1 reply to this topic

#1 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:52 AM

PvZ.png

Every so often, I am forced to say, "Man, I missed out!"  Plants Vs. Zombies is a really fun tower defense game, and I personally enjoyed it quite a bit.  And mini figures have been gracing shelves for a while, but I never got around to picking them up because I am a silly person who lacks forethought.  Silly, silly, silly.

PvZ-Packaged.png

For some context, the game is exactly how it sounds.  There's a zombie apocalypse, and the only way to protect your house is by planting militant vegetables to save you.  It's a lot weirder and more fun than it sounds.  As for the minis, they encompassed pretty much everything, from sunflowers to potato mines to football zombies to disco zombies and zombie dolphins and explosive mushrooms and... look, this set just has six.  Six figures for about $20, if you can find it.  Toys R Us should still have them in stock.  The figures are between two and three inches, and let's start with the plants!

PvZ-PeaShooter.png

The Pea Shooter is the most basic little defensive guy out there, diligently shooting his peas and hoping that it's enough.  In the game, he's got tons of variants, such s shooting fire or ice peas, or coming with multiple heads, or a gatling mouth, or whatnot.  But this is just the basic little guy, ready to shoot down some zombies.

PvZ-Attack.png

See?  Generally, a basic zombie will get roughly this close before going down, too.  You'll learn to double them up before too long. Remember, he's firing peas, people. How much damage could they do?

PvZ-CherryBomb.png

Unlike the pea shooters, Cherry Bombs aren't permanent plants.  You set one down, and it explodes, destroying nearby zombies, though not plants.  These are friendly explosions.  Still, those cherries definitely have anger issues.

PvZ-Bombed.png

The trick with cherry bombs - and squash, ice mushrooms, nuke mushrooms, fiery peppers, etc. is to time them.  Look for the biggest, toughest guy, and drop the bomb so it blows up right in their face.  Then go on with your life knowing that those cherries sacrificed themselves for the greater good.

PvZ-Squash.png

SQUASH!  Squash have one role.  THEY SQUASH THINGS!  You tell it where to go, and it lands, making pancakes out of zombies.

PvZ-Squashed.png

Despite being single-hit bombers, there is a difference in how squash work.  Their flattening range is smaller than a cherry bomb's blast.  Other kinds of lants work differently against various zombies, as well.  And the doom shrooms leave craters in their destructive wake.  Even in the water.  Craters in the water..

PvZ-Zombie.png

Zombies!  This is a basic zombie.  There are lots of zombies out there - with road cones on their head, protecting themselves with newspapers or screen doors, wearing football gear, disco-dancing, driving zambonis... but this is the basic one behind it all.  They shamble forward and eat any and all plants in their path.

PvZ-Scuba.png

For example, here's a scuba zombie.  Sometimes you have to defend your swimming pool, which makes the game way more complicated.  And sometimes scuba zombies come in riding on zombie dolphins, which should give you an idea of the kind of game this is.

PvZ-Yeti.png

And wrapping it up, here is a zombie yeti.  That yeti's seen things, man.  He's seen things.

PvZ-SquashGarden.png

And there you have it... there's a zombie on your lawn, and I reall need more than just six mini figures.  Somehow, somewhere, I shall assemble a proper army.  These six are a great little addiction starter pack, though, especially when you consider that virtually everything is an army builder.

PvZ-ZombiesOnYourLawn.png

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:25 AM

My kids have these plus some of the slightly larger figures that come in two packs. They are pretty good quality for Jazwares. Much better paint and more durable than Adventure Time and Regular Show minis.

We missed out on the Garden Warfare figures. My kids weren't into that game while Toys R Us had the figures, so even though they all looked cool, we didn't get them. I think they eventually went on clearance for a decent price and I still didn't buy any. Secondary market prices were pretty high on them last time I checked.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com