38 replies to this topic

#1 Wraith

Wraith

alive and kickin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 08:49 PM

if you wanted a purple claw but missed out last time, this auction contains another one of these which, until recently, were thought to be non-existant.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...20&category=348
......Posted Image....................................................
Petition to Get Generation 1 to USA
What I'm selling on Ebay

#2 SpectreSuperSix5

SpectreSuperSix5

I am not a number. I'm a free man

• Old Guard
  • 2598 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, M.U.S.C.L.E., Xbox 360, firearms, grilling, muscle cars, zombies, and Cartoon Network.

Posted 16 January 2003 - 10:30 PM

I put a bid in on it, but would be willing to get that claw to someone if they wanted it and could help me out with the price of the auction. I just want the muscles to build up my collection. I've got bids on like 6 different lots, but always seem to get sniped right at the last minute. It's so damn frustrating e+

PS - I noticed that there's a purple tortle in there too!
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

#3 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 11:17 PM

This is amazing! :o The second sighting of the Purple Claw #153. I believe DocMoore would be seriously interested in this lot. Doc, you must win this! It also has a Purple Sunshine #3!!! e+ Isn't this one figure that you do need, or is it just the Magenta? If you do win this, and you do not need the Purple Sunshine #3, can I buy him from you? Or anyone that wins this auction??? e+ I already have a Purple Claw, so go get it my friends! :)

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#4 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 11:22 PM

As you can see, it's only a matter of time before the figures that seemed to be nonexistant show up on ebay. If you think about it, I'm sure you will agree that our Super Rares and Rares will show up once again. This is the second Purple Claw, but I'm sure there were thousands made. And Blackhole Sunshine and Spinning Head Ashurman... I'm sure they made more than just a few. They're out there my friends, it is our job to find them. e+

It's only a matter of time... e+

:)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#5 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 17 January 2003 - 06:44 AM

I promised the next purple claw to my boy beligerant, however, I would appreciate it if he wants to trade or sell me the purple sunshine figure. Just a warning to other members of the board, when it comes to sniper time if I see any name except DAMHSL you will be sniped. Not because I am an a-hole but because this auction has at least two figures that I have been keeping my eye out for a LONG time.

#6 SpectreSuperSix5

SpectreSuperSix5

• Old Guard
  • 2598 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, M.U.S.C.L.E., Xbox 360, firearms, grilling, muscle cars, zombies, and Cartoon Network.

Posted 17 January 2003 - 08:05 AM

okay, looks like i can write this one off e+

#7 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 09:12 AM

Aggh.....Doc....that sux, bro!!!

I'm current High Bidder (found the lot last night)......

Sorry Specter, didn't know that was you I just outbid!

uhh, if the Purple Claw means THAT MUCH to ya Doc, don't snipe me, I would offer it up willingly......

let's let the lot go cheap, I'll give the claw to you.....seriously!!!

I could care less....I already have ONE claw....I just wanted the other stuff.......

if ya still wanna snipe me, that's cool, I only bid fifty cents more......but I wouldn't mind having a few of them meself......

Also, if you leave it alone, I'll give YOU the Purple Sunshine!!!

I really only want the Arch Sunshines, the blue guys, and a few of the red ones.....

#8 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 09:30 AM

Okay guys, here's some advice. Since the board is not the only group of bidders for MUSCLE items on eBay, I suggest you put together a plan. Figure out who wants what, and how much you are willing to spend MAX on this lot. Then have Taichi bid that total amount. It may never get that high, but it will keep you from getting sniped by someone else. And then just split the costs once the lot arrives.

Just my two cents.

#9 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 09:50 AM

Yeah, I had already put this auction on my watch list. This looks like it will be a pretty popular lot for a lot of us on this board.

#10 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 09:54 AM

That's a great idea, Johnny. I'd be willing to pitch in for that purple Tortle. Is anyone else interested in doing that combined-bidding idea?

-Nathan

#11 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 10:06 AM

I want beligerant to talk to me before I decide anything because if there is anyone on the board who wants or deserves it more than me, it is him. For newer members that were not here, the purple claw <snipped - Doc, Do you really want to give out that info to a possible shill bidder? - Johnny>. I am determined to win him. The purple #3 sunshine is almost as important. As far as the rest of the lot goes, I could care a less. Nothing important to me. Taichi if your max bid is only 50 cents more, I am certain you will get outbid without me having to outbid you. I am willing to work out a deal of a few people want a few of the figs. If you are looking for arch sunshines, I have a magenta, and a salmon, maybe even a fleshie I'd have to look. As mentioned in my previous post I will bid not because I am mean but because these two figs are important to me. The previous auctions with the purple claw brought in a pretty penny, I am hoping this one does not catch so much attention. Now that there has been a few auctions with him I hope he is not so popular. I still need him though.

#12 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 10:08 AM

Ok since everybody on the board is eager to share this one. Why not let me bid high and win it, I promise to release the muscles other than the ones I have mentioned. The only reason I want to win it is because I am not afraid to bid high. I want to make sure I win it. Sound fair? Purple tortle, arch figures and others will be sent out respectively.

#13 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 10:09 AM

Johnny does make a good point. I wasn't interested in the colored figures. I'm still trying to just build a collection of fleshies.

#14 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 10:13 AM

Ok since everybody on the board is eager to share this one. Why not let me bid high and win it, I promise to release the muscles other than the ones I have mentioned. The only reason I want to win it is because I am not afraid to bid high. I want to make sure I win it. Sound fair? Purple tortle, arch figures and others will be sent out respectively.

I'd agree to that.

#15 SpectreSuperSix5

SpectreSuperSix5

• Old Guard
  • 2598 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 10:17 AM

taichi! after i just drove 16 miles round trip to get you a robin mask :lol:

#16 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 10:18 AM

Hey guys, check out the description, he mentions he is not selling 25 of the figures pictured. Why put them in the picture then I wonder? I emailed him but did not get a response yet. If the figs I need are not part of the auction i may retract my wanting to bid on this lot.

#17 SpectreSuperSix5

SpectreSuperSix5

• Old Guard
  • 2598 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 10:23 AM

yeah, that'd be a good reason to retract....what a stooge he is

#18 SpectreSuperSix5

SpectreSuperSix5

• Old Guard
  • 2598 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 10:26 AM

are you sure he isn't selling 25 of em? the way i read it is....

All except for the bottom 25 (see pix) I labeled with their correct numbers

I think it should say "All except the bottom 25, I have labeled with their correct numbers."

Maybe I'm just a dumbass though. :lol:

#19 SpectreSuperSix5

SpectreSuperSix5

• Old Guard
  • 2598 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 10:29 AM

just an after thought, when he said "he labeled" I hope he didn't write the numbers on each guy....maybe someone should ask him before winning them all and having them all have writing on them?

#20 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 10:41 AM

It looks like he labeled all except the last 25 and then he lists the numbers in no particular order for the last 25 figures. Inlcuded in that bunch would be the purple #153. I think it was just a poorly phrased paragraph. And, yeah, I'd not be happy if this guy actually wrote the numbers on the figures. I seriously doubt he do such a dumb thing.

#21 SpectreSuperSix5

SpectreSuperSix5

• Old Guard
  • 2598 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 10:44 AM

hey doc moore, if you are gonna bid high on this, and then give out whatever to whomever, let me know what you've got left in the lot and I'll make you an offer for them...as long as they're not written on, hehe

#22 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 10:53 AM

Yeah, I'm interested in the fleshies only. Of course, that is assuming this guy hasn't marked on the figures.

#23 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 10:57 AM

Now that I read it again, I think you guys are right. I just read it wrong. What a dork I am.

#24 EVOM

EVOM

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 11:20 AM

Hmmmm......I`ve been looking for #3 in purple since the colored figs first came out, I guess that would make me an A-hole as well. :lol: (If I bid)

#25 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 03:49 PM

Okay, I'm out.....anybody wants to outbid me, just bid a dollar more than the high bid.....

as for you, Doc, It's no problem at all.....I never expected to actually win (I hadn't noticed the claw in the lot, I bid before I even saw this post.....then I found the post, was excited that another Purple Claw had been found, and clicked the link......imagine my surprise when MY lot came up! :lol:)

it's no biggie......I do want the arches, but it's not an important thing....

SPECTRE.....worry not, I still need the RM, and will be sending payment ASAP!!!!

Thanks for going out of your way for me......your money will be sent as soon as I have a total (For shipping)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com