• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:20 PM

Hiya Folks,

Haven't posted anything on here for like ages now, and wanted to let you know how I'm getting on with my quest.

This is what I got earlier this year (around September I think). Attached File  009.JPG   175.71K   21 downloads

It's a Honey Nut Loops promo from way way back in 1992. Funnily enough, I recall very little about this particular one yet I can remember other stuff from around that same time. Maybe I wasn't a big fan of the cereal back then, who knows. But because I only had The Phantom twice in the same colour, nothing about the other figures featured ring any bells with me at all for some strange reason.

This promo from Frosties was probably more popular back in the day (which I believe you've seen before) but I'll show again anyway. Attached File  008.JPG   162.17K   23 downloads

As for the other cereal goods I've acquired over the past couple of years, these are obviously non-MIMP related but I feel are still relevant nonetheless.

Attached File  007.JPG   162.51K   16 downloadsAttached File  006.JPG   167.54K   10 downloadsAttached File  005.JPG   57.89K   10 downloads

In light of these latest achievements of mine, I'm keen to hear other collector's stories about what they remember.

Thanks once again for letting me share my pics,

"Ant"

#2 Edmasta

Edmasta

#Battlebeastsbattleground

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:80年代 ホラー
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:14 PM

I can't remember that Mini Boglin promo and I was a huge Mini Boglin collector??
I remember the MIMP one had quite a few out of the cereal.

Great stuff though love seeing pics of those old cereal promos I was always a fan of cereal gifts.

bbb3.jpg

#3 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:20 AM

I can't remember that Mini Boglin promo and I was a huge Mini Boglin collector??
I remember the MIMP one had quite a few out of the cereal.

Great stuff though love seeing pics of those old cereal promos I was always a fan of cereal gifts.

Thanks Edmasta, glad you like these. If you weren't aware of the boglins promo, I can tell you that they came out the same year as when the new tribes were added to the larger sized mini boglins. It was also when the slime boglins first hit the toy stores. The year was 1994 and even though I was only 6 at the time I can remember all this as clear as if it were yesterday.

As for the mimps, they were most probably the more popular collectables of their day (especially with Frosties I'd imagine). And there were more MIMP promos than the ones I've got. Let's not forget the Weeto's Super Scary figure offer, or the Coco Pops Dinosaurs send-away offer. So yeah, I'd say the UK in particular had all the best deals when it came to free cereal gifts.

Anyone else recall what they got inside their cereal packets? If so please share your stories with us all.  :thanks:

#4 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Series 1 MIMP, Trash Bag Bunch, Vintage StarWars, Batman, Ghostbusters, Bootlegs, Obscure toys, Movie figures, Horror, 80's/90's toys, MMA, Rock/Metal, original film posters/promo's, Book Collecting, DVD/Blu collecting.

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:29 PM

Honey nut Loops cereal is where I got my first MIMP figures as a child, from those I traded up in the playground for all sorts of amazing things like red kraken & ng Hobgoblin, lol. I remember being sick to death of Charon & Mummy figures I kept getting out of the cereal though!
I also remember getting figures from the other cereal promotions mentioned too.

#5 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:12 PM

Honey nut Loops cereal is where I got my first MIMP figures as a child, from those I traded up in the playground for all sorts of amazing things like red kraken & ng Hobgoblin, lol. I remember being sick to death of Charon & Mummy figures I kept getting out of the cereal though!
I also remember getting figures from the other cereal promotions mentioned too.

Yeah, I can totally relate to what you're saying 1313. I recall swapping the odd MIMP or two in the school playground. Pretty sure I once swapped a Green Nuckelavee for a standard Red Winged Panther. Or maybe it was t'other way round, who knows, it was so long ago. Ah the memories! :p

Although there was more selection free inside Frosties (sixteen in total) I certainly never completed the set and soon became tired of getting Loch Ness Monsters! <_<

There was even a time when I tried to paint up one of my Yellow Lamia's from Weeto's cereal. Used some dark green paint for the hair, but because I was only 4 or 5, it was very sloppy paint-work. And I also had no red paint for the face, in the end it looked absolutely nowt like the original version as you can imagine! :rolleyes:

That's another thing that annoyed me about that promo. There were 10 Super Scary to collect, but what you saw on the back of packet was literally what you got. All hundred-pointers were either G.I.T.D Green or Mono-Green. If you were extremely lucky, a Red Astaroth. To be fair there were fully painted versions too, but no varying colours of the same figure like you would get in the boxed sets in toy shops.

In case anybody's forgotten which figures were included, here's the ad I found on YouTube a couple of years ago. Enjoy! :D

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com