• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 19 April 2018 - 01:33 PM

Marusan Pro Wrestling/Nakajima Seisakusho Tiger Mask Sofubi Line

Probably one of the coolest vintage lines are the Marusan Pro Wrestling/Nakajima Seisakusho Tiger Mask Sofubi! I admired these from afar; seeing them in pictures and Japanese toy stores. Along with the Medicom Fighting Series line, the Marusan Sofubi were an impulse buy from my trip to Hong Kong last year in April. I am really looking forward to getting more of these in the future because I noticed that online these go for a lot more than I paid for them in person! Not quite sure on the checklists because the confusion comes from confusing both lines. One which I call the Marusan Pro wrestling/Tiger Mask Sofubi line and the other the Nakajima Seisakusho Tiger Mask Sofubi Line (online they label both lines as: Tiger Mask Sofubi line quite often). So if anyone knows more please give me the 411!

One Marusan Pro Wrestling Sofubi Line Checklist I found (not sure if it's complete)

Attached File  Marusan Tiger Mask Checklist.jpg   271.27K   11 downloads

A Nakajima Seisakusho Tiger Mask Sofubi Line checklist (not 100% sure if this is the checklist for the standard Sofubi or the smaller Sofubi)

Attached File  Tiger Mask Checklist.jpg   152.49K   12 downloads

Edited by kayfabe1985, 21 April 2018 - 03:27 AM.

#2 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 19 April 2018 - 01:49 PM

Carmen Z (カルメンZ)

I bought this figure because visually I found it super interesting (especially the flower business); he could have been straight out of Kinnikuman! This came with its original package (bag and everything) but what has me perplexed is that all versions I have seen of Carmen Z (in package) are like mine except for one I saw online with a cape (maybe someone put it on the Sofubi). I would also like to know more about the character as Carmen Z is always labeled a "Tiger Mask" character but I have never seen a bio online etc

Attached File  1.jpg   90.69K   3 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   83.07K   2 downloads

Attached File  3.jpg   46.57K   1 downloads

Edited by kayfabe1985, 19 April 2018 - 01:50 PM.

#3 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:14 AM

The Monster (ザ・モンスタ)

I found this Sofubi to be wonderfully hideous and it reminded me of Baron Von Raschke, whom I am almost certain the character was inspired from!

Attached File  1.jpg   85.02K   3 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   81.17K   1 downloads

#4 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:14 AM

Mr. Question

This Sofubi comes from another line of Tiger Mask Sofubi (Nakajima Seisakusho); I always admired these when looking at toy store displays or other peoples collections. Especially the idea of a Pro Wrestling anime being popular enough to feature original/created and real wrestlers from the time period. Depending on luck it could be you find these cheap online (yahoojapan for example). As was the case for the Mr. Question but only because it was missing the sash and it has scuff marks (which I dont mind since it gives it that vintage worn "feel"). The more complete the Sofubi the higher the cost will be etc.

Attached File  20180419_223425.jpg   87.81K   3 downloadsAttached File  20180419_223438.jpg   77.65K   1 downloads

Edited by kayfabe1985, 21 April 2018 - 03:16 AM.

#5 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:15 AM

King Saturn

I picked up King Saturn for super cheap in Hong Kong (seller was closing his stand and was packing his boxes away when I noticed this Sofubi along with two more). King Saturn was cheap because he was missing boots, pageant sash and horns that are inserted on extra stubs he has on his head. But I love the vintage look and feel of it (plus he displays well with my other collection pieces).

Attached File  1.jpg   90.68K   2 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   88.17K   1 downloads

Edited by kayfabe1985, 13 July 2018 - 01:16 AM.

#6 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:22 AM

Black Python

I picked up Black Python for super cheap in Hong Kong along with King Saturn (same seller who was closing shop). Black Python was cheap because he was missing the red boots and pageant sash (newer re-releases have a cape as well).

Attached File  1.jpg   84.29K   3 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   80.23K   1 downloads

#7 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:30 AM

Red Death Mask

The 3rd Tiger Mask Soft Vinyl I picked up from the same Hong Kong seller who was closing his shop/stand: I bought Red Death Mask for super cheap because he was missing the red boots and pageant sash. Basically the classic lump items together and ask for a price routine. Then haggle haggle haggle until you get a price you think is reasonable.

Attached File  1.jpg   84.65K   3 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   84.51K   1 downloads

#8 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:43 AM

Lion Man

Unless you want to pay a lot of money, finding these Soft Vinyl for cheap will come as a result of missing accessories. I picked up Lion Man from yahoojapan (he is missing the black boots and pageant sash). Visually this has been my favorite vinyl character from the Tiger Mask line besides Tiger Mask :)

Attached File  1.jpg   82.48K   2 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   84.52K   1 downloads

#9 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:54 AM

Miracle A & Miracle B

I bought these separately but from the same seller in Hong Kong (weird that the seller had them split up as opposed to selling them together). You can find these together or sold separately and I only found them online but for high prices. When I saw these for less than 30 EUR each, I jumped at the chance to buy both. Not in mint condition but they look so alike that people mistake them for the same figure (difference is in the color pattern: left to right and vice versa).

Attached File  1.jpg   53.41K   2 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   50.02K   1 downloads

#10 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:44 AM

Tiger Mask

Great price on this but unfortunately he is missing 1 boot, cape and mask (I dont mind at all)! For about 10 EUR I am not going to argue & eventually if I get one complete, I would like to display both an unmasked and masked version.

Attached File  1.jpg   85.95K   3 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   81.63K   1 downloads

#11 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:03 AM

Mil Mascaras

Mil Mascaras was extremely popular in Japan (besides Mexico) and had licensed products. Marusan released a line of Mil Mascara Soft Vinyl figures in Japan; an interesting tidbit: he will sign this line of Sofubi but he is also very particular about only signing products he licensed and will not sign anything bootleg or released without his permission (naturally).

Attached File  20180712_121946.jpg   76.64K   2 downloadsAttached File  20180712_121959.jpg   75.44K   1 downloads

#12 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:15 PM

Mil Mascaras (Sculpt Two)

Marusan released several Mil Mascaras Sofubis as he was extremely popular in Japan. The one I am have been looking for has him wearing a "Mariachi" outfit; in my last trip to Hong Kong I managed to get a couple of vintage Pro Wrestling Sofubi all at once. This is a black & gold masked version of Mil Mascaras!

Attached File  1.jpg   77.78K   3 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   75.87K   2 downloads

Edited by kayfabe1985, 15 July 2018 - 01:16 PM.

#13 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:20 PM

Dos Caras

Another legend of Pro Wrestling/Lucha Libre is Dos Caras and Marusan released a Sofubi of him as well. I acquired this one along with the two Mil Mascaras Sofubi in Hong Kong.

Attached File  1.jpg   82.41K   3 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   84.94K   1 downloads

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com