Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Exclusive Limited Edition Gumball

Beastformers Project Eric Nilla Peter Hernandez Gumball Limited Edition Release Penguin

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

Friends and fellow collectors,

I've been testing your patience but I can now finally reveal the Penguin Project!

Thanks to Eric Nilla for molding and casting and Peter Hernandez for the Sketch used in the artwork and header.

A limited group of people out here knew about this Gumball Penguin project and my idea behind it but like I hoped everything was kept and shared in secret behind the scene.

For more info and photo's related to this project I'd like to ask you to visit my blog: Beastformers.wordpress.com

Here are some first shots of the Penguin Gumball;

Attached File  EGP Penguin 1.jpg   93.68K   14 downloadsAttached File  EGP Penguin 2.jpg   96.85K   20 downloadsAttached File  EGP Penguin 3.jpg   129.98K   15 downloads

In total 15 of these Gumballs were made and ONLY 8 will be available for sale.

On the Order Flyer below you can find instructions on how to order your own Gumball.

All funds gained from this project will be invested in another upcomming Battle Beasts project as this turned out to be a great 'test'.

Thanks for all the support and a huge thanks to Mr. Nilla who has delivered again a high quality figure!

GJ

gumball-penguin-order-flyer.jpg

Edited by GJNL, 16 October 2013 - 03:18 PM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#2 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

Is there a reason these are $13 more than the other Eric Nilla gumballs?

#3 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

Its his project, and had to pay  to get these made. So he as to charge more to make some money back. 

Also, II wont be releasing this one.

Edited by Ericnilla, 16 October 2013 - 02:39 PM.

#4 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

Is there a reason these are $13 more than the other Eric Nilla gumballs?

The original idea wasn't based on selling them but since some other plans came along during the process of over a year in which these were made and the people who I told about it were interested and asked if I was planning to release them. So in the end I decided to offer just a few for sale so I can use the funds again for a new project to bring to this board. Due to the time it all took and the fact I've had some extra shipping costs prices are the way they are. Eric might be selling some in the future for another price but like he mentioned this release is an exclusive one so future releases wont have a purple weapon included.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#5 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

Its his project, and had to pay  to get these made. So he as to charge more to make some money back. 

Also, II wont be releasing this one.

Yeah, I get that. It's just unfortunate is all.

When Nama Niku does a kitbash and you cast it, I go straight to the source. Here...

#6 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

I mean, the guy invested in a project and would like to make his money back. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Don't harass the guy, because you don't like the price.

#7 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

What Iron said.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#8 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

I mean, the guy invested in a project and would like to make his money back. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Don't harass the guy, because you don't like the price.

What Iron said.

Thanks guys, much appreciated! 

Its Coelocanths opinion so I've to respect that and of course is MUCH more expensive than the previous Gumball projects Eric has done and released by himself, since I commissioned him to do this that's not so strange but as a side not it might also be good to mention (although this could've been found on the blog as well) that the Penguin being the smallest BB has some pretty delicate parts to cast which means its much more a precission job than the previous ones he did and beside that I requested him top quality so every single Penguin delivered from the 15 is almost as perfectly as they can be. The normal Gumballs Eric released also contained a white weapon which was casted together with the figures at the same time and since these Penguins have their own Purple weapon another separate mold had to be made an they had to be casted aside from the figs due to the other color. So in the end it would even for Eric have been almost impossible to list them according to his previous prices, just as a side note........ and than were not even talking about the time it all took Eric to deliver this high quality Penguin.

You don't have to buy one, like mentioned above, I just shared it out here so everyone has a fair chance to pick one up now because they are limited and will not be produced in this setting anymore.

Thanks for all the support so far!  

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#9 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

And one could always invest their own time, money, and skill to make it themselves if they have a problem with pricing.

#10 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Did I miss something? How does asking a question about the price become harassment?

#11 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

Did I miss something? How does asking a question about the price become harassment?

Yeah, his other tit for tat, passive aggressive behaviour.

aaaaaand I just added myself to the asshole list.

#12 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

Now Available in the Beastformers Gallery:

http://beastformers....ss.com/gallery/

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#13 sanjeev

sanjeev

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

Wow...take a few days off from the board, and look what I miss!

This is awesome, GJ! Congrats on getting this project off the ground. I sincerely hope the figures come out exactly the way you envision them. I know you're a perfectionist! ;)

And, of course, I hope this leads to more figures down the road...

--
Sanjeev

instagram

blog

#14 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

Wow...take a few days off from the board, and look what I miss!

This is awesome, GJ! Congrats on getting this project off the ground. I sincerely hope the figures come out exactly the way you envision them. I know you're a perfectionist! ;)

And, of course, I hope this leads to more figures down the road...

Thnx for the kind words sanjeev!  

The figures came out even better than I'd hoped for and it was worth the whole process of stalking and pushing Mr. Nilla to drive him crazy enough to get the best out of it. Of course that took a while but it worked out ;)

This was a good repetition let's say for upcomming projects although its still a loooooong road ahead for the plans I've in mind, as you know :notme:

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#15 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

Penguins look like they turned out nicely, as could be expected from Eric.

Something I was wondering though, when you refer to "Beastformers" in your flyer/website, who/what exactly are you referring to? I also saw this on the "authentication" graphic you've been using. I  noticed you use "we" when referring to this, so I'm curious if you've started some sort of local collector's group in NL that are working with you on this? Or are you speaking in third person? 

#16 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

Penguins look like they turned out nicely, as could be expected from Eric.

Something I was wondering though, when you refer to "Beastformers" in your flyer/website, who/what exactly are you referring to? I also saw this on the "authentication" graphic you've been using. I  noticed you use "we" when referring to this, so I'm curious if you've started some sort of local collector's group in NL that are working with you on this? Or are you speaking in third person? 

For me the term Beastformers is covering all the lines we know; Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts and the Beast Saga lines as well as all the specific country related ones like the Spanish Bestias de Combate and the Greek Tepato Maxoi. BUT only lines related to Takara, Hasbro, TomyTakara. Due to the amount of knock off lines that have been and are showing up more and more its important to protect the original lines to prevent mistakes or mix-ups. For me the Canadian Warmonster, the Mexican beasts and the Russian BB that seem to become more and more present these days are knock off lines so the authentication mark is something I decided to launch via my blog to cover and secure the authenticity of the original vintage pieces. Also as a statement against reproduction. Its up to everyone to decide what to do with it but my thoughts and ideas are clearly explained in the past.  

The 'we' is me and all the beasts out here, LOL. No, me together with the group of people and connections I've around that help me to search and locate certain items and to have the condition of the beasts checked to make sure they are genuine and authentic items. Which might sound a bit paranoid but we all know what prices are paid for certain items so in case I sell or trade something its not more than fair these things have been checked properly. 

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#17 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1853 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:55 PM

The Little Nilla Gumball Penguin still remains a little piece of Art;

15083997981_8269b6b632_z.jpg

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beastformers Project, Eric Nilla, Peter Hernandez, Gumball, Limited Edition, Release, Penguin

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com