45 replies to this topic

#26 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:05 AM

Ah, I see. I actually realized that after I posted.

If this eases your conscience at all, Jkaris, the owner of this forum, once had 11 rare MUSCLEs in his possession and sold all of them. He's a dedicated collector and has done a lot for the MUSCLE community over the years... but something tells me he hasn't lost too much sleep over selling those figures. :o

But then again, maybe he has. :rofl:
Posted Image

#27 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:50 PM

Cool! Welcome to the Boards man! I wish my dad could have afforded to buy me a $100 bucks worth of muscles back in the day! :mcmadd:

It's really neat to read your story, and if I'm not mistaken, your actually the first collector who has had a Super Rare since you were a kid! Like Soupie said, many people who had Rares ended up selling them and never became collectors! As far as collecting goes, I don't think you will be done anytime soon. I have nearly 2 complete flesh sets and over 400 different colored figs, and really I believe it's the thrill of the hunt that drives most of us to continue collecting! I mean there is always the possibility of one of us finding a Super Rare figure! In fact most of the ones found so far were either on a hunch, by chance, or mistake. Most of us have that desire to find a Rare figure to call our own someday. :unsure:

Posted Image

#28 msugarpants

msugarpants

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:01 PM

right on, O universal ruler!

as for buying more.....marraige, mortgage, kids, cars will do funny things to you...

I also collect yamato, 60's psych records, baseball cards (stopped in 92. still have tons!), colored punk vinyl (currently my biggest endevour), star wars of old (yeah, i have them too), and nearly an entire room of simpsons, and eons of music on a TB of hard drive space, So, i have my hands in a lot of stuff. not sure i can do much other than discuss muscle for now! being a teacher, i can summon my students to ask their folks if they collected them, since some are my age! I got a PS2 that way...and am working on some other old school systems i am missing. This summer, i am going to bring back all my old stuff....my toy box and everything....and see what other treasures i have. Once i sold a pile of G.I. joe stuff (a small pile) to a guy for 50 cents, knowing it was worth more, but not caring since i could not stand GI joe. we were both happy! (ok, so i have a minimal amount of regret since the incarnation of ebay, i guess)

wait, this is a muscle forum. Sorry guys!!! black hole sunshine forever, YO! All BOW DOWN to the little pink men who could kick all our asses!

mike

Edited by msugarpants, 23 January 2008 - 01:06 PM.

#29 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22194 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:26 PM

wait, this is a muscle forum. Sorry guys!!! black hole sunshine forever, YO! All BOW DOWN to the little pink men who could kick all our asses!

mike

:mcmadd:

A lot of us actually collect quite an ecclectic mix of stuff, from MUSCLE to BattleBeasts, to Hot Wheels, to other generic little rubber guys. Hell, some of us are into collecting random pounds and gray hairs too!

But yep, I scored a killer lot of 11 SR figures from Japan once and promptly sold off about half, keeping my favorites for myself. I ended up selling those too though, once I started slimming down my toy collection. :(
No lost sleep, but I do miss having them in my hot little hands! :unsure:

#30 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:50 PM

Oh boy, Soupie here is gonna make me feel REALLY guilty if i decide to sell it! Because he is right! (i am assuming you are a he).

LoL figuring out if Soupie is a he or a he/she still remains to be one of the most unsolveable mysteries in the muscle community, more so than the super rare phenom. :mcmadd: welcome to the boards friend, and thanks for the story, I always get a kick out of muscle history, especially involving SR's.

#31 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:03 PM

Well, yet another BHS has been discovered, this one complete with the peg not attached to the figure... [it] still looks to be in awesome shape and adds to the number of BHS figure discovered. :mcmadd:

That's cool and all, but I take it that no one yet has found another A-Hole sunshine lying around anywhere yet have they? :unsure: :( B)
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#32 msugarpants

msugarpants

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:46 PM

who you callin a-hole? hey now, watch it partner

hey, if you have not seen these other guys, let me know what you know about them. i posted questions in the exo/muscle forum and the forum about other small rubber stuff.

i know what the smaller ones are, but i am unaware of any online information about scarcity, value or whatever.

Well, yet another BHS has been discovered, this one complete with the peg not attached to the figure... [it] still looks to be in awesome shape and adds to the number of BHS figure discovered. :lol:

That's cool and all, but I take it that no one yet has found another A-Hole sunshine lying around anywhere yet have they? :lol: ;) B)

Attached Files

#33 msugarpants

msugarpants

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:55 PM

a look alike contest, minus the smile. whuddya think?

Attached Files

#34 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:28 PM

Soupie, what i was saying was, I am a fan. A true fan. I dont want to sell. But if i did, i would feel guilty...as if i am not a true fan, and just trying to cash it. I have been talking to someone about that possibility...and it is sorta tearing me up...

Yeah, this guy turned out to be a real MUSCLE fanatic! :p

Sooo, who ended up buying this figure?
Posted Image

#35 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:37 PM

Something seems sneaky around here. :p

Posted Image

#36 Black Hole Sunshine

Black Hole Sunshine

Half man, half PVC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:80's toylines (M.U.S.C.L.E., M.A.S.K., MOTU, Madballs, Spinjas, Battle Beasts), Pokemon, vintage video games, NES, working out, playing music....

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:25 PM

He did say that he had a buyer for it, but I didn't ask who, I figured I wouldn't be nosy...Though I am a bit curious! Anyone :p
I research M.U.S.C.L.E.!!! Help me out!!!!

#37 msugarpants

msugarpants

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 11:29 PM

Thanks for the back-up sunshine. yeah, unfortunately parted with it. That person will probably come forward when they want. He knew i did not really want to part with it, so i think he is just playing it cool for a while. He got a good deal compared to market value, and i was happy that someone else was so thrilled with it as i always was thrilled with all my pink men as a kid....well, except those skinny weak ass mo-fo's who always got their asses beat. Nothing fishy here, though. Financial situation brought upon by a car stereo / wife situation kinda forced me to sell. The guy also sent me some old star blazer / yamato records from japan (circa 1980's) which are really cool, so thats better than cash that just goes out the window. It worked out for the both of us. maybe it'll come back my way sometime. maybe not. That person assured me he is not turning around to sell it at a profit. If he wants to discuss the purchase, and how much of a pain in the ass i was with flip-flopping (should i /shouldnt i sell), then they can do so. Until then, i will try n talk to my old friends in P.A....see if they have any in storage anywhere. Meanwhile, i dont think i need to post daily or even weekly to show myself as a 'real fan'. (not totally sure what that person meant by the above comment) Fact is i spent hours wrestling these guys to a dracula bloody pulp before some of the people on these forums were born. I dont keep track of color stats and will likely stay away from the science end of it all, but it has been and still is a fun trip down memory lane and a good read. I dont assume that since you, or most people on the forum did not have these when you were in 6th grade, that i am arrogantly the only true fan here. That would be silly. we all dig the pinkness! Thats why i still have each and every one of mine from 22 years ago. They meant that much to me. Lucky for me, i had BHS for 22 years...only really knowing what i had for the last year. Pretty exciting for the year. Still is. And now, i am sharing knowing someone else is feeling the same. peace ya'll. its past my bedtime.

Attached Files

#38 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:12 AM

Despite how it sounds, I didn't intend for my post to be judgmental. Remember, I was encouraging you to sell the figure. What I meant was, after all the back and forth about being a real, true collector, etc., etc., you ended up contributing on the board just long enough to make a sale on the figure and then -- I assumed* -- dropped off the face of the earth. Keep in mind that this is the pattern that every other Super Rare seller has followed (which is why I encouraged you to sell the figure in the first place). If you're still actively collecting MUSCLE men and other toys, I apologize, but I just assumed, again, that you were not. I'm glad you sold BHS to a MUSCLE collector and now have money to appease the wifey. ;)

Whether a rare coin or rare toy figure, I think it much better for someone not truly interested in collecting to sell the piece for good $$$ and get it into the hands of a collector who would truly appreciate such a rare piece.

You don't owe me or anyone an explanation for anything. (I'm not sure what URS thinks is fishy?)

*I assumed you were gone because you never replied to my offer for those gumball machine figures.
Posted Image

#39 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:28 AM

What I meant was, after all the back and forth about being a real, true collector, etc., etc., you ended up contributing on the board just long enough to make a sale on the figure and then -- I assumed* -- dropped off the face of the earth. Keep in mind that this is the pattern that every other Super Rare seller has followed.

Except for me! ;)

Edited by arforbes, 16 February 2008 - 08:28 AM.

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#40 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:37 AM

Except for me! :D

Arforbes, you're in a category all by yourself! ;) You could probably give up MUSCLE collecting completely, sell off your entire collection, and then find a mint super rare, still in packaging, lying on the street outside your house the next day or something! :lol:
Posted Image

#41 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:41 AM

Except for me! :D

Arforbes, you're in a category all by yourself! ;) You could probably give up MUSCLE collecting completely, sell off your entire collection, and then find a mint super rare, still in packaging, lying on the street outside your house the next day or something! :lol:

HAHA! That's funny man, thanks for the good laugh! :D
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#42 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 01:43 PM

I was referring to the person who bought it as sneaky. :woot: But fish sounds pretty good right now! :lol:

Posted Image

#43 msugarpants

msugarpants

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 02:43 PM

Sorry also soupy. I kinda felt like i had lots to contribute and investigate being a super rare owner. Now, it does not feel like that as much. hence, the not writing on the boards so much. plus, grades were due a bit ago, and i have been swamped with that stuff. those other gumball figures i might just put on auction and see what happens. if its .50 cents each, then it is what it is. its all cool n the gang, dog. just lets all give each other a great big intranet hug. go!

#44 msugarpants

msugarpants

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:58 PM

I was referring to the person who bought it as sneaky. :) But fish sounds pretty good right now! :D

Interesting. It was Alex, who bought it. He supposedly bought it for a friend and was representing this 'friend' even though alex bought it, i shipped to him, and the payment came from him. I emailed this supposed friend, and it all seemed legit. yet, you guys...months ago...said something here seems fishy. after reading the forums (which i have not done in months), i see Alex was posibly involved in some shady type dealings. I am not unhappy with the deal i got...but it was all a bit strange.

#45 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:44 AM

How much did you sell it for?

And could I be less surprised Gollum bought it. :)

#46 msugarpants

msugarpants

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:38 AM

How much did you sell it for?

And could I be less surprised Gollum bought it. :)

I sold him for 475, plus another 80 in Ebay auction stuff that alex bid on for me (long story short...wife would not let me bid on ebay since i am a recovering addict). So, see that there are more BHS without the center piece, I probably gave alex....i mean "William Blaze"...a good deal, but I needed the cash quick. I am not bitter with him, i just dont understand the purpose of creating an alias. I woulda sold it to 'alex' also. ebay woulda been good to give ya'll a chance. i miss him and weep at night. No i dont but, i sure did love my muscles when i was a kid.

So yeah, whoever figured out the sale seemed fishy was apparently right on about it. Have any more Super rares popped up at all in the last year?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com