Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Japanese translator for Kinnikuman manga?

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#51 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:40 AM

I think what made the scene so great is that I don't know if this happened to him ever again. He seems like a huge body all the time and all of a sudden he's broken up and everyone's stealing his bones. Plus, it just feels natural for a skeleton man to have...a physical malfunction.

What Ataru's been up to lately:
Posted Image
Well someone has to keep her in line.

#52 Aelia

Aelia

Spess Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:34 PM

I think what made the scene so great is that I don't know if this happened to him ever again. He seems like a huge body all the time and all of a sudden he's broken up and everyone's stealing his bones. Plus, it just feels natural for a skeleton man to have...a physical malfunction.

Perhaps he should've invested in some ligaments to go with his bones and tendons. :)

#53 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:11 PM

Okay, I'm probably over-reacting about this.. but I'm kinda iffy about using any more dub names or translating the Japanese names. D=;; Maybe it's just me.. but I want to see the names as they originally were. Maybe we should have a vote on this before we do any future chapters?

#54 Noodles Loves You

Noodles Loves You

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:27 PM

Uh hey, probably not the most interesting thing to say in a first post, but the geocities links aren't working, so are there any mirrors for 15 & 19?

#55 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:29 PM

Perhaps he should've invested in some ligaments to go with his bones and tendons. :)

His race probably forgot to evolve ligaments. I guess his planet doesn't need them. Who needs ligaments when you have...BONES!? :p

Posted Image

#56 Aelia

Aelia

Spess Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:23 PM

His race probably forgot to evolve ligaments. I guess his planet doesn't need them. Who needs ligaments when you have...BONES!? :p

Or maybe their early ancestors had ligaments but they eventually evolved beyond the need for them! 8O

#57 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:51 AM

Uh hey, probably not the most interesting thing to say in a first post, but the geocities links aren't working, so are there any mirrors for 15 & 19?

Sorry about that. I've uploaded chapter 19 here: https://rcpt.yousend...37bcec2915f8afd

#58 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:40 AM

Thanks for another quick release, Knuxie.

Oh, I didn't get to mention it yesterday but the first chp. of the Choujin Olympics arc is on! Will Suguru represent Japan in the esteemed tournament? Will Japan even take part!? And who is the mysterious English champion known as Robin Mask?

http://mangahelpers....ead.php?t=39216

Posted Image

#59 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:40 AM

Feel free to upload the ones I've edited to wherever you want-- as long as the credits arn't changed and nothing's charged. And post the links here.

Ataru, I like your new avatar. :)
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#60 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:44 AM

Feel free to upload the ones I've edited to wherever you want-- as long as the credits arn't changed and nothing's charged. And post the links here.

Ataru, I like your new avatar. :)

Yeah, Mayumi's grown on me from the chapter's I've translated: powerful yet insane...not to his son or grandson's extent but in his own bizarre way.

While I'm at it, another chapter translation this way! What will be the first Choujin Olympic event? And...what exactly are a lot of these new guys anyway? (seriously: Kintaman? Koubellman? RAMENMAN!?!?!?)

http://mangahelpers....ead.php?t=39257

Edit: and here's another completed chapter with the second Choujin preliminary! As if lifting weights were one thing, these guys have to lift up tons of Kaijuu bulk!
http://mangahelpers....d.php?p=1032535

Edited by SoldierAtaru, 18 September 2008 - 12:05 PM.

Posted Image

#61 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:46 AM

Well I know it's a double post but I got one more script for the end of the week. And trust me, this final preliminary is messed up...and I'm not just talking about the whole matter of who can breath in space!

http://mangahelpers....d.php?p=1034376

Posted Image

#62 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:12 PM

You guys need to look into requesting it up at OneManga

Edited by Stecase King, 19 September 2008 - 01:27 PM.

Posted Image

#63 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:23 PM

If we do it, we do it in conjunction with Toriyama World. That's how I see it.

Posted Image

#64 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:09 PM

Of course. I just brought it up because they don't host series that have been dropped, which is why they refused to upload Kinnikuman before.

Anyhow, I'd like to help with editing the text onto the scans. I did a few pages for an example of my work. I think they turned out pretty good.
http://i2.photobucke...12345/20_02.jpg
http://i2.photobucke...12345/02_05.jpg

I only did the first few pages for practice since somebody's probably already working on 20. Once I get some feedback, I can start helping. I figure if more people are helping, it'll get done faster. (and there's a LOT of manga to get through, and you're translating fast)

Edited by Stecase King, 19 September 2008 - 06:10 PM.

Posted Image

#65 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:18 PM

Of course. I just brought it up because they don't host series that have been dropped, which is why they refused to upload Kinnikuman before.

Anyhow, I'd like to help with editing the text onto the scans. I did a few pages for an example of my work. I think they turned out pretty good.
http://i2.photobucke...12345/20_02.jpg
http://i2.photobucke...12345/02_05.jpg

I only did the first few pages for practice since somebody's probably already working on 20. Once I get some feedback, I can start helping. I figure if more people are helping, it'll get done faster. (and there's a LOT of manga to get through, and you're translating fast)

I like it but I think I would have kept the whole "Suguru Egawa" is whom Kinniku Suguru is named after...mostly since I read somewhere his brother is "Ataru Egawa"...and...well, Ok, when we get to the Throne arc is makes sense.

Posted Image

#66 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:29 AM

I like it but I think I would have kept the whole "Suguru Egawa" is whom Kinniku Suguru is named after...mostly since I read somewhere his brother is "Ataru Egawa"...and...well, Ok, when we get to the Throne arc is makes sense.

Yeah, I wasn't too happy with cutting it, myself.

Anyway, as long as I have your approval, I'll start working on 21.
Posted Image

#67 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:40 AM

I was gonna wait for Theorgg to do some more chapters and then I'd do the SFX, but he only has the comp certain ammount of days.

.. So, um.. Stecase, if you want me to do SFX for you, I can do that if you want. XD

#68 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:25 AM

I was gonna wait for Theorgg to do some more chapters and then I'd do the SFX, but he only has the comp certain ammount of days.

.. So, um.. Stecase, if you want me to do SFX for you, I can do that if you want. XD

If you want to, go ahead.

Anyhow, here's chapter 21: Hot shrimp-on-shrimp action
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=70YJCAKQ

That's version 2. I went back and added credits and fixed a few lines I wasn't happy with. (also had to go back and change Rocky and Skull Diggery to their English names, which happens to make the later's name fit in the bubble a lot better)

btw, we really need a translation glossary since multiple people are doing it. For example, I have "Rocky" refer to "Skull Duggery" as "Master" as opposed to "teacher" because they strike me as having a very master-apprentice relationship. (I can't confirm what Teorgg uses, since his chapters are mostly down at the moment)

Edited by fuzzbuster, 24 January 2012 - 11:32 AM.

Posted Image

#69 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:15 PM

I don't wanna ruin the quality of the images by resaving them after editing, so I won't worry about the SFX. I know some mangas leave the SFX in Japanese anyway.

#70 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:30 PM

I don't wanna ruin the quality of the images by resaving them after editing, so I won't worry about the SFX. I know some mangas leave the SFX in Japanese anyway.

If you really want to, I can save them as PNG from now on. (or better yet, a Photoshop source file) Then you can convert them into JPEG when you're done.
Posted Image

#71 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:27 PM

If you want to, go ahead.

Anyhow, here's chapter 21: Hot shrimp-on-shrimp action
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=70YJCAKQ

That's version 2. I went back and added credits and fixed a few lines I wasn't happy with. (also had to go back and change Rocky and Skull Diggery to their English names, which happens to make the later's name fit in the bubble a lot better)

btw, we really need a translation glossary since multiple people are doing it. For example, I have "Rocky" refer to "Skull Duggery" as "Master" as opposed to "teacher" because they strike me as having a very master-apprentice relationship. (I can't confirm what Teorgg uses, since his chapters are mostly down at the moment)

Wow that turned out neat! Released it on Mangahelpers.

Edited by fuzzbuster, 24 January 2012 - 11:33 AM.

Posted Image

#72 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:43 PM

Wow that turned out neat! Released it on Mangahelpers.

Ah, thanks.

I mostly finished 23, but I have some questions about your translation before I can finalize it:

1. I can't make heads or tails of what Kinnikuman's trying to say with the "cheap" line. (so I just adlibbed it until I can figure out what it actually means)

2. What's Natsuko talking about at the end about sleeping with someone else's wife?

Anyhow, here's the beta release of Chapter 23, with the original Photoshop files included. Once I get an explanation about the two above lines, (and maybe some feedback) I can finalize it.

EDIT: 25 had no snags like 23 did, so here's that, too.

Kinnikuman chapter 25: It was tempting to localize Okamarous' name into "Trannysaurus", but I decided not to.
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=YONA2X6J

That chapter was a royal pain due to how many narrow text bubbles there were. The quality reflects this.

Edited by fuzzbuster, 24 January 2012 - 11:33 AM.

Posted Image

#73 Sacola Man

Sacola Man

Brazilian Choujin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:55 PM

wow
very nice
and this will help me on portuguese translation =D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#74 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:27 AM

Damn!

Knuxie has my version of Chapter 20 and 21 in her e-mail box waiting for sfx-ization-- I wrote the sfx on the text where it; I've got two pages of the Giant Natsuko chapter to go before the text in it is finished.

And I used "Master" for Skullduggery, too. And it's "duggery," and his name is one word. Some parts I didn't understand I took a little bit of liberty with, though... I hope ya'll like it when Knuxie finishes with it.

Also, use .zip files instead of .rar files, please? Public computers typically dont' have winrar.

And Knuxie, I don't have INTERNET access through the weekend-- I've got a computer at home with MSPaint on it, and a USB dongle.

Edited by theorgg, 22 September 2008 - 05:29 AM.

Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#75 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:00 AM

For those waiting for those translations, I apologize for not getting back to you regarding this. I don't even know if I translated it or not and may try to do it within the next day or so. Maybe it is translated but I can't even remember anymore since once I finish one chapter I move on to the next one.

BTW: wondering which chapter release we're going to submit eventually to Onemanga? And furthermore...when will we get a chp. 20?

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com