43 replies to this topic

#1 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 03 October 2002 - 10:16 PM

Hey guys, guess what??? Remember the famous purple hand auction that went for 150+? Remember me thinking it was a crock of sh:t and pissed I got outbid by a greedy seller that had a hook up? Get this, he emails me a couple days ago saying something like "Hey I think the buyer is going to back out of this, if you are still interested in this auction, give me an offer." I am already pissed at this guy, so my offer was about ten dollars, I explained to him that the auction really isn't worth crap, and all I wanted was the purple claw. He emails me back with pretty much a fuk you response, and tells me he will be relisting the purple claw beat up four packs again soon, and if I wanted it to bid on it. I think this guy is a greedy piece of crap, and I wanted to encourage all of you not to bid on this. With exception of beligerant. I know there will be other bidders, but if no one from the akia bids, hopefully Beligerant can get it for less than $20. Even if he gets out bid, I will not touch this auction because I think the seller is a lying piece of sh:t. Good luck beligerant, I hope no one on the boards snipes you. Also feel free to email this a-hole, and letting him know what a fuk wad he is. Once he posts the auction again, I will be emailing ebay with a complaint about a fraud. :stupid:

#2 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 03 October 2002 - 10:56 PM

Holy crap!!! That's crazy! I may be tempted to bid on this though. I mean, a second chance at the purple claw! Wow! :stupid:

But then again...

:woot:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#3 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 02:39 AM

hey guys its up! looks like i wont have to snipe seeing as i can buy it now for $125 big ones!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/...item=1774609085
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#4 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 06:07 AM

Okay gang, I urge that NO ONE bids on this auction! He bumped up the price with a ficticious account so that he could see how much the stuff is worth. Now that he has a good idea of what he thinks it's worth, he's going to try to squeeze as much money out of us as he can! The only way we can stop this toy seller fraud is to not bid on his auctions! I know it's a rare figure and all, but come on, guys... don't give in to this bullsh!t...

-Nathan

#5 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 06:10 AM

I agree totally, only Beligerant should bid on this, and the 35 dollar starting price is a fuking joke. This just proves there is more out there somewhere, they will surface sooner or later. I want it bad, but I want people like this to stop fuking us over even more. This guy is an a-hole.

#6 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 06:26 AM

I agree totally, only Beligerant should bid on this, and the 35 dollar starting price is a fuking joke.

Nobody should bid on this so that this goddammed seller eats his auction cost. $35 for a bunch of four-packs is INSANE. If nobody from this group bids on the auction, I doubt it will sell because MUSCLE collectors not on the AKIA Forums won't know about the purple Hand, and won't bid the outrageous starting bid. Please, everybody... DON'T BID ON THIS AUCTION. If you do, you knowingly and willfully promote this seller's fraud and encourage him to do it again.

-Nathan

#7 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 06:57 AM

Get this guys, remember the buyer of this auction the last time it was here (Yapiel) or somehting like that, look at this a-holes feedback, and guess who left a positive feedback for a purple hand auction? Yapiel!!!! Thats odd considering he says the transaction never took place, man I am pissed.

#8 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22187 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 08:08 AM

I hate scammers...

Scammer or shill bidding. I think this was previously investigated also. Here's more proof.

The seller selling this items, claims it is a relisting due to a non paying bidder. Here is the current item.
http://cgi.ebay.com/...item=1774609085

Here is the original item that supposedly wasn't paid for. But the high bidder yapiel left positive feedback for the seller (even though he supposedly hadn't paid for it. Hmmm.)
http://cgi.ebay.com/...item=1765447818

Looks like shill bidding to me....

So does eBay... :woot:

I think his account is about to get cancelled..........

#9 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 08:20 AM

Damn, I hope so.

#10 EASports

EASports

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 09:58 AM

$125 buy it now. Wow. Has anyone emailed him to confront him about the shady yapiel situation?

Not to defend the guy, but here's the feedback that yapiel left

"Great ebayer, very thoughtful, extremely understanding, would buy from again"

I think you could take this either way. Either that he "supposedly" did make the purchase "would buy from AGAIN", and then he's the same person and a sneaky creep. Or that yapiel actually did back out, saying that he's "extremely understanding". So even though it's pretty convenient and suspicious, it might, MIGHT be legit...

But he still sucks. He says "low minimum bid" and it's $35. What's that?
"Let's go home"
"We are home"
"That was fast"

#11 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 02:47 PM

Hey guys, sorry to bring this up again, but I have been stewing over this auction all day. I think that if Beligerant and Myself can resist this auction everybody else should considering we need the purple claw the most. I was also wondering if anybody has or thinks I should email the few who bid on it last time to encourage them not to also. A few high rollers that usually do not spend time in the akia. I assume they are mart enough to recognise the auction, but not sure if they would resist bidding as well.

#12 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 04:37 PM

You guys,

I saw the auction and bid on it, that was before I came to AKIA today though and saw this thread. I am ashamed but it's the purple hand! I wonder if this seller is a shill bidder seller considering what you guys said and the fact that Yapiel left positive feedback to a transaction that did not take place. Hmmm... :D

;)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#13 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 04:54 PM

I saw the auction and bid on it, that was before I came to AKIA today though and saw this thread

You already posted on this thread man, how can you say that? Well..... I hope nobody else caves in and he only rapes us muscle heads for $35. If you are tempted on bidding on that other a-holes auction because of the nakano san figure, i will send you mine to save us some humility.

#14 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 06:50 PM

I saw the auction and bid on it, that was before I came to AKIA today though and saw this thread.  I am ashamed but it's the purple hand!

Can't you retract your bid? I mean, the guy's obviously a scam artist, and that's a pretty good reason, I think...

But, like I said, this crap will just keep happening, over and over again, if we finally don't just take a goddamned stand and stop tolerating it. Toy dealer maggots have been doing this for years... and why? Because WE BUY FROM THEM ANYWAY. What incentive are we giving them to stop? What toy dealer will stop raping the collectors just because a few people send some scathing emails? "Hey, we think you're a scum-licker for shill bidding the auction, but we'll spend that extra money and buy from you anyway! So please stop shill bidding!" :D

We need to get a grip. Is a purple Hand really worth this?!

Anyway, I hope there's no offense taken on your part, arforbes... as Elvis would say, "Ah'm not talkin' bout you, Ah'm talkin' bout somebodeh else..."

And to that scalper running the auction: eff that toy-scalping, crap-licking, dork monkey up his arse with a chain-saw. (Just a little exercise for the censor.) ;)

-Nathan

#15 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 06:55 PM

I agree totally man, I was willing to pay $150 for this figure when I thought he was a legit seller, now I would not pay $5. Which is why I was not going to touch this auction. Muscles will never go down in price if this crap keeps happening over and over. I am glad I have at least one person who can see this.

#16 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 07:10 PM

I am glad I have at least one person who can see this.

Yeah, I'm glad to see somebody else that's just as bitter about this toy scalping crap as I am! Give in to your hate, Doc... Strike this auction down with all of your anger and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!

-Nathan :D

#17 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22187 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 07:15 PM

Holy crap!!!  That's crazy!  I may be tempted to bid on this though.  I mean, a second chance at the purple claw!  Wow!   :D

But then again...

eBay bid on Oct-04-02 16:49:43 PDT

You guys,

I saw the auction and bid on it, that was before I came to AKIA today though and saw this thread. I am ashamed but it's the purple hand! I wonder if this seller is a shill bidder seller considering what you guys said and the fact that Yapiel left positive feedback to a transaction that did not take place. Hmmm...  

Hmmmm.....
Alex............

Dude, if you want to buy it, then buy it. No need to try to justify it.
Just as long as you realize that he is more than likely, a dishonest seller and you may get took. (besides, eBay will probably cancel it beforehand anyway)
And if you want to cancel your bid, you can up to 24 hours before it closes I believe.
If I were so in need of a purple hand, I would email him and offer him a small dollar amount for the hand or something like that. I wouldn't bid on any of his auctions at all. But noone says you can't, we just think it will just encourage him to be a scam artist.

#18 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 10:37 PM

I saw the auction and bid on it, that was before I came to AKIA today though and saw this thread

You already posted on this thread man, how can you say that? Well..... I hope nobody else caves in and he only rapes us muscle heads for $35. If you are tempted on bidding on that other a-holes auction because of the nakano san figure, i will send you mine to save us some humility.

You guys,

I had posted in this thread before I had seen the hard evidence, that yapiel had left positive feedback after an unsuccessful transaction. Before I bid, I was hoping to have this second opportunity to get the purple hand, and I went to ebay today and bid on it when I saw it, out of excitement mostly. Then I came back to this thread and saw Doc's post about yapiel's positive feedback on this transaction. When I saw this I got worried...

But then I saw EASPorts' post and had thought maybe he could be legit after the point EASports made. I don't really know if the seller is a scammer or not, but I think I am going to sit out the auction and find out. If worse comes to worse, I won't end up with the purple hand. If the bid doesn't reach as high as it did last time, and then the seller relists it again, then we will know for sure that he's a scammer.

But seriously, don't think that I was lying or anything, I just got caught up in the moment once again after seeing that this auction had been relisted. Now that I have read what you guys have posted today, I am more concerned of course, but I have never had to retract a bid, and think I can figure this out if I sit it out. If he doesn't want to sell after another winning bid, like if the winning bid doesn't quite reach $150+, and then relists again, that I think would be sufficient evidence that he is a damn scalping rip-off artist. We'll see...

:D
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#19 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22187 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 11:24 PM

Good luck!

#20 EVOM

EVOM

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 05 October 2002 - 12:14 AM

I looked at that picture of the purple hand for an hour!! I asked myself many questions- how much would it get up to if arforbes, myself, and someone like yapiel or whatever new ebay account name this guy uses bids on it? Do I really care if I encourage this loser? Do I really care if I did end up with it and everyone here at AKIA thinks I`m a scumbag?

Well here is what I think- There are more important things in life than a F-ING purple hand!!!! I do agree with You guys that this is so assanine that it`s gotta stop! Things like this really show me that it`s not hard to get caught up in meaningless things in life. Ya gotta put things in perspective and look at the big picture!! If one of You asks for us not to bid on a certain auction, I don`t bid, if there are figs in the lot that I want I email You guys and try to work something out. But lets remember that it`s a two way street.

#21 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 05 October 2002 - 07:03 AM

But seriously, don't think that I was lying or anything, I just got caught up in the moment once again after seeing that this auction had been relisted.

Nah, I didn't think you were lying, there was alot said after your first post that if you hadn't been checking the boards you would have no idea about. Frankly, I'd be wonderfully satisfied to see the auction go for $35, when he could have sold it for $150. The a-hole would be out $115!!! :D

However, I reiterate that if this guy gets the bids he got before, we are only encouraging him to do his same shtick again. It's not the scalpers that are destroying the toy collecting hobby, it's us. Remember, these toy dealing maggots wouldn't scalp or shill bid if we weren't dumb enough to fall for their crap over and over again.

I agree with evom777. In reality, the major reason why most of us even care about a purple Hand is that we think it's rare. I say, screw it... let's not bid on it, and let arforbes have it for only $35. That way, not only do we give arforbes an early Christmas present, but more importantly, we REALLY screw over the seller who will be out $115.

Also, we force the seller to do something stupid... like trying to relist it instead of selling it for $35. Then we can report him to Ebay and really nail him. Mwa ha ha ha....

-Nathan

#22 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 05 October 2002 - 09:14 AM

and the best part is?

he's blissfully unaware of the conspiracy against him, and his scumbag scalper ways.......

#23 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22187 posts

Posted 05 October 2002 - 10:43 AM

I say, screw it... let's not bid on it, and let arforbes have it for only $35. That way, not only do we give arforbes an early Christmas present, but more importantly, we REALLY screw over the seller who will be out $115.

Also, we force the seller to do something stupid... like trying to relist it instead of selling it for $35. Then we can report him to Ebay and really nail him. Mwa ha ha ha....

-Nathan

I do concur, sir! e+

#24 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 05 October 2002 - 11:58 AM

Hey...

...Shouldn't someone go to the original $150 auction, and take some screenshots? This IS a muscle record- most paid for a single non-rare figure?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#25 EASports

EASports

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 05 October 2002 - 07:06 PM

...Shouldn't someone go to the original $150 auction, and take some screenshots? This IS a muscle record- most paid for a single non-rare figure?

I don't think it's fair at all to call the purple hand non-rare. How many have been seen? just this one? Well, I'm no scientologist, but I think that pretty closely meets the definition of rare, regardless of how many were produced and distributed.
"Let's go home"
"We are home"
"That was fast"

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com