170 replies to this topic

#51 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 04:10 PM

I was going to mention that Meat figurine.

I believe the arcade version section of the site has the movelists for the characters who appeared in the arcade version. This could be useful for some people when they start playing the game.

it seems to be hard to perform a special move, the mortal kombat combination keys system has never been my forte

#52 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 10:03 PM

PS3 is gonna suck. You won't be able to trade/sell/rent games. I heard once you place the disc into your PS3, you can only play it on that console and no one elses. They're trying to stop bootleg games. </offtopic>

Anyway.. I wanna get a PSP now, so I can atleast get the Kinnikuman Generations game..

#53 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 11 July 2006 - 10:58 PM

It's hard to get the PSP game anyways (I just lost a bid for it last night by 1 pound. :D Unless I could download it from someone...) and I can't get anything from import sites due to shipping and taxes and some other stuff.
The PS2 game will be the same for me...

#54 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:Brains

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:24 AM

First Benkiman, now Snigator's been added? I think I just wet myself...

#55 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:32 PM

most of the main characters will have a second costume judging from the photos we've seen so far:

kid muscle: chojin kid
king muscle: commander king muscle
terryman: kinnikuman the great
robin mask: barracuda ?????
ramenman: mongolman
warsman: lord flash
buffaloman: buffalo rampage
sunshine: sunshine supreme

also judging from the characters and the storymodes looks like the PS2 version is gonna be rather different from the arcade one, do you guys think the PS2 gameplay could be slighly different as well? such as more wrestling less tekken?

Edited by buffaloman, 12 July 2006 - 09:43 PM.

#56 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:08 AM

Actually, Robin Mask will have his anime colour swap. I dunno if Ashuraman will have his manga colour swap or wears what he wore at the Dream Tag Team and later. If they all get more than one costume or so, they'll mostly be different colours, clothes (Kinnikuman wore several of them in the manga when against Warsman, Buffaloman, Ashuraman & Akuma Shogun, his Tag Team clothes and finally his Royal Rumble clothes) or anything else.

#57 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:57 AM

Actually, Robin Mask will have his anime colour swap. I dunno if Ashuraman will have his manga colour swap or wears what he wore at the Dream Tag Team and later. If they all get more than one costume or so, they'll mostly be different colours, clothes (Kinnikuman wore several of them in the manga when against Warsman, Buffaloman, Ashuraman & Akuma Shogun, his Tag Team clothes and finally his Royal Rumble clothes) or anything else.

they might have the manga swap colors as well, who knows, the more the better, but the important are those costumes I mentioned cuz they are like different characters, and could have different moves as well

#58 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 12:44 AM

By the by, no one mentioned the intro.
If you look at the end of the short trailers, they show the blue-outlined Kinnikuman revolving with a space background, which must mean the intro is gonna be Honoo no Kinnikuman 3D style(which played during the 7 Devil Chojin and Golden Mask stories). I also wondered if they'll used the original theme song or the 2005 version (since Super Dragon Ball Z used the 2005 version theme song, I wondered if they'll do the same for this game and whatever series had 2005 version theme songs).

#59 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 11:10 AM

By the by, no one mentioned the intro.
If you look at the end of the short trailers, they show the blue-outlined Kinnikuman revolving with a space background, which must mean the intro is gonna be Honoo no Kinnikuman 3D style(which played during the 7 Devil Chojin and Golden Mask stories). I also wondered if they'll used the original theme song or the 2005 version (since Super Dragon Ball Z used the 2005 version theme song, I wondered if they'll do the same for this game and whatever series had 2005 version theme songs).

in the arcade site/gamesystem/ last link down on the left, if you click it a general gameplay video is shown, if you pay attention when they show mantaro fight you can recognize the kinnikuman nisei song :D

#60 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:29 PM

VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE

a 3rd movie has been added, much longer than the previous ones, it shows some cutscenes from the 7 devil chojins storymode and some of nise as well, checkmate, eskara and comrade turbisnky are in the game, this is a great news to me, if they added ricardo they could pitch in the finals of the nisei chojin crown storymode, the video also shows the exact amount of the characters available as well as the unlockable, I just placed my order on liksang, can't wait 4 this game

#61 kinnikumask

kinnikumask

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:wrestling

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:47 AM

PS3 is gonna suck. You won't be able to trade/sell/rent games. I heard once you place the disc into your PS3, you can only play it on that console and no one elses. They're trying to stop bootleg games. </offtopic>

you can rent games for the ps3 that was just a rumor thats all,just so you know
gamertag:kinnikumask

#62 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 05:18 AM

VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE

a 3rd movie has been added, much longer than the previous ones, it shows some cutscenes from the 7 devil chojins storymode and some of nise as well, checkmate, eskara and comrade turbisnky are in the game, this is a great news to me, if they added ricardo they could pitch in the finals of the nisei chojin crown storymode, the video also shows the exact amount of the characters available as well as the unlockable, I just placed my order on liksang, can't wait 4 this game

What you should do is record the cutscenes and attacks, then upload 'em to show 'em to the unfortunates who can't get the game.

Five manga only points in the game I noticed: Bibimba in the cutscenes (she only made two minor appearances in the anime), the names "Wolfman" & "Apache War Cry" weren't used in the anime, the Demon Seed stage from Nisei and Terry the Kid's Tag Team suit from the current story.

#63 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 09:00 AM

this is what wikipedia says about the game

Kinnikuman Muscle Grand Prix MAX (PS2, July 27, 2006)

* Characters: Kinnikuman, Terryman/Kinnikuman Great II, Ramenman/Mongolman, Robin Mask, Warsman/Chloe, Brocken Jr., Wolfman, Geronimo, Pentagon, Benkiman, Mantarou, Terry the Kid, Kevin Mask, Jade, Checkmate, Scarface, Ilyuhin, Buffaloman, Mister Kamen, Springman, SteCase King, Black Hole, The Mountain, Atlantis, Akuma Shogun, Ashuraman, Sunshine, The Ninja, Junkman, Planetman, Sneagator
        * Storymode Appearances: Meat, Mayumi, Harabote, Bibimba.
        * Special: People who order the game recieve a Meat-kun bank.

The same as Muscle Grand Prix but with additional playable characters. Also contains a Tournament Mode in which between match animations differ depending on which Choujin you choose and who your opponents are. Contains story mode that covers the Seven Devil Choujins and Golden Mask arcs.

wikipedia knew about the golden mask story and its characters even before they were mentioned on the website, it seems that the guy who's writing about the game on wikipedia knows all the news in advance, or he might be someone who's working on the main site as well, last night I read wikipedia and I saw an update, the names "mr kamen, checkmate, eskara, cmrade turbinsky" never appeared since then, then I checked again the main site and a video showing all these characters (except mr kamen) are shown in the video. It's a good source

What you should do is record the cutscenes and attacks, then upload 'em to show 'em to the unfortunates who can't get the game.

will do :woot:

judging by the "select character menu" there are gonna be 34 characters in all, therefore we haven't seen all the characters yet, 3 more characters should be added, hopefully hydrazoe roadrage and ricardo.

the Demon Seed stage from Nisei and Terry the Kid's Tag Team suit from the current story.

what is this? is it in the manga only? I'm askin' cuz I don't remember watching such a story in the anime

Edited by buffaloman, 18 July 2006 - 09:07 AM.

#64 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 09:53 AM

the Demon Seed stage from Nisei and Terry the Kid's Tag Team suit from the current story.

what is this? is it in the manga only? I'm askin' cuz I don't remember watching such a story in the anime

The Demon Seed story arc happened after Mantaro's and Kevin Mask's fight (in-which Kevin won). The anime was cancelled/stopped there. Then there was a back story for Robin Mask and now the Tag Team Tournament in the past, where Terry tags with Robin while wearing the Stars & Stripes clothes.
The Demon Womb is the name of the stage where they try to revive Akuma Shogun into Meat's body (brocken to pieces again) and where Kevin Mask beats Voltman (then dies) and Mantaro fights a youthful Ashuraman (Where the Muscle Gravity was introduced. By the time it was shown in the final anime cartoon, Mantaro was training to perfect that move before the fight).

#65 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:00 AM

The Demon Seed story arc happened after Mantaro's and Kevin Mask's fight (in-which Kevin won). The anime was cancelled/stopped there. Then there was a back story for Robin Mask and now the Tag Team Tournament in the past, where Terry tags with Robin while wearing the Stars & Stripes clothes.
The Demon Womb is the name of the stage where they try to revive Akuma Shogun into Meat's body (brocken to pieces again) and where Kevin Mask beats Voltman (then dies) and Mantaro fights a youthful Ashuraman (Where the Muscle Gravity was introduced. By the time it was shown in the final anime cartoon, Mantaro was training to perfect that move before the fight).

I see, but according to this new video the nisei characters are, mantaro, kevin mask, jeagar, terry kenion, checkmate, eskara and comrade turbinsky, and they are shown all together like there was a storymode covering these characters, what storymode could it be? if there'd been ricardo instead of eskara it woulda been the finals of the chojin crown, but eskara among these nisei characters looks like an intruder, so does checkmate

Edited by buffaloman, 18 July 2006 - 10:01 AM.

#66 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:45 AM

Scar Face and Illyukhein join Mantaro during the Demon Seed story (along with Kevin Mask, Barrier-Free Man and Hanzo) as they turned good after their fights with Mantaro and when Meat saves Illyokhein. Illyo fought against one guy and died after winning the match (Evil Choujin always try to take Seigi Choujin down with them), Scar Face also died when tagged with Kevin the first time against Voltman and Ashuraman. All five were revived in the end. In the Tag Team, Illyu and Barrier lost in the Battle Royal preliminaries and Scar Face is tagged with Jade, who both yet to fight Seiuchin and Neptuneman. *phew! lots a typing today!* I'm the kind of guy that's always lookin' for info and stuff.

Edited by Frobman, 24 July 2006 - 04:46 AM.

#67 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 11:29 AM

Scar Face and Illyokhein join Mantaro during the Demon Seed story (along with Kevin Mask, Barrier-Free Man and Hanzo) as they turned good after their fights with Mantaro and when Meat saves Illyokhein. Illyo fought against one guy and died after winning the match (Evil Choujin always try to take Seigi Choujin down with them), Scar Face also died when tagged with Kevin the first time against Voltman and Ashuraman. All five were revived in the end. In the Tag Team, Illyo and Barrier lost in the Battle Royal preliminaries and Scar Face is tagged with Jade, who both yet to fight Sueichin and Neptuneman. *phew! lots a typing today!* I'm the kind of guy that's always lookin' for info and stuff.

so this is what happens after the anime which stops after the match mantaro vs kevin mask, ok, I didn't know cuz all I've seen so far is the anime thanks for the info :woot:

I've sent you a PM about the stream video, is it choppy in ur PC? I'm having trouble with all sort of stream video darn it.

EDIT: for those who have trouble watching the video I put it on youtube

Edited by buffaloman, 18 July 2006 - 01:44 PM.

#68 WarOmnimon

WarOmnimon

King Exkaiser Haro!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 12:43 PM

Holy shnikies!

After watching that movie, I want to play the game much more now. I'm ordering it, no one will stop me. :mcmadd:
Current Avatar Harobot King Exkaiser
AKA The Daikaiju Battle Guy

#69 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 12:45 PM

Holy shnikies!

After watching that movie, I want to play the game much more now. I'm ordering it, no one will stop me. :mcmadd:

just what've done, I ordered it from liksang with free delivery, I hope they will send me the meat figure as well

#70 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:Brains

Posted 19 July 2006 - 12:52 PM

You likely won't get the Meat bank thing. When I preordered the psp game, I emailed around to all the places I could find, but none of them were including the belt keychain for Americans, though xxxxxxx did end up selling it for like an extra 7 dollars or something after the preorders were sent out :mcmadd:

#71 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 12:58 PM

You likely won't get the Meat bank thing. When I preordered the psp game, I emailed around to all the places I could find, but none of them were including the belt keychain for Americans, though xxxxxxx did end up selling it for like an extra 7 dollars or something after the preorders were sent out :mcmadd:

I mailed liksang with the meat bank's picture attached, let's see if they know something about it, anyway none of the major import games online stores mention the meat figure as a preorder gift, nor does xxxxxxx, I wonder where I'm supposed to buy the game in order to get it, if only someone was able to translate the japanese caption on the site. :(

#72 kinnikumask

kinnikumask

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:wrestling

Posted 21 July 2006 - 04:03 PM

i just took a look at the video and at some part at the end it shows Akuma shogun countering the kinniku driver so i asume theres a countering system?
gamertag:kinnikumask

#73 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:38 PM

i just took a look at the video and at some part at the end it shows Akuma shogun countering the kinniku driver so i asume theres a countering system?

could be, in both galactic wrestling and legends vs gen2 you could counter a grapple normal move, here it looks like you can also counter a special move cuz suguro is clearly performing a kinniku driver in the video whille shogun counters it.

by the way what do you guys think of the gameplay? as I already said the game looks a lot more tekkenish than wrestling, the life gauge drops very quickly if you're hit (let alone if you're hit by a special move) that means a match could last 10 secs, this is bad in my opinion.

Another issue is the camera angles, I still don't get how it works, according to arcade game system section you still can walk around your opponent but the camera keeps following you like it was a fixed camera, judging by the various videos it feels like the 2 opponents fight on a fixed line preventing you from moving freely around the mat, and it changes automatically depending on the move you're performing, it's unclear how it works, tho if you move the joystick up the characters doesn't jump, nor it ducks if you move it down, so I just hope what I've seen so far are just camera tricks and you can move around the mat freely like in smackdown and similars, I hope you know what I mean, let me know what you guys think of it, you probably have a better eye than I do.

#74 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:31 AM

When I was checking the Japanese Wikipedia page for the game, it lists Kinniku Ataru/Soldier as one of the characters. There's also something that was in V-Jump that states that the 33rd character is someone from Kinnikuman Nisei (but was a Sillouhette).

#75 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:10 AM

When I was checking the Japanese Wikipedia page for the game, it lists Kinniku Ataru/Soldier as one of the characters. There's also something that was in V-Jump that states that the 33rd character is someone from Kinnikuman Nisei (but was a Sillouhette).

isn't it recognizable from the silhouette? does the japanese page mention any other character not listed on the site?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com