- - - - -

The 1st LRG Tournament – Round 1 Review

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:08 AM

Round 1 has come to an end. I want to start by thanking everyone for their participation. I think we’ve got something fun for the entire board.

Attached is a PDF with the results of Round 1 and the match-ups for Round 2.
Attached File  MUSCLE___Round_1_Results.pdf   1.31MB   31 downloads

Round 1 Games
Region 1, Round 1, Game 1 - Winner #153
Region 1, Round 1, Game 2 - Winner #23
Region 1, Round 1, Game 3 - Winner #48
Region 1, Round 1, Game 4 - Winner #195
Region 1, Round 1, Game 5 - Winner #138
Region 1, Round 1, Game 6 – Winner#185
Region 1, Round 1, Game 7 – Winner#6
Region 1, Round 1, Game 8 – Winner#73

Region 2, Round 1, Game 1 - Winner #111
Region 2, Round 1, Game 2 - Winner #193
Region 2, Round 1, Game 3 – Winner #2
Region 2, Round 1, Game 4 – Winner #68
Region 2, Round 1, Game 5 – Winner #139
Region 2, Round 1, Game 6 – Winner #189
Region 2, Round 1, Game 7 – Winner #15
Region 2, Round 1, Game 8 – Winner #81

Region 3, Round 1, Game 1 - Winner #127
Region 3, Round 1, Game 2 - Winner #162
Region 3, Round 1, Game 3 - Winner #133
Region 3, Round 1, Game 4 - Winner #108
Region 3, Round 1, Game 5 - Winner #163
Region 3, Round 1, Game 6 - Winner #207
Region 3, Round 1, Game 7 - Winner #16
Region 3, Round 1, Game 8 - Winner #84

Region 4, Round 1, Game 1 - Winner SC
Region 4, Round 1, Game 2 – Winner #219
Region 4, Round 1, Game 3 – Winner #22
Region 4, Round 1, Game 4 – Winner #131
Region 4, Round 1, Game 5 – Winner #7
Region 4, Round 1, Game 6 – Winner #204
Region 4, Round 1, Game 7 – Winner #177
Region 4, Round 1, Game 8 – Winner #87

#2 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:12 AM

I think its kinda crappy you did'nt let the latest #60 vs #87 match go longer. There were only 22 votes,and it was close. Lately there has been at least 30 people voting. I smell conspiricy ! Conspiricy against the MEAT !

#3 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:30 AM

I don't understand why I can't get that PDF at all. Couldn't for the first one either. Get a "The file is damaged and could not be repaired" error every time.

#4 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:43 AM

Hmm... Same here on the .pdf. Bleh.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#5 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts
  • Interests:Shoot, too many to list.<br /><br />First and foremost...MY AMAZING WIFEY!!<br /><br />-Soccer<br />-Obviously a BIG TIME BEASTFORMERS collector!! <br />-NCAA Football...specifically <br /> *Boise State University<br /> *University Of Utah<br /> *Brigham Young University<br /> *University of Southern California<br /><br />-NFL -Buffalo Bills &amp; Raidernation<br />-I am a bit of a gymn junkie<br /> When I think of some more I will let ya know

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:56 AM

Worked for me... ^_^

It's way cool too Veers, thanks for taking the time to put this together making it with real brackets and everything! It's like a prequel to March Madness!! :p You Da Man!
Posted Image

Keepin' it real, keepin' it gangsta...Keepin' it Real Gangsta.

#6 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:02 AM

:p

Hwhat! I didn't even see that #60 was up for voting! I would have totally voted for #60! I get confused with all the titles, regions, and games! (I wish someone would have recommended putting the figures' number in the thread titles... :p )

Anyhow, thanks for running this tourny, Veers! It's been fun.

^_^
Posted Image

#7 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:11 AM

I wish someone would have recommended putting the figures' number in the thread titles.

Actually,you're right. That woulda made things alot less confusing.

#8 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:28 AM

I wish someone would have recommended putting the figures' number in the thread titles.

Actually,you're right. That woulda made things alot less confusing.

The more everyone complains about the tournament, the less likely someone will want to be a tournament holder and endure the headache of people bemoaning about how the tournament isn't run "just right". I'm just saying. ;)

Personally, I'm appreciative of Veers' efforts. Thanks, dude! :D

#9 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:37 AM

Well, not to say I'm not VERY appriciative of one of my favorite member's efforts, but the numbers in the title would be a decent idea. " (#388 vs 241)-The 6st LRG Tournament – Region 8, Round 5, Game 3 " would make it a little more clear what figures are on the thread, since many of us (I'd assume) arn't paying too much attention to the Region, Round, Game thing --though those are important, too. If the fighters are too much, possibly having the R,R,G in the thread itself and have "The Xth LRG Tournament- #XXX vs #YYY would work and then the R, R, G in the bottom part?

Or leave the titles as-is and have the combatants in the bottom part of the title? (Edit:actually, thinking about it, that'd probably be the best way. It'd look like this:

The 6st LRG Tournament – Region 8, Round 5, Game 3
M.U.S.C.L.E. #111 vs M.U.S.C.L.E. #222

Edited by theorgg, 21 February 2008 - 08:38 AM.

Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#10 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:56 AM

The more everyone complains about the tournament, the less likely someone will want to be a tournament holder and endure the headache of people bemoaning about how the tournament isn't run "just right". I'm just saying. ;)

What, you mean to imply that Veers actually might not care to hear our opinions?

:D
Posted Image

#11 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:20 AM

I didn’t think two open threads, that change roughly every 24 hours would be so confusing. ;)

To be honest, it was a very conscious decision not to put the figure numbers. I wanted people checking the thread. Here was my thinking:
1. If I see a figure I don’t care about, then I might not look.
2. If I don’t know which figures are pitted against each other, then I’m more likely to look.
3. If I look, then I’m more likely to vote and post.

I’m glad people are passionate about the tournament and care enough to bee-eye-itch. I think all of the bee-eye-itching, whining, and complaining will only make for better tournaments in the future.

This is probably the most inclusive activity that we have as a LRG group. You don’t need talent, skill, or even to be familiar with the figures - you simply vote on which figure is better. And since everyone has an opinion, everyone can vote.

#12 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:39 AM

And since everyone has an opinion, everyone can vote.

Yes, Zord knows opinions are never hard to come by on Internet forums.

To be honest, I don't really know the numbers of the figures. I know a few very special ones, like #189, #060, etc. I don't even know the Claw's number... Thus, I'd have to look at the thread to see which sculpts they were regardless.

But, if I wanted to go back later and check how a sculpt was doing or how a sculpt did, I just need to know it's number and I can find its thread lickity split. But anyhow, it's all just splitting hairs. It's fine and fun the way it is.

;)

PS-And I have made an effort to remember what region/game the figure was in, but tend to forget.

Edited by Soupie, 21 February 2008 - 09:41 AM.

Posted Image

#13 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:00 AM

I think this was super fun! I liked the titles Veers put up! I would rather be surprised about the match myself. ;) Putting the numbers up would take away the initial fun of the match! Sort of like you get when a wrestling match would get interrupted by Hulk Hogan or someone and a group of guys would come out and start beating up both competitors. :D

Posted Image

#14 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:48 AM

What's good about the #'s is that a particular tournament might get lost in the shuffle if you had just voted on 1 or 2 (when 4 polls were going at once).

#15 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:28 PM

Veers,
This was a great idea creating a tournament,I also think it is cool that you enjoy it enough to hear us bee-eye-itch.
That being said,Why didn't my little #60 Meat win!!!!!!!!!!!!!He is a much cooler figure!!!!!!!!and I demand a Re-Vote! :thumbsup:
I also think that tourney was cut to short. :lol:

:wub1: EAT

Edited by meatcutta78, 25 February 2008 - 06:03 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#16 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:44 PM

I want to thank Veers for doing the tourny. It is a great way to keep the community alive and kicking. THANKS AGAIN VEERS!!!! Excellent work!!!

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#17 rock-n-wrestling

rock-n-wrestling

Disaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:48 PM

Well I for one, applaud Veers for his efforts and IMO did a fine job of running them. Even though I dropped the ball and missed some of the voting due to not being here on time, I had fun with the voting I did get in on!!! It's really fun pitting some of my favorites against my "not so favorite" ones and find myself cheering when they win!!!! it's the POWER OF THE PINK!!!!

Thanks Veers for the fun Round 1, onto Round 2 for more Carnage!!!! :lol:
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Einstein

Posted Image

#18 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:02 AM

i have enjoyed it thus far, it has been interesting reading peoples opinions on individual muscles.

I have to thank the General for all his efforts in this as it has been a lot of fun

x X x
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#19 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:11 PM

i have enjoyed it thus far, it has been interesting reading peoples opinions on individual muscles.

I have to thank the General for all his efforts in this as it has been a lot of fun

x X x

I 2nd that :p Honor where honor is due . Its added to teh boards draw for sure.

Having looked over the past matches i can see that i missed a few.

Hawkman would have gotten my vote for sure :-(
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#20 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:45 PM

Hey are there any plans to do any follow up tournaments? i read on one of the posts talk of a BB tournament, that would be pretty cool, i dont collect BB (at the moment) but i love the little critters from my childhood they were awesome, although a lot of mines arms fell off, i cried when my Big Purple Headed Elephant's arm fell off.

And how about a muscle tag team championship? that would be cool bananas!!! :)
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#21 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:29 PM

I believe so.

I think after the M.U.S.C.L.E. tourney, WhiteLeo is running a BB one.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com