142 replies to this topic

#1 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

Master of the Palm and Foot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:20 AM

In 1993 Mattel released through their Hot Wheels brand a series of monster trucks that transformed into monsters called "Attack Pack". Planes followed later, then space ships and growling toys, alternate colors for the originals and planes, and a final series of four before they stopped making them entirely.
Posted Image
(My current collection)

Out of all of them, I'm only missing 8, with one I need to replace. I realize this is a longshot, but if anyone has any of them and is looking to sell, I'm in the market for them. What I need:
Original series
Rip Rat brown camo "Desert" color

Battle Birds
Screwdiver "solar shield" color
Sky Vice "arctic" color (have one, but beyond repair...)

Growling toys
Sibertooth

Tanks
Tankasaurus Rex (Euro)

Last edition
Wolverraider
Riptile (arriving in the mail)

Thanks to anyone that can help. I can try and post more info if people need a confirmation on what they might be offering. Unfortunately not much to trade: got a spare original Rip Rat with a few dings on the hood, and a spare Darkclaw I can offer in that regard. Thanks for your time.

Edited by KungFuMan, 05 May 2010 - 11:09 AM.

#2 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:00 AM

I thought I was the only one collecting these :lol:

Actually I don't have to trade any of your wants, but I wanted to wish you a very good luck obtaining them. And, if you find somewhere where they can be found, please, tell me :woot: . I'm collecting them both loose and new in blister/box, and I am missing many of them (here you can find pictures [not updated] of my collection).

Regards

#3 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:17 AM

Ah, I'll keep an eye out then for anything I don't need in my collection. It's thus far been a pain collecting these as time's gone on on eBay (I've never seen the last four ever sold, and thus far only known two people that have owned any from that line). You mentioned those photos were outdated, which do you still need?

Edited by KungFuMan, 09 December 2009 - 09:17 AM.

#4 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:42 AM

After taking these pictures I got some blisters and boxes, but I still need a lot of them. Here is the list:

(List moved to the next post)

Actually I can not spend any money in any collection (otherway I could have bought some of them through eBay) but this is going to be my priority when I can.

Regards

Edited by Corlan, 15 January 2010 - 11:42 PM.

#5 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:56 PM

Battle Birds With Sounds
-Dragonfighter (Loose & Blister)
-Big Mouth (Loose & Blister)

From what I understand, these have never been released. I owned the Dragonfighter prototype but it was destroyed rather swiftly by my niece :\ The prototype lacked any audio capabilities either interestingly enough.

Alien Invaders
-Maggot Mouth (Blister)
-Galactibite (Blister)

Amazon.com should have these, the spaceships actually pop up in box the most out of any attack pack toys I've ever seen sold outside of eBay.

Two things to note: since you're collecting the boxes, a head's up that the battle birds series has two different versions depending on region when it comes to boxes: the European one seems to be significantly larger and use more cardboard. There is a guy selling the complete set with the original colors, but he wants a rather high price (right now I managed to talk him down to $100 (s&h included) for four of the toys I lack in my collection x_X I'm still mulling that over...).

Stego-Striker has an odd recolor as well that also seems exclusive to Europe. Instead of having camo coloring, the top part of the tank is blue. The first time I saw this I thought some kid had spraypainted it, but I recently acquired one with the box and missiles, and the box shows the same coloring. Not sure *why* it's different, but it's clearly unique.

#6 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:23 AM

Thanks for all your comments.

I was not sure about the two Battle Birds with sounds, so I included them on the list, just in case.

I noticed the two type of Battle Birds boxes some weeks ago, just when the seller you mentioned put his items on eBay, and compared them to other pics I saw on the net. Anyway, as you can see, the Battle Birds are ne of the major lacks in my collection.

And now you told about, I saw one of these Stego Strikers on eBay some time ago... I remember I thought exactly like you :unsure: . Well, I will add him to my list. It will be like this now:

[missing][on way][on hand]
[must be replaced][replacing]

Regular ones
[Loose][Blister] - Slashcat
[Loose][Blister] - Slashcat (Jungle)
[Loose][Blister] - Taran-Chewa
[Loose][Blister] - Sandstinger
[Loose][Blister] - Sandstinger (Night Stealth)
[Loose][Blister] - Rip Rat
[Loose][Blister] - Rip Rat (Desert)
[Loose][Blister] - The Darkclaw
[Loose][Blister] - The Darkclaw (Arctic)
[Loose][Blister] - Slaughterjaws

Big ones
[Loose][Box] - Big Bones
[Loose][Box] - Blowtorch
[Loose][Box] - Slime-Inator
[Loose][Box] - Skeletalker

Growlers
[Loose][Blister] - Big Chill
[Loose][Blister] - Jungle Jaws
[Loose][Blister] - Grizzlor
[Loose][Blister] - Mane Mauler
[Loose][Blister] - Thunderbear
[Loose][Blister] - Sibertooth

Alien Invaders
[Loose][Blister] - Cozmo Clam
[Loose][Blister] - Space Shucker
[Loose][Blister] - Maggot Mouth
[Loose][Blister] - Galactibite
[Loose][Blister] - Venus Flycraft

Battle Birds
[Loose][Blister] - Sky Vice
[Loose][Blister] - Sky Vice (Winter Camo)
[Loose][Blister] - Nightslayer
[Loose][Blister] - Nightslayer (Infra-Red)
[Loose][Blister] - Terror-Dactyle
[Loose][Blister] - Screwdriver
[Loose][Blister] - Screwdriver (Solar Shield)
[Loose][Blister] - Splitfire
[Loose][Blister] - Splitfire (Black)
[Loose][Blister] - Slaughter-Skito

Dinosaurs
[Loose][Box] - Tankasaurus Rex (USA)
[Loose][Box] - Tankasaurus Rex (Euro)
[Loose][Box] - Stego-Striker (USA)
[Loose][Box] - Stego-Striker (Euro)

Last Edition ones
[Loose][Blister] - King Hiss
[Loose][Blister] - Wolveraider
[Loose][Blister] - Toothslayer
[Loose][Blister] - Riptile

Wire-controlled
[Loose][Box] - Radio Shack promo

McDonalds
[Loose][Pack] - Slashcat
[Loose][Pack] - Taran-Chewa
[Loose][Pack] - Sandstinger
[Loose][Pack] - Slaughtersjaws
[Loose][Pack] - Truck
[Loose][Pack] - Battle Bird
[Loose][Pack] - Sea Creature
[Loose][Pack] - Lunar Invader
[Loose][Pack] - Shark (Totally Toy)

Thank you one more time for all your info. Any other comments, please, tell me. It's hard to find many info from these toys. If I find some of your wants (and I don't need or can't afford them :D ) I will tell you.

Regards

Edited by Corlan, 06 April 2010 - 10:53 AM.

#7 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:03 AM

Well, if it counts for anything I think you just won the Grizzlor I was counting on early to get in a ebay bundle (and I'd just finished negotiating with the guy to send only it if I won for $4 shipping...)

At least I can confirm it still growls. Bundle ended at $16.50 just last night right?

Edited by KungFuMan, 10 December 2009 - 02:05 AM.

#8 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:11 AM

Uh! Sorry, yes, I won this auction tonight.

There were four missing vehicles to me, so I felt I couldn't let it go. I don't know what to say, sorry one more time :cry:

#9 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:28 AM

It happens, I should've said something here while I was bidding but noticed you said you were low on cash so figured it might come across as insulting. Funny bit in a way too, I was planning to point you at him for the others you said you needed. XD

Ah well, no biggie, sorry the price ended up higher than the initial $5.50. Thanks to eBay not telling us who's bidding on what this happens a lot still so...yeah. :\ Just one more to still keep an eye out for on my part.

Edited by KungFuMan, 10 December 2009 - 02:34 AM.

#10 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:10 AM

For those interested and still watching, here's what the european version of the tank looks like:
Posted Image

The back of the box shows that the tank was changed too btw: apparently outside of the US, it's solid light green with pink highlights. Sadly though I've never seen that one sold.

And for the heck of it, a pic of my collection (forgot to add the tank in there too). Still got 12 to go...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 nemesisbonga

nemesisbonga

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Tattooing, Art (usually printmaking or illustration) and Music (mostly classic rock and blues). BB/LB, Madballs, Deadpool and anything done by Sam Kieth or Amanda Conner. And tikis, almost forgot about the tikis haha.

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:38 AM

I have 4 of these trucks that i think came in happy meals? I'm not really sure, they don't transform. Their heads simply lifts up to reveal their mouths. Either of you two interested ?
"If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water"--Loren Eiseley

#12 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:40 AM

I have all 9 of those myself, I believe he does too. Sorry :\

#13 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:51 PM

Yes, I have them too. Thanks anyway :p

#14 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:30 PM

KungFuMan, could you anytime post a pic from the back of the blue Stego-Striker box? I would like to see that light green Tankasaurus. I have a few other questions to you... looking to your pics I discovered that there is a variant of the Nightslayer I didn't know... I am going to list the variants I know, could you tell me if there is missing anyone? Do you kwon the names of the variants with an * on them?

-Slashcat - Jungle
-Sandstinger - Night Stealth
-Rip Rat - Desert
-The Darkclaw - Arctic

-Sky Vice - Winter Camo
-Nightslayer - Red *
-Screwdriver - Solar Shield
-Splitfire - Black *

-Stego-Striker - Blue *
-Tankasaurus Rex - Light Green *

#15 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:10 PM

The Red Nightslayer is called "Infra-Red", dunno about the black Splitfire though.

As for the tanks...this seems to be a completely different case than usual here. Unlike the alt colors the box itself features different artwork (even the little cartoon-y bit showing the two tanks dueling on the back of the box is modified!) and there's no text indicating it having a different name. From the looks of it it's exclusively what that region got like how they got the different Battle Bird boxes.

I won't be able to possibly ask my fiancee to take a pic until this monday, but there's really not much to the alt Tankasaurus: he's just slime green with a few bits of pink and the black camo stripes completely removed. I'm not sure what the deal was with that at all. And yeah that seems to be all the alts available, they apparently never did the other two original trucks or battle birds, which kinda sucks as it'd made the common-as-hell Slaughterjaws more appealing :X

Though I still wonder how Sandstinger's counts as "Night Stealth" when it looks like he's going to a rave...

#16 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:47 PM

Thank you one more time for your info, and don't worry for the pic, I'm just curious, but I'm not in a hurry :lol:

#17 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:51 PM

:lol:

What about this?

I have never seen one like this before... it's a pity the seller specifically sais he don't ship outside USA :unknw:

#18 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:25 AM

I'd heard of it (or more accurately, seen the transcription of the spanish manual for it), but had assumed at the time it was a knockoff or Mattel had done the same BS they'd done with the regular hot wheels cars also called "Attack Pack". But apparently yeah, it's genuine and a promo item by Radio Shack and Hot Wheels. Right now I've got my on it, the two growlers owned by another guy who wants too much and another item, so definitely a good month for eBay and these.

You'd figure though with such a spread out series they'd get more coverage than they did...even the Hot Wheels official forum isn't that into them. Also I thought you lived in the U.S.? O_o

#19 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:53 AM

I'd heard of it (or more accurately, seen the transcription of the spanish manual for it), but had assumed at the time it was a knockoff or Mattel had done the same BS they'd done with the regular hot wheels cars also called "Attack Pack". But apparently yeah, it's genuine and a promo item by Radio Shack and Hot Wheels. Right now I've got my on it, the two growlers owned by another guy who wants too much and another item, so definitely a good month for eBay and these.

You'd figure though with such a spread out series they'd get more coverage than they did...even the Hot Wheels official forum isn't that into them. Also I thought you lived in the U.S.? O_o

I suppose the another item your are looking is the Skeletalker in box. I am waiting for the reply of the seller giving me the shipping costs :(

And, no, I'm not living in the USA, I'm from Bilbao, in Spain ;)

#20 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:51 AM

Yep, it's the Skeletalker. I'm really leaning towards it and this new little find to replace the broken one in my collection, so...yeah. :\ The guy with the growlers sure as heck isn't replying any longer, and the fact he mentioned they don't growl any longer makes me dubious on paying the full price for them (as some models did "die" completely for some reason while others didn't).

Plus I'm very curious what the back of the box shows for the advertised models...someone mentioned seeing a released Big Mouth elsewhere so if they're advertised there it's possible those two birds did get released.

Edited by KungFuMan, 13 January 2010 - 10:52 AM.

#21 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:28 AM

Yep, it's the Skeletalker. I'm really leaning towards it and this new little find to replace the broken one in my collection, so...yeah. :\ The guy with the growlers sure as heck isn't replying any longer, and the fact he mentioned they don't growl any longer makes me dubious on paying the full price for them (as some models did "die" completely for some reason while others didn't).

Plus I'm very curious what the back of the box shows for the advertised models...someone mentioned seeing a released Big Mouth elsewhere so if they're advertised there it's possible those two birds did get released.

Congrats for your new Skeletalker and your wire-controlled Attack Pack. Sorry for the high price they ended, but I was really very interested too (I thought I was going to win both but, obviously, I was wrong). Hope they will be relisted anytime.

#22 KungFuMan

KungFuMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:36 AM

It happens, sorry that they don't pop up more online. I went ahead and got a 1994 Mattel catalog, and it with the back of Skeletalker's box confirms that those last two Battle Birds really never did see the light of day (though amusingly enough, the box advertises dishes). Also, catalog shows a very different Skeletalker: white and purple in color. It was probably changed before release but wouldn't surprise me if that one pops up somewhere.

Also noticed your collection has recently added two more silently. XD

#23 Joezilla

Joezilla

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:01 PM

Hey Guys, Joined 'cause of your post. I used to have much of the collection including slimenator (if that was his name), but eons ago I figured goodwill would like them. I normally keep EVERYTHING too.

All that I have left for now are these two guys:

PM me if interested! I would love to see if they would complete someone else's collection

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 Corlan

Corlan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:57 AM

Also noticed your collection has recently added two more silently. XD

Well, I do my best to add more vehicles to my collection, and I have been lucky with these two ;)

And Joezilla, I have them both, but I'm sure KungFuMan will be interested in the large one.

#25 Moocows76

Moocows76

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:09 PM

Hello all,

Just found this website looking for information about Attack Packs. I am trying to sell my entire collection from childhood. I was going to sell on Ebay in a lot but wanted to run it by you guys in case someone wants an individual pack. Respond here or contact me at moocows76@aol.com.

These are in used condition, I played with these as a child and they are not in box. Most are in good condition, they were battled and have some wear and scratches,

Tyranosaurus: I can't get the guns to lock in to fire, and one of the missles has a small piece broken off.
Rip Rat: One of the wheels fell off but is still intact
Slashcat: I think the chassis came off so it rises up in attack position more than normal
Roaring: I am not sure if it still roars or is broken

Please ask me with specific questions for any ones you're interested in, I'll be auctioning the whole lot in a week or so if no one contacts me.

COMPLETE “Birth of the Attack Pack” Series:
Heroic Cat Pack:
Slashcat, Taran-Chewa, Sandstinger, Big Bones

Evil Rat Pack:
Rip Rat, The Darkclaw, Slaughterjaws, Blowtorch

Battle Birds:
Heroic: Terror-Dactyl, Galactibite,
Evil: Splitfire, Slaughter-Skito, Maggot Mouth

Dinosaurs:
Heroic:Stego-Striker
Evil: Tankasaurus Rex

Misc. Roaring Attack Pack (Black with green mouth)

Picture: Attached File  misc_010.jpg   990.95K   41 downloads

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com