• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#1 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

Nezumi-Otoko for President!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts (Jeet Kune Do, Tai Chi, Aikido), manga and anime, drawing mangas, Kurosawa Akira and Woody Allen and Stanley Kubrick films, Japanese food and culture, breathing, Mystery Science Theater 3000, political humor, voice actors, flying by farting, wrestling, and the music of Frank Zappa

Posted 05 January 2007 - 06:52 AM

Mayumi: Suguru!! You've been approved to be the next King of Planet Kinniku!!
Kinnikuman: R-Really, Papa!!?
God of Intelligence: With his Kajiba no Kuso Djikara Kinnikuman's Choujin Strength can exceed 70,000,000.
God of Technique: What!?
God of Brutality: Impossible!!
Mama: In order to choose the true successor, you will gather teams and face one another at the chosen locations.
Kinnikuman: Kinniku Driver!!
Mammothman: PAROOOOO!!
Big Body: Wh... what the...!?
Super Phoenix: One of the Kinniku Clan's 3 Great Techniques... Muscle Revenger!!
Mixer Taite: I have taken Kinnikuman's Kajiba no Kuso Djikara and sealed it away!! Ha~Ha~Ha~!!
Kinnikuman: Terry... Robin...
Robin Mask: Robin Special!!
Announcer: O~to! Kinnikuman Soldier's Team consits of friends and rivals of Kinnikuman!!
Satan Cross: Rising Technique Triangle Dreamer!!
Ashuraman: Ashura Lightning Strike!!
Robin Mask: Warsman!!
Warsman: Wars Leg Breaker!!
Terryman: R... Ramenman...?
Ramenman: Kowloon Wall Drop!!
Zebra and Parthenon: Canvas Presser!!
Kinnikuman: Face Flash!!
Zebra: Muscle Inferno!!
Kinnikuman: Muscle Spark!!
Prisman: Kyo~Kyo-kyo-kyo!!
Brocken Jr.: Bremen Sunset!!
Buffaloman: Choujin Cross Slam!!
Super Phoenix: Mammothman... burn the page.
Mammothman: Yes, Phoenix-sama.
Ataru: UGWAUGH!!
Kinnikuman: Nii-san!!
Announcer: Who will win the finals in Osaka!?
Meat: Whichever is the imposter, he is suffering from a deadly heart disease.
Bibinba: Suguru-sama!!
Kinnikuman: Bibinba~!!
The Omegaman: Ho~Ho-ho!
Geronimo: U-RA-RA!!
Prisman: Rainbow Shower!!
Ramenman: The 102 Choujin Attacks...
Neptuneman: Kinnikuman, I am the Sasaki Kojirou to your Miyamoto Musashi...
Super Phoenix: Lies!! All of it!! I AM the true prince!!
Kinnikuman: Ka~ji~ba~ no~... Kkkuso~ Djikara!!!!
Announcer: Kinnikuman... Muscle Grand Prix MAX II!!

So far, all we know is that the Survivor Match for the Planet Kinniku Throne is going to be covered, nothing yet about the Dream Choujin Tag tournament.

Official site... though nothing's there but and ad right now
Currently Reading: One Piece, Hajime no Ippo, Detective Conan, Toriko, Beelzebub, Bakuman., Nurarihyon no Mago, Kyoukai no Rinne, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, GTO: Shonan 14 Days, Naruto, Bleach, Mysterious Girlfriend X, Rurouni Kenshin, Shamo, Real, BØY, and (whenever I can) KochiKame
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010
"Washi ga Otokojuku jukuchou... Edajima Heihachi de aru!!!!!"

#2 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:38 AM

Hoorah!!! A new sequel! Though I never got the first game at all, nor seen story mode cutscenes.

Although, I would've thought the next game would cover the Chojin Dream Tag Team Tournament, which is my favourite story, but it might be included.
I think they might include all the teams except for Big Body's team, who all died against Mammothman with reletive ease. Meat might be playable! More costumes regarding Kinnikuman's (normal shorts, Chojin suit, Tag Team tank top?, Kin Shirt, Armour from Satan Cross battle?) and Ramenman's (Normal, Mongolman, Dragon Shirt).

Possible characters-

[Tag Team if availiable]
-Prince Kamehame/ Kinnikuman Great I.
-Screw Kid.
-Kendaman.
-Neptuneman/Kenkaman/The Samurai.
-Big the Budo/ Neptune King.

[Survivor Match for the Kinniku Throne]
-Super Phoenix [definite]
-Mariposa [definite]
-Big Body [definite]
-Zebra [definite]
-Mammothman.
-Satan Cross.
-Prisim Man.
-The Omegaman.
-Hawkman.
-Mr. VTR.
-Mixer Taitou.
-King 100 Ton.
-The Manriki.
-Motorman? Barely did much.
-Bikeman.
-Partheon? Barely did much, I think.

There might be some characters from the last game gone, like most of the Akuma Chojins, or they'll all be added. Some Nisei characters might be added too.

#3 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts (Jeet Kune Do, Tai Chi, Aikido), manga and anime, drawing mangas, Kurosawa Akira and Woody Allen and Stanley Kubrick films, Japanese food and culture, breathing, Mystery Science Theater 3000, political humor, voice actors, flying by farting, wrestling, and the music of Frank Zappa

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:20 AM

This is the most likely (in my opinion) roster for this game:

TEAM KINNIKUMAN
Kinnikuman (I won't need the push of my farts!)
Neptuneman (Ichi-Ban!!)
Robin Mask (The games end here!)
Geronimo (U-RA-RA!!)
Ramenman (The 102 Choujin Attacks...)
Warsman (Ko~Ho~)
Terryman (To speak ill of my fallen comrades is unforgivable!)

TEAM PHOENIX
Kinnikuman Super Phoenix (I AM the true Planet Kinniku Prince!!)
The Omegaman (I am called the Choujin Hunter.)
Mammothman (PAROOO!!)
Prisman (Kyo~Kyo-kyo-kyo)
Satan Cross (You wouldn't hit your master would you, Ashuraman?)

TEAM SOLDIER
Kinniku Ataru (True Friendship Power!)
Buffaloman (10 Million Power!)
Brocken Jr. (I will carry out the mission without fail!)
Ashuraman (Ka~Ka-ka-ka)
The Ninja (My ninjitsu is not to be taken lightly.)

TEAM ZEBRA
Kinnikuman Zebra
Parthenon
Bikeman
Motorman
The Manriki

TEAM MARIPOSA
Kinnikuman Mariposa
King the 100 Ton
Mixer Taite
Mr. VTR
The Hawkman

OTHER
Kinnikuman Big Body
Prince Kamehame
Alexandria Meat

Possible secret characters would be Wolfman, Jesse Maivia (huge maybe here), Akuma Shougun, Big the Budou, and Sunshine. Also, Tag Team matches are crucial to the Survivor Match story, so we will prob'ly have tag matches in the this game, maybe even Six-Man Tags.

TAG TEAMS
The Machineguns (Kinnikuman & Terryman)
Muscle Brothers (Kinnikuman & Kamehame)
Ganryuu Island Combo (Kinnikuman & Neptuneman)
Blue Impulse (Kinnikuman & Robin Mask)
Team Zebra (Zebra & Parthenon)
Team Soldier (Kinniku Ataru, Brocken Jr., Buffaloman)
Team Phoenix A (Super Phoenix, Mammothman, Prisman)
Team Phoenix B (Super Phoenix, The Omegaman, Mammothman)
20 Million Powers (Ramenman & Buffaloman)
Choujin Master/Student Combo (Robin Mask & Warsman)
New Machineguns ( Terryman & Geronimo)
Tegatana'rs (Brocken Jr. & Geronimo)
(the following are only if above-mentioned secret characters appear)
Hell Missionaries (Neptuneman & Big the Budou)
Stray Akuma Choujin Combo (Ashuraman & Sunshine)
Most Dangerous Combo (Brocken Jr. & Wolfman)

The amount of Nisei characters (if any) will prob'ly be reduced due to there being so many characters involved in this story, so we might just have Kinniku Mantarou, Kevin Mask, Terry the Kid, Jade, and maybe Chaos, Scarface, and Seiuchin. This will create new tag teams as well.

NISEI TAG TEAMS
Muscle Brothers Nouveau (Mantarou & Chaos)
Hell Expansions (Seiuchin & Neptuneman)
The Adrenalins (Terry the Kid & Robin Mask)
Super Trinities (Jade & Scarface)
The Bo-chans (Mantarou & Kevin Mask)
Blood Evolutions (Kevin Mask & Scarface)
Currently Reading: One Piece, Hajime no Ippo, Detective Conan, Toriko, Beelzebub, Bakuman., Nurarihyon no Mago, Kyoukai no Rinne, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, GTO: Shonan 14 Days, Naruto, Bleach, Mysterious Girlfriend X, Rurouni Kenshin, Shamo, Real, BØY, and (whenever I can) KochiKame
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010

#4 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:42 AM

A fun fact that came to me. Actors who were present in the last game and in the first series should be able to reprise thier roles in the Survivor Match stories unlike with the anime series. Akira Kamiya [Kinnikuman] & Minori Matsumisha [Meat] were from the only actors I know who reprised thier roles in the Survivor Match series. I'm mostly refering to Hideyuki Tanaka [Terryman], Daisuke Gouri [Robin Mask, Ashuraman] & Hideyuki Hori [Warsman] who were in the last game still doing thier roles.

Anywho, will this be only on PS2 & the arcades, or will it be on other consoles?

#5 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:53 PM

Yeah, I know! It'll be great to hear Gouri play Robin during this story instead of Michihiro Ikemizu. Ikemizu was great as Super Phoenix, Onsen-Mark, and Isao Ohta, but he was a sh!tty Robin Mask. Although, I do hope he reprises the role of Super Phoenix, like Shigeru Chiba did with Ataru in the last game. Minori Matsushima, on the other hand, has not played Meat since the Nisei anime began, so her returning is highly unlikely.

There were two other voice actors who returned for the Survivor Series anime: Masaharu Satou (Buffaloman, Iwao, Sunshine) and Ryouichi Tanaka (Jesse Maivia, Mister Khamen). In the Survivor Match anime, Satou played Kinniku-Daiou, Mammothman, Mariposa, Parthenon, and The Manriki; Tanaka played Prisman (Ramenman fight only). Both returned for the last game, so the chances of them reprising their roles are very high. Also, since Issei Futamata (Kinkotsuman, Benkiman, SteCase King, Sneagator) also returned for the last game, maybe he'll make a contribution to the game.

I also hope someone other than Mahito Ohba plays Geronimo. He makes him sound like a middle-aged man, which is okay for Nisei, but not the Golden Mask arc where he's supposed to be 17! In the Survivor Match anime, he was played by Nobutoshi Kanna, maybe he'll do it. And since he's been involved with the series before, a better candiate to play young Geronimo would be Toshio Furukawa, but unfortunately, that's prob'ly highly unlikely. If Kanna returns, then maybe Yukitoshi Hori (Hideyuki's older bro) will reprise the role of Neptuneman.

Sadly, although Kouji Totani was able to reprise the role of Announcer Yoshigai in the last game, his death last February will prevent him from doing so again. Ohba (who does it for Nisei) will prob'ly resume the role for this game. On that same note, Naoki Tatsuta will more than likely play Nakano-san again, which is okay with me 'cuz he's great at those kinda roles (in the Survivor Match anime he was voiced by Chiba).
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010

#6 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 03:36 PM

Oh yeah, and so far there are only plans to release it on Arcade.
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010

#7 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 02:11 AM

that's a great piece of news, are u sure it's gonna be again for PS2 and not PS3?

#8 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:07 PM

Hey All,

I am currently in Japan on vacation and found the muscle grand prix game (first one) in a local arcade, it is pretty sweet, but I totally sucked hahahaha. I got a few pics of myself playing it in the arcade though. I can not post until I get home.

Anyways, I will see what I can dig up about this new game while I am here but from what the website you posted says it is not planning to come out until summer of 2007 so might not find much.

#9 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 01:23 AM

Hey All,

I am currently in Japan on vacation and found the muscle grand prix game (first one) in a local arcade, it is pretty sweet, but I totally sucked hahahaha. I got a few pics of myself playing it in the arcade though. I can not post until I get home.

Anyways, I will see what I can dig up about this new game while I am here but from what the website you posted says it is not planning to come out until summer of 2007 so might not find much.

hopefully they'll soon announce an enhanced PS2 MAX version with more characters and extras like in the 1st one. No screenshot has been uploaded yet but I really hope it's not gonna be for PS3

#10 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:45 PM

With Kinnikuman and Ataru (since he was in the last game) being a given, the only two confirmed characters so far are Kinnikuman Super Phoenix and Kinnikuman Mariposa.

The arcade version is prob'ly going to have a smaller roster, maybe just the Idol Choujins, Neptuneman, the Five Fated Princes, and maybe Team Phoenix (oh, and possibly Mantarou and Kevin like in the first arcade).
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010

#11 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 01:37 PM

5 Bucks that the console version's intro will be Zudadan Kinnikuman, or it would include Sensation Kinnikuman if the Tag Tournament is included.

And aren't Zebra and Big Body confirmed? They're shown in that web page, along with the rest.

#12 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:12 AM

And aren't Zebra and Big Body confirmed? They're shown in that web page, along with the rest.

that pretty much confirms their appearance

#13 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:57 AM

Oh yeah, even without them being pictured there, there's no doubt they'll be in the game. You can't have a Survivor Match game without Zebra the Schizo and Big Body the Push-Over. I'm simply posting the actual confirmed characters as I find them, that's all.
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010

#14 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:32 AM

anyway I doubt it's gonna be out for Ps3, I'm pretty sure it's gonna have the same graphic engine as the 1st one.
The game will feature all the main characters for sure (suguru, robin mask, warsman, ramenman, buffaloman, brocken JR etc) of course the devil chojins will be gone along with the akuma ones to give room to new villains

#15 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 04:28 AM

No big surprise here, but Zebra and Big Body have been confirmed.
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010

#16 geniusbob

geniusbob

slacker.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, robots, humor, being an idiot.

Posted 12 January 2007 - 07:19 AM

I gotta get this. Don't care what I need to do. It would be cool to play as one of the five fated princes for once.

Is disappointed more people don't talk about me.

Questions about Muscle Fight? Downloads? Favorite Color?

Always open to talk.

#17 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 07:23 AM

yet no updates, no home port has been confirmed either, I guess we'll have to wait a little longer to find out more

#18 Marksman

Marksman

"...is as nonexistent as Terryman's eyebrows!"

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Art, Drawing, Manga, Fighting Games, Kinnikuman, One Piece, Hokuto No Ken, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Saint Seiya, Color Green, Emerald, Military Related Stuff.

Posted 12 January 2007 - 04:57 PM

Hey guys, not exactly what I had planned for my first post, but that doesn't matter. hah

I found this vid on youtube, Im pretty sure its about Muscle Grand Prix 2:

Not super quality, but its information none the less. So far this game looks awesome.
-------------------------------------
Buffaloman Doodle Process by Marksman!

Ka~Kakakakakaka

#19 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:17 PM

Whelp, I have dial-up and not nearly enough patience when it comes to computers, so I'll watch that video later on a better computer.

Anyway, check this out. We've got some screen shots of the game, particullarly Mariposa's Fake Muscle Revenger and Ataru's Naplam Stretch:

Screenshots

There's also some stuff about a Lupin III game, but I don't know anything about that.
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010

#20 geniusbob

geniusbob

slacker.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, robots, humor, being an idiot.

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:21 PM

Wow. It looks like they kept what they had and improved the fighting a bit. Still no Neptuneman though.

Is disappointed more people don't talk about me.

Questions about Muscle Fight? Downloads? Favorite Color?

Always open to talk.

#21 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:49 PM

Whelp, I have dial-up and not nearly enough patience when it comes to computers, so I'll watch that video later on a better computer.

Anyway, check this out. We've got some screen shots of the game, particullarly Mariposa's Fake Muscle Revenger and Ataru's Naplam Stretch:

Screenshots

There's also some stuff about a Lupin III game, but I don't know anything about that.

that's a bummer, I want new villains, I hope the zebra, mariposa, big body, phoenix are not the only new characters

#22 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 07:16 PM

Well, according to that video (which I actually watched most of before giving up on it), everyone from MAX will be returning for this game. Neptuneman is bound to be in this game, he was way too important to the Survivor Match storyline to be left out.
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010

#23 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 07:21 PM

Well, according to that video (which I actually watched most of before giving up on it), everyone from MAX will be returning for this game. Neptuneman is bound to be in this game, he was way too important to the Survivor Match storyline to be left out.

but there's something we've got to say (very optimistic) this is the arcade game not the max version, in the previous arcade game the evil chojins were missing along with some akuma chojins, could be that a possible max home port will feature several storymodes with different villains (with no 7 evil chojins nor the akuma ones) I personally hope so, if not the home version will be a sheer update and not a sequel

Edited by buffaloman, 12 January 2007 - 07:24 PM.

#24 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 01:09 AM

That looked cool! And Mariposa is in red now. That's new!
Also, I think they might have Mongolman and Ramenman separate, because they were listed separately, and they both had new costumes (Hooded Mongolman & Anime green shirt Ramenman).
Is Bigbody's move from the anime, cos in the manga, the fight started with Super Phoenix doing the Muscle Revenger, while the other guy did nothing at all in the series!

#25 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 07:52 AM

Okay, so on the 10th Banpresto held this sneak preview for Muscle Grand Prix 2 (as well as for that Lupin III game and a third game about Dragon Ball, Eyeshield 21, Pokemon, and Crayon Shin-chan). So, I found two (Japanese) sites with reports on this preview show and here's (basically) what they said about the game:

First of all, all of the characters from the last game (MAX) will be playable in this, as well as Characters from the Survivor Match Arc, not necessarily just the Fated Princes. One of the sites even specifically said "Unmei no Go Ouji nado" (Five Fated Princes etc.). So, be on the look out for Neptuneman, Mammothman, Omegaman, Parthenon, Bikeman, etc etc etc...

Also, the game play will be the same as the others but with some "new elements". From the looks of that video and those screenshots of Mariposa's Phony Muscle Revenger, this prob'ly means moves are easier to reverse (in other words, it doesn't have to be two specific characters against one another anymore), so you'll have to keep pressing buttons during the move to make sure each attack connects.... but that's just an estimation on my part so don't expect that to definitely be the case.

The only other thing important mentioned was that the release date is still just "Early Summer 2007".
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com