4 replies to this topic

#1 warriorpriest

warriorpriest

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:21 AM

Is there any stl/cad files anywhere for Battle Beast figures or their weapons??

#2 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4080 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:45 AM

Is there any stl/cad files anywhere for Battle Beast figures or their weapons??

That would be cool if there were. But I have never seen any. 

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#3 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5045 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 02 July 2020 - 03:27 AM

I'm actually working with a fellow to get some 3D scans of the original figures done.

He will make the files for sale when he gets them scanned. As I only currently had access to two of the figures, I will only be getting those two scanned. Ideally I'd like to get a good handful of them scanned for printing.

I don't know if I'll go the route of the weapons, too. He does the vintage Star Wars stuff, but seems to be missing weapons for every figure he has files for. Not sure if that's to prevent fakes flooding the market, or if he just doesn't have the weapons.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#4 warriorpriest

warriorpriest

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:25 AM

I'm actually working with a fellow to get some 3D scans of the original figures done.
He will make the files for sale when he gets them scanned. As I only currently had access to two of the figures, I will only be getting those two scanned. Ideally I'd like to get a good handful of them scanned for printing.
I don't know if I'll go the route of the weapons, too. He does the vintage Star Wars stuff, but seems to be missing weapons for every figure he has files for. Not sure if that's to prevent fakes flooding the market, or if he just doesn't have the weapons.

Well I am making repro weapons, but not in original colors to avoid what you mentioned above. I had a buddy recreate the Panda's sword and I made it in clear red resin. It looks so nice in his hands. I also want to make replacement arms for people that do customs or just want to fix up a damaged beast. These arms will be different and in a solid color so there is no mistake on if it is legit or not.

#5 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4080 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 06 July 2020 - 12:26 PM

Well I am making repro weapons, but not in original colors to avoid what you mentioned above. I had a buddy recreate the Panda's sword and I made it in clear red resin. It looks so nice in his hands. I also want to make replacement arms for people that do customs or just want to fix up a damaged beast. These arms will be different and in a solid color so there is no mistake on if it is legit or not.

That would be cool, because I can't tell you how many BB's I destroyed making customs back in the days. Would have been nice to have some replacement parts.

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

Copyright © 2020 LittleRubberGuys.com