41 replies to this topic

#1 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

I've been inspired to start a website about Romando's Kinnikuman figures, with the main feature being large photos of the characters in my collection pictured next to their M.U.S.C.L.E. counterparts. I don't have a complete collection by any means, but it is fairly large and diverse, so hopefully this will be a nice tribute to the late, great Romando. There aren't a whole lot of websites dedicated to that topic, so I wanted to put something nice out there. I've got the page up and the first 10 photos, and will be adding more photos and commentary on each toy as time goes on. Hope you check it out and keep coming back!

The URL is http://www.spacethec...m/?page_id=1139 (It's part of my site for my LEGO Space webcomic...)

Enjoy! - K.

Edited by DetectiveFork, 01 October 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#2 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

Sweet!

#3 sherrie

sherrie

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1397 posts
  • Interests:toys, computers, games, reading

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

I love it! great job!!!!

Selling on Ebay as Kinnikumart

Check out my Ebay Auctions
HERE

My Store is now Closed!
Selling on Ebay and here on the Forum too!. Pm me or email me.

#4 Bagface

Bagface

The Customs Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Reading, Boobs, Video Games, M.U.S.C.L.E men... Just a lot of geekery in general.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

That is an amazing page, ive just learned about these figures and hope to start collecting them soon. Ive never even seen most of those. Great work!

#5 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

Very nice, I love Romando. Over hte last few years I have sold off about 75% of my collection, and with the exception of a couple Romando I bought just for re-sale, i have not sold one Romando. i love them, I think they are effing amazing. I like how you pictured the Romando with their muscle counterparts. Very nice pics too. Good job. I love your king 100 ton figure, I need one of those.

#6 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

Thanks for the kind words and support, everyone! Sherrie, I've always appreciated your enthusiasm in the Kinnikuman community and got some great items in my collection (mostly Kinkeshi) from you. Doc Moore, your page actually was a BIG inspiration to create my own. I can't tell you how many times I've gone back to look at your collection pix, especially your Romando page. As far as I'm aware, you have the only other English-language page dedicated to Romando. (Although I have to ask how your site managed to survive the great Geocities purge... Thankfully, it seems the deletion wasn't absolute!)

You're right about Romando being a great toyline. It's funny because they're not all the most articulated or well-made figures. But they do manage to capture the magic and weirdness of Kinnikuman very well. I look forward to putting up pix and reviews of the rest of my Romando collection over the next few months. Ultimately, I just want to have another interesting archive of figures out there that people can find when searching for info on the line.

BTW, Doc, I see King 100 Ton show up fairly regularly on Yahoo Japan Auctions, which I view through Jauce.com (You can't really search by character, but by Kinnikuman as a toyline and just scan through the results.). At least I see the Type B version, which I have. The Type A version with his anime colors seems harder to come by. I'm still confused, though, whether his name is properly "King the 100-Ton," "King 100 Tons" or "King the Tons." Just like I see "Sunigator," "Sneagator" and "Snigator" and have no idea which one is correct. lol Romando lists his name as Snigator on their packaging, for whatever that's worth.

Edited by DetectiveFork, 03 October 2012 - 08:26 AM.

#7 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

Is the article on Topless Robot from you or is someone using your pics?
http://www.littlerub...howtopic=137550

#8 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

It's me. :-)

#9 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Soooo jealous of tileman!

#10 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

This page tells you how to go about getting Tileman: http://nama-niku.blo...kodo-go-go.html

#11 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

10-21-12: Added photo and review of Romando Parthenon.

#12 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Great stuff there. Some of these Romando's are way bigger than I thought compare to a tiny MUSCLE figure. Hope to see a Satan Cross in there soon. e+

#13 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

Great stuff there. Some of these Romando's are way bigger than I thought compare to a tiny MUSCLE figure. Hope to see a Satan Cross in there soon. e+

He's one Romando I unfortunately don't have. But I'm looking... :) Of course, I don't have the M.U.S.C.L.E. version, either, so it kind of defeats the purpose. lol

Edited by DetectiveFork, 21 October 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#14 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

11/4/12: Added Medicos Robin Mask photo and review to the archive, as well as reviews for Romando Kinnikuman, Specialman and Robin Mask.

Edited by DetectiveFork, 04 November 2012 - 01:32 PM.

#15 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

11/5/12: And two more! Added Warsman EX and the archway version of Sunshine.

#16 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

Ill trade my satan cross for your tileman :)

#17 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

Ill trade my satan cross for your tileman :)

Haha, sorry, but Tileman is the crown prince of my collection. :) Did you see the link I shared elsewhere on how you can get Tileman from Kaikodo in Japan? He's not exactly cheap, but is still available, I believe.

#18 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

Yea i better get him soon before hes not available. Hes one of my favorites. I have every version of him in every color option so i kind of need the romando version

#19 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

Yea i better get him soon before hes not available. Hes one of my favorites. I have every version of him in every color option so i kind of need the romando version

For what it's worth, my experience ordering him from Kaikodo was great. He got here fast.

#20 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

Added Mysterious Partner and Kinnikuman DX!

#21 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Added the gruesome twosome, Kinkotsuman and Iwao!

#22 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

New additions include Ashuraman (Another Arm version) and Robin Mask (removable armor).

#23 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

Sweet!

#24 Bagface

Bagface

The Customs Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Reading, Boobs, Video Games, M.U.S.C.L.E men... Just a lot of geekery in general.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Ive just started my collection. Using your page as inspiration lol. So far all i have so far is Kendaman and The Mountain, Kinnikuman should be arriving at my house shortly. Every time i look at Specialman i giggle like an idiot. I need to own him..

#25 DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

Ive just started my collection. Using your page as inspiration lol. So far all i have so far is Kendaman and The Mountain, Kinnikuman should be arriving at my house shortly. Every time i look at Specialman i giggle like an idiot. I need to own him..

Bagface, that's really cool! Your wallet might not thank me, but you'll get to enjoy some great toys. :-) That's a great start to the collection - which version of Kinnikuman did you get? Specialman is amazingly silly and awesome. I've seen him on Yahoo! Japan Auctions through Jauce.com recently.

Edited by DetectiveFork, 27 November 2012 - 09:16 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com