ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

I'd like to dedicate this thread to archiving quality scans of the various paper inserts that originally came packaged with BB and LB items. For the uber-collectors I'm sure this will be nothing too exciting, but I have a particular fondness for inserts and instruction booklets and always enjoy seeing them for the first time when opening boxes. If we could keep this thread alive, this could eventually be a great archive of high-quality images depicting the artwork and photos printed on these often discarded or destroyed pieces of paper.

To get things started, here is the Autobot v, Decepticon Beastformers checklist insert with three varying narrations and in different colors.

Posted Image

Click Here to Download High-Resolution PNGs of These Images

These came with the original single boxed BB figures released in Japan, and while I had seen photos of the first image of the "cover" (Leo vs. Gator) I wasn't aware that there were variations of the other side for the different release series so opening them came as a complete surprise to me! These were pulled out of JP boxes for series C,D, and E, but I'm curious if there are more color variations of this insert for A, B, and the 'jungle' series?

If anyone would like to see higher quality scans I have these individually at higher resolution. I'll be posting more as I get time until I have nothing more to scan and share. ;)

Edited by bachamn, 14 March 2013 - 04:51 PM.

#2 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

Here are some more small inserts from JP boxes. These are each the size of an individual trading card.
Posted Image
Left: Appears to be a teaser advertisement for Laser Beasts. If I remember correctly, this was packaged with the Clear Carp 6-pack.

Center: "Sorry you loose. Try again." card that was available at the same time as the sunburst sticker card. This insert came from a single figure JP BB box, possibly series D.

Right: "Sorry you loose. Try again." card that was available at the same time as the Stone Cobra hologram card. This insert came from a single figure JP BB box, possibly series C.

*thanks to lord for helping with the descriptions! :thumbsup:

Edited by bachamn, 13 March 2013 - 07:21 AM.

#3 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

Any chance you can provide bigger scans atleast 1500x or more in size?
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#4 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:56 AM

Hey man, this is ridiculously appreciated. It helps keep the brand alive!
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#5 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:20 AM

Here are some more small inserts from JP boxes. These are each the size of an individual trading card.
Posted Image
Left: Appears to be a teaser advertisement for Laser Beasts. If I remember correctly, this was packaged with the Clear Carp 6-pack.

Center: Advertisement for the White Leo phone card. This insert came from a single figure JP BB box, possibly series D.

Right: Advertisement for white leo hologram card. This insert came from a single figure JP BB box, possibly series C.

The middle one is the "Sorry you loose. Try again." card that was available at the same time as the sunburst sticker card.
The right one is the "Sorry you loose. Try again." card that was available at the same time as the Stone Cobra card.

#6 Glock

Glock

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:19 AM

Sorry you lose. Thats right the 80s were ruthless.

Edited by Glock, 13 March 2013 - 06:19 AM.

#7 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

Any chance you can provide bigger scans atleast 1500x or more in size?

Sure! I was hesitant to embed anything too big since I particularly don't like waiting forever for images to load in threads, but I'll post some zip files with higher-res scans later so everyone can download them. ;)

The middle one is the "Sorry you loose. Try again." card that was available at the same time as the sunburst sticker card.
The right one is the "Sorry you loose. Try again." card that was available at the same time as the Stone Cobra card.

Appreciated! I really wasn't sure what those were. I'll update the descriptions in my original post for accuracy.

#8 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

First one says "Appearance of a mysterious creature? Friend or Foe?"

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#9 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

Added a link full-res PNGs of the checklist/storyline scans to the first post in this thread! I'll do the same in subsequent posts if necessary.

Also, while this isn't technically an insert, have you ever wondered what the little foot sticker on the Japanese beasts says? I did, though I had a suspicion...

Posted Image

"chuugokusei" or 'Made in China'

Suspicion confirmed. :lol:

#10 organicbeets

organicbeets

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

this is a bit strange, and kinda funny...so the japanese beasts, just like almost everything else, were made in china...lol

#11 Skullcruncher

Skullcruncher

Transformer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

Great work Bachamn, heres another one for the list. Something about the hologram card?

Attached Files

Edited by Skullcruncher, 15 March 2013 - 08:04 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com