3 replies to this topic

#1 SpyMagician

SpyMagician

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:29 PM

So I made an interesting discovery about the US Gormiti.

The Final Evolution style repaints packed with the US Series one figures are not quite the same as the Actual European Final Evolution figures.

The special paint treatments for the Volcano Tribes, Sea Tribe and Earth Tribe have been removed!

That is to say that the Volcano Tribe repaints don't change color in warm water, the Sea Triber repaints don't change color in cold water, and the Earth Tribe repaints don't glow in the dark.

I've tested actual US figures against my European ones to confirm this, but you can also tell by looking at the US ones directly as the formerly color change figures are clearer and shinier (the color change paint is slightly matte) and the formerly glow figures are smoother (as the glow paint has a slightly gritty appearance).

A minor change but worth noting I think!

Spy

#2 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:08 PM

No, that was absolutely worth the new thread, and thanks for letting us know.

I would have expected to care more about hearing of these omissions, but not really. I always found it a bit unfair for these factions to have a working gimmick when Forest and Air only got clear plastic in their respective colors, with some storyline-based copout for what it's supposed to represent. I guess those differences will also appear when Atomic is released.

Plus, anyone collecting the European versions won't feel as gypped about the lower retail cost in the US. Maybe. ;)

#3 SpyMagician

SpyMagician

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:28 PM

LOL!

I've bought my share of Euro versions at much higher cost, so differences in the US ones are certainly worth noting to me!

Plus as much as I'd love Gormiti to do well in the US, I'm not sure it'll do well enough to catch up to the Euro Releases...

The other thing I noticed about the US Volcano Tribe figures is that they are cast in clear reddish plastic. The Euro ones are actually cast in clear plastic w/ the clear red color change paint on top (when heated they turn bascially clear.)

Finally, I also noticed there is a very very subtle difference in the color of the yellow plastic used on the US and European Earth Tribe figures. The European ones are a bit darker yellow while the US ones are slightly lighter yellow and very slightly iridescent.

Spy

#4 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:32 PM

Yeah, Fire repaints look more reddish, and have little black 'ash" specks in them, whereas color-changing ones are more pink.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com