• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#51 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:58 PM

OMG Great Find Man!!!!I hope there is the clown baddie and Geinki!

#52 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:14 PM

OMG Great Find Man!!!!I hope there is the clown baddie and Geinki!

I know there is a Genki figure but sadly I have to wait for my argentina sticker book before I can see who the rest of them are. I am extremely excited for it lol

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#53 evan

evan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:41 AM

Was able to dig into it a little more. These Argentina figures are pretty cool actually. From the pictures, it looks like they are stamped TCDT, which is the same stamp the Playmates figures have. Maybe they were made by/licensed by the same toy manufacturer? I hesitate to say that because the paint job on these looks much worse than the Playmates figures, but at the same time the molds are very, very similar in some cases. Almost identical.

The amount of figures actually seems to be pretty large too. I haven't found a photo of either of the two Moo figures (there seems to be one in his armor and one in his dragon form), but I found some of characters I would not expect to have toys. Would be very cool if the Playmates line included some of these figures.

For example, it seems there's a Joker figure, a Dragon figure, Captain Clay, Captain Kuro, Looker, Gali, Kuro, Undine... Lots of anime characters that didn't make it over to the US line. I'd love to see all of the figures compared to the Playmates ones. The Joker, Gali and Centaur figures I'd be VERY interested in seeing, they are cool monsters!

album-monster-rancher-galletitas-arcor-1

jack-huevo-grande-cu-5000-monster-ranger

#54 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:02 AM

Was able to dig into it a little more. These Argentina figures are pretty cool actually. From the pictures, it looks like they are stamped TCDT, which is the same stamp the Playmates figures have. Maybe they were made by/licensed by the same toy manufacturer? I hesitate to say that because the paint job on these looks much worse than the Playmates figures, but at the same time the molds are very, very similar in some cases. Almost identical.

The amount of figures actually seems to be pretty large too. I haven't found a photo of either of the two Moo figures (there seems to be one in his armor and one in his dragon form), but I found some of characters I would not expect to have toys. Would be very cool if the Playmates line included some of these figures.

For example, it seems there's a Joker figure, a Dragon figure, Captain Clay, Captain Kuro, Looker, Gali, Kuro, Undine... Lots of anime characters that didn't make it over to the US line. I'd love to see all of the figures compared to the Playmates ones. The Joker, Gali and Centaur figures I'd be VERY interested in seeing, they are cool monsters!

album-monster-rancher-galletitas-arcor-1

jack-huevo-grande-cu-5000-monster-ranger

Man oh man there are some figures I wanted! I am excited to get my sticker book in since there is a list of all the toys at the bottom. Now we need to figure out where to get some of these guys lol

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#55 evan

evan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:21 AM

Found a photo of armored Moo. Looks like there is also a Durahan figure. I'm thinking they came in two sizes, the small ones from the same molds as the Playmates line but with different paint jobs, and the larger ones from different molds with new figures. Would love to have all of these!

8713-MLA20008011404_112013-O.jpg

#56 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

Found a photo of armored Moo. Looks like there is also a Durahan figure. I'm thinking they came in two sizes, the small ones from the same molds as the Playmates line but with different paint jobs, and the larger ones from different molds with new figures. Would love to have all of these!

8713-MLA20008011404_112013-O.jpg

Yeah the person who sold me those Argentina figures yesterday told me that the small ones came with the chocolate for Jacks and the bigger ones were in store. I wish I could find a moc one though

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#57 evan

evan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:57 PM

So how did you all get into Monster Rancher? Play the games, watch the anime, just knew about the toys?

#58 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:54 PM

So how did you all get into Monster Rancher? Play the games, watch the anime, just knew about the toys?

I started with the show but I also got into the games a little. I loved the show a lot but I always put it on the back burner because no one else seemed to like it with me lol

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#59 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:46 PM

I found a pic of holly and genki .Im still debating on getting these down the road.They are weird looking.

lote-de-15-viejos-munequitos-jacks-2001-

#60 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:00 PM

The awful eyes on nearly all of them are so bad, but Genki and Big Derp there are by far the most amazing.

#61 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:55 PM

I found a pic of holly and genki .Im still debating on getting these down the road.They are weird looking.

lote-de-15-viejos-munequitos-jacks-2001-

The awful eyes on nearly all of them are so bad, but Genki and Big Derp there are by far the most amazing.

I am excited for Big Derp / Holly lol I ordered that one on ebay so I am waiting for her to get in. I really hope that a Gali Argentina fig pops up (and that black jell captain).

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#62 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:49 AM

The guy selling the Argentina figs just put up a fresh batch of figs again. They are the same as last time but there is some good ones. Also the guy is willing to make deals on the side since I bought his other batch lol

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1e94642a1a

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#63 evan

evan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:48 AM

Finally got a chance to break my figures out and organize them a bit. I missed a few of the rares/super rares in the common box but oh well!

I'm always willing to trade figures, ESPECIALLY for cards I don't have! Here is the list of cards I don't have:

Captain Jell
Daton
Gangster
Henger
Jell
Monol
Naga
Red Eye
Spot Dino
Titan

http://imgur.com/a/K88im

There is the link to the album! For some reason IMGUR seems to be banned from image posting on here, sorry!

Edited by evan, 03 November 2014 - 05:49 AM.

#64 evan

evan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:13 AM

Notes from my collection! I just really dig these figures for the level of detail in them.

Retired figures - I need Draco Kato and Pink Hopper to complete the collection. I have located both, and I think I may have them soon! I will update if so and tell the story of tracking them down. Hope it all works out. These are my favorite set of the Playmates figures though. Not because they're the rarest (although I do believe they are. As much auction-watching and searching as I've done, the retired figures don't seem to pop up as often as the rares/super rares), but because they are the coolest looking IMO. They have the best colors. Phoenix, Horn, Frozen Gaboo, Draco Kato, Pink Hopper... all of them!

Phoenix figures - there are two separate paint jobs out of the three figures I have. I think this figure is hand painted, so that makes sense.

Super Rare figures - I REALLY like Bossy, Kato, Arrowhead and the Naga figures. I tried to include some good photos to show the differences between the two Kato figures as far as paint jobs go. All promo materials, like the photos on the backs of the boxes, show Kato without his stripes. I have three with stripes and one without--two of the striped ones are from my original collection from when I was a kid, so I am not sure if THAT is the more common one or what.

Rare figures - altogether pretty boring. I'm not as big afan of the Tiger breed figures, the Dinos/Zuums, or the Golem figures, so this set is pretty ho-hum for me :)

Common figures - very easy to get a complete set of these. Some of them are pretty cool. I like the Plant figures and would have liked to see an Usaba figure, since there is a card for her.

All in all this is a cool little set of figures! Easy enough to get started on a collection, but it's been a long time of trying to complete it for me. Draco Kato and Pink Hopper seem to be very very scarce. Like I said, I hope to have them soon!

Edited by evan, 03 November 2014 - 06:14 AM.

#65 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:35 AM

Notes from my collection! I just really dig these figures for the level of detail in them.

Retired figures - I need Draco Kato and Pink Hopper to complete the collection. I have located both, and I think I may have them soon! I will update if so and tell the story of tracking them down. Hope it all works out. These are my favorite set of the Playmates figures though. Not because they're the rarest (although I do believe they are. As much auction-watching and searching as I've done, the retired figures don't seem to pop up as often as the rares/super rares), but because they are the coolest looking IMO. They have the best colors. Phoenix, Horn, Frozen Gaboo, Draco Kato, Pink Hopper... all of them!

Phoenix figures - there are two separate paint jobs out of the three figures I have. I think this figure is hand painted, so that makes sense.

Super Rare figures - I REALLY like Bossy, Kato, Arrowhead and the Naga figures. I tried to include some good photos to show the differences between the two Kato figures as far as paint jobs go. All promo materials, like the photos on the backs of the boxes, show Kato without his stripes. I have three with stripes and one without--two of the striped ones are from my original collection from when I was a kid, so I am not sure if THAT is the more common one or what.

Rare figures - altogether pretty boring. I'm not as big afan of the Tiger breed figures, the Dinos/Zuums, or the Golem figures, so this set is pretty ho-hum for me :)

Common figures - very easy to get a complete set of these. Some of them are pretty cool. I like the Plant figures and would have liked to see an Usaba figure, since there is a card for her.

All in all this is a cool little set of figures! Easy enough to get started on a collection, but it's been a long time of trying to complete it for me. Draco Kato and Pink Hopper seem to be very very scarce. Like I said, I hope to have them soon!

I completely agree with the Draco / Hopper thing. Those bad boys seem to be ridiculous when it comes to finding them. Also, don't forget that pesky evil hare for the retired ones and now I am wondering on what varients that have in colors.

The only other varient that I know of is the darker pink weeds. Also, for some reason Naga seems to be on the same production level as a retired from what I have figured. I guess people just keep buying him up because he is awesome but it was a serious pain for me to track him down. Plus, you willing to sell a phoenix? lol

Edited by thenerdieststore, 03 November 2014 - 08:37 AM.

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#66 evan

evan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:07 AM

There are no other color variants that aren't listed as separate monster numbers that I know of. Kato is the only one with two colors for the same figure number I think. The Weeds are consistent between the two figures I believe as to their colors.

You're right, Naga also doesn't pop up very often. He's an awesome figure. As far as rarity, I'd probably rank from what I've seen:

1. Draco Kato

2. Pink Hopper

3. Frozen Gaboo

4. Horn

5. Naga

6. Phoenix

There are some random other figures that don't come up to often. Like Ape, Zilla, Spot Dino, or Pink Suezo.

I think the Phoenix figures are what everyone used to want really bad, so it pops up more often since people know they can sell it for a lot compared to the other figures. It's the same for me--when my brother and I would buy the packs, we would cross our fingers before opening them hoping to get a Phoenix figure. Mostly for that reason, I'll hang on to mine for now but if I ever decide to sell one I'll let you know! Like I said, I'm very interested in also completing the card collection so if you ever get duplicates or something of the ones I need that you're willing to part with let me know, I'm sure we can work something out. If I'm being honest, part of the fun is in the hunt for me though. I like seeing what comes up.

Did you try to bid on that big lot of pokemon/digimon/monster rancher figures? There was a Phoenix in there I think. The auction mentioned 200+ figures, I almost wanted to bid just to see if a Draco Kato or Pink Hopper were hiding in the pile somewhere, haha!

My Horn is not in good shape, there is paint pealing on his lip and horn. I have another one on the way, hope it's in as good of a condition as it looks online.

#67 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:35 AM

There are no other color variants that aren't listed as separate monster numbers that I know of. Kato is the only one with two colors for the same figure number I think. The Weeds are consistent between the two figures I believe as to their colors.

You're right, Naga also doesn't pop up very often. He's an awesome figure. As far as rarity, I'd probably rank from what I've seen:

1. Draco Kato

2. Pink Hopper

3. Frozen Gaboo

4. Horn

5. Naga

6. Phoenix

There are some random other figures that don't come up to often. Like Ape, Zilla, Spot Dino, or Pink Suezo.

I think the Phoenix figures are what everyone used to want really bad, so it pops up more often since people know they can sell it for a lot compared to the other figures. It's the same for me--when my brother and I would buy the packs, we would cross our fingers before opening them hoping to get a Phoenix figure. Mostly for that reason, I'll hang on to mine for now but if I ever decide to sell one I'll let you know! Like I said, I'm very interested in also completing the card collection so if you ever get duplicates or something of the ones I need that you're willing to part with let me know, I'm sure we can work something out. If I'm being honest, part of the fun is in the hunt for me though. I like seeing what comes up.

Did you try to bid on that big lot of pokemon/digimon/monster rancher figures? There was a Phoenix in there I think. The auction mentioned 200+ figures, I almost wanted to bid just to see if a Draco Kato or Pink Hopper were hiding in the pile somewhere, haha!

My Horn is not in good shape, there is paint pealing on his lip and horn. I have another one on the way, hope it's in as good of a condition as it looks online.

I did bid on the big huge digimon lot and someone literally out bidded me at the last second. I had that bad boy up to the high 60s. I am quite happy to almost be done with this series. I need to start working on the Argentina series. Starting off with ten figs so it isnt that bad.

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#68 evan

evan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:15 AM

I know that feeling! I really want to finish the collection too.

I wish we knew more about the Argentina figures. From what I can deduce, it seems maybe the figures in the chocolate eggs were actually the small figures that are sort of flat looking, like the derpy Holly above. There are other figures though that are full-formed and 3d like the ones you got off eBay. And I think those are much larger, I dunno. Will be interesting to see, please post good photos or a scan of the sticker book if you don't mind! Would love to see what the full list is!

There are definitely multiple sets though. The ones linked above with the derpy Holly and all aren't the same as the ones you are getting from eBay. Your Holly's arms don't touch her sides, the one in the photos does. Maybe they are bootlegs, who knows!

Also, if you have some way of getting them shipped to you, I think Mercado Libre will be the site where you find the majority of those figures! Hope you get the full set!

#69 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:31 AM

I know that feeling! I really want to finish the collection too.

I wish we knew more about the Argentina figures. From what I can deduce, it seems maybe the figures in the chocolate eggs were actually the small figures that are sort of flat looking, like the derpy Holly above. There are other figures though that are full-formed and 3d like the ones you got off eBay. And I think those are much larger, I dunno. Will be interesting to see, please post good photos or a scan of the sticker book if you don't mind! Would love to see what the full list is!

There are definitely multiple sets though. The ones linked above with the derpy Holly and all aren't the same as the ones you are getting from eBay. Your Holly's arms don't touch her sides, the one in the photos does. Maybe they are bootlegs, who knows!

Also, if you have some way of getting them shipped to you, I think Mercado Libre will be the site where you find the majority of those figures! Hope you get the full set!

Yeah I saw a few figs on Mercado too but the site has a tough time translating into bing. I am pretty sure we can figure something out lol and the two hollys open up the possibility of their being more Genkis and Moos..... this is going to be interesting catelogging this series lol I will make sure to take some really good pictures. We need some kind of site to show what is out there for MR.

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#70 evan

evan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:41 AM

I think I may have figured a bit of it out. Based on the photos of the sticker book from the auction, there is a block of text that translates to:

Collect the small toys! The complete collection of Jack Egg toys is 42 toys, now also including movable toys!

There is also another section though that says there are 26 toys from Jack Chocolate.

So it looks like there are two sets. My guess is there is one set of 26 miniatures that probably fit inside the chocolate just like this:

2084614608_85aea21d42.jpg?v=0

And also 16 more of the larger toys with movable parts. It looks like the Holly and Golem and maybe even Gangster you are getting may have poseable arms? Just let us know when you get them in. How quick is the shipping going to be on those from Argentina?

#71 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:03 PM

I think I may have figured a bit of it out. Based on the photos of the sticker book from the auction, there is a block of text that translates to:

Collect the small toys! The complete collection of Jack Egg toys is 42 toys, now also including movable toys!

There is also another section though that says there are 26 toys from Jack Chocolate.

So it looks like there are two sets. My guess is there is one set of 26 miniatures that probably fit inside the chocolate just like this:

2084614608_85aea21d42.jpg?v=0

And also 16 more of the larger toys with movable parts. It looks like the Holly and Golem and maybe even Gangster you are getting may have poseable arms? Just let us know when you get them in. How quick is the shipping going to be on those from Argentina?

My guess is that the shipping will take about a month. You may have a point about move-able though. The golem I am getting is in a different pose (arm wise) than another picture I saw before. That would at least give us some number caps and hopefully will explain the holly arms (unless the durka durk one is the small one and mine is the large?).

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#72 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:59 PM

From what I just saw on ebay, the smaller Jacks look flat and terrible lol here is a pic

$_12.JPG

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#73 evan

evan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:43 AM

OK, figured it out (mostly). I was right, there are 26 of the miniature figures that were sold actually inside the chocolate. That's why you see the ones on his eBay page with chocolate/gunk all over them. You are right, they look kind of lame, don't think I'll be going after these or trying to bother with a collection when they are 8.00 per figure from him or expensive in Argentina otherwise.

We still don't know about the larger figures though, so keep us in the loop about those when you get the sticker book in!

The full collection of 26 miniatures. It's funny, they look alright from far away like this, but up close they are sort of low quality and flat. It's unfortunate, because this same company puts out sets of Simpsons toys in their Huevos Jack chocolate and they look awesome.

2001.jpg

r2001.jpg

#74 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:50 AM

OK, figured it out (mostly). I was right, there are 26 of the miniature figures that were sold actually inside the chocolate. That's why you see the ones on his eBay page with chocolate/gunk all over them. You are right, they look kind of lame, don't think I'll be going after these or trying to bother with a collection when they are 8.00 per figure from him or expensive in Argentina otherwise.

We still don't know about the larger figures though, so keep us in the loop about those when you get the sticker book in!

The full collection of 26 miniatures. It's funny, they look alright from far away like this, but up close they are sort of low quality and flat. It's unfortunate, because this same company puts out sets of Simpsons toys in their Huevos Jack chocolate and they look awesome.

2001.jpg

r2001.jpg

Well that does make the search easier. Guess I need to update my wants list accordingly. I hope we can find sellers that sell for cheaper than $8 though.... lol Now all we need to worry about is the bigger toys.

Edited by thenerdieststore, 04 November 2014 - 06:59 AM.

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#75 evan

evan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:55 AM

Yep! What's cool about the Argentina figures is, like I said, they are made by TCDT, the same company/factory that manufactured the Playmates line in the USA/Germany/Italy.

The Playmates line was from 1999. The Jack line was from 2001. I'm assuming Jack went with TCDT because of their familiarity with Monster Rancher and maybe to reuse some old molds.

It can't be coincidence that the factory is the same and the molds are so similar. The Kato and Naga molds for the larger figures, for example, are nearly identical with just minor differences. And the Suezo molds are basically the same thing with different paint jobs. Maybe they had to make basic changes so as not to offend Playmates or something. But because of the similarities, I'm wondering if TCDT didn't have more production molds that were unused for the Playmates line two years before, and simply used them for the Jack line instead. That makes it very cool to see some of the Argentina figures that are full-size AND different than the Playmates figures.

Dragon, Gangster, Captain Jell, Kuro, Durahan, Dragon Moo, etc are all figures I would have expected to eventually make their way into the Playmates line as they are very popular characters and are unique as well. These Jack figures from two years after the Playmates line could very well be considered a partial spiritual successor! If I were ever able to find some of them for cheap I would definitely pick them up. They are certainly neat!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com