83 replies to this topic

#1 TMNTGal

TMNTGal

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 08:04 PM

The few BB's I own have so many paint rubs that I decided to use them for customs. I would like for them to have a rub symbol when they are finished.

Does anyone make repro rub stickers? Even if they are custom designs different than the originals that would work too.

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 30 July 2005 - 09:12 PM

I don't know if anyone is doing Repro rubs, I think most people just take them off of bet up BB's and use them on there customs. I know grimerslimer put one on my Battle Cat custom :lol: . I didn't have one when I sent it to him. And I don't know if the Godbeast is doing any. I don't know if these helps or not.
But that is my two cents any way. :lol:

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#3 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 01 August 2005 - 03:40 AM

we haven't come up w/ how to make them as of yet , but i know it's a project to start in the future whenevr someone gets the time to actually work on it. it's basically scanning the rubs to transfericies like theye use for overhead projectors and attach them to a heat sensative backing.

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#4 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:00 PM

we haven't come up w/ how to make them as of yet , but i know it's a project to start in the future whenevr someone gets the time to actually work on it. it's basically scanning the rubs to transfericies like theye use for overhead projectors and attach them to a heat sensative backing.

=)

Someone needs to find a company that sells sheets of heat changing paper...then make the sheet of transparencies (ANother Fan could do the designs and lay them out for printing like he did my shield sticker customs), then just attach the 2 sheets together and last cut and glue!!! Sounds like a cake walk... :huh:

TGB

#5 fourth_heir

fourth_heir

halfway between Mars and Venus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 06:40 AM

reprolabels.com make reproductions of the TF heat rub faction badges - perhaps they could be encouraged to branch out if enough of us write to them :huh: (or at least let us know where they get their heat sensitive material from)

Visit my dA gallery to see my latest fanart (it's mainly TransFormers and Doctor Who but there is a Battle Beast gallery on there!)...
fhsig2.gif

#6 delta81

delta81

Killer Carp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 08:14 AM

All I know is that reprolabels.com already has the autobot and decepticon logos on a Battle Beast format. So my guess is if we just ask the could/might make some with the original BB logos...

#7 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 08:37 AM

It would be SUPER SWEET if they could make SUNBURST ones!!! As long is there was some notible difference so that they didn't hurt the value of the real deal!!!

It would be WICKED to have multiple sunburst rubs on figures!!! Espeically CUSTOMS!!!

TGB

#8 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:01 AM

I just e-mailed them hope I get a reply back. I will let you guys know what I find out.

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#9 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:54 AM

These is the Reply I got guys.

Actually, no, there are no TF labels for BBs, only for TFs.  We can't
make BB labels because the wood logos use some strange type of
material that is no longer commercially available.

So they don't even have the TF labels either.

Man, that sucks! :huh:

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#10 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 01:41 PM

I just e-mailed them hope I get a reply back. I will let you guys know what I find out.

WhiteLeo

Hey Steve, what's the email address and web link? I'll get to the bottom of this. :huh:

--grimey
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#11 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 01:59 PM

Delta@ReproLabels.com that's the e-mail. Website is Reprolabels.com.

Lets keep hitting them up! :huh:

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#12 delta81

delta81

Killer Carp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:51 PM

Click here to see the rubsigns they have... The second one is as big as a BB rub sign (it has to be at that size) so you can use that for your costums... Or am I completly wrong?! :huh:

Edited by delta81, 19 August 2005 - 02:52 PM.

#13 Orca

Orca

The Idea Man & Custom Vehicle Inventor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 07:00 PM

Click here to see the rubsigns they have... The second one is as big as a BB rub sign (it has to be at that size) so you can use that for your costums... Or am I completly wrong?! :huh:

I emailed them years and years ago regarding BB rubsigns and periodically after that. At the time they didn't yet have the ability, now they do. Those Mini-rub signs for the Micromasters are perfect. I always said that they can line up 4 BB symbols and then the customer just cut them into quaters since their issue was with the size of the signs.

Too bad about the Wood symbol material........so what's wrong with Farking the Wood symbol and just making the Water and Fire symbols??????

Could we make a custom rub-symbol made up for our Kitbashes, Customs and Repaints instead??????

Not nessesarily 3 different custom symbols but a single unique symbol that kills all symbols but the Sunburst? -(just to be fair, and No i don't think we should have custom Sunburst signs made.......)

#14 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 08:08 PM

A toxic or radioactive symbol for ALL repros would ROCK!!! Just one new symbol for use on customs and refurbishing missing rubs...then EVERYONE would know that it is NOT an original rub!!!

TGB

#15 Orca

Orca

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 08:38 PM

The Radioactive symbol would look cool~!!!

White Leo has some neat ideas about Anti-beasts, he didn't mention them for Anti-beasts but i think they would be cool. :huh:

A leaf for wood, a drop for Water, a single flame for Fire. Clouds for Air and a Moon for Darkness (as opposed to Sunburst?) Post your thoughts~!!!!!

and Vote on the Repro-rub poll~!!!!!!!!

#16 Another Fan

Another Fan

The Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 01:17 AM

How about this? A skull for DEATH Same power as the sunburst. It kills everyone.

Posted Image

#17 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 05:40 AM

I think the Moon, Skull, and Radiative. That should be the three new Symbols.

Anyone else have any Ideas?

WhiteLeo

Hey Another Fan, could you do the Moon and Radiative to show what they might look like?

Edited by WhiteLeo, 20 August 2005 - 05:42 AM.

I will never quit.

#18 Orca

Orca

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 07:54 AM

I agree White Leo, those ones are cool~!!!!!!! :huh:

Another Fan, Great work~!!!!!!

I second White Leo, could you do a Moon and Radioactive to give us a preview??

Lets get some more opinions people~!!!!!!! post your thoughts!

I'm pretty sure that Reprolabels can make this happen, especially if the images are done in the same manner as the other rub symbol images are that they sell and not the color ones that were used back in the day for the Battlebeasts. Before they were having size issues, but with the mini-rubs now available this project should be able to happen with Reprolabels. I have dealt with them many times before over the years and i own some of their Transformer rub-symbols and they do top notch work and are great to deal with.

If we can get a bunch of people together to keep the initial cost down for the retooling and custom project cost involved (rather than a bunch of people getting their own symbols made up and paying the fees themselves, of course you are free to do whatever you wish, want or desire) we can let everyone else get the rub-symbols off of Reprolabels. Reprolabels will retain the right to sell any product that they make or are commisioned for.

#19 Another Fan

Another Fan

The Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 02:56 PM

No problem.

Here's the RADIOACTIVE one.

Posted Image

#20 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 03:02 PM

Sweet!!!! Nice job man! :huh: Any other ones you can think of too would be great.

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#21 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 06:19 PM

I would like to see a BIOHAZARD symbol!!!

I think...the 3 custom ones should be: Radioactive, Biohazard, and Death!!! ;) But what do I know... :p

Those would rock!!!

I am not sure about the lunar one...if a "moon" one gets made, I propose it being called, "Lunar" symbol...not "moon." I think it just sounds kewler. B)

TGB

#22 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 07:19 PM

Yeah, Biohazard is cool, but I think of Biohazard and Radioactive as the same thing. Thats just me though. And Lunar is cool, I like that. :p Makes me think of the beasts as being shadow beasts! I was thinking maybe a skull and crossbones instead of just a skull? Any thoughts?

Luner, Biohazard, Radioactive and Skull.

WhiteLeo

Edited by WhiteLeo, 20 August 2005 - 07:27 PM.

I will never quit.

#23 Another Fan

Another Fan

The Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 07:44 PM

Here's BIOHAZARD.

Posted Image

#24 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 09:51 PM

Biohazard is germs

Radioactive is radiation

I think these ROCK!!!

Is there a 3rd as nasty as these?

I do think DEATH should be that crossbone symbol that is on corrosive signs...like acid...

Those 3 would kick some element arse!!!

TGB

#25 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 10:08 PM

This is good. There was a thread I will have to look up that had this debate already on it though. I think the third was a recycle symbol that was kinda out of place if you ask me. I can't say that I'm a fan of the skull either...though maybe used as a Toxic symbol rather than a Death symbol it would be more fitting.

Maybe we could do an Element symbol, like the brand of clothing, (or one very close to it to avoid copyright laws)...how fitting and element element.

What we need is to have an email put together for us to petition, complete with an order to show that it is serious. If they are approached by 20 people asking then it is much more effective then just one or two. It would be even better if an admin were to be the contact and show that there is a serious group on the site willing to go in on it together.

The anti-beast symbols would need to be done also at the same time. It would be much easier to have 6 symbols done at once then to have two sets of 3.

I do agree that we shouldn't do a sun burst symbol... The Lunar symbol sounds sweet though!

--grimey

Edited by grimerslimer, 20 August 2005 - 10:10 PM.

Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com