• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jet-Mech

Jet-Mech

The Man on the Silver Mountain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1531 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Monster In My Pocket, Gormiti, Trash Pack, other LRGs that may strike my fancy, and other stuff no-one else likely gives a damn about

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

Of my 85 or so Kinkeshi, nine or ten of them will not stand up! Some of them have just enough of a lean that they fall flat on their face, while others appear to have one foot that's shorter than the other. A few others, while they do stand up, are bent in such a way that they aren't square. My MUSCLEs do not suffer from this problem to such a degree.

Does anyone know what causes this, and if/how it can be fixed?

Current collecting goal: obtain all 148 Monster In My Pocket Series 1 figures in regular colors (71.62% there)

So many toys, so little money!

#2 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:13 PM

because the kinkeshi's are made from a more rubbery material than muscles, this is common. i have this same problem with some of my newly bought kinkeshi reissues, i tried bending them into the proper standing position but they just eventually bend back to there original position and tip over. you really got to keep them bended for a certain amount of time so that the rubber will re adjust and remember the new position and not revert back to its last bended state. unfortunately its tedious and tiresome.

Edited by SuperARC1, 12 January 2009 - 05:13 PM.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#3 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:42 PM

there's a thread somewhere that talks about heating up the figures in hot water and then repositioning them in the new set stance. can't remember if the thread was about this issue specifically or if it was just mentioned. i'm sure thegodbeast has some tricks of the trade regarding this. i'd give him a jingle if i were you. then, when he tells you the secret, tell me so i can fix my black emperor. :lol:

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#4 Garatron75

Garatron75

Extraplanar Rollin' Klone Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Dinosaurs and Dragons, anything that's small and fits in a pocket good enough. I'm also a collector of Nintendo stuff and I also like the things that relate to me well, like Bikkuriman.

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:59 PM

You can probably play a throwing game with Kinkeshi and score points for the wrestlers that land face up. It works well for me if they don't stand up.
"Magor must be stopped. No matter the cost."
"It's about beating the game, the way it was meant to be fun."

#5 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:00 PM

because the kinkeshi's are made from a more rubbery material than muscles, this is common. i have this same problem with some of my newly bought kinkeshi reissues, i tried bending them into the proper standing position but they just eventually bend back to there original position and tip over. you really got to keep them bended for a certain amount of time so that the rubber will re adjust and remember the new position and not revert back to its last bended state. unfortunately its tedious and tiresome.

not to mention three of them were shoved into a little plastic bubble (for gumball machines) in which some were kept for many, many years prior to them getting to you so yeah some of them were really bent for long periods of time :D
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#6 Jet-Mech

Jet-Mech

The Man on the Silver Mountain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1531 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Monster In My Pocket, Gormiti, Trash Pack, other LRGs that may strike my fancy, and other stuff no-one else likely gives a damn about

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:32 PM

there's a thread somewhere that talks about heating up the figures in hot water and then repositioning them in the new set stance. can't remember if the thread was about this issue specifically or if it was just mentioned. i'm sure thegodbeast has some tricks of the trade regarding this. i'd give him a jingle if i were you. then, when he tells you the secret, tell me so i can fix my black emperor. :D

I'll give him a call when things have settled down for him. Meanwhile, I'll do some digging and see if I can't find that thread you mentioned.

Current collecting goal: obtain all 148 Monster In My Pocket Series 1 figures in regular colors (71.62% there)

So many toys, so little money!

#7 PatrickGresham

PatrickGresham

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Psychiatry, medicine, martial arts, action figures, movies.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:28 PM

I just got my 29th anniversary 418 set in the mail and found that many of them, including some of my fave figures, have that same problem of not being able to stand up. That is actually my only real complaint of this set.

I have done some experiments on MUSCLE figures using boiling water in the past thusly: Using tongs, I submerged the figure into boiling water for about 10 seconds, being sure not to touch the bottom of the pan. I then repositioned the limbs with my hands using a few layers of paper towel for protection from the heat. The trick is to have a stream of cold water running so you can place the figure (still in hands) under the stream to cause the plastic to adopt the shape permanently. The effect is totally reversible (in MUSCLE at least) by re-submerging them in boiling water.

I haven't yet tried this on the 2008 kinkeshi, but if someone does, post some good news :p

#8 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:41 PM

you could try the hair dryer method, warm it up, bend the figure into the proper standing position, hold it there and let it cool off, maybe the plastic will now be readjusted to stand on its own. this works for fixing warped accessories
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com