Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Rise of the Beasts! Help us Kickstart this new toyline!

• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#276 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:Transformers
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:01 AM

45$ to go!! Come on guys and gals! :drinks:

Edited by Onyxiaphil, 14 March 2012 - 06:04 AM.

#277 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:41 AM

NOOOOOooooooo!!! WTF, I go to change my pledge to hit the goal then I had to reset my password for some reason, then when I went to change it, I get a message says it closed a minute ago. Dog gamnnit. I will still pay the extra $30 if it hepls everybody. :(

#278 sanjeev

sanjeev

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:45 AM

Edit: Ooop...I guess I should wait for the official word before freaking out! ;)

"From Plastic Imagination:

A fantastic opportunity has presented itself that Plastic !magination simply could not refuse regarding the Rise of The Beasts line. This opportunity allows them to bring the line to market without asking the fans to make a pledge in advance and allows them far greater flexibility regarding the frequency of new characters being released. They are ecstatic about this opportunity and believe the fans will be as well.

From me:

The first figures will be here in June (the first of which will be the Golden Lion) and the rest soon after.

For those of you who have pledged at the $1100 or $1500 levels, you will still have the same opportunity down the road, after the initial product order is in and you have a chance to see the product in person.

Thank you all for your support for this Kickstarter! We will be updating you here and via the thread at LittleRubberGuys.com, thanks!"

Edited by sanjeev, 14 March 2012 - 06:47 AM.

--
Sanjeev

instagram

blog

#279 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:45 AM

It says FUNDING CANCELLED.!?! :shock:

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#280 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:46 AM

Hey guys, something sweet has come up. I have been Skyping for about an hour with P!. The figures will still be coming out, there is just no longer a need to tie up your guys's cash for 4 months.

First figures will be here in June.

I was pretty bummed that they asked me to cancel the Kickstarter, but I was jazzed when I found out why. I'll let you know details as soon as I get the OK.

#281 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:46 AM

Funding cancelled? What the?
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#282 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:50 AM

Hey guys, something sweet has come up. I have been Skyping for about an hour with P!. The figures will still be coming out, there is just no longer a need to tie up your guys's cash for 4 months.

First figures will be here in June.

I was pretty bummed that they asked me to cancel the Kickstarter, but I was jazzed when I found out why. I'll let you know details as soon as I get the OK.

Very cool...
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#283 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:50 AM

Can't wait to get the details on this. I cranked up my pledge to 200$ to get some original artwork.

:starwars:

#284 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:53 AM

I'm back from my trip and was just checking my mail a few hours ago and of course soon visited the Kickstarter site. As I was a little bit concerned about the 11.000 goal before I left I was pleased to see it had been reached easily, at least it looked like it.

BUT indeed wtf why was it cancelled 3 min. before ending...............
Hope there's a good explanation for it as this will be a bummer for all the people who've been supporting this project by pledging in some dollars.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#285 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:08 AM

Do reproduction rub signs fit on the open square space on their chests?

#286 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

what does it mean? Are our cards still being charged today? Are our names still in a list to receive are orders? Or did someone buy out the line on the promise we will have an oppurtunity to buy them again in june?

#287 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:23 AM

No cards are being charged. No one bought out the line. Figures will still be available starting in June.
Cuttle, they won't take standard sized rubs, but the chest cavities will be uniform.

#288 sanjeev

sanjeev

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:30 AM

Do reproduction rub signs fit on the open square space on their chests?

Interesting question though...

Sorry if this has already been asked, but John, have you thought of contacting someone like Reprolabels to do custom rub symbols for this line?

Could be hot!

--
Sanjeev

instagram

blog

#289 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:31 AM

The figures are still being released and i dont have to be charged up front .

I can live with that :D
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#290 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:31 AM

Interesting question though...

Sorry if this has already been asked, but John, have you thought of contacting someone like Reprolabels to do custom rub symbols for this line?

Could be hot!

No, but once the figures are out, there will be nothing stopping a 3rd party from doing that. :)

#291 adam16bit

adam16bit

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts. Battle Beasts. Beast Saga. OMFG.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:35 AM

Can you elaborate on the Gold Lions? Am I to assume lots will be made and it will no longer be exclusive?

Gotta say I'm a little confused. But that's to be expected.

--Adam Pawlus
16bit.com and elsewhere

#292 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:41 AM

Im confused to. What about all the incentives for the pledges, like the art, or free series two figures and exclusive figures. Are those no longer available and the figures are just going to be available for purchase? I will still pick up a set, but I have to be honest, I was looking forward to the freebies and exclusive stuff for my pledge.

#293 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:45 AM

That's great, probably some company saw the potential of this figures and decided to step in helping the process.

*begin dream**
Maybe Onell Design? How cool would it be if they embrace the glyos system..?
*end dream*

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#294 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:45 AM

I am not jumping on any hate wagon. Hopefuly a detailed explanation will be given about this matter.

#295 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

I really dont see a down side to this. The figures are coming out in June and we arent being charged up front for the figures. Something really good must have happened behind the scenes!
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#296 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:53 AM

That's great, probably some company saw the potential of this figures and decided to step in helping the process.

*begin dream**
Maybe Onell Design? How cool would it be if they embrace the glyos system..?
*end dream*

Holy crap that would be awesome!

#297 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

I am extremely soured by these actions. You should have let the kickstarter project play out. I wanted to support this project and looked forward to my purchase option. I'm sure all participants felt the same. I only signed up to amazon and kickstarter for this project alone. Canceling the auction in the final minutes will always feel shady. If these are available for retail in June I will not be purchasing any.

A few pages back your Mother praised your success on this project. I hope whatever back room buisness deal you've made makes her just as proud. I doubt you will have any luck with any future kickstarter endeavours.

#298 Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:02 AM

I am not happy and feel used.
Posted Image

#299 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

I am extremely soured by these actions. You should have let the kickstarter project play out. I wanted to support this project and looked forward to my purchase option. I'm sure all participants felt the same. I only signed up to amazon and kickstarter for this project alone. Canceling the auction in the final minutes will always feel shady. If these are available for retail in June I will not be purchasing any.

A few pages back your Mother praised your success on this project. I hope whatever back room buisness deal you've made makes her just as proud. I doubt you will have any luck with any future kickstarter endeavours.

I'm guessing many people who pledged feel the exact same way; however, before criticizing the decision you should wait until the details are released about the deal that was made.

Everyone could be better off from this deal. For example: what if a midmajor toy company will release these now? What if part of that agreement was for the new company to honor all of the pledges if people are still interested? What if the new company can release them 1 month earlier? What if that new company can work with a better manufacturer to produce a better toy? Wouldn't you still be happier, and, in fact, better off?

Of course, none of that may be true and instead the rights to the toys were bought, prices will be raised, quality will be inferior, pledges and freebies/incentives won't be honored, etc. BUT, at the very least you should withhold judgement until the details are released.

#300 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:08 AM

I'm guessing many people who pledged feel the exact same way; however, before criticizing the decision you should wait until the details are released about the deal that was made.

Everyone could be better off from this deal. For example: what if a midmajor toy company will release these now? What if part of that agreement was for the new company to honor all of the pledges if people are still interested? What if the new company can release them 1 month earlier? What if that new company can work with a better manufacturer to produce a better toy? Wouldn't you still be happier, and, in fact, better off?

Of course, none of that may be true and instead the rights to the toys were bought, prices will be raised, quality will be inferior, pledges and freebies/incentives won't be honored, etc. BUT, at the very least you should withhold judgement until the details are released.

I agree. I think it's a no brainer that Jkaris knows that if he doesn't keep the same stipulations (free gold figure....) he'll lose a lot of customers. I'm sure Jkaris has thought of that.

Edited by vette88, 14 March 2012 - 08:09 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com