• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:38 PM

The part of my M.U.S.C.L.E. collection that holds the most sentimental value for me are the specimens which I have retained from my original childhood collection.
These figures hold a link to the very magic and mystery that drew me to this particular toyline way back when.

An interesting segment of that sub-category of my toy hoard pertains to ruined M.U.S.C.L.E.s; figures that have been irreparably damaged in one way or another.

Most of these were recovered during a series of archeological expeditions specifically seeking toy relics at various sites on and surrounding the grounds of my childhood home.
These expeditions were inspired by the unearthing of a dark blue #141. He was discovered when I noticed his hand poking out of a crack in my parents' driveway.
Attached File  IMG_3131.JPG   35.8K   48 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3133.JPG   44.23K   60 downloads

During the course of these toy-finding missions, conducted in the late 90's, a toy cemetery was uncovered beneath the back porch, as well as a mass grave approximately 50 feet into the woods. Both of these sites, as well as other isolated areas nearby, yielded the bodies of many fallen M.U.S.C.L.E.s, most of which were the victims of the horrors of war:
Attached File  IMG_3140.JPG   31.81K   51 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3141.JPG   35.3K   58 downloadsIMG_3141.JPG]Attached File  IMG_3142.JPG   35.85K   66 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3143.JPG   37.35K   54 downloads
Attached File  IMG_3146.JPG   41.79K   40 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3148.JPG   35.24K   25 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3149.JPG   31.73K   25 downloadsIMG_3149.JPG]Attached File  IMG_3150.JPG   39.06K   30 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3151.JPG   30.4K   31 downloads
Attached File  IMG_3154.JPG   36.06K   34 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3155.JPG   41.76K   51 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3156.JPG   36.64K   24 downloadsIMG_3156.JPG]Attached File  IMG_3157.JPG   37.06K   23 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3158.JPG   31.08K   34 downloads
Attached File  IMG_3159.JPG   42.27K   43 downloads

Some of the recovered bodies had clearly undergone improvised field surgery, which often was just as brutal as the wounds they had already received.
Survival rate after such procedures was exteremely low:
Attached File  IMG_3139.JPG   33.12K   51 downloads
Attached File  IMG_3134.JPG   40.97K   57 downloads
Attached File  IMG_3135.JPG   36.91K   49 downloads
Attached File  IMG_3136.JPG   37.71K   45 downloads
Attached File  IMG_3137.JPG   30.61K   36 downloads
Attached File  IMG_3144.JPG   39.56K   64 downloads

This guy withstood horrific torture at the hands of the enemy. Can you identify him from this photo?:
Attached File  IMG_3161.JPG   34.82K   102 downloads

I also have acquired mutilated M.U.S.C.L.E.s from other people's collections.
Here are two damaged M.U.S.C.L.E.s that belonged to SpectreSuperSix5 back in the 80s. I am especially amused by the guy who was stuck head first into the barrel of a BB gun, which was then fired. The result is a head that is somewhat similar in design to a ball point pen:
Attached File  IMG_3162.JPG   44.53K   79 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3163.JPG   33.89K   65 downloads

Edited by fuzzbuster, 17 April 2010 - 07:48 PM.

#2 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:57 PM

Dude, that's just amazing! Simply fantastic that you found those pieces. These I think are more priceless than even the rarest of super rares. I wish I still had all mine. I've been tempted to see if the lot we lived in when I was a kid is still vacant, and go digging around. :D

Posted Image

#3 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:58 PM

Wild! For some reason I'm reminded of an art exhibit, perhaps because there's a whole "set" of these guys. They've been rendered unique, the activities of their owner permanently freezing that moment in time in their altered forms.

Edited by Nyarlathotep, 17 April 2010 - 07:58 PM.

#4 Merovingian

Merovingian

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E. & NKE 6.0 Mutants

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:58 PM

This guy withstood horrific torture at the hands of the enemy. Can you identify him from this photo?:

Gun golem? #121?
~ Merovingian ~
http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30320&view=findpost&p=264442

#5 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:09 PM

Classic!

It’s as if the muscles were real and they were exhumed from a mass genocide pit years later to reveal a war crime , so disturbing I love it , kind of was in a way though.

I have to say you didn’t hold back mate , there a decent few numbers there , look’s like as soon as one of them stepped outa line they copped the full treatment.

I have a couple like that but they have suffered there dose in more recent time from fire works ,and I believe Tortle has taken that kind of torture to a new level .

Great post!

Mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#6 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:13 PM

I agree with URS, the story behind these figures makes them priceless to the creator/destructor. Very cool post fuzz! I hope you can find more of the lost muscles one day!

#7 SpectreSuperSix5

SpectreSuperSix5

I am not a number. I'm a free man

• Old Guard
  • 2598 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, M.U.S.C.L.E., Xbox 360, firearms, grilling, muscle cars, zombies, and Cartoon Network.

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:49 PM

I forgot about those! :D

The bb guy reminds me of coneheads. "We are from France!"
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

#8 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:59 PM

Sweet post. I only have a couple of my orginal muscles but none have the character that these do. At least you don't have to worry about losing your childhood ones in with all the others you've picked up :D

#9 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:07 PM

That is great! I have found 2 of my original collection.... my brother has a shoebox full....

#10 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:53 AM

You were really butal with these guys. :D

Good to see you recover your childhood MUSCLE with a good story behind it. I unfortunately mixed my childhood MUSCLE with MUSCLE I bought from ebay.

#11 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:53 AM

Attached File  IMG_3167.JPG   29.27K   34 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3168.JPG   39.49K   25 downloads

Each destroyed figure does tell a unique tale. They speak not only of how they died, but also of their lives, and the times they lived in.

Attached File  IMG_3164.JPG   36.56K   28 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3165.JPG   39.49K   22 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3166.JPG   35.54K   33 downloadsIMG_3166.JPG]
This Terryman bootleg figure met his demise in a charcoal hibachi, located on the first tier of the Great Fortress, during an enemy attack in early July of 1988.

I clearly remember watching him, along with other members of his squad, fall helplessly after being surprised by enemy grenade blasts. I also have vivid recollections of the smell of their flesh burning as the fighting escalated all along the first tier, and distinct memories of my father spouting profanities as he fished the still smoking carcasses from the ashes of the battle's aftermath....

Edited by fuzzbuster, 18 April 2010 - 07:54 AM.

#12 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:27 PM

these are awesome and beautiful in their own way. i would have to agree that these look like a weird art exhibit of some sort. the peg leg ashuraman had me laughing out loud. the peg legs are great. i think the unidentified tortured one looks like chortle. these are great.

while i never mutilated muscles, i was a toy mutilator and experimenter as well. my gi joes were the most tortured of the toys. also like you my brother and i buried a ton of toys in the yard. for us, underneath the back porch was a perfect play area. it was just dirt and we dug endless holes and had innumerable battles back there. my brother is actually friends with the people who live there now and they still find toys every once in a while back there!

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

DMT= insert universe into cannon, aim at brain, fire.

ユデッキー - Yudekkii are you one? サタンクロス æ°¸é ã«!(satan cross forever!)
é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#13 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:31 AM

Great post! I love those pictures! :glare:

#14 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:48 AM

Attached File  IMG_3194.JPG   41.3K   23 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3196.JPG   39.29K   17 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3197.JPG   35.85K   12 downloads

I am hoping this summer to launch another expedition to the site of one of the last major battles. At this particular place there once stood an enemy stronghold, which was destroyed in an airstrike in the final days of the war. Most of the structure was burned to the ground, along with many of the personnel contained therein.
I am hoping there will be artifacts still hidden among the ruins.

The logistics of this expedition still need to be worked out. The main issues that need to be addressed are:
1) The location of the proposed dig borders/lies on land no longer within my jurisdiction, i.e. my parents sold that house ten years ago.
2) The site area also borders a middle school. This will not be a problem in the summer so much, but for some reason, a guy with a shovel skulking around in the woods behind a middle school while school is in session is frowned upon. Go figure.

#15 SpectreSuperSix5

SpectreSuperSix5

I am not a number. I'm a free man

• Old Guard
  • 2598 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, M.U.S.C.L.E., Xbox 360, firearms, grilling, muscle cars, zombies, and Cartoon Network.

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:06 AM

I can go with you. I've got a little juice there. The current Chief of Police was my boss for my internship and battle buddies with my old man.
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

#16 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:18 AM

I just want to say that this is the greatest thread. Some of those limb replacements are incredible.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#17 DrBo

DrBo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

Each destroyed figure does tell a unique tale. They speak not only of how they died, but also of their lives, and the times they lived in.

Attached Image: IMG_3164.JPGAttached Image: IMG_3165.JPGAttached Image: IMG_3166.JPGIMG_3166.JPG]
This Terryman bootleg figure met his demise in a charcoal hibachi, located on the first tier of the Great Fortress, during an enemy attack in early July of 1988.

The Last Days of Plastic Pompeii, circa 1988 ;)

Great find Fuzzbuster! I remember having an army men type Xodiac (a bootleg most likely...) my dad had fixed using a ballpen spring to make him a bionic arm, connecting the broken arm part with the body with a new karate chop spring action feature! Good times.

Edited by DrBo, 07 February 2012 - 12:54 PM.

- Dr Bo,
Man of Kitsch, robot and glamour

Ebay user: bdbonhomme

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com