39 replies to this topic

#1 Wrath1104

Wrath1104

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:49 AM

Okay, so I am only missing a handful of things to complete some collections, and I was wondering what is the most elusive figure/item to complete your collections from some of the toy lines other than the ones discussed on a daily basis.

Give: The toy line ... The item ... How long you have been searching for it ... and the closest call to acquiring it

Thanx!
If it weren't for the good guys, we'd all be BAD!

#2 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:11 AM

Street Fighter (SOTA Toys) Gen (Black variant limited to 300 released, Japanese Exclusive)

As far as I know this is the only true variant figure I need to complete my SOTA SF collection. There may be another, but this is the one if I got I could feel like my set is 100% complete. I've been looking for it for about 2 years now I think.

My closest call was via eBay auction. I was highest bidder, and tried to stay that way, but got snipped at the last seconds, and despite my attempts to stay on top of it, I lost it by $2 bucks. :lol: That was about 6 months ago. I have only seen 2 on eBay since I started collecting the line back in 07'

Great topic! :wacko:

Posted Image

#3 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:34 AM

power lords by revel, figure: bakatak. been wanting to get this guy for years, only recently got the real name for him through the identification subforum here. came close once. ended up being the second highest bidder after getting sniped in the last 3 seconds. he's rarely up for sale by himself. he' often in complete lots of power lords which go for way too much money when i only want a few of the figures. i will get him some day though. oh yes, he will be mine. :wacko:

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#4 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:33 PM

Unproduced Droids and Ewoks cartoon figures. But, honestly - I don't think I've even searched eBay for these in, at least, 3 years. Bootlegs used to pop up from time to time for about $100 each.

#5 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:36 PM

Monster Wrestlers, Coach Harry Headlock.
I have EVERYTHING from this line, including the ones you could only get in... was it Long John Silver's? Is that a place?
It's just the training set I need. I have Double Header and Smasher Basher, but still need Coach Harry Headlock, the bench thingy and the weights. That's all.

Also, for the Super Scary MIMP, I'm desperately after Hanuman. Only recently found out he even existed, as Europe didn't get him for offensive reasons.

There's a few of those "extra" MIMP Dinosaurs I need, like the Plesiosaurus.

And for Madballs Head-Poppers, I'm in need of Oculus Orbis, Slobulus, Lock Lips, Horn Head and the trike. There's a trike on eBay right now, but it hasn't got Horn Head with it. In fact, lots of these are on eBay a lot of the time, but most of mine've been gotten as bargains. Not up for paying £20 for one figure!

My comics blog - mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 1980s and 1990s
Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

#6 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:41 PM

Diamond Select First Contact Data for me. It had an insanely low production run (1701... get it?) but it's not particularly expensive. It's just a pain to find it.

#7 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:02 PM

I only need Ultimoja to complete my Gamoja collection. Never seen one even come up for sale. I think one came up recently on Australian eBay, if Google is to be believed, and went for the truly sickening price of $10. I would gladly have paid ten times that, but don't get me started on sellers who won't ship internationally...

#8 Run Amuck Duck

Run Amuck Duck

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:50 AM

Oh, it's an easy one for me: the 3-3/4" scale A-Team van from Galoob.

I literally owns HUNDREDS of items with Mr. T's face on it. Both 12" dolls, action figures in every scale, lots and lots of paper stuff, prototypes, a painting, comic books, Chia heads, rare VHS tapes, original artwork for the lunchbox by Aladdin, costumes, freakin' time cards the actors used on the A-Team, contracts signed by Mr. T...it's an absurd amount of stuff.

So you'd think with my love for action figures AND Mr. T that I'd own this van, right? I own more than a dozen different toy versions of the van. I own a large plastic one. I own the die-cast one from Ertl. I own versions from South America. I own die-cast 1:43 scale versions. And none of them have given me any trouble, price or hunt.

The 3-3/4" scale van (the "Tactical Van Playset", as it's technically called) has never been easy.

1. For some reason, it does seem somewhat rare. I think this is because it's an iconic vehicle from the 1980s, so much like Knight Rider's KITT 2000 and the Magnum P.I. Corvette are desirable, I think this piece is desirable by anyone who loves the 1980s, not just A-Team/Mr. T collectors like myself.

2. If it's loose, it almost ALWAYS has a problem with the headlights on top or the grill. Stuff is broken or cracked, and even professional dealers won't notice the issues until I point them out. And I refuse to buy broken toys unless I know I can replace the broken part, and in this case, you can't.

3. Let's say the van is perfect. It also came with a hodge podge of accessories, a stop sign and a few other traffic pieces. Why are they there? I don't know, but unless they are present, the van isn't complete.

What bothers me even more is that I own multiples of the B.A. figure that came with this van.

When I was in high school, I went to an antique show where a dealer inexplicably had the van, totally complete, with all 8 3-3/4" figures (VERY common). They wanted $125 firm for everything. I started collecting Mr. T stuff because it was cheap, so I balked at the price. Now? If presented with that opportunity again, I wouldn't hesitate for a second.

#9 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:54 AM

original beast wars rattrap and terrorsaur.

#10 Wrath1104

Wrath1104

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:49 PM

Like I said earlier, there are a handful of things to complete my collections ... I'm going to start with my #1, which I eventually got, and then the ones that are getting me right now.

Snarlie Narlie from The Rock Lords ... I got into collecting Rock Lords around 2002. When I first saw her on eBay, she was going for about $50. She was missing the battery cover and had a broken horn. I missed the auction by $1. That same week I saw two more that went for $125-$250. I didn't bid on them, and I waited until mid year 2008 before I finally found one.
I paid a very, very reasonable price for mine ... But the best part is ... I got mine "IN THE BOX"!!!

Currently:

I am trying to complete my Super Naturals collection, and I cannot find a 'COMPLETE' Bat Bopper vehicle and I still to this day, after nearly 8 years of collecting, have never seen Dark Dragon.

Edited by Wrath1104, 25 November 2009 - 12:50 PM.

#11 Wrath1104

Wrath1104

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:04 AM

Like I said earlier, there are a handful of things to complete my collections ... I'm going to start with my #1, which I eventually got, and then the ones that are getting me right now.

Snarlie Narlie from The Rock Lords ... I got into collecting Rock Lords around 2002. When I first saw her on eBay, she was going for about $50. She was missing the battery cover and had a broken horn. I missed the auction by $1. That same week I saw two more that went for $125-$250. I didn't bid on them, and I waited until mid year 2008 before I finally found one.
I paid a very, very reasonable price for mine ... But the best part is ... I got mine "IN THE BOX"!!!

Currently:

I am trying to complete my Super Naturals collection, and I cannot find a 'COMPLETE' Bat Bopper vehicle and I still to this day, after nearly 8 years of collecting, have never seen Dark Dragon.

WooHoo! I just landed a Dark Dragon. It is the first time I've seen it, and no one ... I mean, no one bid on it. I am so frickin happy. :o

#12 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:07 AM

currently having trouble gathering many #72 Crooked Crow Battle Beast's. Didn't realise they were only packed in multipacks here in the states when I first decided it was the one to gather......

#13 tapout243

tapout243

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:43 AM

I am missing a lot of the fistful of aliens figures. I have looked everywhere but no luck.

#14 Wrath1104

Wrath1104

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:57 AM

I am missing a lot of the fistful of aliens figures. I have looked everywhere but no luck.

That's pretty cool ... I have been searching for those for quite some time. I saw an auction awhile back that had almost every single piece ... I tried to get it, but I was 1 day too late.
It sold for $10.00 :lol:

#15 toyfiend76

toyfiend76

go ahead and draw! punk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:toy collecting. music<br />transformers<br />m.u.s.c.l.e.<br />g.i.joe<br />star wars<br />spawn

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:41 PM

That's pretty cool ... I have been searching for those for quite some time. I saw an auction awhile back that had almost every single piece ... I tried to get it, but I was 1 day too late.
It sold for $10.00 :lol:

Where do i begin? Mcfarlane monsters series 1 werewolf full transformation, keeper of the black labyrinth from the seventh kingdom set,#406 from the kinkeshi reissue set. just to name a few!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:14 PM

I just landed a Dark Dragon. It is the first time I've seen it, and no one ... I mean, no one bid on it. I am so frickin happy. :D

Bah I've never seen a Dark Dragon either. Although I do have a Bat Bopper :lol:

I'd say one of the figures that is one of the last to get but also the 'so close' type was Megator and Tytus. I've been in so many close auctions and almost finalized deals on these two figures over the last 14 years its not even funny. Back when I first started trying to get them you could normally find them MISB for about 300 but at the time, I was a poor college student and I couldn't even imagine spending that much. Over the years these things just have continued to exponentially grow in value and I'm beginning to wonder if I ever will get them.

#17 Wrath1104

Wrath1104

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:15 AM

It sold for $10.00 :D

Where do i begin? Mcfarlane monsters series 1 werewolf full transformation, keeper of the black labyrinth from the seventh kingdom set,#406 from the kinkeshi reissue set. just to name a few!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am upset about the Minotaur set from Four Horsemen ... That came out when I wasn't financially sound, and I missed out on the entire collection. I have Xetheus, but none of the others. And now, you have to pay close to double or triple the individual figure price, just to get them ... GAH!

I just landed a Dark Dragon. It is the first time I've seen it, and no one ... I mean, no one bid on it. I am so frickin happy. :D

Bah I've never seen a Dark Dragon either. Although I do have a Bat Bopper :D

I'd say one of the figures that is one of the last to get but also the 'so close' type was Megator and Tytus. I've been in so many close auctions and almost finalized deals on these two figures over the last 14 years its not even funny. Back when I first started trying to get them you could normally find them MISB for about 300 but at the time, I was a poor college student and I couldn't even imagine spending that much. Over the years these things just have continued to exponentially grow in value and I'm beginning to wonder if I ever will get them.

I saw that Dark Dragon a few weeks after I started this topic, and my jaw dropped. Then I won it, which was effin amazing.
So, I thought to myself, I only need a Bat Bopper, and there were plenty online. So, I checked into this one, that I noticed went up a little in price. Turns out, another eBay member (Who was stateside) asked if it was complete (Original description said "not sure"), it came back complete, and the guy reposted it with correct information. Well, I decided to take advantage of my correct time zone situation, and BIN ... I now have a complete collection. :notme:

#18 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Toys and Games of all sorts!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:15 AM

When I was collecting Transformers:
Fortress Maximus every time I bid on him I got outbid.
Monstructor: I got half of the pieces for him, but this little combiner fetches insane prices.

Godzilla:
The later Godzilla Wars Trendmaster Items.
Also never got any of the Gamera Trendmaster items.

#19 Wrath1104

Wrath1104

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:25 AM

When I was collecting Transformers:
Fortress Maximus every time I bid on him I got outbid.
Monstructor: I got half of the pieces for him, but this little combiner fetches insane prices.

Oh, I know!!! When I first thought about collecting Transformers (for real), I thought maybe I'll just get only the combiner series guys. Then I saw some of the prices ... Whoa Boy!

#20 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:43 AM

I saw that Dark Dragon a few weeks after I started this topic, and my jaw dropped. Then I won it, which was effin amazing.
So, I thought to myself, I only need a Bat Bopper, and there were plenty online. So, I checked into this one, that I noticed went up a little in price. Turns out, another eBay member (Who was stateside) asked if it was complete (Original description said "not sure"), it came back complete, and the guy reposted it with correct information. Well, I decided to take advantage of my correct time zone situation, and BIN ... I now have a complete collection. :rolleyes:

You have a Lion Wings too? I've never seen one of those on ebay either. You need to post a picture in the collection section of the complete set when you get the bopper in :rolleyes:

#21 Wrath1104

Wrath1104

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 06:55 AM

So, I thought to myself, I only need a Bat Bopper, and there were plenty online. So, I checked into this one, that I noticed went up a little in price. Turns out, another eBay member (Who was stateside) asked if it was complete (Original description said "not sure"), it came back complete, and the guy reposted it with correct information. Well, I decided to take advantage of my correct time zone situation, and BIN ... I now have a complete collection. ^_^

You have a Lion Wings too? I've never seen one of those on ebay either. You need to post a picture in the collection section of the complete set when you get the bopper in :)

I sure do ... There used to be one on Alex's site Super Toy Archive. It didn't seem overpriced either, maybe $25, if I remember correctly.
As soon as I get out of the sandbox, I will post some pics for everyone to see.

#22 Crisdecal

Crisdecal

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:G1 Transformers, Battle Beasts, Robots & work.

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:23 PM

For me it would have to be Fortress Maximus. His price alone meant that not too many kids were able to get him for Christmas 1987. That means that they're not easily available as the smaller (& cheaper) figures. Now on ebay, a complete Max ranges from $850.00 to $1600.00 depending on completeness, condition, paperwork and with or without the box and styrofoam. I have every G1 Transformers toy minus Fortress Maximus so I'm finally on the prowl.

#23 righteousman

righteousman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:28 PM

For me it would have to be Fortress Maximus. His price alone meant that not too many kids were able to get him for Christmas 1987. That means that they're not easily available as the smaller (& cheaper) figures. Now on ebay, a complete Max ranges from $850.00 to $1600.00 depending on completeness, condition, paperwork and with or without the box and styrofoam. I have every G1 Transformers toy minus Fortress Maximus so I'm finally on the prowl.

Do you have a working Shockwave?

#24 Crisdecal

Crisdecal

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:G1 Transformers, Battle Beasts, Robots & work.

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:35 PM

Do you have a working Shockwave?

Yes I do.

#25 DuskKodesh

DuskKodesh

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Orange soda, Fallout 3, Vampires, Dinosaurs, Meat!, toys (obviously), My dog: Nebuchadnezzar, My Hubby: Mike, Ichumon.com, Industrial music, Dancing, Endless Ocean, Taeyang dolls, BJD's, Pokemon, Digimon, Sharks, and so much more.

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:46 AM

Well, not little or rubber, but I've always wanted a Jurassic Park Chaos Effect Ultimasaurus.
They were advertised but not released. Supposedly dozens escaped hasbro labs though. 6 have been found to date... I want one BAD!

Posted Image
Always hunting dinosaurs of many types, and anything cute. Don't worry, I have a warped sense of what's "cute".

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com