26 replies to this topic

#1 oj2002

oj2002

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:40 AM

in my country, it is worth ¥20, but is not original.
http://item.taobao.c....jhtml?cm_cat=0

#2 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:57 AM

That's good enough for me! Btw, ¥20 is about $3 american :lol:

#3 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:11 AM

Just ordered 5 different laser beasts without the orbs for $30 (probably $40 shipped)
They're slightly different colors, but until I can afford the real thing, they'll do nicely!

#4 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 573 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:20 AM

Just ordered 5 different laser beasts without the orbs for $30 (probably $40 shipped)
They're slightly different colors, but until I can afford the real thing, they'll do nicely!

How do you use the site?
Posted Image

#5 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:29 AM

How do you use the site?

Taobao is tricky since they don't accept paypal or any international institution as payment. I go through a third party just like a rinkya or donkey on YJP. I use taobaonow.com. The guy is very reliable, his fees are super low, but he does have a tendency to be pretty slow, but for the prices I really could care less. It's a little more low key than rinkya in that when you bid, you just put in a request for him to purchase the item, he'll then send you the invoice and you pay and then he pays the buyer. Taobao isn't an auction site more than a classifieds site. It's pretty much all buy it now.
An idea on the fees from TBnow
For $17 worth or lasebeasts, he charged me $3 in fees. He also gives a 25% discount on shipping. (checking on the site, that might not be the case anymore, it was an ongoing sale that might have been pulled) However that's a ton better than Rinkya's +25% add on to shipping. Plus he packs the boxes super tight. I've purchased very fragile custom made figures from him in the past and they came bomb proof wrapped in a box that got destroyed going overseas, and the figures were pristine.
Not to be an elitist, but the seller has about 8 each of these laserbeasts available, and at the price, I'd really like to see the guys on here get them first before someone buys them all up and tries to resell them to us at 10 times the price. Now granted these are bootlegs, but they're still nifty and for those of us on a low LB budget, they are perfect for our collections, so don't go spreading this around too loudly til everyone on here has had a chance to see the posts on it and get a shot at them.

#6 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:22 PM

I didn't even know Laserbeasts bootlegs like this existed. I would buy some but I already have all the originals. But these make good substitutes.

EDIT- I notice they are selling these with there arms mixed up like Greek Beasts. :lol:

Edited by FANtomCore, 04 August 2009 - 05:27 PM.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#7 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:43 PM

I didn't even know Laserbeasts bootlegs like this existed. I would buy some but I already have all the originals. But these make good substitutes.

EDIT- I notice they are selling these with there arms mixed up like Greek Beasts. :)

If anyone doesnt want to have to sign up with a third party seller, I'm in the process of getting a few of these, so I can hook people up when/if I get them in.

#8 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:28 AM

I've got my order confirmed. I have five each of the following coming in. Cost should be about $5-6 each once shipping gets figured out. If anyone needs a hookup or trade when they come in let me know. I'll sell em for what I paid for em + shipping.

http://item.taobao.c...67c32b19856.htm

http://item.taobao.c...655c2577043.htm

http://item.taobao.c...fa8ae3aa314.htm

http://item.taobao.c...8d58c285538.htm

Like I said before, if you want to get these on your own, taobaonow.com already has communication with the buyer so you should be able to get hooked up pretty quick. I also asked my buyer to ask the seller if there are any other laserbeast bootlegs running around and buy those up too.

#9 Bermuda Mohawk

Bermuda Mohawk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:38 PM

I would really love to see BB reissues in all new colors.

These ones are the best:

Attached Files

• Attached File  hjo.jpg   9.46K   60 downloads

--Dave

#10 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:26 PM

I've had a lot of requests from people to have me pick these up on taobao for them, so let me just clarify what's up on here. I just put in orders for five each yesterday. At this point, other than the two people who I had already said I'd hook up, I'm not reserving or trading any of these things until I get them in hand. These could be complete junk, who knows. Until I get them in hand and see what kind of quality we're dealing with, I'm not putting down a bunch of money in bulk on these if they're not worth it.

#11 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:42 PM

I would really love to see BB reissues in all new colors.

These ones are the best:

Are those from the same guy? I'd love to get one of the Cobra's?
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#12 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:30 PM

I told my buyer to ask the seller to list any other BB or LB bootlegs he has but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

#13 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:12 AM

My buyer said my LB's have arrived!
Posted Image

Getting a better view of these figures, it looks like these might be real laserbeasts that were all missing arms and were replaced with regular battle beast arms. The seller had a lot of other unpainted and painted regular beasts. I'll have to look closer when I get them to me, but it doesnt make much sense to remold a laser beasts torso body only and skip the arms.

#14 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:04 AM

I'll have to look closer when I get them to me, but it doesnt make much sense to remold a laser beasts torso body only and skip the arms.

Maybe they only had the body mold? -_-

#15 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:23 AM

I'll have to look closer when I get them to me, but it doesnt make much sense to remold a laser beasts torso body only and skip the arms.

Maybe they only had the body mold? -_-

That could be. I'm probably not the best one to judge these either when they come in whether they are bootlegs or not (given I don't have the originals to sit side by side). I know two other guys on here were able to get these from Taobao as well, so maybe if they're better judges we can figure this out.

#16 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:39 AM

I knew that all this talk of armless LBs was reminding me of something... Donkeykid77 had something like this. Although he said his figure was genuine, and I expect a guy with access to such rarities knows what he's talking about. So perhaps these are the real deal too?

Edited by Boaconda, 12 August 2009 - 11:39 AM.

#17 cassel87

cassel87

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 06:34 PM

i will purchase a ram if there is one still available. i wanna keep the party alive by giving it mouth to mouth
if my turtles ate my toys, id have to eat my turtles

#18 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:51 AM

I knew that all this talk of armless LBs was reminding me of something... Donkeykid77 had something like this. Although he said his figure was genuine, and I expect a guy with access to such rarities knows what he's talking about. So perhaps these are the real deal too?

I haven't seen the figures Phillinley will get in hand...
However, if they're the same as the Mantfrenzy I had (and sold),
they ARE genuine laserbeasts, NOT REPRODUCTIONS.
My current theory is that they were mostly factory-rejects, taken by a former factory-employee.
He must have had access to genuine arms in the factory as well at times,
and scooped along large amount of the same pairs to fit on the factory-rejects,
with the purpose of selling these later.

Sincerely, DK, who's pretty upset he's on the selling end now,
rather than on the buying end :rolleyes: ( would love to get my hands on some of these buggers! :rolleyes: )

PS I bought mine on Ebay, and the seller claimed he had bought it directly on a Chinese fleamarket.
I sold it for approximately 70% of the amount I bought it for.
Integre navigo, sic itur ad astra.

#19 karloscar

karloscar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:33 AM

I haven't seen the figures Phillinley will get in hand...
However, if they're the same as the Mantfrenzy I had (and sold),
they ARE genuine laserbeasts, NOT REPRODUCTIONS.
My current theory is that they were mostly factory-rejects, taken by a former factory-employee.
He must have had access to genuine arms in the factory as well at times,
and scooped along large amount of the same pairs to fit on the factory-rejects,
with the purpose of selling these later.

Sincerely, DK, who's pretty upset he's on the selling end now,
rather than on the buying end :spiteful: ( would love to get my hands on some of these buggers! :shok: )

PS I bought mine on Ebay, and the seller claimed he had bought it directly on a Chinese fleamarket.
I sold it for approximately 70% of the amount I bought it for.

I must say, they sure do look like genuine Lb's. I have ordered a couple for myself. They look the same except for flying dragon which is completely unpainted.
Wonder how many the seller have?

Oscar

#20 karloscar

karloscar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:42 AM

I got my LB's from China today!
I'm sure these are real Laser beasts, not bootlegs. I like the Flying dragon the most, almost like a greek LB!

Flying Dragon:
Attached File  100_1306.JPG   547.07K   23 downloads
Attached File  100_1307.JPG   560.73K   8 downloads
Attached File  100_1308.JPG   538.73K   11 downloads

Grencats:
Attached File  100_1309.JPG   344.13K   22 downloads

Hornhead:
Attached File  100_1299.JPG   551.64K   11 downloads
The orb was not included.
Attached File  100_1311.JPG   370.39K   5 downloads

Monkey Fighter:
Attached File  100_1312.JPG   336.94K   10 downloads

/Oscar

#21 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:12 PM

very interesting. gotta be factory rejects, no?
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#22 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:05 PM

I got a sticker on the door today for a delivery confirmation, so I'm picking up mine tomorrow. None of yours came with an orb or just the last one was missing an orb?

#23 karloscar

karloscar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:30 PM

They probably are factory rejects or overstock figures. They had some kind of plastic pearl where the orb is supposed to be, none of them had an real orb.

Oscar

#24 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:41 AM

Does anyone mind picking up one of the white grencats and unpainted fly dragon for me?

#25 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:08 AM

OK these things enforce the dumpster diving stereotype. They are Laser Beasts, of that I really have no doubt. But almost all of them needed a little cleaning. I think whoever got these literally found them in the trash. Factory rejects, overstock, early runs on the machine, I', not sure, but it's definitely interesting stuff.

The pearls are kind of nifty too. They're smaller than regular orbs but if you look real closely in the light you can see the symbols behind them.

EDIT Upon closer inspection, these pearls are just necklace beads. So the seller or original finder of these probably put them in to dress them up a bit.

Quite an interesting array of parts here

The Grencats have Brown Lion arms

The Hornheads have Grin Reefer arms

The Monkey Fighter has it's left arm but a Skybat right arm

The Dragon Seahorn had Puzzle Color arms

The Flying Dragon has its left arm and a Battle Fennec right arm.

Nice hodgepodge here.

Edited by phillinley, 26 August 2009 - 11:28 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com