FAN ART CHALLENGE!

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#151 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:34 PM

How long will the voting last? :cry:

How big is the moon? :p

Was everybody skinny in the 70's?

How come there arn't any dinosaurs around anymore?

I think a week is long enough for voting.

The moon is about 2,000 miles across.

Yes, Becuase In the 70's, everybody had to slip into their skinny super-silky style of a satin sports jacket with their name embroidered on the front.

Most think this was the impact of a giant asteroid. The rock from the crater made by the asteroid’s impact covered the ground while tsunamis swept over the land. The heat wave would have caused forest fires to spread throughout the world. Thick clouds from dust an asteroid in space and smoke covered the earth for months. Plants died from the fires and lack of sunlight.

WhiteLeo

Edited by WhiteLeo, 31 August 2007 - 06:35 PM.

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#152 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:09 PM

Here it is, your moment of Zen! My BIG entry is finally ready to unleash, and frikky cool, if I do say so myself (and I do, I guess). 3 BFs and 3 KNs superdeformed and transported into the world of Puzzle Fighter! each charachter was drawn and inked on seperate index cards, scanned and cleaned in photoshop, printed onto a sticker sheet, colored, cut out, and stuck onto transparencies. the game effects are on one layer, painted on, and the backgound and forground charachters are seperate sheets. The backdrop is a elementary/middle school hall, depending on where you were when you first got hooked. 4 layers of fun, all in one! And we finally see a rematch of the age-old rivalry: tortoise and the hare!

Attached Files

Posted Image

#153 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:16 PM

Here it is, your moment of Zen! My BIG entry is finally ready to unleash, and frikky cool, if I do say so myself (and I do, I guess). 3 BFs and 3 KNs superdeformed and transported into the world of Puzzle Fighter! each charachter was drawn and inked on seperate index cards, scanned and cleaned in photoshop, printed onto a sticker sheet, colored, cut out, and stuck onto transparencies. the game effects are on one layer, painted on, and the backgound and forground charachters are seperate sheets. The backdrop is a elementary/middle school hall, depending on where you were when you first got hooked. 4 layers of fun, all in one! And we finally see a rematch of the age-old rivalry: tortoise and the hare!

Reccoom your third entry has been updated in the poll. I forgot you had one to finish. Awsome Job!!! :cry:

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#154 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 01 September 2007 - 12:15 AM

I think a week is long enough for voting.

The moon is about 2,000 miles across.

Yes, Becuase In the 70's, everybody had to slip into their skinny super-silky style of a satin sports jacket with their name embroidered on the front.

Most think this was the impact of a giant asteroid. The rock from the crater made by the asteroid’s impact covered the ground while tsunamis swept over the land. The heat wave would have caused forest fires to spread throughout the world. Thick clouds from dust an asteroid in space and smoke covered the earth for months. Plants died from the fires and lack of sunlight.

WhiteLeo

Wow! That was very informative. :cry: Who would of thought! Looks like you were paying alot of attention at the Dinosaur thing you went to. :D

Man reccoom, that's great. Very original and creative concept! I love the overall style, the exact opposite of linear. Very Retro looking and everything. Makes me want to pull out some of my old school fighting games. :p

Posted Image

#155 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:18 AM

Okay, I voted in the "official" poll thread... Hey, was it one of those wacky polls again where we could vote more than once? D'oh!

Anyhoo, they were all awesome and unique. I was really digging URS's style; I love that color technique! And Reccoom's art always has so much character and detail. Basically, all the work was kickass!

However, there was one piece that just stuck out for me and that was Czarcher's MEAT Battle Drill! I just love that picture! Very creative way of combining the Beastformer and MUSCLE world, great artwork, and I love the choice of placing MEAT on the drill (ewww, that doesn't sound good, does it?).

Kudos to all!
Posted Image

#156 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:45 AM

Wow ! Thanks Soups! I'm honored! :cry:

#157 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:29 PM

So many great entries, but my personal favorite was Reccoom Kaboom - Gruesome Tyrannoclaw.
Good luck everyone!

#158 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:23 PM

My guess is that TORTLE is gonna run away with this one. :cry:

#159 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 01:24 PM

My guess is that TORTLE is gonna run away with this one. :cry:

I don't know, dude... the voting is pretty close. It's pretty much a toss-up between Blitzkrieg-Suguru, Gruesome Tyrannoclaw, and Tortle Beast.

Personally, I voted for Puzz Fight. I thought it had an interesting styling (especially that Tortle!) and fun concept.

#160 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:24 AM

...nope,looks like you've got this one in the bag. Like I said,I just can't compete with computer art. :help:

#161 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:02 AM

However, there was one piece that just stuck out for me and that was Czarcher's MEAT Battle Drill! I just love that picture! Very creative way of combining the Beastformer and MUSCLE world, great artwork, and I love the choice of placing MEAT on the drill (ewww, that doesn't sound good, does it?).

ONLY 3 votes for my 'Meat Drill' !? I thought the idea alone would have had me in the top 2 or 3.
Pretty disapointing. :help:

#162 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 03 September 2007 - 12:42 PM

Well, I finally voted. It was really a hard choice.

I voted for:

Reccoom's Gruesome Tyranoclaw, cause he's just flipping great. I also voted for his Puzz fight! I'm serious, I loved this thing. I wish I could get a wall scroll made of this thing. Very original, Very Creative, And I love the abstract style.

Soupie's SD SC, It's just too cute. :(

Czarcher's Beast Armor Sunshine. I just though it was a killer job, and the colors were appealing to the eye. I also liked how the flash of the camera made the orb have that glowy effect to it. ;)

And I voted for a couple of that URS guys pics, cause I felt pretty sorry for him. :help:

Posted Image

#163 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:12 PM

I don't think anybody else is gonna vote :cry: 27 votes is kinda pathetic,and pretty surprising considering there's over 1,000 members. :unsure:

#164 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:02 AM

I don't think anybody else is gonna vote :cry: 27 votes is kinda pathetic,and pretty surprising considering there's over 1,000 members. :unsure:

There just aren't that many "active" members. Most have come here to buy or sell, and not much else.
I was surprised at how many of us actually submitted something in the first place, and quite a few entries coming from each. Looks like Nate will get a much deserved win. It was fun.

#165 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:11 AM

I thought the voter turnout wasn't too bad... at least, better than I expected. It was much better than the image contest voting. :unsure:

#166 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:43 AM

Wow,my previous comment must've sparked someone,cause now there's 28 votes..........lettsee,they voted forrrrrr..... Tortle :unsure: Doh!

#167 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:14 AM

Actually I voted for 3 of them....but Tortle's was one of the three. :unsure:
I was being lazy about voting. I didnt feel like looking for the thread until now. :cry:
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#168 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:47 PM

Well guys with it beening almost 5:00PM my time. I have desided to let the contest come to a end. The results for the contest are in.

TORTLE is the WINNER with 12 Votes!!!!! I want to thank everyone for playing, I hope everyone had fun. I enjoyed it myself!!!!! Contact Jkaris for your $20 Nate!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#169 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:47 PM

Yes i won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I can't wait to get my mone....Oh wait im not Tortle awww shucks.I still had fun. ^_^
Congrats Nate!!!!!!!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#170 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:18 PM

Thanks for the props, guys! I did have a blast with this contest... not only making my picture, but also seeing everyone else's cool art. Everyone did a great job, and hopefully we can have another contest soon that's just as productive! ^_^

#171 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:10 AM

Congrats Nate!! Great win!!
You should choose the idea for the next contest.

#172 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:16 AM

If I woulda won,I would have had an art contest to where no computers could be used in the art making process. ^_^ :ermm:

#173 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 09:15 AM

If I woulda won,I would have had an art contest to where no computers could be used in the art making process. ^_^ :ermm:

Why? I had 3 entries myself done on the computer that all lost. Do you think the computer drew Nate's picture? It's just a tool, like a pencil or a brush. My favorite entry was "Reccoom Kaboom – Gruesome Tyrannoclaw", and that wasn't done on a computer. It's just for fun. Don't take it so hard.

#174 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 11:34 AM

I colored all of mine in paint. I didn't vote for Tortles pic anyways. I don't know what it was, but I got a strange nauseous feeling evertime I looked at it. ^_^ I'm not kidding I think it was the graphite fading background knocking against the flesh and blue colors. Maybe I'm epileptic. :ermm:

Posted Image

#175 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 09 September 2007 - 04:54 AM

It was a good contest, with the outcome I pretty much expected. Congrats to Nate, fer showin' my Tyrannoclaw who's the boss, and congrats to all the other participants, for bringn' their skillz. I liked just about all of em, and hope there's still momentum for a second one. I've got lots more Ideas, and hope this contest doesn't end here.

Attached Files

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com