127 replies to this topic

#1 jax0n

jax0n

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 05:45 AM

For those who might be interested, I put my M.U.S.C.L.E. Asyuraman with Spinning head up for bid on eBay about 25 minutes ago. I've attached the actual pic that I used in my eBay add. It covers all angles, faces, body shots, etc..

Starting Bid: $1.00
No Reserve
10 day Auction
Item number: 6000400517
Listed Under: M.U.S.C.L.E. RARE ASYURAMAN w/ SPINNING HEAD

http://www.vedgie.com/spinhead.jpg

thanks,
J

Attached Files

#2 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 05:50 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

#3 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 18 September 2005 - 08:41 AM

Very cool!

If you don't mind, could you share some information about the figure with us here at AKIA?

For instance, where and when did you get it? Was it loose or in packaging? Etc.

Good luck with your auction.
Posted Image

#4 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 04:06 AM

According to the eBay auction information, the seller's had the figure "sealed away for the last 20 years."

If true, that likely means the seller has had the figure since 1987, at least. Damn, I'd really like to know how and where he got it!

:ph34r:

However, the head is not connected to the body, as the kinnikuman version is when it's mint. Hm..

Edited by Soupie, 19 September 2005 - 04:07 AM.

Posted Image

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 11:29 AM

Can you post a hi res pic with it next to another muscle or two?

#6 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:10 PM

I am gonna be honest here...

#1 I don't like that it is a 1 feedback seller who's location is USA.

#2 I don't like that there is not a photo of the back.

#3 I don't like that the tips of the toes are cut off in the photo.

#4 I don't like the fact that they are only selling this one SUPER RARE figure and NOT the rest of their collection that has been, "sealed away for the last 20 years."

They need to post more photos like the bottoms of the feet, the back, a comparison with another muscle, etc...

From what I see, it APPEARS to be the real deal, however, I would LOVE to see a close up of the head and maybe one of the figure being bent to show it's flexibility.

I have not made any flexible flesh SHA or other super rares.

TGB

#7 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

Boobie Smooth the Politician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 20 September 2005 - 02:44 AM

he has posted other auctions of regular figures too.
Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

#8 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 05:13 AM

he has posted other auctions of regular figures too.

I stand corrected on #4...so he owned 6 muscles that have been in storage for 20 years, one just happens to be a SHA, and after 20 years...he knows that it is a SUPER RARE figure that needs to be brought to the attention of the muscle collecting community? If so, that is seriously fortunate of the collectors here to have yet another SHA surface!

I won't go as far as saying that the SHA is getting as common as a Satan Cross, but, I never thought I would see the day that sooooo many of these have surfaced.

TGB

#9 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 05:21 AM

I also find it interesting that the seller hasn't returned here (yet) to clarify some of our questions.

I mean, why not? The more information detailing its authenticity and condition the better. Right?

Oh, he's too busy? Sure.
Posted Image

#10 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2005 - 05:24 AM

Part of an answer from his auction:

As for my Asyuraman, this was something I actually traded for many years ago. And from what I can remember, I only traded away a 10 pack bin for it.

This worries me a little bit. Perhaps he traded some kid who had got the figure out of a vending machine.The fact that he isn’t the original owner hurts the credibility of it being 100% authentic.

And this isn’t a knock on him, just a knock on memories from childhood.

#11 jax0n

jax0n

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 06:00 AM

Hey Everyone, and especially TheGodBeast,
First off, it really doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure out why I've got a 1 for feedback.
As a matter of fact, I'm not even going to answer that one because its a no-brainer...

Ok Everybody, Gather around and view the Pics: (Tribute to TheGodBeast)

http://www.vedgie.com/pic01.jpg
http://www.vedgie.com/pic02.jpg
http://www.vedgie.com/pic03.jpg
http://www.vedgie.com/pic04.jpg
http://www.vedgie.com/pic05.jpg
http://www.vedgie.com/pic06.jpg
http://www.vedgie.com/pic07.jpg

I started collecting at an early age. I collected everything from Star Wars (Kenner), Transformers (G1), to M.U.S.C.L.E men.
F.Y.I. in the next couple of weeks, I'm going to be putting many of these collectibles up for bid, including my Little Pink friends. I've got (2) of the 28 pack sets (Cosmic Crunchers & Showdown) still in boxes, a slew of clear colored 10 pack bins, Wrestling Ring still in box, and many loose fleshies that were from 4 packs. As for my Asyuraman, this was something I actually traded for many years ago. And from what I can remember, I only traded away a 10 pack bin for it. And I've had it ever since.

I hope this answers all of your questions. But if not, PLEASE feel free to email me with any other questions you may have.
Thank you,
Dave
jax0n@charter.net B)

#12 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2005 - 06:30 AM

Hey Everyone, and especially TheGodBeast,
First off, it really doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure out why I've got a 1 for feedback.
As a matter of fact, I'm not even going to answer that one because its a no-brainer...

I started collecting at an early age. I collected everything from Star Wars (Kenner), Transformers (G1), to M.U.S.C.L.E men.
F.Y.I. in the next couple of weeks, I'm going to be putting many of these collectibles up for bid, including my Little Pink friends.  I've got (2) of the 28 pack sets (Cosmic Crunchers & Showdown) still in boxes, a slew of clear colored 10 pack bins, Wrestling Ring still in box, and many loose fleshies that were from 4 packs.  As for my Asyuraman, this was something I actually traded for many years ago.  And from what I can remember, I only traded away a 10 pack bin for it.  And I've had it ever since.

I hope this answers all of your questions. But if not, PLEASE feel free to email me with any other questions you may have.
Thank you,
Dave
jax0n@charter.net B)

From his auction:

I'm getting many emails from people wanting to know more on my Asyuraman. I apologize for not including this info at the start of the auction, but this last week is the first time in over a year that I'm trying to sell some items on eBay again. I started collecting at an early age. I collected everything from Star Wars (Kenner), Transformers (G1), to M.U.S.C.L.E men. F.Y.I. in the next couple of weeks, I'm going to be putting many of these collectibles up for bid, including my Little Pink friends. I've got (2) of the 28 pack sets (Cosmic Crunchers & Showdown) still in boxes, a slew of clear colored 10 pack bins, Wrestling Ring still in box, and many loose fleshies that were from 4 packs. As for my Asyuraman, this was something I actually traded for many years ago. And from what I can remember, I only traded away a 10 pack bin for it. And I've had it ever since. I hope this answers all of your questions. But if not, PLEASE feel free to email me with any other questions you may have. Thank you, Dave jax0n@charter.net

I think people here were looking for more information than what's in your auction.

And I think it's a fair point that Godbeast is concerned about a "1" feedback. Especially because you said, "...last week is the first time in over a year that I'm trying to sell some items on eBay again."

So either you're lying, or didn't use your former account - which raises concerns that there could have been some negative feedback.

#13 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 20 September 2005 - 06:35 AM

I would LOVE to see a close up of the other head and maybe one of the figure being bent over to show it's flexibility.

I have not made it with any flexible flesh SHA or other super rares but I am ready and waiting to do so.

TGB

Marty you perv, go satisy your prurient interests elsewhere! B)
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#14 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 06:36 AM

First of all, thanks for the reply. Personally, I'm after the information simply to satisfy my geeky curiosity about MUSCLEs. I'm not going to bid on the figure.

Sorry if our tone here sounds "harsh." However, the timing of this auction in regards to the recent "article" on SC had me (and I'm sure others) concerned.

Past SHA have gone for a nice chunk of money, as I'm sure you know.

Would you mind sharing where in the US you traded for the SHA?

Do you know anything about the kid you got it from, i.e. did his dad deal with toys, Mattel, large women, are toy stores?

Did the SHA come in a blister pack or in a MUSCLE Garbage Can?

Were the two pieces ever attached?

Sorry to pester you, but having these questions definitively answered would be awesome! Thanks.
Posted Image

#15 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 07:42 AM

Hi Jax0n, can you post a pic with him next to other fleshies? I think a good shot with him next to other pinks for reference will help dissuade any doubt and help you get top dollar on this auction. With good pics, you should still be able to swing $300+ even though you only have 1 feedback so far.

Personally guys, he looks like a M.U.S.C.L.E. to me, even down to the gloss and mold flashing. I would like to see a few comparison pics though. For certain, it isn't a GB custom or a Kinkeshi.

#16 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:04 AM

I didn't mean to be a D I C K, however, with me making customs, comes a sort of responsibility that NO ONE EVER gets taken on any of my customs being passed off as REAL.

Now, with these added photos, I can honestly say...IT LOOKS AUTHENTIC to me! It is FOR SURE NOT one of my custom SHA.

Dave/jax0n I am sorry if I came off rude or overly critical, however, when you have a piece of such rarity that commands $300 or so, you have to expect questions and requests for more photos! B)

I wish you luck and you have a nice SHA that SHOULD make you some serious $$$. :(

Good Luck!

TGB

#17 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:05 AM

FYI to those wondering...

The seam lines on the bottom of the feet are a dead give-away that it is NOT one of my customs! B)

TGB

#18 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 03:54 PM

Damn sceptics... B)

This is legit. Stop being so effing negative every time one of these pops up. I understand your concern with authenticity, but these are the real deal. I guess it takes having held one in your hands to know.

Here's what I am going to do...I am going to try to win this one and then mail to everyone on the boards who wants to see for themselves. You just have to promise to mail it back. :(

:D

I was kidding about that though, although that does seem like a good solution to all this Super Rare authenticity questioning. Hmmm...now I am thinking about doing it.

Edited by arforbes, 20 September 2005 - 03:54 PM.

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#19 TOPHER

TOPHER

Chit Happens.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Interests:My Recording Studio, Video Games, Shelby Cobras, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle/Laser/Greek Beasts, MIMP+WIMP, Remco Mini Mashers, Figurines holding any kind of musical instrument, Weird Ball Wrestlers......

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:43 PM

Thanks.jaxon for posting picks,no longer sceptical.

Hey Alex,looks like you're real busy sellin off those Kinkeshi how
about you let me do the honors of trying to win the SHA. e+ .
OK now that Satan+ got his,TGB can make as many as he chooses,
jkaris is probably busy with newbies selling Muscles for less than $3 a pop,
Gilgar set his max(unless you've changed your bidding habits ;) ),
Veers has his eye on the display case(so do I,but your still on top,so I'm
not touching it,till someone else overtakes you.)
Phillymadison...Haven't seen him on the forums lately,is he OK?(He's got 2).
Sure as heck I'll try for this one,heck,one more to add to the
6,500+ Muscles(I'll stop at 7K,that's what I said at 5K. :fop: )Just 1 more.
'On Sale' or 'For Sale'. It's really the same thing! The word, 'Sale' means YOU CAN BUY IT,
not that it is discounted. We as consumers are conditioned to think"On Sale"means it's cheaper.
Posted Image

#20 jax0n

jax0n

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 04:12 AM

Hey everyone,
thanks for making me feel a part of this board again. =)
I want to let you know that I added some (High-Res) 800x600 pics to the Auction page.
As you can imagine, I've been getting alot of email regarding more pictures.

I've included a couple of "group" pictures with about 14 other figures and (SHA) in the middle, more close ups, and a shot of the group from above.

Thanks again.
Dave

#21 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 05:24 AM

Hey everyone,
thanks for making me feel a part of this board again.  =)
I want to let you know that I added some (High-Res) 800x600 pics to the Auction page.
As you can imagine, I've been getting alot of email regarding more pictures.

I've included a couple of "group" pictures with about 14 other figures and (SHA) in the middle, more close ups, and a shot of the group from above.

Thanks again.
Dave

The "INVERTED" photo should put EVERYONE'S mind at ease....that proves this figure is REAL! :fop: e+ ;) ;) :lol:

TGB

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 21 September 2005 - 05:24 AM.

#22 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 21 September 2005 - 06:24 AM

Thanks.jaxon for posting picks,no longer sceptical.

Hey Alex,looks like you're real busy sellin off those Kinkeshi how
about you let me do the honors of trying to win the SHA. ;) .
OK now that Satan+ got his,TGB can make as many as he chooses,
jkaris is probably busy with newbies selling Muscles for less than $3 a pop,
Gilgar set his max(unless you've changed your bidding habits :lol: ),
Veers has his eye on the display case(so do I,but your still on top,so I'm
not touching it,till someone else overtakes you.)
Phillymadison...Haven't seen him on the forums lately,is he OK?(He's got 2).
Sure as heck I'll try for this one,heck,one more to add to the
6,500+ Muscles(I'll stop at 7K,that's what I said at 5K. :fop: )Just 1 more.

Thanks for the play-by-play Chris! e+

Yeah, I'm still holding out to find my Super Rares in a lot everyone misses (Like that dang Dark Emperor - if they hadn't been so dirty I'd have looked closer--but I know better now) or at a thrift store somewhere. Although ya never know, I'll snipe if the price doesn't get too crazy!!

Should we do a poll on how many are eyeing the store display???? count me in there too! ;)
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#23 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2005 - 06:34 AM

Should we do a poll on how many are eyeing the store display???? count me in there too! e+

:fop:

#24 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 08:26 AM

Should we do a poll on how many are eyeing the store display???? count me in there too! e+

I was, but I put a bid in on SHA instead.

Ahh, what the hell. I put in a bid.

#25 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:21 AM

Ah, jax0ff, offers no insight into the mysterious origins of SHA.

Will we never learn the secrets of the MUSCLE super rares?

Too be continued...
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com