Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Nominations for the worst LRG figure ever!

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#26 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5108 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:58 PM

Monster In My Pocket Series 1
Coatlicue

What the hell is wrong with you?! Coatlicue is awesome! You would nominate her over such garbage gems as Anubis, T-Rex or Poltergeist?

#27 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:08 PM

What are you talking about? Coatlicue looks EXACTLY like the idol it's based on! It's awesome!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#28 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:24 PM

uh.. why are you guys failing to mention the ultimate insult. hydra is awesome!

btw, ridureyu, your signature is badass! castlevania for life!!!

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#29 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:34 PM

I always used the Hydra as an awesome prehistoric peacock monster.

#30 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Music, Science, Religion, Scrabble, Monster In My Pocket, Battle Beasts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:31 PM

I would also like to provide emrocic defense for Coatlicue - it looks great and it's surprisingly similar to traditional Aztec depections. And for that matter, I don't think the Undine is that bad a sculpt. Their Hydra interpretation was pretty aesthetically lacking though...

Edited by jack cambrian, 19 January 2009 - 01:30 PM.

#31 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:03 PM

Maybe if x number of people think something shouldn't be nominated it should be taken out?

#32 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:48 AM

:ph34r: Woah woah woah, guys! This is just the nominations remember - We don't have to defend the crappy figs until the actual tournament. Chillax hombres! I for one like muscle #033 but if Theorgg wants to nominate him then fairplay.

Coatlicue

What the hell is wrong with you?! Coatlicue is awesome! You would nominate her over such garbage gems as Anubis, T-Rex or Poltergeist?

Edited by musclemenkids, 19 January 2009 - 07:18 AM.

"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#33 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:01 AM

:p Woah woah woah, guys! This is just the nominations remember - We don't have to defend the crappy figs until the actual tournament. Chillax hombres! I for one like muscle #033 but if Theorgg wants to nominate him then fairplay.

Coatlicue

fair enough. you're right. :yahoo:

#34 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5108 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:39 PM

:lol: Woah woah woah, guys! This is just the nominations remember - We don't have to defend the crappy figs until the actual tournament. Chillax hombres! I for one like muscle #033 but if Theorgg wants to nominate him then fairplay.

Don't get me wrong, my getting pissed off at your choice was all in good fun. :lol: Of course I disagree very much, but considering some of the crazy stuff collected in these parts, eye of the beholder and all that rot. It's alllllll good!

Now, if somehow nominations miraculously exceeded 64, then maybe we should weigh in on what figures shouldn't be included.

I personally hope to add some figures to the list soon, including that abysmal T-Rex. Stay tuned!

Edited by Boaconda, 19 January 2009 - 02:40 PM.

#35 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:53 PM

For sure bru, i understand - i dont mind you getting worked up over my opinion of certain figures, heck what kinda toy collectors would we be if we did not have passionate arguments about LRGs that most unenlightened people stopped having when they were 9 years old. :lol: :lol:

p.s. Just for the record I think Anubis, T-Rex and Poltergeist are all shizznite! So fire them in haha!

Seriously though IF we do get more than 64 entries then we could certainly cull a few entries - not sure how we would decide but judging by others responses i guess Coatlicue would be safe. So long as we get more than 64 entires, so come on guys it's time to rummage up the cackest of cack!

:D Woah woah woah, guys! This is just the nominations remember - We don't have to defend the crappy figs until the actual tournament. Chillax hombres! I for one like muscle #033 but if Theorgg wants to nominate him then fairplay.

Don't get me wrong, my getting pissed off at your choice was all in good fun. :) Of course I disagree very much, but considering some of the crazy stuff collected in these parts, eye of the beholder and all that rot. It's alllllll good!

Now, if somehow nominations miraculously exceeded 64, then maybe we should weigh in on what figures shouldn't be included.

I personally hope to add some figures to the list soon, including that abysmal T-Rex. Stay tuned!

#36 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:58 PM

Dan!

Is there anyway you can get separate photos of the Cosmix? I really like the utter crappiness of them and think all three could go far in this tournament :lol:

hey, since we're talking about maximum suck here, lets make sure we start at the bottom.

cosmix - ninja figures (these are beyond awful).

and, i don't think this counts as an lrg since it's about 3" tall and has shoulder and hip articulation with a ball joint neck. but beastcleif from the mega bloks dragons line is by far one of the worst toys i've ever owned.

#37 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:26 PM

not a problem. i'll get cracking on that as soon as i can.

#38 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:03 AM

I think we should call him... Freddie!

"I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouche,scaramouche will you do the fandango?"

Im not sure whether i really like this figure...or really dislike it because of the choker/neck(lace?) thing.

Hang on for a second there chum! this has already been discussed in a previous thread. i think you are being very insulting! we all know this is actually TGB.
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

Abolish The Ninja Mites Section

#39 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order, these are the things I collect;
    Monster in my Pocket (Both original the modern)
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:05 PM

I nominate scorpion man (mimp s2), lamia and charun (mimp super scary). I second the nomination for hydra.

Attached File  mimps8.jpg   54.63K   6 downloads
Was the usual sculptor out taking a nap when scorpion man was made? I mean, jeez, he's nearly 2D. It's as bad as that horrible hydra, only scorpion man doesn't look like a scorpion man, he looks like he has some kind of giant tumor coming out of his deformed ass. You could at LEAST imagine hydra being a hydra.

Attached File  mimps7.jpg   76.82K   8 downloads
They were taking MASSIVE liberties with charun. Bald, nude, bat wings instead of bird wings, muscular... the only thing about him that even remotely identifies him as charun is his hammer. What are those tubes coming out of his face? You call that a face? Check out the wiki article, it even mentions the horrible mimp figure.

Attached File  mimps6.jpg   70.42K   17 downloads
And finally lamia... This is supposed to be a sexy half woman half snake seductress, prophet and sorceress that eats children. At least they got the eyes right - being that she is holding her own oversized eyes in her hands... but what's with the rolls of sagging flesh on her right leg? not her dress, because the hem of her dress is clearly sculpted well above that ugly growth. Not a coiled snake limb either, because there's a FOOT sticking out the back of it.

And then her horrible lumpy skin! Yuck! Get some moisturiser lady! And she has TOES! Since when do snakes have toes? They also gave her a low cut top, but where's the boobs? Seductresses need boobs (wait, I just worked out what happened to the boobs. Those aren't eyes in her hands if you know what I mean). And that face! Yuck! Can't seduce ANYONE with a mug like that.

Well, maybe some really weird people.

I'm sure there's some others I could nominate, might take a while for me to locate them all though.

Edited by Airot, 21 January 2009 - 03:07 PM.

I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret.

#40 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:13 PM

The Scorpion Man looks a lot like the Babyblonian frieze art, but I agree with the Lamia and Charun. Charun in particular just lacks detail. Witht he Lamia, those are supposed to be scales.

#41 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:56 PM

This thread lost its life, so I'm giving it a bump.

Still need about ~45 more, that people generally accept.

#42 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:57 PM

Great idea Craig ;)
Sorry if i have doubled dipped on some figures , but i really need to vent my frustration on some Muscle sculpts that have haunted me for years.

These are the worst!

Attached Files

There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#43 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:53 PM

aaaaand bump!

#44 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:43 AM

I nominate:

The Ladybug, from the Super Creepy Monster In My Pocket line:
Posted Image

and the Horsefly, from the same line:
Posted Image

Most of the Super Creepy line figures were a tad bland, but these two just took the biscuit!

My comics blog - mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 1980s and 1990s
Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

#45 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:48 AM

There was also a lot of very bland figures from the "Good Guys" side of the Trash Bag Bunch. A shame really, as most of them were really fun monster designs.

The worst offenders being:

Kaptain Kollector
Posted Image

Sgt. Wastenot
Posted Image

Dr. Sheen
Posted Image

and Sparkler
Posted Image

Oh how tragic!

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

#46 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:15 AM

haha Great stuff Two headed boy! the receding hairline of Dr Sheen combined with his speckled pants just oooze crapiness, but in a good way!... well in a crap way really, but thats what is good about it.

#47 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:59 PM

There was also a lot of very bland figures from the "Good Guys" side of the Trash Bag Bunch. A shame really, as most of them were really fun monster designs.

it's funny that you mention Trash Bag Bunch, before the concept for the dissolvable packaging or even the name was dreamt up Galoob actually had the figures already sculpted and made up they just didn't know what do with them - you can't blame them for struggling :D The guy that originally came up with the idea sketched out rats, sludge monsters and robot type character made of rubbish, Galoob liked the idea but used the existing figures instead. The original figures were intended to be unpainted....if only they had stuck with that :D

Posted Image

#48 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10735 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:59 PM

As far as bad figures, and trash bag bunch.... I remember this TERRIBLE, practically 2-D, red flying RAT.

And I loved it.
www.deadbirdtoys.com
Any social media: @bad_luck_jimmy

#49 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:51 AM

it's funny that you mention Trash Bag Bunch, before the concept for the dissolvable packaging or even the name was dreamt up Galoob actually had the figures already sculpted and made up they just didn't know what do with them - you can't blame them for struggling :shok: The guy that originally came up with the idea sketched out rats, sludge monsters and robot type character made of rubbish, Galoob liked the idea but used the existing figures instead. The original figures were intended to be unpainted....if only they had stuck with that ;)

I never knew that. Thanks! :D

#50 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:48 AM

Indeed, Mel Birnkrant was his name. He also did the Outer Space Men and Real Monsters toys. Thanks to Mr. Scythemantis for that nugget.

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com