#1 M.u.s.c.l.e. God

M.u.s.c.l.e. God

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 01:14 PM

Hello!
This is my first post but I have been reading the forums for a couple weeks. I Have received the Kinnikuman Newsletter for a long time. I also enjoy all the cool websites a lot of you have made. M.u.s.c.l.e. was by far my favorite toy. I had lots of M.u.s.c.l.e. men growing up but lost them all in 1993 in a house fire. A few years passed were I could find no M.u.s.c.l.e.s, then in 1999 I found Ebay! It really bothered me those 6 years without them and I was very happy to be able to get most of them back.
My name is Damon and I'm the lucky fellow who owns the "Blackhole Sunshine". The years without M.u.s.c.l.e. must have been the price to get the Blackhole Sunshine later!
I wanted to ask if anyone that uses the forum lives in the Pittsburgh area? I would like to have my rare M.u.s.c.l.e. find shown and certified that it's the real thing.
Also, does anyone using this board have the Spinning Head Ashuraman? As a kid I always wished his head came off so the faces could change! How many of these are known to exist? What does it look like?
One last thing... how much is the Satan Cross figure worth on it's own?
Thanks!

#2 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 01:30 PM

Welcome to the group Damon.

As far as I know you are the only one with a Black Hole Sunshine.

There are 3 known Spinning Head Ashuraman figures.
Jshurt has one.
Arforbes has one.
Some guy who won one on eBay a year or so ago has one.
There are a few pics of him floating around the board.

Stan Cross usually goes for $20-$40 when sold seperately.

#3 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 02:33 PM

Hey muscle brother! i too lost my entire original muscle collection in a house fire (well removal van fire) so i know the pain and anguish you must have gone through. the sleepless nights, the endless empty days wondering, "why?" the knowledge that someone, somewhere must still have muscle men. were they just a dream?
Anyway i know zip about the rare muscle men especially blackhole sunshine but i believe it's real. notice how #3 looks so similar but has rollers and no trace of a sunshine emblem at all. i mean in order to forge one you would have to be some kind of a muscle god :blush:
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#4 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 10:29 PM

Damon,

Hello and welcome to the board! You are the owner of the only Blackhole Sunshine known to exist. I myself am an owner of one of the three known Ashuraman figures. It would be great if you could post a few pics of your Sunshine figure so we can all get a look and verify its authenticity. I am a total believer that it is real, but since some of us have not seen it, there are some of us that are unsure.

I am always on the lookout for these Super Rares on ebay and all over. It is my M.U.S.C.L.E. mission to find more of these figures. Many questions have come up about these figures. Now that you have joined the board, maybe we can finally get more answers to our ever-growing inquiries.

Glad you made it! <_<

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#5 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 10 August 2002 - 04:53 AM

My first question about your blackhole sunshine figure is
how did you acquire it?

mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#6 kinnikumangureto

kinnikumangureto

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 August 2002 - 06:33 AM

Where do you live in Pittsburgh? I use to live in East Liberty.
-terry-man in a jump suit

#7 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 10 August 2002 - 08:21 AM

My first question about your blackhole sunshine figure is
how did you acquire it?

mischa

Mischa,

If I remember correctly from reading the page on Super Rares on Johnny's website, Damon acquired the Blackhole Sunshine through ebay. Johnny and Damon both bid on the auction and Damon ended up winning. If Johnny had known then what he knows now, I'm sure he would have won, right Johnny? <_< Anyways, that's the story, and it's true that these things do pop up on ebay, we just have to keep an eye out for them! You can read all about it on Johnny's M.U.S.C.L.E. Page.

http://jk.ixystems.c...uscle/rares.htm

Sending some traffic your way Johnny! B)

:o
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#8 M.u.s.c.l.e. God

M.u.s.c.l.e. God

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 August 2002 - 09:37 AM

Once I received the Sunshine m.us.c.l.e. and saw it was real... I emailed the lady I bought it from to try to find out more. She didn't seem to know much about the toy and I'm not sure why she bought the m.u.s.c.l.e.s. She did say she found the lot a few years ago at either a flea market or yard sale in the Allentown, PA area. The seller was still in the Allentown area. But we have no way of finding out were it originally came from, a normal pack or a test run.
I wish we could find someone from Mattel to clear some of our questions up.
Which reminds me.. didn't someone contact someone with 4kids entertainment a few months ago? I think maybe we should keep trying to get a new old style toy line
made. I for one like that the cartoon etc is coming but I'm not a big fan of the Gen 2 painted toys. I fear that's the toy line we will get too. It's still better than nothing though!
The pink M.u.s.c.l.e.s were a great toy and have fans to this day. The problem was in 1985 and in the U.S. there was the Toys and a commercial, not much else.
If the pink line was brought back with the support of the cartoon and everything else it could be as big as Pokemon! It might be anyway though haha.
I think we were lucky though that it was a mystery to all of us growing up. To me being able to name and make up all the stories myself was the best part. It's a shame that will be lost this time.
I welcome all the overload of stuff that will probably happen, I've been a fan a long time and I'm ready for it. I just worry the kids might not love the toys for 15 years like most of use seem too. Let's hope for the best!

GO MUSCLE GO! GO!

#9 M.u.s.c.l.e. God

M.u.s.c.l.e. God

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 August 2002 - 09:41 AM

Oh and i live on the South Side now but have also lived in Bloomfield near East Liberty. I moved to Pittsburgh from Muncy, PA 3 years ago.

#10 RubzOne

RubzOne

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 10 August 2002 - 02:29 PM

Welcome to the group bro! I see you have chosen the appropriate avatar <_<
Cry in the dojo... laugh on the battlefield

#11 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 10 August 2002 - 03:24 PM

Thanx for the info Alex

mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!

#12 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 11 August 2002 - 09:40 AM

I noticed something from my own collection. The kinkeshi in the kinnikuman line that have removable parts (ie 100 T with removeable head plate, Satan Cross etc) have a mark, or a stub where the removeable part was initially attached. The parts were originally connected with a thin plastic connector... please go to this link for details:
http://www.littlerub...t=15&hl=hireaki

How about the alleged American BH Sunshine in your collection?
Posted Image

#13 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 11 August 2002 - 11:19 AM

Hey uoozuman,

I don't know about the Blackhole Sunshine figure having a spot where the removable part was once attached because I do not own it and cannot see it up close, but I do know for sure that my Ashuraman has a little spot on the upper right hand where it looks like the head was once attached. Almost certain that this is where the head was molded. There's no way of knowing however if Mattel removed the head or if it was up to the owner to do the task, since we have never seen one in the packaging.

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#14 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 11 August 2002 - 11:54 AM

could give an explanation as to why production on both blackhole sunshine and spinning-head ashuraman was halted, due to the small removable parts. still does not explain why satan cross was stopped because as we have seen in the 4pack he never had his back legs and even if he had it was probably bigger and less of a danger than niku and the commentator (and that hairy peanut or whatever) B)
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#15 M.u.s.c.l.e. God

M.u.s.c.l.e. God

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 August 2002 - 04:32 PM

Wow cool stuff!
Now that I look at him it does look like there was a extra part attached to his side like in the picture! The small hole or more like notch is small about the same size as one of his bricks. It is located over two bricks on his left side under arm like in the picture! Never noticed it before! I'm not sure why it's there, it's hard to tell might just be from the mold.

#16 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 12 August 2002 - 06:17 PM

I'm sure it's got to be where the extra part was attached on your Blackhole Sunshine figure, just like the notch on my Ashuraman's right hand. Cool, I wonder if the extra part was made for your Blackhole Sunshine. My theory is that if the head is on my Ashuraman exists, which it does, and that's the extra part to this figure, then there definitely was a center piece made for the Blackhole Sunshine. It probably got lost somehow. That would mean that the one and only and most RARE M.U.S.C.L.E. figure is somewhat incomplete. Who cares though, you have one Damon, that's all that would matter to me. B)

:o
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#17 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 03:08 PM

Veers, update your link in the SR thread. The BHS that Damon has is the first one found, the pics are posted on my KinnikuMUSCLE page. It has no chest insert.

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com