#26 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:45 AM

Hoooooooly crap, that's awesome. Can't go wrong with those prices either. I'm particularly interested to see how the cards turn out and will compare to the UK versions, whether there's a difference between the US and UK releases or not. It's already interesting to hear that they're not blind-packed. I'm sure the figures themselves are unchanged, since they always look identical.

Roweiser, in Italy certain figures were distributed in such a way that you could only purchase them in certain sets, or they were exclusive to playsets or ancillary toylines (the Final Evolution figure Comet is apparently exclusive to the Gormiti Magic Egg!), but not so with Flair's distribution in the UK. You may simply have been too late to spot them single-packed, or maybe they are exclusive to four-packs in the US. We'll have to wait and see. Pictures?

Edited by Boaconda, 02 April 2008 - 09:48 AM.

#27 Roweiser

Roweiser

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:07 AM

Hoooooooly crap, that's awesome. Can't go wrong with those prices either. I'm particularly interested to see how the cards turn out and will compare to the UK versions, whether there's a difference between the US and UK releases or not. It's already interesting to hear that they're not blind-packed. I'm sure the figures themselves are unchanged, since they always look identical.

Roweiser, in Italy certain figures were distributed in such a way that you could only purchase them in certain sets, or they were exclusive to playsets or ancillary toylines (the Final Evolution figure Comet is apparently exclusive to the Gormiti Magic Egg!), but not so with Flair's distribution in the UK. You may simply have been too late to spot them single-packed, or maybe they are exclusive to four-packs in the US. We'll have to wait and see. Pictures?

I ran out and took a couple craptacular cell phone pics at the store. I don't have my cards/figs handy, but they appear to all be the same ones. The cards do have a "UK" tag in the bottom corner, as I recall.

There's a big variety of singles, most all of them, except I haven't found any of the air or water ones as singles. 4 packs have a better selection of air guys, but I didn't see a single pack with the water leader guy

Attached Files

#28 mind_domain

mind_domain

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:53 AM

wow!
the blister is totaly new!

I ran out and took a couple craptacular cell phone pics at the store. I don't have my cards/figs handy, but they appear to all be the same ones. The cards do have a "UK" tag in the bottom corner, as I recall.

There's a big variety of singles, most all of them, except I haven't found any of the air or water ones as singles. 4 packs have a better selection of air guys, but I didn't see a single pack with the water leader guy

#29 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:56 AM

Squee! I can't wait to hit Wal-Mart this Saturday! Hell, I'll probably hit every store just to be thorough.

Interesting to see that it's Playmates of all companies that will be distributing the line. It should be interesting to see if their efforts will be any different from UK and Italian figures. I may intentionally buy a duplicate just to compare figures and cards.

Edited by Boaconda, 02 April 2008 - 12:17 PM.

#30 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:42 PM

This is awesome news! I'll definitely be making the rounds this weekend!

And I have a couple of European Gormiti so I'll do a comparison when I find the US versions.

#31 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:50 PM

Well, just got back from another unsuccessful Walmart run. They must keep the Gormiti stocked right next to the Dragon Magic eggs :)
-Barry

#32 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:13 PM

Sweet! New blisters and no blind packs. That so rocks!

#33 Battle Beast

Battle Beast

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:57 PM

Yay!!! Glad they came out here! Is it just Walmart that will carry these are will other stores like TRS? Kinda sucks about the baggies being dropped, I think that makes it more appealing. Kinda looses the excitment but oh well

Sweet! New blisters and no blind packs. That so rocks!

#34 clubninja

clubninja

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:44 PM

Has anyone else had luck in finding these yet? We've hit a few Walmarts, a Target, and a couple of Toys R Us stores, but have come up empty handed.

#35 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:28 PM

Same here. Nothing at Target, Wal-Mart, or even KB Toys. :p Where's our Gormiti, and why is it as if these things don't exist at all? I think I'm gonna go sulk in the corner now, with no Gormiti to console me.

Edited by Boaconda, 05 April 2008 - 05:28 PM.

#36 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:29 PM

Nothing in Wal-Marts here. Nothing on Playmates' website. I have a call and some emails in to their sales department though. I am thinking that the AZ Wal-Mart put the Gormiti stuff out early.

#37 Battle Beast

Battle Beast

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:02 AM

Nothing in Wal-Marts here. Nothing on Playmates' website. I have a call and some emails in to their sales department though. I am thinking that the AZ Wal-Mart put the Gormiti stuff out early.

Nothing here either. Checked a couple of TRS and targets, nada, zip, zilch ;)

#38 Roweiser

Roweiser

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:21 AM

I have now seen them at 4 different Wal Marts in the area, so I'm pretty sure they'll be showing up everywhere soon.

Also, I have found air and water element guys in the 4 packs only, not singles. Also, the hidden guy in the 4 pack belongs to the same element as the odd visible one. I have only seen one four pack with the air leader, and none with the water leader. The lava ones are definitely more plentiful in the 4 packs. Singles are pretty evenly packed as far as I can tell.

TRU and Target don't have them yet here, either.

#39 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:38 AM

Gah. If I had the money for it, I'd ask if I could pick up some of them through you, just to see what the US versions are like up-close (well, the packaging really) and whet my appetite for when they appear, but I have a couple UK ones that arrive next week anyway... Still, I'm too excited about these for my own good.

If the People of the Water and especially Poivrons are so rare, I'm betting on a larger exclusive pack or that they'll come with a playset. The UK got Series 2 playsets with the Energheia Series 1 figures, so it's possible they got rearranged for the US release as well.

Edited by Boaconda, 06 April 2008 - 10:42 AM.

#40 Dr_Ackula

Dr_Ackula

Chaotic Neutral

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:horror movies, muscle, TRANSFORMERS!

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:41 AM

I know nothing about Gormiti, but out of curiosity I went searching last night at our Wal*Mart as well. I saw nothing there, and they had just put out a lot of new stuff since last week, new line of premium Transformers, newest line of GI Joe, ect.

One question for the guy that did find them and take the pictures. What are they near in the store? Your picture seems to show them beside some sort of Toy Story figure, which I haven't seen any toys of that movie in many years. Thats confusing to me, or I'm overlooking something when I go to the stores?
Posted Image

#41 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:44 AM

I can cover that part for you. Hasbro's been continuing to release Toy Story figures for some time after the movies, usually focusing on variations of Buzz and vehicles for him. However, I've only ever seen them around one or two Wal-Marts in recent memory, definitely not the one around campus. They're just not universally carried.

#42 Roweiser

Roweiser

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:59 AM

TRU Sighting!!!

TRU had a big display, and they have a different mix of figures. I found a Poivrons(water guy) pack. The mix of singles there was air/water/lava only. Wal mart had only the other three groups as singles. Looks like a smart move to get sales from both stores. I'm pretty sure now that you could get every figure as a single.

Also, a very weird new thing: blind blister boxes. These were right next to the visible blisters, and for the same price. Doesn't seem to make sense. Why buy the blind ones at all?

Four packs were $7.99 at TRU and $1.99 for singles of either type.

Edited by Roweiser, 08 April 2008 - 12:00 PM.

#43 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:08 PM

Gah, how maddening. Fingers crossed for this weekend though!

#44 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:11 PM

Man, i'm definitely gonna have to run out and check wal-mart and tru!! Of course it's only going to end in disappointment, Dayton seems to have some sort of embargo on new toys. But i will give it a shot. :lol:
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#45 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:18 PM

In what aisle did you see them in, Roweiser? I remember it took me forever to find FFoP figures because TRU and Walmart put them in the game section. :lol:

#46 Roweiser

Roweiser

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:02 PM

In what aisle did you see them in, Roweiser? I remember it took me forever to find FFoP figures because TRU and Walmart put them in the game section. :lol:

Can't miss them. They're in with the other action figures. Some WM's have the singles on one of those small cardboard end cap things though.

#47 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:53 PM

Well I'm on a trip to southeastern Pennsylvania down by the Maryland border this weekend and no luck at TRU or Wallyworld. The staggering disappointment continues :D
-Barry

#48 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:02 PM

I just went to a couple of Walmarts tonite, but no luck :woot: I'll check my local TRU sometime this week
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#49 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 05:36 AM

Arizona may be a test market. They may not show up elsewhere for a couple of months. Or next week.

#50 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:20 PM

Well folks, good news and bad news.

I just spoke with Playmates West Coast distributor (middleman wholesaler) about Gormiti, and after talking to Playmates, he said that they are not "at this time" going forward with the Gormiti line. What that basically means is that they made a few, sent them out as a test market to AZ (and possibly elsewhere), and that depending on how they do will determine the scope of the US release (if any).

I have a contact directly at Playmates, so I will contact her to verify. I would love to get these locally for the store, especially with the prices seen at Wal-Mart and TRU in AZ.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com