36 replies to this topic

#1 The Gorilla is the Best

The Gorilla is the Best

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:45 PM

I will never put in the $ to have the kind of amazing collections I have seen here, (unless I hit a gold mine.) But I already have several custom gorillas and am thinking I will try and really specialize my collection. Please help me think of any I miss and what they cost.
I can think of:
The regular gorilla: $5 (already have)
Orangle Gorilla :$15?
Is there a gumball gorilla, and what does he cost if he exists?
Greek gorillas. I haven't seen one but I bet they are out there. If they are, do they come in many different colors? If so, how many, if any one knows? Finally, what do they cost?
Jump up gorilla ($5?)
Please let me know if I am missing anything and what the higher end ones would cost. Thanks a lot.

#2 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 23 October 2006 - 02:05 PM

also the gorilla with unpainted face...

greek gorilla exist at least in pink and silver.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#3 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 02:17 PM

I was wondering myself about the Gorilla...

In the checklist/price guide it says

Orange plastic armor variant. Came with the Battle Beasts Bandolier.

Is this definitely the only way to get the orange one? I was only wondering as I have not been collecting BBs very long and in the last few weeks I have seen 3 UK auctions with Orange gorillas (one of which I snapped up :lol: ) and only 1 red gorilla. There was also 1 full figure and 1 arm that I'm not sure which colour they are...

Is this just coincidence??

Posted Image

#4 mbright

mbright

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 03:44 PM

Orange G

is this an orange one?
霹雳怪兽军团

#5 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts
  • Interests:Shoot, too many to list.<br /><br />First and foremost...MY AMAZING WIFEY!!<br /><br />-Soccer<br />-Obviously a BIG TIME BEASTFORMERS collector!! <br />-NCAA Football...specifically <br /> *Boise State University<br /> *University Of Utah<br /> *Brigham Young University<br /> *University of Southern California<br /><br />-NFL -Buffalo Bills &amp; Raidernation<br />-I am a bit of a gymn junkie<br /> When I think of some more I will let ya know

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:00 PM

Looks like it. :lol:
Posted Image

Keepin' it real, keepin' it gangsta...Keepin' it Real Gangsta.

#6 pooyabee

pooyabee

Wooly Mastodon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:03 PM

Has ANYONE ever seen a gorilla with unpainted face other than the one in the price guide? I have been watching for years and have yet to find one. Does anyone else have one?
Posted Image

#7 roland13

roland13

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:15 PM

The unpainted Faced Gorilla is a paint error, It is not a full on variation. I have a few various Beasts with paint errors, but not the Gorilla. Only Marty has one of those that I am aware of.

As for Gorillas I have a black Greek one, 2 different shades of the orange version (Probably Bandolier & Japanese) And 3 different shades of the red gorilla.

Eaon

#8 mbright

mbright

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:36 PM

The unpainted Faced Gorilla is a paint error, It is not a full on variation. I have a few various Beasts with paint errors, but not the Gorilla. Only Marty has one of those that I am aware of.

As for Gorillas I have a black Greek one, 2 different shades of the orange version (Probably Bandolier & Japanese) And 3 different shades of the red gorilla.

Eaon

I believe roland13 is totally right on this.

Actually, there r lots "paint error" that we haven't seen here so far.

As I'v mentined before, I only got loose ones in China when I was a kid. and many of them are incorrectly painted. (since they were made in China? off the productoin line.)

I have had a red left hand Mouse, pink leg Flamingo, and even a totally un-painted Buffalo (pure gray).

That's one reason I was sort of hesitate to go for vari. in collection. You never know which is a valueable piece and which is just random/one-time MIS.

just my 2c
霹雳怪兽军团

#9 The Gorilla is the Best

The Gorilla is the Best

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:02 PM

Whoa, a black greek one? :lol: I don't know if I'd be willing to pay the price, but if it is for sale or trade pm me. Also, is there a gorilla gumball beast? And what would he likely sell for? Thanks?

#10 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:17 PM

:D Good luck getting a Gorilla Jump-Up for $5! You might be looking more like $25-$30. :D

Personally I don't think that one-of-a-kind paint errors should make the guide, as that's not really something one can really try to obtain. Maybe they should be pictured under the reg. pic's details? Same with the one-leg unpainted Mouse and Seahorn. :lol:

grimey
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#11 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:21 PM

Posted Image

The value on these can vary greatly, and given some of the collectors today I'd say the value has gone up substantially lately. Same with the Greek ones. :lol:

grimey
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#12 The Gorilla is the Best

The Gorilla is the Best

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:22 PM

" Good luck getting a Gorilla Jump-Up for $5! You might be looking more like $25-$30. "

Ahh. That's why I had a "?" after my $5. I didnt realize those were worth much. Thanks for letting me know.

#13 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:23 AM

Im a Gorilla fan myself (the Gorilla was the figure that originally cinched the deal and made me jump into the fray lol) so i appreciate this thread.
I didnt even know gorilla variations existed ...

WHat is a Jump Up Gorilla or for that matter a Gum Ball Figure (similar to gashapon i.e. they were sold via gum ball machines?)?

I still havent had a gorilla arrive at my door step yet B)
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#14 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:21 AM

I have had a red left hand Mouse, pink leg Flamingo, and even a totally un-painted Buffalo (pure gray).

I demand pics! B) :D I would love to see these if you still have them?

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#15 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 07:13 AM

What is a Jump Up Gorilla or for that matter a Gum Ball Figure (similar to gashapon i.e. they were sold via gum ball machines?)?

If you want to see a "jump up" look at Grimer's collection photos. They are the torso of the BB with a suctioncup and spring at the base. You push it down and eventually the cup releases and the spring pops it in the air.

The "gumball beasts" are the pure white ones (scroll up like 3 or so posts). There are like 15 or so know (numbers 1-18 ish), look in the guide to see pictures. They were sold in gumball machines in Japan. I think that was the only way to get them?? B)
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#16 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 07:34 AM

What is a Jump Up Gorilla or for that matter a Gum Ball Figure (similar to gashapon i.e. they were sold via gum ball machines?)?

If you want to see a "jump up" look at Grimer's collection photos. They are the torso of the BB with a suctioncup and spring at the base. You push it down and eventually the cup releases and the spring pops it in the air.

The "gumball beasts" are the pure white ones (scroll up like 3 or so posts). There are like 15 or so know (numbers 1-18 ish), look in the guide to see pictures. They were sold in gumball machines in Japan. I think that was the only way to get them?? B)

*Smacks head*

Jump up...of course. Ive seen these on this site at some point in the past. Thank you for the heads up (was that a pun?) :D

The gorilla looks pretty freaky (in a positive way) in that color.

Im lookinmg forward to receiving one of these at some point. Considering he is the most "human" of the bunch ive kinda taken a liking to him.
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#17 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 07:40 AM

:D Good luck getting a Gorilla Jump-Up for $5! You might be looking more like $25-$30. B)

Personally I don't think that one-of-a-kind paint errors should make the guide, as that's not really something one can really try to obtain. Maybe they should be pictured under the reg. pic's details? Same with the one-leg unpainted Mouse and Seahorn. B)

grimey

That is your opinion...personally I THINK that all variants no matter if it be an official production variant or paint error it SHOULD be in the guide. Everyone likes to see what exists and I guarntee that if I offered up my unpainted face Gorilla (which I found in a UK BB lot auction a LONG time ago) it would sell to another collector on this board for $$$ money. It is truly a gem. The unpainted face makes him looks soooooooo much meaner/kewler!!!

Also, in my personal opinion, the pop ups are probably the second worst novelty toy made in this line...first being those stupid arse sunglasses. Now if they had a ton of pop ups like the SDs, they might look super kewl on display as group.

The only white gumball beast I own is the Gorilla.

TGB

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 24 October 2006 - 11:25 AM.

#18 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 07:40 AM

Personally I don't think that one-of-a-kind paint errors should make the guide, as that's not really something one can really try to obtain. Maybe they should be pictured under the reg. pic's details? Same with the one-leg unpainted Mouse and Seahorn. B)

Can one of the MODs split this off so we can talk about this further?? :D I dont want to jack someone's thread. B)
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#19 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:25 AM

Orange gorilla also came on 2 pack french BB.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#20 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts
  • Interests:Shoot, too many to list.<br /><br />First and foremost...MY AMAZING WIFEY!!<br /><br />-Soccer<br />-Obviously a BIG TIME BEASTFORMERS collector!! <br />-NCAA Football...specifically <br /> *Boise State University<br /> *University Of Utah<br /> *Brigham Young University<br /> *University of Southern California<br /><br />-NFL -Buffalo Bills &amp; Raidernation<br />-I am a bit of a gymn junkie<br /> When I think of some more I will let ya know

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:43 AM

Okay, topic split. B)
Posted Image

Keepin' it real, keepin' it gangsta...Keepin' it Real Gangsta.

#21 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:23 AM

They actually aren't pure white...they are sort of a creamy off white. :D

TGB

#22 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:27 AM

I don't think it is jackin' up anyone's thread...we were discussing Gorillas, pop ups, and white gumballs...threads can evolve a little w/o completely going off topic. Not to mention, there is a lot of talk about variations in this thread. :D

I am moving it back...no offense to either Andrew or Murphy. B) B) e+

TGB

#23 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:33 AM

Man you messed me up! I was trying to post and then I got an error.....took me a few seconds to realize what happend! B)

This is where I wanted to take the topic:

I was thinking that we should discuss this topic since it is clearly something on some peoples minds (at least 3 people I know of).

I guess the main question is, should factory errors be listed in the guide as "stand alone" figures?

Personally, I would say no. I know when I started collecting I was deff keeping my eyes pealed for a gorilla with an unpainted face. I didnt realized that it was a factory error and that the chances of me getting one was slim to none. I know that Steve added in that they were factory errors, but I dont think a "noob" would get it right away.
I was thinking that we might add the pictures of variants under the page for that figure. Or if that will be too many pictures a link could be added? e+ Or maybe an whole new guide section for paint errors, sorta like a freak show. :D

Anyone else have an opinion on the topic.....keeping in mind that it is all up to Johnny? Dont want another Scrapy incident! B) :D
Posted Image

#24 The Gorilla is the Best

The Gorilla is the Best

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:43 AM

I think a paint error section is a good idea.

#25 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:20 PM

Or maybe an whole new guide section for paint errors, sorta like a freak show. :D

Anyone else have an opinion on the topic.....keeping in mind that it is all up to Johnny? Dont want another Scrapy incident! :ulp: :D

The "Freak Show" area is the "BF.com Yearbook" thread!!! :ulp:

I still think that this discussion is within the realm of the original post...he wanted to know all variations of Gorilla and people told him, then the discussion spun a bit to variants/errors/guide all within the realm, because of the Gorilla unpainted face error.

Honestly...factory paint errors are NOT one of a kinds necessarily. If a paint sprayer runs out of paint or clogs...then there COULD be several in a row or a whole batch that missed that paint app.

Also look at the Porcupine...the sideburns are unpainted on a certain variant of that figure and there are more than one. As well as the bear that Gabe had 2 w/ unpainted yellow box on the crotch.

So whether or not they should be seperated out into their own photo/slot or simply a photo included on the regular figure's slot...that is the question...

I don't have a problem with their being a section called "Paint Errors & Oddities" or something like that, BUT, I would insist that BEFORE we do that, we get EVERYONE to list in a thread EXACTLY which paint errors/oddity variants they own so we can accurately track how many of each exist in collector's collections.

What do you all think? ;)

TGB

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com