Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Official Gormiti US release date: Spring 2009!

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:11 AM

Playmates Toys announced in their press release that Gormiti will be released in the US in Spring of 09! Check it out below!

With sales topping over $200 million and more than 75 millions figures sold to date, Playmates Toys and Giochi Preziosi brings the latest European action figure phenomenon state side, with the world of GORMITI: THE INVINCIBLE LORDS OF NATURE. GORMITI offers boys 4+ the opportunity to collect hundreds of characters, create their own massive customized battle field, strategize with Battle Cards for enhanced game play and tap into an online world for additional information on the GORMITI story, characters and game play tips at GormitiClub.com. Each figure represents a GORMITI tribe, combining magic with the Powerful Forces of Nature. The epic Gormiti battle pits the forces of good – represented by the People of the Earth, Air, Forest and Sea – against the Evil Minions of the Magma and Lava tribes. GORMITI launches in Spring 2009 with massive TV advertising support. The introductory line will include collectible battle figures with cards, a feature driven playset and a starter set with an original animated DVD that introduces the Tribes, their leaders and their struggle to save their once peaceful island of Gorm. The product line will expand to feature additional collectible figures, playsets, and more in Fall 2009. Each figure includes a card with a code that enables collector’s to discover exclusive Tribes, characters, stories and island environments on the GormitiClub.com website. The website also offers a 3-D Island of Gorm to explore fast action flash animation games, downloads, strategy tips, character power profiles and more.

Source: Action-Figure.com

#2 bkb1777

bkb1777

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts & Laser Beasts!

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:04 AM

Woot Woot!

:o
**Live long and prosper**

#3 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:29 AM

[makes hand gesture]
toy-SIIIIDE!
[stops pose and hand gesture]
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#4 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:47 AM

Its about damn time. Buying them from Italy gets really expensive. I may now have a chance to get some of the playsets for a decent price. Definitely stoked :o

#5 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:28 PM

JKaris's prices arn't decent enough?
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#6 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:47 PM

Gormiti, in the US, for real?!

Yes! YES!

#7 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:54 PM

Yes! YES!

How did I miss that badass meme???

#8 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:31 PM

HELL YEAH!!! i can't wait. i'm gonna start saving my dollaridoos right now. this is fantastic news. thanks tortle.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#9 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:43 PM

Because you're lame. :huh:

Nate didn't include this link, but it's on the original page - a gallery from the 2008 Licensing Expo, presumably from a Gormiti display by Playmates. Cool stuff.
http://74.52.193.82/...2_itemId=107747

#10 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:02 PM

Because you're lame. ;)

:huh:

#11 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:16 PM

Sweet!!!!!

#12 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:13 AM

Graet news!

#13 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:49 AM

....Impressive sculpts. Quite the variety.....

* dreams of wrestling matches
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#14 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:23 PM

You lucky bastitchs :D

They were available in France too just few days before I left. So I have never seen one in store in France.
Some months later they were made avalaible here in New-Caledonia but in 1 shop only. They sell them for about $20 the 4 (or 5) pack which were sold out very quickly. Now they only have left single pack for the same price. Yes 20 bucks for 1 single figure ! So I prefer to pass and don't bought any.

#15 bkb1777

bkb1777

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts & Laser Beasts!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:27 AM

I wouldn't pay that much for one figure either. Not unless I really wanted to complete a collection or something in that general area. I can not wait for my gormiti to get here that I bought last week. Woot! My very first shipment of Gormiti. :p ;) :) :) :) :) :) & I also can not wait to be able to go to the store and buy my own!
**Live long and prosper**

#16 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:26 PM

So I was @ Target this evening and I saw a single 3 pack MOC for $7.99! There was no hanger w/ price on the shelf and it was the only one. They were distributed by Upper Deck. I didn't purchase it, but, I thought I would let all you Gormiti collectors know they have officially hit (at least in IA). :thumbsup:

TGB

#17 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:40 AM

So I was @ Target this evening and I saw a single 3 pack MOC for $7.99! There was no hanger w/ price on the shelf and it was the only one. They were distributed by Upper Deck. I didn't purchase it, but, I thought I would let all you Gormiti collectors know they have officially hit (at least in IA). :thumbsup:

TGB

Wow, if it says U.D. it is one that got sent there on accident from the San Diego test market.

#18 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:46 AM

Alternately, it could be that some of the stock Playmates is distributing initially is from Upper Deck's attempt. I assume there was a collaboration of some kind if both companies were giving Gormiti a trial run.

Very exciting news though!

#19 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:49 AM

Alternately, it could be that some of the stock Playmates is distributing initially is from Upper Deck's attempt. I assume there was a collaboration of some kind if both companies were giving Gormiti a trial run.

Very exciting news though!

It is possible, but I don't think very likely, since Playmates trial run had their own packaging, while UD just slapped their sticker on the UK Flair packaging.
Possible that Playmates bought out UD's remaining stock though. If that were the case, I am sure they would have at least, restickered them.

Maybe Target bought UD's remaining stock?

But regardless, I am so jazzed to see Gormiti coming here officially!

#20 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:48 AM

I was just at Target in Dekalb IL and they had Gormiti in Playmates packaging!! They were two packs for 5.99 each. A little steep, but probably cheaper than online for people. Interestingly enough, they are not 2-packs of just UK series 1. Each 2 pack contained 1 figure from UK series 1/Energhencia, and the other figure is a Final Evolution style redeco of the Energhencia sculpts. I am going to pick 1 or 2, there are abou8t 10-15 packs r\ight now. Good to see they are coming out

eric

#21 SpyMagician

SpyMagician

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:07 PM

Yup!

Just found the US 2 packs myself at Target in Culver City CA.

Posted Image

As koppenschevelle said, they're twin packs of 1 Energheia and one Final Evolution Energheia repaint. However the cards are only US versions of the Energheia cards, the Final Evolution repaints do not have cards w/ the corresponding color art work and higher power ratings.

Also, there are minor changes to the US versions from the UK versions in terms of name and card details.

The Tribes have different titles, for example it's no longer "The People of the Forest," but "The Forest Tribe." Also a few of the character names are different.

Poivrons is now Polypus, Mimeticus the Fast is now Mimic the Fast and Hemlock is simply The Thug.

Finally the cardbacks are different in that they have a "secret code" to be entered on www.gormiticlub.com, though as of now the UK/USA area has not obvious area to enter the codes (for anyone interested Mimic's code is F1D and Mole is E1F.)

The only downside I noticed is that some of the figures are slightly deformed due to the blister card packaging. The Mimeticus and Mole I got have warped legs and as a result only Mole can stand properly. Heating will probably repair this, but still it's probably going to annoy a kid if the figure can't stand right out of the package (of course even un-deformed L'antico Thorg can't stand on his own, LOL!)

I'll be really curious to see what other items they release (minis, playsets, larger figures, etc.)

SpyMagician

#22 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:19 PM

How much per pack and what section were they in?

#23 SpyMagician

SpyMagician

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:41 PM

How much per pack and what section were they in?

$5.99 per 2 pack, and the Target I was at (Culver City, CA) was re-setting aisles, so they were all crammed in with Action Figures and no proper shelf tags were up yet. But they scanned normally.

Spy

#24 nickdeth

nickdeth

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests: Kinnikuman ,Battle beasts ,anime ,manga,Godzilla,Ultraman,Gamera,Fist of the North Star,Robots and much more

Posted 29 December 2008 - 07:40 PM

just got some in N.C. target store
[URL=http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/nickdeth/life/?action=view&current=DSC04473-1.jpg][IMG]http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/nickdeth/life/th_DSC04473-1.jpg[/IMG[/URL]

#25 Jet-Mech

Jet-Mech

The Man on the Silver Mountain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1531 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Monster In My Pocket, Gormiti, Trash Pack, other LRGs that may strike my fancy, and other stuff no-one else likely gives a damn about

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:38 PM

Are Gormiti going to be Target exclusives here in the States? If not, I'm gonna have to look for those little boogers next time I go to Wal-Fart.

Current collecting goal: obtain all 148 Monster In My Pocket Series 1 figures in regular colors (71.62% there)

So many toys, so little money!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com