64 replies to this topic

#26 Acidonia

Acidonia

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:23 AM

I think there more interested here in the APP game than the figures I mean look its $4 just a single character in the game if you do not own the figures that's nearly the price of two real ones and all those items in it you can buy with real life money in it. I can not think of a single toy line that could be used for Phones or PC that ever lasted long most of these kind of games the toys was in stores always longer than the game was to available play.

Prefect example of this is Bakugan later series all had web codes on them for the PC game that got shut down 6 months after they launched that series yet the card backs focus on just the PC game nothing else.

Only skylanders has done the toy to video game thing well. Disney infinity had a poor start giving every figure the same moveset and still will not let you use every figure in every game mode. Amibos are next to impossible to collect if you do not want Mario or Link because they do not make enough of each figure and its mostly scalpers getting them all.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:38 PM

They have them at Target now. I have to admit they look decent.

#28 Remington

Remington

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:27 PM

I know im ready :) gonna try the game too. I've noticed that they show the next new figures on the ToysRus website now. I went ahead and checked my store but didnt see any..if anyone see's them in stores or cares, please let me know! It would help me alot.

Attached Files

Edited by Remington, 10 March 2015 - 09:33 AM.

#29 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:26 PM

I went searching for these yesterday, finally found them, and couldn't bring myself to buy any.

As one of the previous posters mentioned, these things are tiny, and in my humble opinion, not worth the asking price. I've been a huge Skylanders fan since day one, and while I don't deny the money pit that the series was always intended to be, I feel like when I pay for a Skylanders figure, I'm receiving a relatively substantial toy.

I downloaded the game and have been having fun with it. Great production value and simple to grasp. While I'd love to grab a few figures and experience the "beaming" features, I can't see myself doing so until these hit the clearance bin.

#30 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:54 PM

I guess I'm going to have to do a review after all.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#31 Defzombie

Defzombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Plastic Army men, Cowboys, Ninjas, Knights etc..

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:20 PM

Saw these at Target. Quickly passed on them. But the army guy looks cool as well as the pirate.

My blog about action figures: RetroAction Reaction

#32 Remington

Remington

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:04 PM

Just to inform all who care, I am now seeing the new ones at toysRus, I got the Five pack with the shark guy in it. :)

#33 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:11 AM

There's a god dang shark?!
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#34 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:45 PM

Here are the images of the 2nd wave 2-packs.  The animal-styled ones are the best yet.

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 17 March 2015 - 04:26 PM.

#35 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:55 PM

For anyone getting into these, here are images of the four 1st wave 2-packs, and the first three 5-packs. 

I now realize that you can avoid the 2-packs because those figures are duplicates in the 5-packs combined with the single packs. 

(Edit: not true.  You still need the Al Beebak 2-pack and the MC Mogul 2-pack.)

Some (like the zombie and the ninja) come in all 3 pack types. 

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 02 October 2015 - 12:35 AM.

#36 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:17 PM

The single packs are not "blind bags" since there are windows on the backside as big as the figure.  They are not "blind" at all -- you are able to see what figure you are getting -- so they are just simply called poly bags, window packs, or single packs.

There are 2 waves of single packs. 

Here is what the picture of each pack looks like. 

Plus two photos examples of the non-blind windows on each pack. 

Plus the contents of each wave.

Edit: Error -- Notice that each wave of single packs shows 9 figures.  Only 8 figures are available in the packs.  This was corrected with wave 3 and wave 4 single packs which only show 8 on the package artwork. 

The character that should not be on the wave 1 artwork is Samurai Swoardmaster.

The character that should not be on the wave 2 artwork is MC Mogul. 

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 01 October 2015 - 11:18 PM.

#37 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:29 PM

Finally, there are three small brick-build packs and two large brick-build packs. 

The largest pack, the Sharkinator, is a TRU exclusive. The figures in this pack are color variants of other figure (with new names).

Hopefully all of this info helps people sort which packs to buy without getting too many duplicates.

Unfortunately you will still end up with some duplicates if you are after all figures -- which will already cost around $100 at this point.

Also, here are the prices in US dollars:

1-pack = 2.50

2-pack = 5.00

5-pack = 10.00

small brick-build pack = 8.00

Power up Playset with 5 figures = 20.00

Sharkinator with 5 figures = 25.00

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 02 October 2015 - 12:36 AM.

#38 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:15 PM

By the way, their website currently shows 34 figures which does not include the 5 in the Sharkinator pack or the guy who looks like a cross between Batman and Mickey Mouse.

If there's no cease-and-desist on that one, that brings the total collection to 40 different minifigures. 

If you ever get a moment, check out the bios for each character on their website.  They are blatant in spelling out their parodies.  No subtlety whatsoever.

My favorite figures are the Mutants, but my favorite parodies by name and bio are the Robots...

1.Rusty Nuggets

More than just your average robot chicken, Rusty Nuggets is a tricky bucket of metal feathers. Don't expect cute robot chicks to burst forth if he places a metallic egg beside you. Why you ask? These eggs are deadly and will *EXPLODE* in a massive blast at the slightest touch. And if you are hungry and think to ask him for a chicken nugget or chicken finger, you will be tasting robot metal. Just get some food from the fridge, this is one bot that definitely does not taste like chicken.
Super Powers: Eggs-plosion & Robotchicken

2. Perfectimus Supreme

Stronger than steel and worth more than gold, Perfectimus Supreme is an electric infused fighter! Rumors of his origin tell of when Alex Awesome's dad, Professor I. M. Awesome, combined the power of a steamroller with the grace and handling of a golf cart to create this supremely perfect robot. Perfectimus helps rebuild Sick City by hauling bricks around the 'hoods, but if he feels threatened he is capable of releasing a huge electric explosion to blast any Goons in his way!
Super Powers: Grindizer & Chains of cosmos

3. Al Beeback

The Goons in Sick City always think there is a disco going on from the laser show put on by Al's blaster gun. No party here. Al is a futuristic fighting machine that comes from a land full of hoverboards, advanced weapons and programmed humans. With programmed tasks like eating 10 hot dogs, act like a dog, or buy a lot of toys, Al's a whole lotta fun waiting to happen.

Super Powers: Autodestruction & Exterminate

4. Scuttle Bot

Have you ever dreamed of having a robot around to clean your room, make your bed or even brush your teeth? Well now Scuttle bot is at your command! He will follow you around and do just about anything you don't want to do, as long as it's cleaning related. Some things Scuttle Bot does not do: chew food for you, do your homework or give your mom hugs….perhaps that will be a new feature in Scuttle Bot 2.0… stay tuned.
Super Powers: Wally wall & Heavy rain

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 17 March 2015 - 04:40 PM.

#39 Remington

Remington

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:25 AM

Nice this information defintially should help others, as far as I can see the only duplicate you will get is the Robot Chicken (Rusty Nuggets). I almost have everyone now.. closing down on the last few. I just acutally got the Panda (Bam Boozler) because I found them at my local Target finally, AND there cheaper then ToysRus on everything but the single packs which are the same.

Here is the order I figured out to get them all and to get the most bricks with symbol on them. (if you care about those)

(SINGLE PACKS:Tiberious Warpspeed,Harry Fangface,Ace Orbit,Hiro Thunderbutt,Bam Boozler,Finley Fishsticker,Knight Rat)
(DOUBLE PACKS:Gus Groucho+Smokey Burns,Mc Mogul+Punky Chewster,Al Beeback+Rusty Nuggets)
(FIVE PACKS:All that are out.)
(SMALL/BIG SETS:All that are out.)

Edited by Remington, 19 March 2015 - 10:33 AM.

#40 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:15 PM

Do you have the Batman parody guy?  He is supposedly in certain 1-packs and 2-packs.  I have not seen that wave anywhere.  He is also not named on the website.

Also, did you get the Sharkinator?  I haven't seen this one either.  I am curious as to what those guys are all about. They are also not featured on the website.

#41 Remington

Remington

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:43 PM

I'm missing the 2 big sets,Finley,Knight Rat,Al beeback,Mc mogul,punky chewster, I am JUST now starting to see sharkinator and the new wave at Toysrus/target. The sharkinator was more then the last big set. the last one was $19.99 the sharkinator is $24.99, but now that I know that target is a bit cheaper, Im going to get everyone BUT the 2 big sets tommorow..trying to wait for the 2 big sets to go on clearence or a sale, but I might crack and just buy them. It's weird that they show Gus Groucho and Mc Mogul on the front cover of the single packs, but I am almost certain from the multible full boxes that i've found they are NOT, the only way is with the 2 packs.

Also I never mentioned for those who havnt tried the game or are curious, it's actually alot of fun! I've been playing it non stop. there is ALOT to unlock and do, yes..it does get repetitive at times, but what game doesnt.

Edited by Remington, 19 March 2015 - 06:53 PM.

#42 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:10 PM

Is the Batman/Mickey Mouse guy called Knight Rat?  He is not on the website.  I am thinking possibly there was a cease-and-desist from DC.  A couple years ago, DC shut down the Batman parody Tech Deck Dude (also by Spin Master) called "Adam" (as in Adam West) -- photos of this figure are on the web.

By the way, where are you seeing them at Target?  I can't find them in two different Targets.  I have looked in regular toys, brick toys, next to Skylanders, and in the Easter section.  Also, at TRU I have only found 1-packs, 2-packs, and 5-packs from the first wave.  None of the brick-builds at all, and none of the 2nd wave.

Edited by steverotters, 01 October 2015 - 10:37 PM.

#43 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:57 PM

Holy shit there is so many that I haven't seen in stores yet. Definitely need that shark guy and perfectimus. I've seen that five pack with the purple monster, but I don't want the others so it isn't easy to justify.

My kid has the ninja and the vampire. I have the werewolf and the vehicle pack with the mech and purple monster.

The figures have grown on me, but the brick quality for the larger things like the vehicles is worse than mega bloks.
<p> </p>
<p>

#44 Remington

Remington

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:14 PM

Yes I now have Knight Rat he is still out as far as I know, they are in the toys section on a end cap (might not be good for them)They also had this electronic screen thing that you could push 3 buttons and it would talk about them. I thought they would have been next to skylanders and such like toysRus, They didnt have any older single packs but only the newer ones. ToysRus only had the newer 5 pack so its basically the same here..seems like Target is the choice for the newer ones.

I didnt really like the smaller sets either..there's not much to them, but alas I had to buy them as I do really want to get them all if possible. The alien is so cool and so far in the App game that comes out, he's a beast! he can assassignate monsters so fast with his Alien egg and Poison pool :)

#45 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:36 PM

I picked up the two pack that has the robotic chicken in it, today... And I only got that, because it reminded me so much of Bad Bird from Samurai Pizza Cats.

The brick quality on these absolutely blows, but the sculpts are fun. I might pick up a pack with a ninja in it, just to mod up my Bad Bird, but beyond that, I can't see buying any more of these.

#46 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:22 PM

I finally went out of my way to check a third Target, this one a "Super Target."  They had the SickBricks on an endcap with the video display.  However, they had the exact same wave of figures that my local TRU has -- first wave: 1-, 2-, and 5-packs.   I noticed that the video pretty much says "GET SUCKED... into the game." There is a heavy emphasis on "Get Sucked."  I might go a different direction with these. I don't know, I haven't committed to it yet. I am still baffled that they only have one arm.  :o

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 23 March 2015 - 09:01 PM.

#47 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:22 AM

Steve, they don't have one arm. There are details on both sides that clearly depicts arms. They just come with accessories that plug into the arm holes.
<p> </p>
<p>

#48 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:30 PM

Steve, they don't have one arm. There are details on both sides that clearly depicts arms. They just come with accessories that plug into the arm holes.

Details of the upper-arm, maybe. But the arm-piece is clearly a lower-arm plus accessory.  So where is this invisible arm going that you see, inside the hole in it's body?  Maybe you are just kidding -- pulling my arm.  hahahahaha

Edited by steverotters, 24 March 2015 - 07:41 PM.

#49 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:29 PM

The zombie horde grows...

Attached Files

#50 Remington

Remington

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:37 PM

haha thats awesome, zombie pyramid. I see you really like the Rotten Walker, I'm now wondering when the next guys are coming out like the ninaja turtle or the shredder looking guy!

Edited by Remington, 31 March 2015 - 07:38 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spin master, lego, kre-o, mega bloks, block, brick, rotten walker

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com