• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

I'm not an expert on Boglins so maybe you guys could help with this. I have a small Boglin that came with a little cage you could put him in, that I got in the late '80s I think. He is just a tiny bit bigger than one of the solid rubber Mini Boglins, but his arms are poseable, he's made of a semi-soft plastic and he has a chain that you can attach to his arm. The inside of his body is hollow (shown in the last pic). The cage and Boglin are marked Arco, and the Boglin is also marked with "Seven Towns Ltd., Clarke, Trotto and Mass."

I did a search and couldn't find info on this particular type of Boglin. Anyone know if there is a place where there is more info and what this particular line of Boglins is called? I seem to remember "Pet Boglins" but I could just be making that up, and a search for that doesn't turn anything up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#2 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

This has come up before, and I don't think it was ID'd then.

http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=215461

For what it's worth, I don't think it's a Boglin at all.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#3 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

For what it's worth, I don't think it's a Boglin at all.

Hmm, I was thinking that could be the case, but he sure looks like a Boglin. Maybe it was a knockoff line. I wish I saved the package.

#4 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

If that is not a boglin it sure as hell is one of the best bootlegs and most blatent rip-off of a boglin i have ever seen. Looks like it's really nice quality as well.

#5 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

It may be a Boglin, Seven Towns LTD did the Boglins and they did work for other toylines like Milton Bradly and Hasbo. They could of done a cheap Boglin with ARCO.

Edited by Ericnilla, 07 April 2012 - 06:22 PM.

#6 eightystoynut

eightystoynut

Team BATTLEBEASTS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:80's Action Figures and mostly BB/LB

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

hey fkro you wanna sell/trade for him?

#7 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

hey fkro you wanna sell/trade for him?

I think I'm going to hang onto him for now. :)

#8 eightystoynut

eightystoynut

Team BATTLEBEASTS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:80's Action Figures and mostly BB/LB

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

I think I'm going to hang onto him for now. :)

:cray: Ok keep me in mind if you ever decide to let me give him a GOOD home :good:

#9 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

Man, this guy takes me back! I recall going to TrU in the late 80's and seeing one of these exact figures. As far as I know he's an "official" boglins figure, as I vaguely remember seeing the legit logo somewhere on the packaging. I wanted him soooo badly but couldn't buy him that day, and the next time my parents took me back he was long gone :(
I've been looking for one on boglins image archives in the intervening time, but this is the first time I've seen one that matches my memory! Sorry I don't have any actual ID info for you.. but I can assure you it's not a bootleg!

#10 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

Man, this guy takes me back! I recall going to TrU in the late 80's and seeing one of these exact figures. As far as I know he's an "official" boglins figure, as I vaguely remember seeing the legit logo somewhere on the packaging. I wanted him soooo badly but couldn't buy him that day, and the next time my parents took me back he was long gone :(
I've been looking for one on boglins image archives in the intervening time, but this is the first time I've seen one that matches my memory! Sorry I don't have any actual ID info for you.. but I can assure you it's not a bootleg!

Yeah, I am pretty sure mine came from TRU and I don't recall seeing them sold anywhere else. And the more I think about it the more sure I am as well that it was sold as an actual Boglin. "Pet Boglin" is still coming to me for some reason but I still don't remember for sure. I am honestly surprised there's not more info out there on these.

#11 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

Well maybe it was only a US release~? i know boglins are a lot bigger in the UK, but maybe they didnt get this guy there. Thats why you dont see him pop up. Any Boglin archive is from the UK, dont know if i have came across any from here in the states. I actually dont even remember boglins here as a kid. :unknw:

#12 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:35 AM

Well maybe it was only a US release~? i know boglins are a lot bigger in the UK, but maybe they didnt get this guy there. Thats why you dont see him pop up. Any Boglin archive is from the UK, dont know if i have came across any from here in the states. I actually dont even remember boglins here as a kid. :unknw:

Yeah, that could be. I have noticed all types of Boglin stuff seems to be a lot more popular among UK collectors. Back in the day I remember seeing Boglins in the stores for a pretty short period of time and I don't think any other kids I knew were even into them. I got this one and one of the regular large Boglins (which I also still have somewhere--need to find that guy).

#13 bizrebellion

bizrebellion

<< Minifig Lover >>

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Interests:BOGLINS in any shape or size,Minifig's, rockin' out on my guitars, my fiancee and my kids and bootsales (for the LRG's) x¬D

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

i LOVE Boglins :D

as a kid i had a load of mini Boglins (still have 2 of them) but was never aloud to have any others, but now i have lots :devil:

never did own one of these guys though, but im still gonna keep hunting them down, there was 3 of these 'figure' type in all.

Posted Image

#14 Molamola790

Molamola790

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:34 AM

I have all 3 of them.

#15 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:25 AM

I have all 3 of them.

So there's only 3 different varieties of these particular Boglins? Please post photos here if you have a chance.

I just realized the photo links in my original post are dead, but since then I did a blog post that includes the photos of the one I own: http://www.littlewei...in-by-arco.html

#16 Jamesmate

Jamesmate

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:03 AM

(Editing an old post)

Yeah this guy is a legit part of the Boglin line, there were 3 of this type simply known in the boglin collecting world as Arco Boglins

Here's a photo of the inside of mine, it says 'Seven Towns LTD, Clarke Trotto and Mass 1987, Arco'

Also added a photo of the packaging showing the cage they came with too

Attached Files

Edited by Jamesmate, 09 October 2015 - 04:12 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com