• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:08 PM

I drove to a town near Austin, San Marcos, today and scored the motherload at the Wallymart. The 5-packs were $.50 each so I bought all 80 they had left :woot: The shopping cart was completely full and people in line were staring at me :lol:

So anyway, walking on air, I hit my local Wally (where I found my last Xar) looking for T-hunts & HW classics since night time's the best time for this(found 3 last weekend :D ). Anywayyyyyyyy when I was checking the aisles for HW classics hanging on strips I found a shizznitload of 5-packs on an endcap. I found a Xar and then another both in packs with Barrage on the front (like the other I had found there) so I went ahead and bought all 6 of the packs with Barrage on the front and 4 of them had a Xar and the other 2 had a Shadow Savage B) ;)

I'd read in one of these threads that packs often have the same figure assortment if they were shipped together but can you believe that effing happened with Xar!! That's five Xar's from one store! All 6 had the same other 3 figures--Shadow Stench, Hyper Skwall & Shadow Cursor--but I don't remember what the first one had. BTW the Wichita Falls Xar had Tremmor on the front.

Hey Godbeast, still need a Shadow Savage? still got that extra Shadow Cutter? LMK plus I PM'd you my extra T-hunt list.

I'd also like to trade for the other colored Xars if anyone has an extra--These are all red dot #'s 469, 48, 408 & 393. The Savages are 236 & 249.
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#2 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:46 PM

WOW!!!

Yes I DO need that Shadow Savage!!!

Hold on to an extra Xar or 2...I could use an extra or 2 to barter with for the next secrets and Seer!!! I can hook ya up with custom FOPs when they are ready and those THs. B)

I shot ya my cell #. Call me or shoot me yours'. :woot:

Thanks,
TGB

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 12 July 2005 - 11:22 PM.

#3 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:50 PM

Hey...

You NEED to post sweet a$$ photos HERE

TGB

#4 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 07:22 AM

I told you that they would start dumping them off here in the US......

#5 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 07:32 AM

They didn't start dumping them off...they have been dumped at Walmarts for 8 months. Collectors are just now jumpin' into collecting them and he hit a gold store, like lazorlion and I have found. But, seriously out of ALL the Walmarts, TRU, and Targets Lazorlion and I have plundered...only a couple of Walmarts yielded finds like this...the Xars and Secrets are TRULY RARE! Trust me... :rolleyes:

TGB

#6 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 07:49 AM

They didn't start dumping them off...they have been dumped at Walmarts for 8 months. Collectors are just now jumpin' into collecting them and he hit a gold store, like lazorlion and I have found. But, seriously out of ALL the Walmarts, TRU, and Targets Lazorlion and I have plundered...only a couple of Walmarts yielded finds like this...the Xars and Secrets are TRULY RARE! Trust me... :rolleyes:

TGB

Marty, there are 1000 of them that were dumped into the Wave 2 packs, which was a limited run. That is a high ratio.

#7 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:11 AM

TGB

Marty, there are 1000 of them that were dumped into the Wave 2 packs, which was a limited run. That is a high ratio.

a thousand of what? Xars? If so, that is incorrect... My USA silver Xars were found in series 1 wave 1 packs. My Australian was found in a test market yellow tray pack and my Canadian was found in a series 1 wave one pack.

Yes, they did email me saying that they held Xars and Secrets for insertion into the series 1 wave 2 packs...but that doesn't mean they made 1000 more Xars.

1000 of any toy is a low run. Look at the new MOTU Randor...limited to 2000 and it will still probably sell for $100.

I think some of you underestimate how rare these truly are. I have went to damn near EVERY Walmart, TRU, and Target in central & eastern NE, central/western & southern IA, and northern and western MO/eastern KS.

That is a TON of stores in a TON of cities and I have went through probably 3,000 packs and only found 3 Xars and 2 Shrieks on my own. 2 Shrieks at 2 different cities' TRU, 2 Xars in an IA Walmart, and 1 Xar in a NE Walmart.

Lazorlion has combed half of MO and half of KS and found only 3 Cutters & 1 Shriek ALL from the same Walmart and then one Xar in a different Walmart.

That really isn't a lot for 6,000 packs in 4 states covering that many stores in that many towns (both highly populated and low populated).

I have begged EVERYONE to post their secrets and Xars and honestly...not many here have found any...except for one here and one there...really only Giglar, Lazorlion and myself have hit treasure troves.

Just my 2 cents,
TGB

#8 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:53 AM

really only Giglar, Lazorlion and myself have hit treasure troves.

Honestly, I think you three are the only ones searching that dilligently for them.

My point is that since FOP flopped in the US and they had only released a small amount of Xars in 1-1, that they would have poured the rest of the 1000 in 1-2 before they shipped.

I think I will order a few more cases from the wholesalers and see what comes up.

#9 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 12:46 PM

The shopping cart was completely full and people in line were staring at me :rolleyes:

heh heh heh!
let them stare! they be thinkin what the the.....?
and you be thinkin, Xar, xar, let there be a Xar!
rock on!
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#10 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 09 July 2005 - 08:41 AM

I have looked quite a bit as well, but have turned up nothing in my area. Hopefully something comes up with Wave 2 when and if we get it.

By the way, you have to post a picture of the Savage figure. I am interested to see what it looks like.

Eric

#11 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 10 July 2005 - 04:59 PM

I love road trips. Had to go to Beaumont Friday for my daughter's Fastpitch and hit every Wallymart, Target & TRU I saw on the way. The smaller Wallys had few if any FOP. The Wally in Katy, TX outside of Houston had 16 trays of 12 each plus some 2 packs.

That's where I found 2 Shadow Cutters, 1 Shadow Shriek & 1 Crystal Shriek :unsure: Here's the strange part, they were all in 5-packs with Barrage on the front dated 12/19/04 just like 5 of the Xars I found and like the Xar packs, they had the same 3 other figures. They were also more Barrage packs 2 dated 12/19/05 that had no secrets at all---go figure.

I'll get pix of all these guys soon. Actually, the pix are no problem, it's getting them to a computer. For some reason I can't transfer them any more on mine and have to go somewhere else like to my sister's or parent's.

So WTF did they make lots of secrets and pack 'em all in on 12/19?
Posted Image

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#12 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:06 PM

... and sent them all to Texas apparently. :unsure:

I'm on vacation this week, so I'm going on a toy store raid tomorrow. If I come up empty-handed, then I'll probably reside myself to just picking up series 2 when it comes out and never go out of my way for these effing things again.

#13 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:57 PM

... and sent them all to Texas apparently. :D

I'm on vacation this week, so I'm going on a toy store raid tomorrow. If I come up empty-handed, then I'll probably reside myself to just picking up series 2 when it comes out and never go out of my way for these effing things again.

:kid: I hope so, there's a few towns I haven't hit yet. Seriously I think the "secret" is to hit as many stores as possible since what little info we have on these seems to show that the secrets & Xars are found in pockets as opposed to being widely distributed.

I just hope these stores made enough money off these that they'll actually buy the Series 2. I got into FOP pretty late so I don't know what kind of stock these stores had to begin with. I wondering whether the small town Walmarts that didn't have any of these at all sold out of them or never had many to begin with. I'm guessing they didn't have much to begin with based on their variety and stock of other toys as compared to big city Wallys but who knows?

Good Luck Goriki, hope you find a Xar or 2 :unsure:
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com