Posted Image

I smell a bid war

#3 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:58 AM

maybe, it looks kinda beat up and is missing several pieces including the exclusive figures that came with it (figures)..still would be cool to display some figures tho.

Edited by gilgar, 16 February 2008 - 10:08 AM.

Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#4 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:12 AM

maybe, it looks kinda beat up and is missing several pieces including the exclusive figures that came with it (figures)..still would be cool to display some figures tho.

Missing figures or not, that display will be on my shelf next month ;)

#5 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:31 AM

Posted Image

oh, and I didn't mean to imply it wasn't worth buying, only that I didn't think there would be a real crazy bid war. Someone had been selling a complete set for awhile on YJP but I guess it either finally sold or the guy gave up--can't remember the price but it wasn't too outrageous.

Edited by gilgar, 16 February 2008 - 10:35 AM.

Posted Image

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#6 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:03 PM

Posted Image

oh, and I didn't mean to imply it wasn't worth buying, only that I didn't think there would be a real crazy bid war. Someone had been selling a complete set for awhile on YJP but I guess it either finally sold or the guy gave up--can't remember the price but it wasn't too outrageous.

what would be a good price for one complete~? its been along time since ive seen one.

#7 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:52 PM

They usually sell in the ballpark of $100 and it's pretty rare to find one of these complete. Sometimes if you're patient you can get a good deal though, I got one a few months back only missing the ring ropes and hanging announcers mic as far as I can tell for about $15 + fees and shipping.
Kinnikuman Colliseum
-Barry

#8 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 01:25 PM

damn! what a deal!
Posted Image

#9 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 01:34 PM

The MIB ones I have bough have all cost me close to $150 on YJP. The loose ones vary based on completeness and condition.

Barry, THAT was the score of a lifetime! :lol: Good condition and not much yellowing. Only issue is the melted spots.

Which reminds me, Phillinley, if you get one, don't display your eraser rubber keshi on it. They melt the plastic. Put MUSCLEs in it instead.

#10 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 16 February 2008 - 02:25 PM

I have one of these and I love it!!!!!!! :lol:
It is the best way to display your muscle.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:38 PM

The MIB ones I have bough have all cost me close to $150 on YJP. The loose ones vary based on completeness and condition.

Barry, THAT was the score of a lifetime! -_- Good condition and not much yellowing. Only issue is the melted spots.

Which reminds me, Phillinley, if you get one, don't display your eraser rubber keshi on it. They melt the plastic. Put MUSCLEs in it instead.

Seriously? So does this apply to all plastic display choices, or just this set? Cause I have a lot of my keshi's on display on a plastic platform right now.

#12 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:04 PM

Barry, THAT was the score of a lifetime! -_- Good condition and not much yellowing. Only issue is the melted spots.

Seriously? So does this apply to all plastic display choices, or just this set? Cause I have a lot of my keshi's on display on a plastic platform right now.

The eraser rubber has a tendency to melt hard acrylic stuff. Some sort of chemical reaction. If you happen to get n original capsule that one was in, you'll see where they melt pock marks everywhere they were touching the plastic. The colloseum on YJP now has a few if you look at the pics closely. Usually the footrints and whre the elbows hit the dividers.

#13 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:33 PM

Barry, THAT was the score of a lifetime! :lol: Good condition and not much yellowing. Only issue is the melted spots.

The eraser rubber has a tendency to melt hard acrylic stuff. Some sort of chemical reaction. If you happen to get n original capsule that one was in, you'll see where they melt pock marks everywhere they were touching the plastic. The colloseum on YJP now has a few if you look at the pics closely. Usually the footrints and whre the elbows hit the dividers.

It's due to acetone in the rubber, there's a thread on it here: I'm melting Posted Image

Edited by gilgar, 16 February 2008 - 11:38 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:23 AM

Barry, THAT was the score of a lifetime! :) Good condition and not much yellowing. Only issue is the melted spots.

It's due to acetone in the rubber, there's a thread on it here: I'm melting Posted Image

I've asked this before and I don't think anybody knew/answered: Can kinkeshi plastic melt MUSCLE plastic and other keshi?

Uh, guess I should let the page that you linked to load before I replied in this thread... :lol:

Edited by Soupie, 17 February 2008 - 08:28 AM.

Posted Image

#15 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:46 AM

AHHH I missed the bid! CURSE YOU SNOW STORM THAT KEPT ME AWAY FROM A COMPUTER ALL NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

How often do these things show up on YJP? The dang thing sold for $15 and I'm just kicking myself now I couldn't get to a comp in time. I know it was somebody on here too cause there were no bids until Gilgar posted it in sightings and all of a sudden a crescent bid pops up. So I got two questions for the winner. Where is your weather machine and can I borrow it the next time I need to keep people from bidding :lol:

#16 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:58 AM

It's awesome that even despite the interest this thread raised, the ring still went for only 15 bucks. That gives me hope that I'll be able to get one with little trouble in the future.

#17 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:10 PM

AHHH I missed the bid! CURSE YOU SNOW STORM THAT KEPT ME AWAY FROM A COMPUTER ALL NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

How often do these things show up on YJP? The dang thing sold for $15 and I'm just kicking myself now I couldn't get to a comp in time. I know it was somebody on here too cause there were no bids until Gilgar posted it in sightings and all of a sudden a crescent bid pops up. So I got two questions for the winner. Where is your weather machine and can I borrow it the next time I need to keep people from bidding :p

Hey, it was that Soupie bastitch that posted it :lol: He ruins everything :) I'm the bastitch that posted The DragonBall Z set in sighting that it looks like Boaconda was watching--Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:19 PM

They pop up fairly frequently, at least every month or two. Rarely do they go that cheap though, I can't believe that's 2 @ $15 each now!
-Barry

#19 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:26 PM

How often do these things show up on YJP? The dang thing sold for $15 and I'm just kicking myself now I couldn't get to a comp in time. I know it was somebody on here too cause there were no bids until Gilgar posted it in sightings and all of a sudden a crescent bid pops up. So I got two questions for the winner. Where is your weather machine and can I borrow it the next time I need to keep people from bidding :)

not sure how often they show up but the kanji to search for is: コロシアム which is colosseum but be sure to use it in the kinnikuman category or use キン肉コロシアム - kin meat colosseum for a general search :lol:

Edited by gilgar, 17 February 2008 - 12:30 PM.

Posted Image

#20 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:44 PM

I quite like this one too:

Attached File  col.jpg   131.93K   17 downloads

on YJP right now it's a shame it doesn't hold that many figures per platform though and at 5,000 Yen as the opener a little steep too...

Edited by matthewf1tz, 17 February 2008 - 01:45 PM.

Posted Image

#21 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:54 PM

I quite like this one too:

Attached File  col.jpg   131.93K   17 downloads

on YJP right now it's a shame it doesn't hold that many figures per platform though and at 5,000 Yen as the opener a little steep too...

5000 is not that much at all for me considering I already have the figures, I just needed the setup. Thanks for the spot!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com