Apricot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:painting, music, film, cream cheese

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:01 AM

Company: Romandoh

Packaging: Blister pack. Like Ashuraman, I had to tear open Beauty’s package. I just threw it away

Where Can I Buy It?: Bought this guy on eBay awhile back…

Price Range: $10 (I think I might have gotten him for 8 before shipping)

Sculpt (1.5 out of 5):
This figure is rotocast and VERY lightweight. Cheap feeling

After holding him in my hands and looking the sculpt doesn’t look all that cool either. Definitely looked better on a computer image of the sealed package :D

His shoulders slope too much so his arms are too far down from his head. Looks crappy

A plus is that he looks like he was definitely sculpted from the original manga artwork… I can see the early Kinnikuman style in his look

Paint (1 out of 5)
Boring… and there are jagged lines on areas like his knee pads and such.

Articulation (1 out of 5):
Almost no articulation. His shoulders rotate 180 degrees and his elbows rotate (but don’t bend). And his hips rotate… but not very far. I pulled off the right leg when I moved it just a little…

I can't make him stand up without falling almost instantly because his legs dont bend.

Accessories (1 out of 5):
He comes with an extra head that matches the face that is on the little original Beauty Rhodes sculpt. However, the original head feels about impossible to pull off… I’m afraid I won’t be able to get the masked one back on so I have just left it

Coolness (1.5 out of 5):
I’m biased here because I am a big Dusty Rhodes fan from back in the day and sadly this is about the most realistic Dusty figure I have seen. But this figure really isn’t cool at all. It pretty much sucks

Value (1 out of 5):
If you pay more than a couple bucks for this guy, you are getting ripped off.

Overall (1 out of 5):
This figure is the same as one of my favorite M.U.S.C.L.E. figures as a kid that we actually called Dusty Rhodes. That’s about the only positive point I see for this guy.

Good points – You can have a cartoon Dusty Rhodes give a bionic elbow to Kinnikuman

Negative points – Ugly, crappy paint, no articulation, cheap feeling, doesn’t stand up right…

Overall I see myself tossing this one in the trash one day when I clean out my closet! :wacko:

Attached Files

#2 Apricot

Apricot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:painting, music, film, cream cheese

Posted 05 April 2007 - 08:00 PM

Some better photos:

Posted Image

Bring it on!