• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#126 Clawfreak

Clawfreak

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1993 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

Dude, you killed the Glyos bro...Thank you sooo much man and more to come for sure!!

Love those TMNT's, they are very cool...Now you need to do the pig and make it into the warthog one...

#127 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

Your TMNT figures rule!

#128 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:TMNT, m.u.s.c.l.e., GPK's, Classic NES, Transformers...pretty much anything pop-culture related from the 80's & 90's

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

thanks for the comments guys, i appreciate them :)

here are the last of the MOTU inspired muscles. it was a lot of fun to run the gambit with these guys. so many thanks goes to the guy who commissioned them all from me. without him, i would have stopped at only the first few. maybe one day i'll do a webstor and twobad...maybe not. sadley no sorceress, evil lyn, or teela as there are no females in m.u.s.c.l.e. i thought about c.u.t.i.e.s. but to get the specific ones that might work is too much of a pain, so i just did without. enjoy!

Scareglow, King Randor, Snake Mountain, and Leach
Posted Image
Posted Image

Roboto, Snoutspout, and Kobra Khan
Posted Image
Posted Image

the Butcher
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Want to commission me to customize your m.u.s.c.l.e. or any other figure??? then click the link below for further info and message (PM) me if interested :)

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69686&pid=351254&st=0&#entry351254

#129 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:TMNT, m.u.s.c.l.e., GPK's, Classic NES, Transformers...pretty much anything pop-culture related from the 80's & 90's

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:23 AM

Rat King
loosely based off the City at War rendition by the great Jim Lawson as seen here
Posted Image

i was perusing through my old volume one Tales of TMNT books (something i havent done since the early 90's) and i totally forgot that Rat King was intro'd in #4. after reading it, i had an "ah ha" moment. after all these years i just now realized that in the City at War book, splinter fell down the same silo that the Rat King fell into back in Tales. the way splinter found his corps and relized he had been communicating with Rat King's spirit was genius! it actually gave me goose bumps. the combo of the two stories made for the best sub-character story of all the turtles characters, short of the shredder (he'll always be my fav). seriously though that was some moving s#!t!

hope ya'll enjoy :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Want to commission me to customize your m.u.s.c.l.e. or any other figure??? then click the link below for further info and message (PM) me if interested :)

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69686&pid=351254&st=0&#entry351254

#130 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:10 AM

ok, here's a couple items i've finished over the past couple of days. let me know what you think :)

Glyos Mario
Posted Image

Eric Talbot style TMNT Raphael figure. (with two head sculpts)

references
Posted Image
Posted Image

head 1
Posted Image
Posted Image

head 2
Posted Image
Posted Image

#131 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:14 AM

Ross Campbell style Leonardo action figure

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
ref pic
Posted Image

recently Ross illustrated the new Leonardo Micro comic by IDW. as always, he did an amazing job! i freaking LOVE this guys work! if you havent seen it, stop by your local comic shop/ebay and pic up a copy :) he also does the new Glory comic from Image and his older/already established works of wet moon, and shadow eyes.

Edited by PlasticPlayhouse, 06 May 2012 - 06:15 AM.

#132 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

here are a few more commissions i did.

the wrecking crew
Posted Image
Posted Image

thor
Posted Image

this is one i did for the fun of it because it reminded me of Eddie from the Iron Maiden Powerslave album. it's for sale if anyone is interested. $21 shipped to your door.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by PlasticPlayhouse, 09 May 2012 - 03:37 AM.

#133 Clawfreak

Clawfreak

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1993 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

Holy shit Rick, that Iron Maiden is the shits!!! You have a very creative mind bro!!

#134 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:00 AM

here's a recent commission. i painted the new minimates gator to resemble the classic gruesome gator Battle Beasts figure.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

also made a new artist's rendition Ninja Turtle

Custom Stan Sakai style Leonardo action figure

I’ve been a fan of Usagi Yojimbo and Stan’s rendition of the TMNT ever since their first crossover. That crossover was also my introduction to the Usagi character and I grew to really like him. By no means was I diehard fan like I was with the TMNT. In all honesty the availability of the Usagi Yojimbo comics at my local comic shops was random at best and I didn’t go out of my way to get them. But when I saw a copy on the comic rack I would buy it and it always proved to be an enjoyable read.

Over the years my appreciation for the character and Stan’s story telling has grown tremendously. TMNT, UY, and a few choice issues of Cerebus are the ONLY comics that I keep in my small but prized collection. Lol, I guess I have a thing for talking animals… I’m hoping that Stan will do an alternate cover for the new IDW TMNT series. That would be too cool. I can’t say that’s very likely but it’s always possible. At any rate, here is a custom figure that I was inspired to do to show my love and appreciation for Stan’s contribution to the TMNT world and all of his amazing art :)

Initially I went with a standard aggressive kind of facial expression, but while I liked it, I wasn’t getting the full fledged Stan Sakai vibe, so I came up with head sculpt #2 which is much more reflective of Stan’s personalized style. Art is like water; ever changing and adapting. Stan’s rendition of his characters has changed over the years. Most of the differences have been minor, such as the shell pattern, the plastron design, and the heel of the foot. It was tuff to chose, but I went with his Mirage rendition. I know he didn’t color the issue (that was done by Tom Luth if I remember correctly) but I liked how clean and vivid the colors were and it just seemed to fit well.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Here are some reference and work in progress pics
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#135 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:15 AM

OH man...... that´s a hell of a job you´ve done on that minimate fig Rick, it even looks cool now :)

This guy has awesome skills and by now we all know he´s not only great in making TMNT.

Can´t wait to receive an update on my figs after seeing this Gator, remember everytime I get to see these awesome customs from you my expectations are gettinge even higher ;)

Edited by GJNL, 12 June 2012 - 07:16 AM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#136 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Mega Bloks
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:18 AM

you by far surpassed my wants and expectations with what I wanted on the gator! I cant wait to get him safely home with his gator family :p
Posted Image

#137 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:08 AM

here's a couple of mini's i customized and are available FOR SALE here
http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=125314

Toy Story...the afterlife
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by PlasticPlayhouse, 27 June 2012 - 05:53 AM.

#138 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

here's a few new mini's that i painted up. two weird balls and an Ultimate Warrior m.u.s.c.l.e. the detail in his mask looks better in person.
Posted Image

this one i've been sitting on for quite a while. just now finally got around to finishing it up. while i was never a huge fan of the secret of the ooze, i did like the super shredder. TMNT 1 was and will most likely always be the best :D

Super Shredder
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#139 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

The Ultimate Warrior!!! Love it.

What kind of paint do you use btw?
Posted Image

#140 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

Wow! You got a hell of a talent!
I love everything you have done so far!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#141 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:06 PM

TMNT m.u.s.c.l.e.
Posted Image
Posted Image

comments and feedback are always appreciated :)

I want a set like this! WOW!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#142 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

Uoozu-thanks man. I use citadel paints. Expensive, but I love'em.

Meatcutta-thanks! That tmnt muscle set was fun. I sold it a while back. I take commissions, so if you wanted a set I could make one for you.

#143 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

amazing work as always! going to have to hit you up for another custom soon as my budget recovers from the beast saga pre orders :p
Posted Image

#144 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:05 AM

Sound good to me boost! I'm always down for some fun customs :)

Edited by PlasticPlayhouse, 17 July 2012 - 01:37 PM.

#145 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

here's plasticsoul/eric nilla's new crite all painted up. these are just quick pics with my phone. the figure looks better in person. the highlights are more gray and less blue in person.
Posted Image

here's a couple Battle Beast customs I've done recently. i have two more on the way :)
Posted Image

and a Still Jill that i painted for Jackson
Posted Image

Edited by PlasticPlayhouse, 17 July 2012 - 01:43 PM.

#146 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

custom painted Hulk Hogan and Iron Sheik m.u.s.c.l.e. figures
Posted Image
Posted Image

also another pic of the crit
Posted Image

#147 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:27 AM

i love that critter and the battle beats man. I cant wait to get that ram to you!
Posted Image

#148 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

finally had a little down time, so i snaped a few pics of some new stuff.

Michael Zulli style Leonardo
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ref
Posted Image

ok so really it could be anyone of the brothers. each of the brothers do have a unique shape pattern painted on their shells (as seen in the reference) but i'm not sure which one belongs to who.

what can i say about Zulli...he illustrated and wrote the fantastic "Soul's Winter" series in volume one. it is easily the most unique story and art that have graced the pages of TMNT to date and probably one of the greatests. when i first read the story, i was blown away by the spin he put on splinter and shredder. his rendering of the turtles transported my imagination to another planet, never to return the same. he is a true master of his craft.

next up is some more Battle Beast custom goodness. i really need to invest in a new camera. this one doesnt seem to want to focus all that well on the smaller items :(

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#149 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:24 AM

Awesome job again Rick!
You really made a sea turtle out of that guy.

Can't wait to have my custom Army of all BB Reptiles and Amphibians completed.

PM'ed you with some details.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#150 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

Whack! (that's the sound of my jaw hitting the floor)

Wow, incredible work.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com