35 replies to this topic

#1 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:22 PM

I was just wondering if anyone knew how long it takes the chemical reaction to occur between the kinkeshi and the kinniku-colliseum? I have my Dr. Bonbe and a few other SR Sculpts displayed in my colliseum but do not want to melt either the figures or the colliseum. Should I just remove them completely? :unknw:

#2 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:25 PM

Figures will be fine. Colosseum won't be. I have seen marks in a matter of weeks. Pull them off or but paper under where they touch.

#3 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:35 PM

Figures will be fine. Colosseum won't be. I have seen marks in a matter of weeks. Pull them off or but paper under where they touch.

Thanks for the quick reply. They have been removed from the colliseum. I aint taken no chances :unknw:

#4 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:17 PM

All Kinkeshi have the plastic melting issue, but I have noticed that it is faster and more extensively damaging process with the yellow figures, for some reason.

#5 rafael

rafael

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:23 AM

All Kinkeshi have the plastic melting issue, but I have noticed that it is faster and more extensively damaging process with the yellow figures, for some reason.

could you tell me more about this melting (d)effect? :banana:

#6 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:39 AM

Something in the chemical composition of Kinkeshi (and likely other keshi) has a caustic effect on most hard plastics.

You will notice that any Kinkeshi left in contact with plastic for a few days or more will start to eat away at the plastic. For instance, if you display your figures on a plastic shelf or device, such as the Kinniku Colliseum, it will not be long before you notice that where ever the figures are standing, there will be permanent indentations of their footprints melted into the plastic.

#7 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:05 AM

Two days is the duration it took for Keshi to start indenting my wrestling ring. I thought I posed them where they were just touching the ropes, but one of them's feet was touching the edge of the ring. It has a divit where the foot was touching.

I then coated tehm with the stuff used to coat fingernails after being painted, and saw nothing more than shiny kinkeshi.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#8 rafael

rafael

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:14 PM

Something in the chemical composition of Kinkeshi (and likely other keshi) has a caustic effect on most hard plastics.

You will notice that any Kinkeshi left in contact with plastic for a few days or more will start to eat away at the plastic. For instance, if you display your figures on a plastic shelf or device, such as the Kinniku Colliseum, it will not be long before you notice that where ever the figures are standing, there will be permanent indentations of their footprints melted into the plastic.

wow, thats scary!

so were to store them ? :banana:

i sue a fisher case thing, with lots of spaces (but this is hard plastic!!!)

#9 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:24 PM

the keshi figures are slightly acidic. they have just enough acidity to start eating at the plastic. it is the same reaction altho much slower as the spray paint on Styrofoam. umm, i have too much college level chemistry under my belt lol (pun intended) if you spray the base of the colliseum with a sealer acrylic, it should prevent the reaction. putting something between the feet and the colliseum base also works. you can even treat the paper with something that has a "base" pH such as a bit of dilluted ammonia

Edited by stoneyface, 10 December 2010 - 03:27 PM.

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

DMT= insert universe into cannon, aim at brain, fire.

ユデッキー - Yudekkii are you one? サタンクロス æ°¸é ã«!(satan cross forever!)
é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#10 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:15 PM

I have always wonder about this chemical reaction situation. I never realize it takes so little time to destroy plastic. Does this also affects the 91's series and 29th anniversary kinkeshi?

Edited by SmokinGun, 10 December 2010 - 06:16 PM.

#11 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:18 PM

Deiner's are really good at breaking down model plastics as well for any concerned.

#12 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:07 PM

:lol: I cannot believe that this is the first time I have ever head of this phenomenon. I have always displayed my Kinkeshi on either wooden or metal shelves... so I guess that explains it.... kinda scary :D
Posted Image

#13 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:22 AM

:D I cannot believe that this is the first time I have ever head of this phenomenon.

Thats funny because I think of it whenever I read your forum name. Sounds like oozing man in my head

#14 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 01:02 PM

Thats funny because I think of it whenever I read your forum name. Sounds like oozing man in my head

:D :D :D

Ya, my forum name really throws people :D It is actually the Romanji spelling of Warsman. If the Katakana is ウォーズマン, then the Romanji would be Uoozuman.... just think of me as Warsman from now on :D
Posted Image

#15 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:48 PM

Wow thats crazy! Glad it doesnt melt ziplock bags

#16 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:23 PM

Not just kinkeshi, but lots of older plastics including dolls (read about it on a doll forum once) it's due to acetone in the plastic. Won't just affect the Colosseum but almost any hard plastic. I had one on my monitor at work that left some footprints.
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#17 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:58 PM

Not just kinkeshi, but lots of older plastics including dolls (read about it on a doll forum once) it's due to acetone in the plastic. Won't just affect the Colosseum but almost any hard plastic. I had one on my monitor at work that left some footprints.

89cpe and I ordered some of those part 25 and 26 dead stock Kinkeshi capsules and when they arrived today, I was shocked to see what a number Kinniku-Melt had done to the capsules :D

It looked like the Kinkeshi had kinda of melted as well, but I decided to open one, and to my surprise they were in perfect shape... The heads on almost every keshi had formed into the clear plastic of the capsules :mellow:
Posted Image

#18 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:54 AM

Rid,

You mentioned that Kinkeshi will also melt M.U.S.C.L.E.'s? Is this verified? I have never seen that happen.

#19 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:12 AM

I'd heard it, although I haven't observed it. I did notice two kinkeshi gaining that "glaze" after being in a boxwith MUSCLEs for a while, but that's the most I saw.

BTW, what about 91 series and 29th anniversary? I haven't observed any meltage with them,yet, at least.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#20 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:49 AM

BTW, what about 91 series and 29th anniversary? I haven't observed any meltage with them,yet, at least.

I know my 91's didn't melt my Colosseum or capsules, so I am pretty sure the chemical reaction was accounted for. Probably why they switched materials.

#21 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:09 AM

Right, but do they have a reaction with the Kinkeshi at all? I have not observed any in mine yet, at least.

#22 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:15 PM

more info on this phenomenon:

the interaction between the coliseum and the figures can also be explained by the same reaction that latex condoms and oil based lubricants have. i am not trying to be overly pervy or anything, it is just a very common example. most people know that petroleum is a major ingredient in plastic. now the very plastic coliseum contains enough of the oils to interact with the latex based rubber keshi figures. the fact that the figures are so acidic just accelerates the process as it acts as a catalyst.

* professor stoneyface steps off his soapbox ;) *

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

DMT= insert universe into cannon, aim at brain, fire.

ユデッキー - Yudekkii are you one? サタンクロス æ°¸é ã«!(satan cross forever!)
é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#23 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

I notice keeping flesh 91's kinkeshi in a tight seal bag for a long period of time. They become slightly oily and start to become yellowish in small parts. The yellowing can easily be rinse off with water.

#24 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

yeah, my '91 figs in their bags seem slightly oily to the touch also.

and i'm not sure how long the melt takes, but i have a few plastic bags with muscle and kinkeshi mixed together and they are all fine, even the bags.

#25 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:37 PM

Good. I actually keep mine in boxes, although the kinkeshi - original, 91, and 29th are all in the same box. I haven't seen any problems with them beyond the two kinkeshi that apparently suffered some damage around mUSCLEs, though. The bootlegs I also keep in their own separate are,a although mixed with some non-Kinnikuman keshi just out of convenience (so I don't lost them).

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com