#1 retroworldkorea

retroworldkorea

Retro World Korea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Interests:vintage trash

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:38 PM

I remember someone asking about what a Toys R Us looks like in Korea. I snapped some quick pictures of the Toys R Us near my house. Bonus photos of the capsule machines from the mall it was in too. Enjoy the pictures!

Attached Files

#2 retroworldkorea

retroworldkorea

Retro World Korea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:44 PM

Round 2

Attached Files

#3 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:45 PM

FOODROID!   Love it! 

And you got the Slimy ALYENZ!   Look out for BOB his "teeht" are dangerous!!!

So those aliens are about $7.25 USD each. 

Soooooo tempted to send you back!

Edited by steverotters, 08 May 2015 - 04:52 PM.

#4 retroworldkorea

retroworldkorea

Retro World Korea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:51 PM

Capsule toys!

hahaha those ALYENZ looked rad. Not normally my cup of tea, but I had the feeling that they were worth snapping a photo of. 

Attached Files

Edited by retroworldkorea, 08 May 2015 - 04:51 PM.

#5 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:07 PM

I rather like how most things are in simple boxes.  Seems to maximize space. 

But then you got that huge Iron Man and huge Lego Star Wars displays that take up a whole lot of space.   They disrupt the consistency, which I guess is the point.  I tell you this, that Iron Man and Lego display would be destroyed and pilfered in a US TRU.  I am guessing Korean children are extra well behaved.  

I am trying to figure out what the accessories in the Foodroid packs actually are.  Whatever the toyline to the right of the Foodroids is, it seems to be the same kind of thing.  Some kind of Kamen Rider transforming figure I guess.  The Foodroids are the highlight though.  The hot dog changes into this battle tank figure.  There is a hamburger (not shown) that transforms into a bot that looks like Wall-E.  Come to think of it, the drink cup looks just like Eve.  Pretty cool.  

#6 retroworldkorea

retroworldkorea

Retro World Korea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:16 PM

hahaha Korean children are NOT well behaved. Well, I guess they are devils, but just in a different way than in the states. Kind of hard to explain I think. But believe be, they are no angels here.

And those Toybots are also my favorite and I've always been tempted to buy them, but they don't really match the aesthetic of the other stuff in my computer room. 

#7 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:32 PM

Yeah, Foodbots for the win!

I can see that Lego put a ton of money into their presentation, that Star Wars diorama notwithstanding.  That piece has a few thousand $$$ sunk into it.  That is an epic fan piece.

If you get a chance, see if there is anything at all to rival Lego.  Here we have Mega Bloks of course, plus K'nex, Ionix, Kre-o, and several dirt cheap "works with major brands" building toys. 

Snap a few pictures of the "girls toys" if you don't mind.

Is there a "cheap toy" aisle?  I'd be curious to see what is there.  Growing up in the US, you know what I mean.  

Maybe the Alyenz were in that aisle.  I'm super curious as to what is to the right of the Alyenz.

One more thing: Transformers.  Are they around?  Seems to be drowned out by all the Kamen Rider, "Carbots," and other mech-inspired properties.

Thanks for the photos.  

Made my day!  

#8 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:07 PM

Is that transforming french fries?
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#9 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:42 AM

Those vending/gumball/quarter machines though...ugggghhhhhh. I love those. I would love to see that much vending machine love here in the states.

#10 Guest_tarmogoyf_*

Guest_tarmogoyf_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:14 AM

This was very cool to look at, thanks for sharing!

#11 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:48 AM

Loads of cool stuff here, thanks for the pics! I expected the huge Tobot display considering how well that series is doing in Korea. The huge Gundam aisle was a bit more of a surprise.

I am trying to figure out what the accessories in the Foodroid packs actually are.  Whatever the toyline to the right of the Foodroids is, it seems to be the same kind of thing.  Some kind of Kamen Rider transforming figure I guess.  The Foodroids are the highlight though.  The hot dog changes into this battle tank figure.  There is a hamburger (not shown) that transforms into a bot that looks like Wall-E.  Come to think of it, the drink cup looks just like Eve.  Pretty cool.  

You're probably referring to the Astro Switches. Korea gets its Kamen Rider series a couple years later than the current Japanese series, so right now they're on Fourze, a space-themed Rider with modular attachments of all sorts of themes and a goofy assortment of Western junk-food-themed robots in a background role. Pretty damn good and very fun series to watch for sure, one of my favorites.

Edited by BaltanII, 09 May 2015 - 07:50 AM.

#12 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:41 PM

Cool pics! I don't know how much I would have spent if I ever come across a long line of capsule toys machines.

#13 retroworldkorea

retroworldkorea

Retro World Korea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:00 AM

With all the questions, I think I will take some video and post a youtube link next time! haha

Glad you guys got a kick out of the pics. 

The capsule toys are the best. I get caught up in them quite often, but end up just adding the to packaged I send out after a while. I've been collecting all of the little pokemon eraser toys/keshi in a jar though. They look cool all crammed up together. 

#14 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:03 AM

Those aliens are cool.

The "Foodroids" look an awful lot like the transforming food items that used to come in Happy Meals.
Especially the fries.

#15 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:34 AM

Yeah, now we're talking classics.  There were a couple different series, but here is the first one from 1987.  They were called "Food Changeables," I kinda like Foodroids better.  

Attached Files

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com