• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 01:20 PM

As some should already known I won some monthes ago Grek packages at auctions. I recently received a mail from the seller that I want to share with you. First I thought that I had to write an article about this but as I don't have time to do this I will post the info here. Just saw by yourself :

"One case i have,has two figures inside,plus weapons and sticks.Here,this toy
was released with success many years ago,not anymore.What is weird is that
figures are monochromatic,not multicolore.Grey,black,blue,pink,green...And
not everypart of the body different color."

Thanks to Tassos for this great information.

And as you can see (read) it seems that what we firstky thought were proto are in fact Greek Battle Beasts.

Sylvain

PS : don't forget to have a look at the picture he sent me too.

Edited by lord, 22 February 2005 - 01:22 PM.

#2 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 573 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 01:49 PM

Wow thats really amazing really great job finding that stuff out lord. I guess that kind of kills the price of my prototypes but oh well..great job lord.
Posted Image

#3 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 02:05 PM

I was amazed when I saw that photo ! But that can explain why we saw so much test shot figures some years ago. just a lot of greek figures.

Now I'm still searching for informations about another strange thing. I bought a lot from a french seller in which there was a all black elephant. the plastic is harder than the regular figures and than the greek/proto I already have. The seller told me that he had bought it in a 2 pack as he had only bought beast in toys stores in France. And there was a even number of beasts in the lot. If I found more info I will let you all know of course.

Sylvain "always searching for new infos about the line" :)

#4 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 573 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 02:17 PM

I was amazed when I saw that photo ! But that can explain why we saw so much test shot figures some years ago. just a lot of greek figures.

Now I'm still searching for informations about another strange thing. I bought a lot from a french seller in which there was a all black elephant. the plastic is harder than the regular figures and than the greek/proto I already have. The seller told me that he had bought it in a 2 pack as he had only bought beast in toys stores in France. And there was a even number of beasts in the lot. If I found more info I will let you all know of course.

Sylvain "always searching for new infos about the line" :)

Again, absolutely an amazing job on your part you really do the battle beast community a great service.

Let us know about the black elephant whenver you figure out anything about that and thanks again
Posted Image

#5 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 02:23 PM

That photo is simply AMAZING!!!

Thanks for sharing it with us and all the INFO!!!

So...time to change the price guide info Sylvain!!!

So do you own them?

Once again, GREAT JOB!!!

Something NEW is discovered all the time in the BB/LB community!!!

TGB

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 22 February 2005 - 02:27 PM.

#6 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 22 February 2005 - 03:19 PM

Checking out the photos has anybody noticed a few little quirks about these figures, like how the Pink colored Crab has his claw on his right hand and a normal left hand, or how several other characters have weapons for thier hands...?
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#7 voidsign

voidsign

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 03:41 PM

Looking at the pic it looks like they have the wrong arms (Eg, snake has frog arms). The crab looks like his are on the wrong way round (the shadow on the claw hand).

Kinda add, but a great find...
Posted Image

#8 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 07:01 PM

Looking at the pic it looks like they have the wrong arms (Eg, snake has frog arms). The crab looks like his are on the wrong way round (the shadow on the claw hand).

Kinda add, but a great find...

I think it is purely a case of some person/kid switchin' arms...

Seriously...there is a frog with the correct arms and the bull and rhino have switched arms, however, I think they are just switched...

TGB

#9 delta81

delta81

Killer Carp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 12:07 PM

First of all what a great forum! I didn't know it was out there!

Another thanks for this greek photo! I have one black swiny boar with the arms from the elephant! It was bought in italy... But this solves all my questions I guess... And I thought it was a rare piece!

#10 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 23 February 2005 - 12:35 PM

those are farking sweet arse figs! thx for sharing.

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#11 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 01:55 PM

tHATS SOME GREAT RESEARCH!!!!!!!! THANKS 4 THE PICTURE'S NOW ALL WE NEED 2 DO IS GET OR HANDS ON SOME OF THOSE NEON BATTLE BEAST!!!!!!!!!
MR-VENOM B)
Do not be afraid. If they try to harm you, I will stand in front of them.

#12 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 02:30 PM

Hi,
I need your help. I know that some of you have monchromatic figures (proto or greek ?) Could you please check this figures and compare the copyright with the one on the same regular figures ?

I noticed that the "proto/greek" bat I own has a different copyright than the regular one. And my french(?) all black elephant has a different copyright too.

Could you please tell me if the plastic is softer, the same or harder than the regular figures ? My bat is softer and my elephant is really hard compare too regular figures.

Thanks for your help,
Sylvain

#13 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 02:53 PM

Hi,
I need your help. I know that some of you have monchromatic figures (proto or greek ?) Could you please check this figures and compare the copyright with the one on the same regular figures ?

I noticed that the "proto/greek" bat I own has a different copyright than the regular one. And my french(?) all black elephant has a different copyright too.

Could you please tell me if the plastic is softer, the same or harder than the regular figures ? My bat is softer and my elephant is really hard compare too regular figures.

Thanks for your help,
Sylvain

Davefishes has SEVERAL!!!

email him.

His Ebay name is also "davesfishes."

TGB

#14 delta81

delta81

Killer Carp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 03:40 PM

My black swine boar has the takara and hasbro symbols on it. The plastic feels like the original colored one. The only diference between these two is that the black one has the marking '88 on it and the original doesn''t! Strange huh!

#15 fourth_heir

fourth_heir

halfway between Mars and Venus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:14 AM

The odd arms seem to be pretty normal - check out a silver Fox with Bat arms on Ebay UK right now...

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...5958624517&rd=1

Visit my dA gallery to see my latest fanart (it's mainly TransFormers and Doctor Who but there is a Battle Beast gallery on there!)...
fhsig2.gif

#16 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 04:59 AM

As Marty said me that he won't bid again I will go on this one. Unless someone here is really interested in. But be quick as the auction only end in a little more than 2 hours.

Sylvain

Edited by lord, 26 February 2005 - 04:59 AM.

#17 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 08:40 AM

I am sorry kids...but, now that we know these are Greek BB's or gumball machine BB's from Greece...I just don't think they are worth more than $20-$30 each...just like the Canadian Bootlegs...$46-$50 is ridiculous!

I wish Roland13 or Lord would have won him, however, NOT for that price!!! That is why I backed off early...I wouldn't pay that much for him.

TGB

#18 roland13

roland13

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 04:11 PM

I don't think they are worth more than $20 each. I wouldn't mind owning one of them, but not for $50. Especially when the seller of the greek boxes claims he has 80 of them, but will not sell or trade them?!?

Eaon

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com