Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:35 AM

POPULAR

I finally decided to get around to scrapping my ancient collection thread, and starting anew. My tastes have changed, my dwelling has changed, and so naturally my collection has also changed. (By a whole lot.)

This isn't everything I have on display, but one of my displays is waiting on some risers to look really sharp. (Right now it just looks cluttered.) A few are just straight up dusty so I want to give them a little cleaning before posting. ;)

Attached File  collect1.jpg   65.68K   174 downloads

My Battle Beast collection, (which many of you have seen by now, I'm sure). One away from a totally complete set! (Including variants.)

Attached File  collect2.jpg   63.63K   167 downloads

Attached File  collect3.jpg   40.41K   77 downloads

Attached File  collect4.jpg   37.55K   77 downloads

A few pictures of my mini Pac Man display. My wife custom painted it for me, and I custom painted the Isz on the inside as a "psycho" Pac Man.

Attached File  collect5.jpg   46.41K   93 downloads

This picture didn't turn out, but due to the lighting of my place, I doubt it ever will. My Starcraft figures, (ON CARD!?), that I found in the wild for $10 a pop. Pretty sweet deal. My two favourite Transformers comic covers, and our Lego Dimensions stuff. (That's more of a family collection.)

Attached File  collect7.jpg   63.27K   107 downloads

My full detolf!

Attached File  collect8.jpg   77.79K   93 downloads

My Not-Abominus, (Unique Toys Ordin), with some BMOG, Candy Beast Wars figures, Decoys, etc.

Attached File  collect9.jpg   65.14K   80 downloads

One of my all-time favourite Transformers characters is Cosmos. (He's a goddamn UFO!) I currently have every sculpt of him ever made except for TWO! (Both Japanese variants.) And a few other favourite figures/characters.

Attached File  collect10.jpg   64.66K   79 downloads

One of my favourite pieces in my entire collection, The Tako Tank with Ikard. I've also got some beast Wars minis up front, as well as some of those newer minis from the various generations.

Attached File  collect11.jpg   71.46K   72 downloads

Here's a nice vintage shelf. The Pretenders are one of my favourite lines from Transformers, and these are, naturally, some of the best. (In my humble opinion.) There's also a really cool Tomy Tribot in there, (the black figure), and my all-time favourite combiner, Piranacon. I'm trying to pick up one each of his variants, but it's hard to do on the cheap. For the trained eye, you'll notice two parts of the King Poseidon combiner in there too.

That's it for now! More to come after some cleaning/sorting!

Edited by Draznar, 09 January 2016 - 06:42 AM.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#2 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:35 PM

Round 2! (I ended up being productive and went and got those risers from my local hook up.)

Attached File  boba1.jpg   73.2K   37 downloads

My brand spankin' new, (totally terrible) Boba Fett wall light. The picture makes it seem way brighter than it actually is.

Attached File  boba2.jpg   80.72K   44 downloads

This is most of my Boba Fett collection, some of the other stuff is still in storage though. (It's crammed in there as it is!) Fun fact: even this display is vintage. My cousin has his own business, and he does renovations for businesses. He got this out of a pharmacy from the 1960s!

Attached File  boba3.jpg   71.57K   57 downloads

The top shelf of the Boba case.

Attached File  wall4.jpg   55.06K   42 downloads

Here is our wall display. Our TV used to be under it, but now our kitchen table is. It works for what it is. My wife has the top one.

Attached File  wall1.jpg   64.62K   47 downloads

Here's a close-up of "section 1", my Funko Mystery Minis! It's pretty cramped, and there's more I want, so I'm probably going to have to cull my less-favourited ones.

Attached File  wall2.jpg   65.65K   58 downloads

I LOVE Lego Chima stuff. It's basically just LEGO Battle Beasts. (I had much more, but my figures are in storage and I gave the playsets to my oldest.)

Attached File  wall3.jpg   70.1K   70 downloads

I could call this my "indie figure shelf," but it's like 99% Jimmy Rommel with approximately one figure from Luke harris. I've got more, obviously, but this is what I can fit out on display.

Attached File  MH.jpg   68.39K   68 downloads

And last but not least, my Monster Hunter mini figures. Most of them are the keshi, with a few that are obviously not.

Thanks for looking, folks!

Edited by Draznar, 09 January 2016 - 01:04 PM.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#3 Guest_tarmogoyf_*

Guest_tarmogoyf_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:57 PM

Cool stuff! I dig the Boba Fett shrine.

#4 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:53 AM

Cool stuff! I dig the Boba Fett shrine.

Thanks man! Funny you should call it that, as that's the nickname it has around here also! I only wish I had space for all my Fett stuff.

<p> </p>
<p>

#5 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:17 PM

Which Beast are you missing?

#6 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:05 PM

Which Beast are you missing?

Unpainted sideburns porcupine. That'll get me the the 3 series of figures plus variants. (My orange gorilla also lacks a rub, which I'm sour about, but he's too expensive to replace over a rub.)

After that, I just need a few more of the lower 12 LBs and I'll be pretty much done as much as I ever intend to be. I'm not touching the upper LBs with a ten-foot pole, and I have at least 1 of every boot leg pretty much. (Save for a few, namely Greek.)

I would also like to one day own all the playsets, but that's definitely not a "must" and certainly not on the top of my acquisitions list.

<p> </p>
<p>

#7 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 11 January 2016 - 01:10 AM

For the trained eye, you'll notice two parts of the King Poseidon combiner in there too.

Don't know about that, but I do see some God Neptune members. :p King Poseidon was Piranacon's Japanese name. Always thought it was a cool combiner conceptually, bit weak as a combined robot but forgivable. The unreleased "Piranhaking" that became the club exclusive Piranacon was probably my favorite set of colors after God Neptune, but with even worse quality than God Neptune... I was fine not owning it.

My favorite of your displays is probably the Monster Hunter one, just because I love that tiny little display. It's the kind of thing I'd wish to have for my minifigures when I was younger. Probably a curio cabinet or something, right?

#8 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:42 AM

Don't know about that, but I do see some God Neptune members. :p King Poseidon was Piranacon's Japanese name. Always thought it was a cool combiner conceptually, bit weak as a combined robot but forgivable. The unreleased "Piranhaking" that became the club exclusive Piranacon was probably my favorite set of colors after God Neptune, but with even worse quality than God Neptune... I was fine not owning it.

My favorite of your displays is probably the Monster Hunter one, just because I love that tiny little display. It's the kind of thing I'd wish to have for my minifigures when I was younger. Probably a curio cabinet or something, right?

I honestly mess up the name just about every time I talk about it. It's at the point where I always question myself and mention the wrong name now! What quality issues was there with God Neptune and the TFCC set? I don't hang around the fandom much so I don't get much info outside of what is popularly known.

My wife spotted that little case for me on a local facebook "bidding wars" group. We snagged it out of the rich part of town, (the folks there buy so much crap and then resell it for nothing), for a crazy-low price of $10. It's really good quality, too! We got another case like this that hangs on the wall for $10 as well, and it's the perfect size for the Mario micro figures, (my wife's collection).

<p> </p>
<p>

#9 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:06 AM

Stupid forum downtime whenever I'm active just because I keep weird hours...

Anyway, what I meant to say the other day was that God Neptune's plastic quality was quite terrible and felt notably flimsier than a vintage Piranacon/Poseidon. I don't think it's known if this is due to that almost-pearlescent white plastic, due to being a poor version of the old G1 molds, or being manufactured on the cheap. It just feels crappy. The club exclusive Piranacon had actual issues with the Targetmaster mode parts not actually fitting, loose connections in forming the body, and some of the plastic being flimsy enough that it couldn't even stand. Mileage would of course vary on that one, but the off-color Hasbro reissue Piranacon had fewer of those issues. I think most complaints of that one boiled down to some of the wider color variations compared to G1 and poor factory-applied stickers.

#10 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:48 AM

Stupid forum downtime whenever I'm active just because I keep weird hours...

Anyway, what I meant to say the other day was that God Neptune's plastic quality was quite terrible and felt notably flimsier than a vintage Piranacon/Poseidon. I don't think it's known if this is due to that almost-pearlescent white plastic, due to being a poor version of the old G1 molds, or being manufactured on the cheap. It just feels crappy. The club exclusive Piranacon had actual issues with the Targetmaster mode parts not actually fitting, loose connections in forming the body, and some of the plastic being flimsy enough that it couldn't even stand. Mileage would of course vary on that one, but the off-color Hasbro reissue Piranacon had fewer of those issues. I think most complaints of that one boiled down to some of the wider color variations compared to G1 and poor factory-applied stickers.

Well with my God Neptune figures their joints seem pretty tight/par for the course. I don't have vintage Piranacon to compare them to, so I can't say for sure on the quality.

I do have the re-issue set from BBTS, and I can see what people say about the stickers and the over-all mold degradation. (The colours are off, but I don't have a personal attachment to the G1 figure and think this one looks better.) But the plastic is definitely cheap feeling and a lot of my stickers are peeling just from transforming the figures because of their crappy placements.

<p> </p>
<p>

#11 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:08 PM

I've had these things for AGES, but people talking about them has made me desperately want to finish the set! I'm packing things up for a move, and decided to bust'em out for some quick pictures.

Body Wars!

Attached File  Body Wars1.png   684.62K   8 downloads

My Heart and Brain sets. Brain is complete, heart has nothing to it. The figures in front of it belong to the Skull and Eye sets.

Attached File  Body Wars2.png   594.67K   7 downloads

My Stomach set with some spiffy bootlegs. Complete!

Attached File  Body Wars3.png   702K   6 downloads

My Lungs set. Complete!

Attached File  horror compact.png   308.6K   6 downloads

I forget the name of this compact. It's a neat little set though, and they had several like it. Only complaint? The bug is on wheels. Weird.

Attached File  mighty max.png   531.51K   3 downloads
These I just picked up over the weekend. The Triceratops is missing Max and the Pteradactyl, but is otherwise complete and in great shape.
The other two are missing just about everything!

<p> </p>
<p>

#12 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:38 PM

I figured this was as good a place as any to share the hot news, go straight to the guy who'd care the most while I was at it.

Hasbro's having their usual pre-NYCC reveal of upcoming toys. Marvel Legends, Transformers, and so on. Among the latest wave of Titan Masters - like the tiny dude Clobber I showed you at TFcon?

REPUGNUS.

I'm only a little bummed Repugnus didn't get the full-size treatment like fellow Monsterbot Doublecross, who's a Deluxe, but look at him! He's so perfect!

jtWgP4I.jpg

#13 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:35 PM

I figured this was as good a place as any to share the hot news, go straight to the guy who'd care the most while I was at it.

Hasbro's having their usual pre-NYCC reveal of upcoming toys. Marvel Legends, Transformers, and so on. Among the latest wave of Titan Masters - like the tiny dude Clobber I showed you at TFcon?

REPUGNUS.

I'm only a little bummed Repugnus didn't get the full-size treatment like fellow Monsterbot Doublecross, who's a Deluxe, but look at him! He's so perfect!

Kinda shitty he isn't a deluxe or bigger, but that's still awesome! I'll definitely be buying one!!

Out of the new stuff, I've only got Terribull. I've watched and read a lot of bad reviews on Skullkruncher, and just haven't picked up the Crashbash, (or whatever the heck the purple dinosaur thing is called), yet.

Thanks for sharing that, man!

<p> </p>
<p>

#14 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 02:27 PM

Skullsmasher is a great figure. There's a few issues with the leg tolerance but I've had no issues with mine. It's varied so widely that it's a waste to miss out on the figure because of the small possibility that you can't stand the figure up easily without floor polish in those joints. You should absolutely grab one, then Mindwipe and Wolfwire as you find them to complete the Decepticon Headmaster trio. And then combine them.

RRdNfNv.jpg

EDIT: If you can price-match somewhere, Walmart.ca also put Titans Return Deluxes on sale for $10. That's like four bucks US!

Edited by BaltanII, 06 October 2016 - 02:35 PM.

#15 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:06 AM

Price matching is a sketchy business now. If the competitor's original price is different, they won't match. Wal-Mart prices everything a few cents below the competition.

Thankfully, I do live near 2 Wal-Mart super centres and one other Wal-Mart. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. Thanks man!

<p> </p>
<p>

#16 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:03 AM

Toys R Us is currently having a sale on action figures in the US, not sure about northern Mexico. 

Believe it's buy one get one half off? I saw a whole rack of these Skullsmashers at a store the other day. I'm also curious about the name; when I saw they renamed Slag I assumed it was basically because it's British slang for "slut", anyone know why they changed Skullcruncher? Any others they've done this with? 

#17 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:13 AM

It's due to losing the copyright name. I don't know if that means someone else snatched it up or not.

<p> </p>
<p>

#18 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:22 PM

Thought I would share this here for all the folks who didn't see it on insta!

Attached File  IMG_20161109_204409.jpg   154.82K   36 downloads

My Japanese corner

Attached File  IMG_20161104_221400.jpg   121.29K   32 downloads

Edited by Draznar, 11 November 2016 - 04:26 PM.

<p> </p>
<p>

#19 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:17 AM

attachicon.gifhorror compact.png

I forget the name of this compact. It's a neat little set though, and they had several like it. Only complaint? The bug is on wheels. Weird.

Horror Pets

http://x-entertainme...ls-horror-pets/

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#20 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:54 AM

Thanks!
<p> </p>
<p>

#21 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:30 AM

Customs look great! Where'd you pick up the lasers?

#22 kingtiger077

kingtiger077

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Greek Battle Beasts, exogini

Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:48 AM

Great collection my friend! I didn't know there was a Battle Beasts poster! They look great in these plastic transparent cases hanging on the wall!!!

#23 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 01:18 PM

Customs look great! Where'd you pick up the lasers?

Eric Nilla!

Great collection my friend! I didn't know there was a Battle Beasts poster! They look great in these plastic transparent cases hanging on the wall!!!

Thanks! This is the Canadian poster. I know there was an American one and also, of course, a Japanese one.
<p> </p>
<p>

#24 Defzombie

Defzombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Plastic Army men, Cowboys, Ninjas, Knights etc..

Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:11 PM

Love the Boba Fett Shrine! I have a growing collection myself but yours is way bigger.

My blog about action figures: RetroAction Reaction

#25 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:05 AM

Love the Boba Fett Shrine! I have a growing collection myself but yours is way bigger.

It's ever-growing! Fett's face is on just about everything these days. The collection has grown a little bit since that last picture. I still haven't really posted any pictures of my collection at my new place!

<p> </p>
<p>

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com