7 replies to this topic

#1 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 09:10 PM

I just got the new Sunshine Romando in from xxxxxxx.com. I have to say that I am very pleased. It took xxxxxxx.com about 10 days to get it shipped to me, but the wait was well worth it. I have the orginial Sunshine Romando and while I like the figure, I had some major complaints. First, I didn't like that he was hollow and very light. Second, I didn't like the fact that he had no practical articulation. Third, I didn't like how he stood at a slant like he was going to fall forward. Maybe that is just my figure that I have or I can't get him posed properly. At any rate, I was hoping that the new Sunshine Romando would have corrected some of these problems. Read the review to find you for yourself.

Name: Sunshine
Company: Romando
Package: Carded blister pack

Size: An impressive 12" tall. The orignal Sunshine Romando was a little over 11" but since he stands at a tilt he looks about 10" tall. The Sunshine 2004 is also a little wider and thicker than the orginal Sunshine Romando.

Weight: The Sunshine 2004 is still a rotocast figure. Therefore, he is hollow inside and is much lighter than he looks. However, he is slightly heavier than the old Sunshine Romando since he is also larger than the orginal Sunshine Romando.

Looks: 4.5 out of 5 Sunshine 2004 looks fantastic. The sculpt is very well done. There is enough detail with all the many "bricks" that make up his body without him being too hyper-detailed or realistic. It is a nice balance between detail and simplicity so the figure looks like the cartoon character come to life.

Gone is the old Sunshine's goofy smiling head, which I liked. Instead, Sunshine 2004 sports a more serious/frowning face. The paint job is well done. The colors are perfect and the paint gives this figure excellent depth and texture. This guy really looks like he is made from sand stone bricks.

Articulation: 4 out of 5 This is where Sunshine 2004 just kicks the crap out of the old Sunshine Romando. This big boy has 17 points of articulation at his neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hands, hips, upper thighs, knees and ankles. The orginal Sunshine Romando only had a pathetic 7 points of articulation.

But, it isn't just the points of articulation that make him so sweet. It is the fantastic range of motion that these points of articualtion give him. His elbows and knees have double jointed articulation allowing him to bend his arms and legs in a wide range of motion. Also, his upper thigh/hip joint is a ball joint that rotates around 360 degrees. My only complaint is that he doesn't have any finger articulation. However, that is a common drawback on all Romandos. Regardless, Sunshine 2004 has excellent poseability for such a large figure.

Accessories: N/A Sunshine 2004 does come with a a key with the sun emblem on one end that you push into the keyhole in his chest. I don't really consider that an accessory. It is just a neat way to pu the final decoration piece on your figure. I can't really think of any accessories that I would want with Sunshine, so I have no complaints that he doesn't come with any.

Action Feature: N/A I guess the old Sunshine Romando has a variation of an action feature in that his chest plate came off revealing the "grinder" wheels in his chest. Sunshine 2004 does not have that feature.

Value: 3 out of 5 This is where most Romandos take a big hit. They just are not cheap. It doesn't matter the figure. It is hard to find a good deal on Romandos. Sunshine cost $45.00.

Big boy definately isn't cheap and there is no whay I can call him a good buy. However, considering that he is a very large action figure with nice articualtion and the fact that you can't get him in America, I thought the price was worth paying to get my paws on this figure.

Coolness: 4.5 out of 5 Hell yeah, Sunshine 2004 is cool! Just look at him! He is big, looks imposing, has great poseability and, most important, he is Sunshine! This is by far one of the coolest figures I have.

Overall: 4 out of 5 I love this figure. Sunshine 2004 immediately became my favorite Romando. The combination of size, sculpt and articulation make this an impressive figure. He definately stands out when displayed with a bunch of other figures. If you are looking for a Romando to add to your collection then I definately recommend that you get this figure.

#2 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 09:11 PM

Sunshine kneeling.

Attached Files

Edited by Rokk, 19 March 2004 - 09:12 PM.

#3 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 09:14 PM

Sunshine triumphant.

Attached Files

#4 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 09:15 PM

Old Sunshine (right) meet New Sunshine (left).

Attached Files

Edited by Rokk, 19 March 2004 - 09:16 PM.

#5 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 09:24 PM

Sunshine showing off his moves.

Attached Files

#6 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 09:26 PM

Good review. If I had any extra money I would try to get myself a romando or two (mainly Robin Mask and Brocken Jr.).

The figure looks rather nice, as well as the old one.

Posted Image

#7 hell_teacher

hell_teacher

Saiyan Rage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:comics,action figures,rock concerts.

Posted 19 March 2004 - 09:44 PM

really sunshine 2004 rocks 10 times better then the original,im still awaiting to get kinnikuman(king muscle) because i still didnt send my money order yet,but hopelly soon.
Posted Image
They kill me,i was in Hell and the demons tought me the powers of Hell,my power is more terrible then the demons themshelfs,i escape and come back to life but like a Gold Demon.

#8 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 02:41 PM

This is a lot better than the original, although I'm still partial to mine (had it since July, 2000)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com