of all of the negativity, I wanted to try a little experiment in positivity...

I read on Veers' UoM blog, that John McKinnon hooked him up with a long needed MUSCLE figure. Veers has been a good friend to me, and I loved that JMcKinnon had made the effort to engage in such a random act of kindness... So I packed up some flesh MUSCLES, and sent them to Mr. McKinnon.

He left me a nice feedback today, and this just gave me an idea: Let's pin this topic, and post our "Hall of LRG Heroes" on here. Whenever somebody does you a solid, out of the goodness of their heart, you should post your gratitude in this thread. Let's see how many pages we can make this puppy! We are quick to call out dickheads that ruin the hobby, let's flip the script over and start calling out those that are HELPING it.

My first, is John MicKinnon. Thanks for looking out for my friend, John.

#2 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

This isn't about MUSCLE, but recently I was looking for Armorvor rubsign chestplates. I spoke with Onyxiaphil and he was willing to edit an Ebay listing he had just to send me one at no cost. I'm still a pretty new member of the board and we hadn't really interacted before that, so that was pretty cool.

#3 ALLSPORTDVD

ALLSPORTDVD

Ameragu Chojin No Bosu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Anything Kinnikuman!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

I have to give a shoutout to Skullking - he sent me 2 of the remaining 3 Deka I need for my set & only wanted the money for postage!

Top bloke in my opinion and from a relatively new member too!
Check out my collection pics - https://www.flickr.c...107790593@N02/?

#4 NeoGeoMage

NeoGeoMage

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Rasslin and vidjah games

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Anyone willing to sell me a Satan Cross for under $50 would be my hero.
Mike Awesome will one day return to AWESOME BOMB us all to heaven.

#5 KingJefferson

KingJefferson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

my thanks would be for anyone here thats not an a.hole, youre all considered my friends and i want to keep it that way. But i would have to say that jimmy aka ironmask, would be my hero. Hes givin me so many free toys and prototypes that if i had to pay for them i would be broke.

Edited by MonsterMan, 18 April 2013 - 03:07 PM.

cool-monkey-drummer.gif

#6 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

JMckinnon, and Clonewars both deserve props for their recent muscle kindness.

Personally, both Ironmask and Smokingun have both been really cool in hooking me up with stuff.
It would have taken me much longer than it did to complete my UM micro fig set without Guns help.

Also, MrJayBerry for being the only one to respond to my request for a couple of zerboz figs recently.

Thanks guys!

#7 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Trent, you hooked me up with the ENTIRE Galoob WCW 5" figure line! I am still trying to pay YOU back, so I wouldn't call what I am doing "hooking you up", haha
You make my list for sure, along with URS, Eric Nilla (oh jesus, how many people are going to name that turd-burglar?haha), Veers, and man, if I keep going I know I am going to leave somebody out. I think we should note people's goodness in this thread, going forward, though! Don't let the shitbags get ALL of the press!

#8 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

I got to put Clawfreak in here. He gave me a major jump start to my Robin Mask collection with MUSCLE and Kinkeshi figures, a custom, a bootleg, and romando figure. Also hooked me up with a sealed box of Caol Uno x Kinnikuman blind packs. Big ol cannonball splash into kinnikuman collecting! Working on a sweet exchange with Plasticsoul at the moment, so preemptive strike on that one.

Edited by redjarojam, 18 April 2013 - 04:20 PM.

#9 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

Bizrebellion hooked me up with a mini-boglin for just shipping cost. He's prominently displayed on my desk :)
My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#10 progslut

progslut

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Women, Riding my motorcycle on one wheel, $, Y/S*N*T, sneakers, guns & Partying like a ROCK STAR!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

Some1 sell me a SR would be my hero!!!
Once a SUSPECT always a Suspect!

#11 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

I've gotta give a big shout out to Darrin Vindiola - MUSCLETOYS. Without him, none of this would have been in place! Not only did he start the first MUSCLE web site, he organized the community, and his immense friendliness helped bring more and more new people into the hobby - me, included.

My first freebies were from Patrick Gresham. This started a trend of online buying that... well, heheheheheh.

(first purchase was from him, too)

Edited by Ridureyu, 18 April 2013 - 07:22 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

I'm fortunately enough to have had several acts of kindness passed my way over the year that I've been a forum member. However, the one that I'd like to mention first is the surprise package I received from b00sted last year. He hooked me up with the 4 exclusive series 1 SLUG Zombies I needed completely free!! There's no doubt he could have made money on them, but he sent them to me knowing how difficult it is to get SLUGs over here and how long I'd been searching for them :thumbsup:

There are many more members I could go on about - including you Jimmy. Great thread :) Any chance it could be pinned elsewhere rather than just in the MUSCLE sub-section?

Edited by bigburty, 18 April 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#13 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

I couldn't go on enough about how Eric and Jimmy are continually pretty much the nicest and most generous guys around! Thanks, guys!

John McKinnon helped get me back in after my last (and probably last-ever) disappearance from the board. Notice that I've stayed back.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#14 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:27 AM

my thanks would be for anyone here thats not an a.hole, youre all considered my friends and i want to keep it that way. But i would have to say that jimmy aka ironmask, would be my hero. Hes givin me so many free toys and prototypes that if i had to pay for them i would be broke.

What he said. :)
I'm new to this community and Jimmy aka Ironmask is one of my top shout outs! I just met these dudes in person on Sunday. Jimmy hooked me up in a 2:1 trade (2 him, 1 me) of GI Joe Microforce minifigs helping me nearly complete the first set (still need two!). And he gave me a new piece he had just cast in rubber and hasn't even previewed anywhere else (yes, I'm awesome and you all suck! :joecool: ).

There are others but I need to find their LRG names. :)

Edited by Stratos, 19 April 2013 - 03:28 AM.

#15 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

The name shouldn't be heroes. I love alliteration (just wait until Monday), but it's not heroes. And it shouldn't just be about freebies. That's just a nice thing to do. If anything it should be a rule, not the exception.

The people that have been the most helpful or done things to make me want to remain a part of the community has nothing to do with figures. I've had so many amazing conversations with people about MUSCLE, collecting, and sometimes much bigger things – but I wouldn't share that here.

John's amazing gesture was an easy to share example. It's a stunning story that flies in the face of a Class A storm that seems to be forming. But it’s just one example, not the exemplar behavior. In fact, I value some interactions John and I had previously far more than the figure – but that doesn't make a good story and I wouldn't share it even if it did.

The negative stuff is easy to see, point out, and talk about. And I agree that we should focus on the far greater positivity that exists. But it's not just free figures. At least that's what I hope. :yes:

#16 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

The name shouldn't be heroes. I love alliteration (just wait until Monday), but it's not heroes. And it shouldn't just be about freebies. That's just a nice thing to do. If anything it should be a rule, not the exception.

The people that have been the most helpful or done things to make me want to remain a part of the community has nothing to do with figures. I've had so many amazing conversations with people about MUSCLE, collecting, and sometimes much bigger things – but I wouldn't share that here.

John's amazing gesture was an easy to share example. It's a stunning story that flies in the face of a Class A storm that seems to be forming. But it’s just one example, not the exemplar behavior. In fact, I value some interactions John and I had previously far more than the figure – but that doesn't make a good story and I wouldn't share it even if it did.

The negative stuff is easy to see, point out, and talk about. And I agree that we should focus on the far greater positivity that exists. But it's not just free figures. At least that's what I hope. :yes:

You're absolutely right, it's not about free toys. For me, it was all about the considerate actions of people who are divided by an ocean and share a deep love for the hobby. The free figures were the literal and tangible result, BUT it was more about the forethought, and the mutual respect and admiration. It was also about a guy putting his money where his mouth was, to show his friend that respect and admiration. I echo Veers, it's not just about free shit, but about making the hobby better than you found it.

#17 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:28 AM

I keep meaning to reply here.... I caught the spirit of the first post. This is all good stuff.... but it's about the gesture..... the thought behind. More than freebies. Veers started veering the conversation more to the point. I have a bit to add here, but will hit this at a better time.

#18 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:30 AM

Moving towards the improtance of the gesture, another member I must add to this list is ersico. Since October he has been acting as my 'surrogate' Glyos shipper, taking in packages from Onell and re-shipping them on to me in England in order to remove the huge direct shipping rates Glyos charge to send overseas. This is something he volunteered to do and although it doesn't cost him anything in terms of money, it does in terms of time and effort. A great guy all round :thumbsup: Oh, and add to that, that he did also send me a custom OMFG set as a wedding present :clapping:

Edited by bigburty, 21 April 2013 - 02:37 AM.

#19 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:44 AM

the considerate actions of people/collectors

Call the thread this maybe?

#20 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

Nice thread, I rarely post here anymore, part of it is I have all but stopped collecting, but another reason is everytime I come here there is a pissing contest between a few of the newer members and it is just boring to read day after day. people like that have pretty much ruined the hobby for me. I rather spend my money and time with my beautiful daughters instead.

That said, its nice to see a thread like this where people are actually talking about how awesome each other are. My most recent trades have all been with Ironmask, and he will everytime send freebies and extras. Its fun and exciting getting packages from him because you never know what to expect. He recently even sent some toys and goodies for my daughter which I thought was super cool and Rin loved them. (I need to get yours out too BTW, sorry for being such a slow ass about it).

I have been here since the very beginning almost, and I have to say I have traded with dozens of people here, all have been good. There are a lot of good people here, it would take me all day to type every trade that I was happy with. Eric, ldesigns, Johnny, taka(stinger wolf), whiteleo, and so many more... Notibly Johnny and Taka have both gave me tons of free stuff, especially in the beginning that kickstarted my collection. Before Taka was even a member here I talked to him through ebay regarding a couple auctions he had posted, I won one of them, and with the auction came dozens of non muscle sculpt keshi, some rare, totally out of the blue, and totally awesome, and a note attached said something to the point of "seems like you like this stuff, so here is some extras I had, I hope you enjoy", eff yes I enjoyed! I love the guy.

#21 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

I meant to ask you what Rin thought of that plush Hulk! I am glad she liked it!

And Bill, you guys can call this thread "Pepperoni Pizza", so long as it keeps the positivity flowing! I've said it before, I believe that there is a lot more good than bad on this board, and I want it to have it's day.

#22 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

Mmm Pizza
Posted Image
My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#23 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

There are more than a handful of people on the board that I have a good friendship with, but a few that have stood out over the years are a few that I made connections with early on. All Legends or Mods, but Jkaris, Nama Niku, Soupie, Whiteleo, doc_moore_j, and General Veers have been there with an open ear or a helpful hand right from the beginning. Im not sure if my beginnings here on the board weren't as great as they were if I would have stuck around this long, this is my first forum I even joined and now i can't imagine not being a member here. I've made many friends over the years here and there are too many to list that I have a good connection with. But I appreciate them all, and that's what primarily brings be back and keeps me around.

Oh and I hate Ironmask, that prick. :starwars:

Edited by Ericnilla, 23 April 2013 - 09:03 AM.

#24 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

Oh and I hate Ironmask, that prick.

You, too, are a worthy adversary.

#25 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:45 AM

I just wanted to put up a shout, for Bigburty. I asked for some help in getting an auction from the UK that wouldn't ship to the states, and Al jumped right on it, and helped me land a figure that has been missing from my collection for years (at a bargain, no less). I want to say a big "Thanks!" to Burty, for jumping in and helping out when he could have just ignored my post altogether.

Thanks, brother!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com