• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jet-Mech

Jet-Mech

The Man on the Silver Mountain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1531 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Monster In My Pocket, Gormiti, Trash Pack, other LRGs that may strike my fancy, and other stuff no-one else likely gives a damn about

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:17 PM

I had to do some laundry tonight, so I decided to see how it would affect some of my figures. A grimy green Teapack Man with a broken handle was an obvious choice, and he was joined by an absolutely filthy Neptune Man. I started the washing machine on warm, threw some liquid All into it, and waited for the agitator to fill. Then I tossed the laundry in, along with the figures.

When the cycle was complete, I took a look-see. The figures were not damaged any further, which was a good thing. However, Neptune Man was still dirty--though not to the degree he was before he went in--and Teapack Man still had grime on him. Some of said grime came off with a toothbrush, but other than some possible lightening, the washing machine had little effect on him, either.

I tried to take some before and after pictures, but they were absolute crap, so I had to delete them. But bottom line? Too much time for less than desirable results. Has anyone else had better luck with running M.U.S.C.L.E. through the washing machine?

Current collecting goal: obtain all 148 Monster In My Pocket Series 1 figures in regular colors (71.62% there)

So many toys, so little money!

#2 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:36 PM

Never. :) And what a waste of water to clean Muscles! Nice experiment though! :)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#3 Jet-Mech

Jet-Mech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1531 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Monster In My Pocket, Gormiti, Trash Pack, other LRGs that may strike my fancy, and other stuff no-one else likely gives a damn about

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:45 PM

And what a waste of water to clean Muscles!

If I wasn't washing a huge load of laundry, I wouldn't have fired up the machine!

Current collecting goal: obtain all 148 Monster In My Pocket Series 1 figures in regular colors (71.62% there)

#4 Prim

Prim

Village Idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:53 AM

I had alwasy wondered about that if it would work, Great effort Jet and nice to now know dont put Meat in with the underwear :lol:
Posted Image

#5 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:03 AM

i'll throw some in the washing over the weekend when the wife is not looking :lol:
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#6 Jet-Mech

Jet-Mech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1531 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:56 AM

I had alwasy wondered about that if it would work, Great effort Jet and nice to now know dont put Meat in with the underwear :woot:

:lol: at Meat and the underwear! Actually, these guys went in with the towels.

And Meat, as well as the others, will henceforth take their baths i warm water and dish soap.

i'll throw some in the washing over the weekend when the wife is not looking :devil:

Do you use powder or liquid laundry soap, Mischa? I think the powder might be more effective, but my ex-girlfriend was allergic to it, so I couldn't use it.

Edited by Jet-Mech, 20 December 2008 - 11:10 AM.

#7 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:10 AM

I had alwasy wondered about that if it would work, Great effort Jet and nice to now know dont put Meat in with the underwear ;)

:banana: at Meat and the underwear! Actually, these guys went in with the towels.

And Meat, as well as the others, will henceforth take their baths i warm water and dish soap.

i'll throw some in the washing over the weekend when the wife is not looking :banana:

Do you use powder or liquid laundry soap, Mischa? I think the powder might be more effective, but my girlfriend is allergic to it, so I can't use it.

My wife uses powder concentrate , and i threw a few in over the weekend , these guy's we not particularly dirty as all my good figures are close to mint , it's hard to say how well the washing did , but it did improve them some.

so Jet i don't think it'll be replacing my usual cleaning methods, with the washing machine just yet :banana:
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com