• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:52 AM

Thanks to all who helped me get this together. The case wasn't my idea. A friend, who used to be my Company Commander, stayed with me before he went to Iraq again. I told him about my collection, the poster, and he came up with the idea. There is an extra row on the bottom, and it obviously filled up quick. The belt doesn't appear to have been opened.

All of the colors (Purple 107 and Salmon 107 available) and loose fleshies are available for trade. A SC four pack is also available for trade (take your pick on which one). I'm willing to trade one of the Nestle Quik figures (your choice). Dark Emperor, SHA, loose SC, TheGodBeast figures, shirt, and L.Designs figures not for trade. I would rather trade for figures/accessories as I'm not interested in making money on these figures.

I'm still trying to locate:

Nestle Quik can
Purple Claw
Salmon Claw
Flesh, Color mix 4 pack
Flesh 10 garbage can

Post 11 shows what figures are no longer available.

Attached Files

Edited by vette88, 02 May 2010 - 11:28 AM.

#2 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:56 AM

Thanks to all who helped me get this together. The case wasn't my idea. A friend, who used to be my Company Commander, stayed with me before he went to Iraq again. I told him about my collection, the poster, and he came up with the idea. There is an extra row on the bottom, and it obviously filled up quick. The belt doesn't appear to have been opened.

All of the colors (Purple 107 available) and loose fleshies are available for trade. A SC four pack is also available for trade (take your pick on which one). I would rather trade for figures/accessories as I'm not interested in making money on these figures.

I'm still trying to locate:

Nestle Quik can
Purple Claw
Salmon Claw
Flesh, Color mix 4 pack
Flesh 10 garbage can

Attached Files

Edited by vette88, 23 May 2010 - 06:52 AM.

#3 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:16 AM

My Corvette, not available for trade. ^_^

Attached Files

Edited by vette88, 23 May 2010 - 08:06 AM.

#4 Venom

Venom

LaserBeast Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:13 AM

I like your collection and display, nice car. I have a 57 Chevy convertible @ my grandmas house in Mexico. I'll post pictures when I'm done fixing it.

Venom ^_^
Do not be afraid. If they try to harm you, I will stand in front of them.

#5 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:14 PM

Your collection is kewl, but, the display is incredible! All you need is the Muscle Decal to go @ the top! I thought someone here had that graphic so you can print them (I think for a custom Muscle ring), ask around.

I think your car is the best photo though! Nothin' like a "Little Red Corvette!" <_<

#6 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:43 PM

Wow man, thats a sweet ride. 35th year edition. Love to take a spin on that one. I can see you been babing your ride.

#7 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:13 AM

Wow man, thats a sweet ride. 35th year edition. Love to take a spin on that one. I can see you been babing your ride.

TGB, funny on little red Corvette. Yup, lot of people say that to me. :D It needs a good cleaning right now. Story behind the Corvette: While I was deployed I had to get rid of my T-Bird because it was leaking oil and had a lot of other things wrong with it. I was really looking at Mustangs 5.0, but Corvette is my dream car. I didn't really think I could afford one. Well, my Battalion Commander and Command Sergeant Major knew I was in the market for a new car, and knew Corvette was really what I wanted. They both told me: "you're single, so now is the best time." I only had one person to ask, and that was myself. Myself said yes. :( The Command Sergeant Major knew an ederly woman who's husband past away, and she had no more use for the car (in Milwaukee, WI). When I bought it, it had 49,000 miles. I paid $9200 for it. My dad drove up from North Augusta, SC to get it. He drove a Tahoe with a long bed trailer to get it. It was a 55 hour round trip. I'm very fortunate for that. Needless to say, when I was on mid-tour from Iraq I drove it a lot.

http://www.meadowsdisplaycases.com/

Here is the website I found for the case. I asked for: 2in width x 2in height x 2in deep. I had it made in walnut, and I believe pine was also available. Expect to give it 4 to 6 weeks from order to delivery. It obviously was something out of the ordinary. :p It's heavy, so make sure to ask for six of the hooks they provide. My dad predrilled six holes in the wall. Three hooks went on each side on the back.

The M.U.S.C.L.E. decal sounds like a good idea. If someone has one/willing to make, I'm willing to buy.

Edited by vette88, 16 November 2009 - 05:03 AM.

#8 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:43 AM

:D You got a ultimate deal on that corvette. With that year and such low mileage plus its in great condition, I think they worth around $29,000 to $31,000. Really sweet ride man.

#9 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:51 AM

:p You got a ultimate deal on that corvette. With that year and such low mileage plus its in great condition, I think they worth around $29,000 to $31,000. Really sweet ride man.

Thank you.

I also collect Hotwheels Corvettes. I have 13 of those. One looks almost exactly like my car. None are "Super Rares" :D, but still fun to collect. I like going to Toys R Us, Wally's World, or Kroger and look for them. Also, I spoke to my mechanic last week. Person today can get a C5 for around mid teens to low twentys now. That is muchhhhh cheaper than usual.

Unfortunately, the new Hennessey Corvette ZR1 is going for $116,000. Dang it!! :(

Features:

6.2 liter
Supercharged LS9 V8
706 Horsepower at 6400 RPM
0-60 in 2.9 seconds
220 is its top speed
Torque: 818lb-ft at 3800 RPM

Edited by vette88, 16 November 2009 - 11:53 AM.

#10 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:42 PM

That was an awesome story bro, thanks for sharin' the history of your acquisition! :p

BTW, thanks for serving our country! (Sort of a late Veterans' Day thank you.) :huh:

TGB

#11 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:05 AM

Taken:

All loose fleshies taken
Many of the Dark Blues are gone. If you see one in particular, ask if I still have it and I will check.
Magenta #15

Edited by vette88, 05 May 2010 - 03:49 AM.

#12 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:49 PM

Hey Bill,
Here is #2 of your Claw/Vette collection...hope you like... :rolleyes:

I also included photos of #1 I did for you a while back (I couldn't find the photos I posted here on LRG).

TGB

Attached Files

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 11 January 2010 - 11:59 PM.

#13 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:05 AM

Salmon 107, Nestle Quik figures, ring, L.Design's eye, TGB Corvette Claw (THANK YOU to both), and more loose and colors in the first post.

Edited by vette88, 10 March 2010 - 09:14 AM.

#14 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:20 PM

That second Clawvette looks awesome, I love the Bright Yellow.
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#15 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:28 AM

Color poster added. Veers, once again THANK YOU!!

:huh:

Edited by vette88, 07 March 2010 - 09:03 AM.

#16 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:47 AM

That is a sweet collection! I hope to frame my flesh muscles once my collection is complete! Over half way there! I also like the nesquick figures, more their history and origin than the actual figures but still very cool!

I also like your car! I thought I'd post this since you are a chevy guy too.

The truck in the back is a 1955 3100, and the car is a 1969 Chevelle SS 396. They are dirty in the pic but that was taken a while ago. Trust me they are in good condition and are a blast to drive.
Bummer, as they are not mine but my Father's. Still fun to work on and cruise around in!

Edited by Biffard, 10 March 2010 - 07:50 AM.

#17 jupiter

jupiter

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:vintage transformers bootlegs, battle beasts, starriors

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:40 AM

i saw people talking about your display in another thread, yes...that is AWESOME!

And yeah, what a nice story about the acquisition of your 'vette.

for wooden slotted display cases people used old letterpress cases that held the metal letters. the problem is they are a little too popular nowadays so the price has gone up on them:

Posted Image
contact me if you have weird foreign variant and bootleg battle beasts for sale.

#18 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

Dark Emperor Pictures (front and back) added to 1st thread.

#19 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:34 PM

Already congratulated you, but congrats again on the awesome SR. DE is one of my favorite SR's he's pretty sweet looking.

#20 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:21 AM

Already congratulated you, but congrats again on the awesome SR. DE is one of my favorite SR's he's pretty sweet looking.

Thanks Doc!! The figure is secure in the case, and is protected by TGB Claws!! :)

#21 Mrjoespider

Mrjoespider

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Lrg,s reading comics, playing guitar (well im learning lol) Cooking long walks and Fallout 3

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:57 AM

Your custom smile man is awesome have you thought about doing another in reversed colours? im liking the claw-vettes too nice collection :(

Edited by Mrjoespider, 17 June 2010 - 09:59 AM.

Posted Image

#22 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:50 AM

Your custom smile man is awesome have you thought about doing another in reversed colours? im liking the claw-vettes too nice collection :(

L.Design made the smiley face figure. He paints figures and puts them up for sale.

Purple 15, Magenta 17, Red 53, Salmon 112, Salmon 108, art by DrBo, TGB Claw, and L.Designs skeletor figure are not available for trade/sale.

Attached Files

Edited by vette88, 31 August 2010 - 05:00 AM.

#23 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:28 AM

Those 107's are awesome!!!

#24 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

L.Design made the smiley face figure. He paints figures and puts them up for sale.

Purple 15, Magenta 17, Red 53, Salmon 112, Salmon 108, art by DrBo, and L.Designs skeletor figure are not available for trade/sale.

That Cobra Commander Claw is my favorite! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

#25 Clawfreak

Clawfreak

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1993 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:28 PM

Very cool Vette, my collection pics are comin soon!!
Jay :D

Edited by jlspeth, 20 September 2010 - 03:57 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com