• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:12 AM

With Lord's recent discovery of the Greek BB's coming in solid colors and what not, I've been wondering what separates the Greek BB's from the Protoypes that some of the board members own.

What's to keep someone from, say, passing a Greek BB as a prototype?
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#2 Bermuda Mohawk

Bermuda Mohawk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:32 AM

With Lord's recent discovery of the Greek BB's coming in solid colors and what not, I've been wondering what separates the Greek BB's from the Protoypes that some of the board members own.

I think what it comes down to is they are one and the same. Nobody owns testshots, they just own Greek Beasts. Or so that's what I am taking it as from Sylvains writting.
--Dave

#3 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:55 AM

I think what it comes down to is they are one and the same. Nobody owns testshots, they just own Greek Beasts. Or so that's what I am taking it as from Sylvains writting.

Dave is 100% correct. All these so called Protos/Test shots are nothing more than Greek BB's! :blink:

Just goes to show that Sylvain is a BETTER resource than the Toy Archive and if A.B. was an active/contributing member here...he would have seen this AWESOME discovery by Sylvain and he would have updated the misinformation on his site (along with other things that are WRONG on his site!) :huh: :D ;)

I know that Mr. Venom is having a hell of a time with that Greek seller that just sold him 2 on Ebay (w/boxes) for $150. Looks like he might not be getting them.

TGB

#4 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:08 AM

I don't know as I don't have any "Greek" beasts. I only have a "sold as a proto" beast so I can't compare.

I will post more later. When I will have more time (ie: when my childs will be at bed :blink: )

#5 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 10:56 AM

I have more time to post so let's go.

I have 2 monochromatic beasts in my collection.
The first is a supposed "prototype". It's a marron bat. I noticed that the plastic is softer than regular beast. The copyright is different too. On the regular Bats there is a number at the back of the right leg. There is nothing on the "prototype" beast. I guess this beast is in fact a greek beast.

The second is an all black elephant. I bought it from a french seller who had an even number of beasts. He told me that he only had bought beasts in 2 packs in France. This figure is as hard as the regilar beasts (even a little harder). He didn't have any rub symbol and the seller did'nt remember if he had one or if it was sold as is. Arnaud has such a beast (#1) with a really strange symbol. It's not a rub sticker but just a painted sticker with the fire element. I will ask him to do a scan of it.

So maybe this all black beast is a greek beast but I don't think so as it's really different kind of plastic. Can all of you check there "prototype" beasts and tell us if they are softer than regular beast ? And please check copyright too.

Sylvain

#6 french_kiki

french_kiki

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 11:20 AM

Arnaud has such a beast (#1) with a really strange symbol. It's not a rub sticker but just a painted sticker with the fire element. I will ask him to do a scan of it.

Sylvain

Right. I have a #1 black lion made of harder plastic and it comes with a painted scheme WOOD symbol. This sticker is very strange because he looks like a stupid sticker without any heat action. It's also not correctly applied. my digital camera is too old (and sometimes felt down on the roof :p ) to make a great shot of it but maybe when Sylvain comes home he'd be able to make one. My #1 sticker is VERY VERY strange ... and was bought in FRANCE ;) and it's not for sale friends :)

Edited by french_kiki, 15 April 2005 - 11:21 AM.

#7 Dusk

Dusk

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 02:11 PM

When I lived in Greece the Greek beast from what I can remember....

Colors (of the ones that I have owned - could have been more).
Pink
Blue
Grey
Dark blue (the mettalic color)
Baby blue
Never seen a black one.

They where sold in
2 - in a dark blue wrapper (not see through)
4 - in a small jar (not see through)

Arms where not connected - You would have to connect them (this is probably why some arms where put on wrong figures).

They came with a small sticker of fire, water, and wood that you would have to place on the beast yourself.

beast did have there numbers but I don't recall having hasbro lable on them.

I think they only made from series 1.

I might be going to Greece in a month or two to visit relatives. I might be lucky and find some at a thrift store.
Billy aka Dusk

Ebay - Dusk3375

#8 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 02:35 PM

When I lived in Greece the Greek beast from what I can remember....

Colors (of the ones that I have owned - could have been more).
Pink
Blue
Grey
Dark blue (the mettalic color)
Baby blue
Never seen a black one.

They where sold in
2 - in a dark blue wrapper (not see through)
4 - in a small jar (not see through)

Arms where not connected - You would have to connect them (this is probably why some arms where put on wrong figures).

They came with a small sticker of fire, water, and wood that you would have to place on the beast yourself.

beast did have there numbers but I don't recall having hasbro lable on them.

I think they only made from series 1.

I might be going to Greece in a month or two to visit relatives. I might be lucky and find some at a thrift store.

WOW!!! :p

Thanks for all that sweet info!!! :)

IF you go to Greece and score some...please keep me in mind. ;) :D

Hey, if you get a chance, update your "My Controls" and all your info (B-day, Location, and personal photo)! ;)

Thanks,
TGB

#9 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 15 April 2005 - 02:50 PM

Hey, if you get a chance, update your "My Controls" and all your info (B-day, Location, and personal photo)! :)

Thanks,
TGB

Where ya been man? Dusk's had that info in his "My Controls" section for a while now! :p

BTW, thanks for the info there Dusk!!! ;) ;)
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#10 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:08 PM

Finally there is the picture of the strange #1 from my brother's collection :

Posted Image

Sylvain

#11 Hydra

Hydra

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 12:11 PM

I have a few Greek beasts in my collection that I don't really need, if anyone's interested in buying. Yeah, I thought they were prototypes as well. But sure enough, they're in those same Greek beast colors as have been previously cited here.

-Hydra

#12 jacques_chie

jacques_chie

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 04:24 PM

WOWWW beautiful specimen !! :blink:
Posted Image

Jacques_chie (capitaine.pam@hotmail.fr) "ebayeur"

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com